Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 100 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  11 mins ago
 clint:  21 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr ago
 Kronos:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  Momentum PPC 970 eval board
Register To Post

PosterThread
digitaldisaster 
Re: Momentum PPC 970 eval board
Posted on 1-Aug-2004 11:48:47
#1 ]
Cult Member

@Troels

1)Good
2) It certainly is
3)Not nessaceraly, for some the fact that you can build your own system will be enough, as would AmigaOS support
4)The eval board is a one of cost of $6000 and has no licensing restrictions
5)Why? The kind of organisation I am talking abour is an actaul registered company but one that is set up in such a way that it may make no profits for it's members and may have no shareholders, all money musst be reinvested in the company, in effect a charity.
6)Almost certainly essential
7)I have no idea, maybe AmigaWorld.net could set up a poll. Although it would be possible to get MorphOS on it, with Genesi apparently working on their own G5 board it may be dificult to get them to support this one, especially with a different chipset. If it is true that it is the developers not Genesi/Thendic that own MorphOS then it may be possible to bypass Genesi and talk directly to the developers who I suspect would be more willing to help and less prone to empty promises.
8)Eyetech don't really come into it beyond a possible distributer unless they want to licesne the board and rebadge it as an Eyetech AmigaOne. KMOS also have little bearing on this beyond getting an AmigaOne license, unless they want to inject some funding into the project. I would contact them if my damn email server wasn't playing up.

Once again I shal try to celar up the "not for profit" bit, this is to get the const to end users (i.e. the community) down, people that make bulk orders, such as companies that would want Linux on it, would have to pay the normal markup, this money would be reinvested into the project to pay for development of new boards as well as Manufacutring costs of future batches.

I hope that their is interest in this projectotherwise I wil stop wasting my time and making a fool of myself now. I have seen a lot of posts about on Amiga forums and mailing lists say taht they want faster AmigaOne's and/or G5 AmigaOne's and would pay to help them be developed or would certainly buy one. Well if these people are prepared to put theyre money where there mouth is then this project will live otherwise I leave now and it will die. Please do not post negative comments here, this is for discussion about getting the board working and what features etc. it should have.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle