Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 90 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

MichaelMerkel,  sibbi

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 sibbi:  3 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  3 mins ago
 matthey:  27 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 klx300r:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 kinchan:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  3 hrs 3 mins ago
 Beamish2040:  3 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Register To Post

PosterThread
eliyahu 
Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 16:18:08
#1 ]

@opi

Quote:
If Windows is a sandwich, Linux is bread and butter (some assembly is required), AmigaOS is a bag of flower (pray to not get food poisoning) you'd rather not to use. There are so many steps before this can be turned into sandwich. No sane person would use AmigaOS for antyhing other than old school fun.

dunno about the analogy, but the sentiment is about right. i use AOS for enjoyment, not for work. that being said, i do a ton of sound-editing on my SAM with HD-rec, among others.

there seems to be a disconnect between those who think the amiga platform should continue on its own particular path and those who want to see the platform scrapped and the brand transitioned to a commodity platform (not that commodity platforms are bad, mind you). there will never be agreement between those who hold views on different sides of that divide. this conversation keeps happening over and over and over again. i would think folks would understand that they will not convince the holder of the opposite viewpoint.

@thread

as for power.org members providing desktop-class performance at prices conducive to the consumer marketplace, i think some might be surprised at what is available (and how competitive it is) by 2H 2013. that doesn't mean that all of a suddent AOS (or MOS, for that matter) becomes competitive in the consumer space; but it does mean our hobby can continue. freescale does have some very nice kit on offer currently, and for DAXPY-like workloads, i.e., stream-oriented, they will perform very well indeed.

also keep in mind that public pricing of microelectronics parts -- especially from freescale -- should be taken with a grain of salt.

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 17-Apr-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000opi17-Apr-2011 16:23:57
          Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000pavlor17-Apr-2011 16:27:00
              Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000opi17-Apr-2011 16:28:22
              Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000Stephen_Robinson17-Apr-2011 20:42:36
          Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000eliyahu17-Apr-2011 16:30:21
              Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000jas_mc17-Apr-2011 16:56:26
          Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000Amigo117-Apr-2011 17:16:04
              Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000SinanG17-Apr-2011 18:03:02

PosterThread
KingKong 
Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 16:19:36
#1 ]

@opi

Well, perhaps your comment will spur the guys in charge (to improve/promote AmigaOS).

I'm pretty used to people without any clue, so you can be as blunt as you want.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle