Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  13 mins ago
 Marcian:  16 mins ago
 amigakit:  24 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 Vidar:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 5 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 41 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  mui-mplayer on amigaos4 thread / progress
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fab 
Re: mui-mplayer on amigaos4 thread / progress
Posted on 1-Nov-2011 23:43:27
#321 ]

@phoenixkonsole

Speaking of which, MPlayer MorphOS has what was requested last year to make AMC work for several months now. Would be nice to finally make a MorphOS release of AMC.

Profile     Report this post  
phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 1-Nov-2011 23:50:46
#322 ]

@Fab
Hi Fab, this info hasn't reached me yet / until now.

Fabio is a bit busy with starting his own business.
I am actually in the process of ordering MOS AND AOS4 HW for my personal use and to be able to test the SW by my own.
It comes.

samo79 
Posted on 1-Nov-2011 23:55:08
#323 ]
Elite Member

@Fab

Nice, i was sure it didn't !

I will try soon how it work with AMC 1.22-OS4 and the latest MUI MPlayer port

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

TiredofLife 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 0:04:05
#324 ]

@phoenixkonsole

Sam440ep

Cheers

Fab 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 3:04:11
#325 ]

@samo79

Well, MPlayer MorphOS has a REXX port (and all the needed commands by AMC) since about 5 years.

The only 2 further changes needed by AMC were the -geometry option support from command line (in fact, neither the AROS and OS4 version support the width/height values there AFAIK, unlike the MorphOS version) and REXX commands also working for audio-only files in non-GUI mode (it only worked in GUI mode). I applied these changes almost one year ago, now. :)

Last edited by Fab on 02-Nov-2011 at 03:04 AM.

samo79 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 3:41:40
#326 ]
Elite Member

@Fab

MPlayer Reaction version included into the AMC's package is already adapted for AMC but you can't control the embedded video into the AMC window yet, you can play any file without any problem but no visual control

I try now with the MUI version of MPlayer (just overwriting MPlayer AMC with the MUI release mantaining the name) but the final result is worse, passing over a video file cause an immediate crash of AMC

Quote:
Could not delete file!
File: amc_video.hws (current line: 8018 - In function: DeleteFile)

This is an Hollywood crash of course but say that this MPlayer port cannot be used in AMC yet, don't know if is caused by the kas1e's port or not but still, it doesn't work for now

Just for add, if (from tooltype) i active the GUI i don't have any crash in AMC, but the embedded video doesn't work while the audio start --> means MPlayer work in some kind

AFAIK the only version (that work at 100% with AMC) is the AROS version of MPlayer that is also based to your source, maybe they include some change to use it in AMC ...

Testing and experiment are needed

Fab 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 3:44:27
#327 ]

@samo79

There were no changes needed in AROS version except for the 2 i mentioned, which certainly don't cause such havoc that you experience when they're missing. :)

Last edited by Fab on 02-Nov-2011 at 03:44 AM.

samo79 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 3:54:15
#328 ]
Elite Member

@Fab

Yep i believe you, In fact I also knew that there were only these two changes to fit the AMC requirement, but still this MPlayer (MUI) port doesn't work (or cause AMC to crash badly) while instead the Reaction one included is fine (exept for some missing functionality to control the embedded video)

I don't remember such crash in the past and i've tested AMC for nearly 1 year ..

Last edited by samo79 on 02-Nov-2011 at 03:55 AM.

K-L 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 14:32:35
#329 ]

@thread

Even if MUI-Mplayer won't be maintained further on AmigaOS 4 (as far as I understand Roman), I've realised some Benchmarks and it seems Altivec version has some troubles.

Mplayer : Andreas's port, MUI-Mplayer : Kas1le's port

Benchmarks are realized with the same video and the options -benchmark -nosound of Mplayer. AmigaOne 4G 1Ghz used.

Mplayer Altivec : 32s
Mplayer No Altivec : 35s
MUI-Mplayer Altivec : 35s
MUI-MplayerNo Altivec : 33s

So MUI-Mplayer without Altivec is faster than MUI-Mplayer with Altivec enabled. And it is faster than Mplayer (Andrea's) without Altivec.

I'd advise this : on every machine without Altivec : use MUI-Mplayer, faster (but not as fast as DvPlayerat the moment).

On all Altivec computers : use Mplayer (Andrea's) which is the fastest.

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 15:35:25
#330 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:

Even if MUI-Mplayer won't be maintained further on AmigaOS 4 (as far as I understand Roman

Say thanks to "os4 team leader" :) He not see why i should be in betatest team, and why i should be any kind of exception.

What is strange, is that they piece-off ppls with normal skills, who can help to imporve their os, and they better will stay in some strange pose, and saying "hyperion not need betatesters" and have betatesters 50% of which even do not understand what they do at all. Pretty unpossible that i will have motivation back to be strong user/developer of os4 anymore , for now i already start to works on some aros-related stuff.

Through, should to add, that fab give us his async-curl code, so, for muiowb there will be one more update for sure , which will not have blocking of gui. I also still help Thore a bit to betatest mui, but its just because of some techincal interest.

I hope that someday i can port muiowb to AROS, and so, then will worring about it on AROS. As well as i think to port now last mui-mplayer version to AROS too. There i will not have any problems to have access to code, to bugzilla, to beta version of os and so on. And i will not loose years of waiting while someone will kindly enough to give me access to betatesting of OS.

K-L 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 15:45:21
#331 ]

@kas1e

Good luck with your new world (AROS world should be happy to have you in the team). By the way, if you want to sell your Pegasos, just tell us, some could be interested

Now, let's hope DvPlayer still continues its development since it's the fastest movie player for AmigaOS right now, just missing the support of more formats.

zerohero 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 15:45:26
#332 ]
Team Member

@kas1e

Sad to see you leave, but I hope you get your motivation back on AROS. You'll do a good job there as well, I'm sure of that.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:00:01
#333 ]
Elite Member

@K-L
Quote:

By the way, if you want to sell your Pegasos, just tell us, some could be interested

Thiking about it for now.. For morphos i can get some cheap mac, and for aros i have x86 already. But i think its not worth to worrying, as price not big one (500E maximum imho), and its anyway good to have all the flavors, so you can do tests and have logical reassons for one or another matters.

@K-L, zerohero

Thanks :) I need of course some time to resort all the stuff, but i am sure that with Abiv1 (which they almost finish already) stability will be improved a lot. As well as they already have gallium3d (and 3d is in which i in interst , even on os4 was) , their users, base increases , posedeon for usb2 and cheap hw with good raw power :) Buts let's see it going.

nikosidis 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:05:29
#334 ]
Cult Member

@kas1e

Very glad to see you joining AROS :D

Latest MPlayer for AROS is very welcome. My offer to give you ACER aspire one hardware still stands. We will talk soon.

Tomppeli 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:06:38
#335 ]

@kas1e

Quote:
Say thanks to "os4 team leader" :) He not see why i should be in betatest team, and why i should be any kind of exception.

??? I don't understand.

Why do you think you have to be a betatester before you can develop software for a platform ? (I've had my bad moments in past as well but such is life.)

tommysammy 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:12:18
#336 ]
Cult Member

@kas1e

Please don`t go .You are important for OS4

Shufflepuck 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:12:22
#337 ]
Cult Member

@kas1e

Good luck with your new AROS endeavors, I bet everyone in the AROS community will be glad to have you onboard!

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:19:55
#338 ]
Elite Member

@Tomppeli

Quote:

Why do you think you have to be a betatester before you can develop software for a platform ?

I not so understand what you say, but i and develop, and port to, and betatest os4 software before.

And i need full access to internal bugzilla, to have ability to test latest betabins, have ability to read all the bugzilla and internal changes. I just need it to have more time to concetrate on actuall working (when i can easyly check what was reported, what not, what need to report, what are already), and not on annoing someone on forum in hope that someone, someday, will check my post and report it to bugzilla or kind. Its very annoing all the time ask someone somethere what was fixed and what was not. So, for me being plain os4 user in something which blocking me from reality. Ssolie not give me that access, so, i not in interest to be in that strange position, which prevent me to make all the stuff better. If he not understand that such choice pice-off actual devs, then better for me.

Aros can be buggy, messy (for now), but its all without any elite-crap, without any "closed from eyes" stuff, everything open and visibly. Do what you want, fix what you want, report what you want, and you can't blame here anyone. If you dislike someone, then you not need to talk with him "friendly" or dunno how, to have ability to have access somethere. Sure, aos4 are stable, clean, have pluses, but thinking all the time that their ways its ways to piece-off developers, its just point me that there is no normal future for it ..

Quote:

Please don`t go .You are important for OS4

I write those posts not for drama-quine scene, but just to explain why i have no interst in os4 for now. The ways how hyperion see potential developers of os4 are stange for me. They better will send HW to wrong ppls (openoffice) , they better will say "we have enough betatesters" , but no ! they will _never ever_ have normal deals with someone directly, who support their os. For me, its can be covered by one phrase: irrational and unlogical reassons.

Last edited by kas1e on 08-Nov-2011 at 04:25 PM.

VooDoo 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:26:25
#339 ]

@kas1e

stay on OS4 is not time for leave os4 , please

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich :)

Croatian Amiga portal

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 16:28:39
#340 ]
Elite Member

@VooDoo

Ask ssolie why he can't make me betatester. And hes answer will mean why its time to swith to something else than os4.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle