Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 92 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  1 min ago
 A1200:  46 mins ago
 Hammer:  50 mins ago
 bendito:  1 hr ago
 matthey:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 klx300r:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 kriz:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 Torque:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Sub-thread concerning comments mad in Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Register To Post

PosterThread
Jupp3 
Re: Sub-thread concerning comments mad in Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Posted on 1-Feb-2008 9:36:25
#1 ]

@ShadesOfGrey

Quote:
KMOS has done nothing to me. Nothing at all. They also haven't done anything for me.

Do you say the same about other big companies, that outsource things (like OS development) to other companies? Sometimes after trying (and failing) to do it in-house, as was the case with Amiga inc.

Sure, it wasn't KMOS (back then) who made the deal, and it's not exactly like "normal outsourcing deal" - but both parties seemed to be ok with the contract when they signed it. And yes, it took quite a while to convince them to continue the OS development.

Just trying to point out that by your logic, there are lots of big name companies "that are not doing anything"

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
damocles 
Posted on 1-Feb-2008 12:34:45
#1 ]

@ShadesOfGrey

Quote:
Just so we are clear, I don't like the car analogy. It deals with physical property and doesn't translate well to IP. I only continued it, because I thought I could get my point across. Instead I've been told it was "even less like real life". Well, excuse me. From now on I will not use analogies here, ever, ever again.

It's far better to use a house and it's blueprints analogy IMO since it involves building (an OS).

Top | Parent

PosterThread
Tigger 
Posted on 4-Feb-2008 14:54:28
#1 ]
Elite Member

@ShadesOfGrey

Quote:

ShadesOfGrey wrote:

Quote:
Itec bought the OS back in 2003, and KMOS has been asking for it pretty much all the time since 2004. Its really difficult for me to look at the documents saying give us our OS, that have been going back and forth for most of 4 years and say that AI was happy with the situation.

I'll gladly reconsider my position, link please.

Document 4, Exhibit F
Document 35, Exhibit Q

Quote:

Quote:
There is a receipt for the OS buyback for 22500 which should have been 22250 from Hyperion to Itec. Both the Tachyon and the Itec checks specificially say they are for the buyback. The $8850 according to the letter accompanying it is in direct response to what Ben is asking for as the still due amount for the buyback.

Document 82 Exhibit C & D

Quote:

Quote:
PDA port was paid in advance per the contract and according to the principles. So there is no backdebt for the PDA, and Itec bought the OS long before the PDA deal came up.

Document 26 Exhibit 12.

Quote:

Quote:
As far as I know the new AI has sent shirts they didnt owe to people, offered to honor the coupons and got Bill McEwen to not be CEO. Shoot thats a better track record then Hyperion in my book.

Wait... Backup. Isn't Bill McEwen currently the CEO? If not then who is?

Oh, lovely, AI gave away some T-shirts to those people who didn't fork over $50. How magnanimous of them. Hyperion developign OS4, even as late as it was, can't compare to a T-Shirt! After all, I'm sure AI hand stitched every single one.

Pentti Kouri is the CEO of Amiga Inc Delaware (ie KMOS).

Quote:

Come on. Are you actually saying that AI has done more for the Amiga Community by 'fixing' the T-shirt debacle then Hyperion's release of OS4? "Oh, but it's sooo late!" So what. I notice that AI hasn't exactly kept to their time table either. And for no better reasons than why Hyperion fell short of theirs.

Hyperion is 1 guy, his name is Evert Carton, I think he has done nothing for the Amiga community. You guys have to stop thinking that the developers are part of Hyperion, because they arent and the documents we have seen so far would suggest they basically havent been paid by this one man company a bunch of you are having a love fest with.
-Tig

Last edited by Tigger on 04-Feb-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle