Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 83 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Kronos

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Kronos:  2 mins ago
 OlafS25:  8 mins ago
 VooDoo:  21 mins ago
 RobertB:  30 mins ago
 Hammer:  55 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Register To Post

PosterThread
SpaceDruid 
Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:51:16
#1 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

He brought up Bill's character and said we should cut him a break. But he gives no reason beyond some nebulous "(he) is (under) a near constant state of extreme pressure".
The arguments are not old in relevance at all. Kent, OS5 much better than OSX, AA2, these are all events within the last 2 to 3 years. And other ones still resonate because Amiga has never shown a better side to themselves to us.

Quote:

If Jamie can make a blanket statement that Bill is ok, we can respond as to why we would find that hard to believe without further info to the contrary.

Do you have any evidence to support that Bill was behind the decision to go ahead with the Kent deal? We already know that others further up the chain were actively involved in the workings of the company, Bill was only acting president (or whatever title he had been given).

Bill is the public face of the company so its natural to blame him for everything thats gone on, but even going as far back as the vouchers, we have no way of knowing who it was that came up with the ideas. Back in the day, I had a PR guy who made all my announcements for me, took all the flack went things went wrong and was the guy the press came down on like a ton of bricks whenever a fall guy was needed.

Is it not possible that Bill still is the same guy we liked initially, that has had to make statements and chose actions that went against his opinion, but were given to him from on high and that is still trying his best to give us what he origionaly hoped to despite all the roadblocks that are being thrown in front of him?

Perhaps that is what Jamie means? Afterall, if Bill was the man behind some of the things that have gone on, both of us have struggled to understand why he still holds his job. If those ideas were not his own, it goes a long way to understanding why he does still hold the job.

Also, in the long post that Jamie made, most of it was about AVD and how working for Amiga affects development of it. He wrote a small part of that post about Bill and Hyperions motives, most of it was not relevant to what most of the posts in reply have been about and at the time of posting only a couple have answered his question.

But because he did open that doorway, most of the posts since then have been charging through the house, trampling the nice white carpet with their muddy boots demanding to know where the party is. (That analogy might be crap, but its very relevant to whats happening in my house at the moment making me wish this thread happened yesterday or tommorow instead of bloody now... Appologies for the dreadful mess I'm making of the quoting)

Quote:

And I did not bring up the voucher scandal BTW. (Were you refering to someone else there?)

Well I did address my first post to the thread than to any individual so yes is your answer.

Google Translate

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie Kruegerfairlanefastback12-Jun-2009 20:11:07
          Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie KruegerSpaceDruid12-Jun-2009 20:21:44
              Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie Kruegerfairlanefastback12-Jun-2009 21:09:43

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle