Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 97 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Kronos,  OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  7 secs ago
 Kronos:  18 secs ago
 Hammer:  13 mins ago
 zipper:  21 mins ago
 pixie:  28 mins ago
 AndreasM:  35 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  51 mins ago
 VooDoo:  55 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 Vidar:  1 hr 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Register To Post

PosterThread
Daemon 
Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Posted on 15-Jun-2009 9:19:45
#1 ]

Well, to sum up somethings a little short and crude here..

Amiga's ceo, Bill M. is so impressed with the work Jamie has put into the avd for amiga os 4.0 so he decides to hire him, thus due to workload/nda Jamie cant work on it...

one way to look at things is that They bought out Jamie in a sence to kill off development of os 4.0,

good for jamie with an good employment, bad for the amiga os 4.0 commuinty?
good in the long run for the amiga scene?

as far as i can tell Jamie seems to be an genuine amiga user,

not saying Jamie is a lapdog or being bought, but the effect of him being hired by amiga inc did indeed make the result of avd being put in a closet.
and especially since he himself and nda's sees working on avd as working for an competioneer. maybe avd wouldnt been worked on if he got an employment else where either

and i sure wish Jamie can take with him some of the things said by alot of people here, good and bad, to alot of people,. or atleast myself i see Amiga inc as a company that doesn't seem to care or even work towards the market the amiga usuers are... to me it seems amiga inc just ended up with a name they want to make something else of then it was, and as alot of amiga users/fans feel let down, when supporters are felt left in the cold supporters can easily become an an very critic force.

summa summarum,. hyperion put out os 4.0. sam440 is out......
amiga inc made a tip calculator and snowman maker not even working on an amiga...

amiga inc have missed out on may market opertunities, they could have been involved in some minimig type development for instace..

i'm glad to hear some one from amiga inc actually speak and answer questions, for amiga inc's sake towards the amiga scene i wish bill would speak up, not more false or premature statesments that later fall out of grace and what ever just never materialise, just come out and speak about something, and for gods sake update that darn homepage its embarrassing...

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle