Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
35 crawler(s) on-line.
 91 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 min ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  26 mins ago
 Deaths_Head:  26 mins ago
 OlafS25:  34 mins ago
 michalsc:  37 mins ago
 pixie:  46 mins ago
 zipper:  55 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
kas1e 
Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2
Posted on 9-Jun-2011 20:45:25
#1 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Quote:

Just for curiosity...mplyaer-MUI have the same dependencies as owb-mui? I imagine yes right?

Not so many, but yes. For example that what i remember from top of head right now:

-- list class use all the methods as methods, not as hooks (that was implemented in mui when we works on mui-owb, and that how mplayer code use it as well)
-- AboutBox class which Thore make from scratch uses as well.
-- Some bugs and stuff what was fixed for mui-owb (list's "H" for hide columns, maybe negative arrays (do not remember), and just all the bugs which was fixed in mui) also uses in mui-mplayer

Quote:

And since you have really good experience on mui related-deps with owb, porting mplayer was an easy task or still some hard work to do?

In general, of course, its all was very easy in compare. The binary i build for 1-2 days i think, then, i just get AROS-source codes of their port as well (they port mui-mplayer to aros as well, just with disabled overlay, aboutbox class usage, and some other stuff), so, i just see how they disable overlay and how they rewrite that on that. So it was twice easy.

And as usuall, of course, Deniil help me with rewriting macroses, hooks and some other stuff. We still have of course some bugs here and here, and i even have non working gui part, which, i think will be easy fixed by Deniil (we think about fixing it on past week, but just was a bit busy with work and just we need some chiling anyway). So i need some days to fix some work-for-money-stuff , and then will continue.

But as command line, its already works: i can play mp3, movies, etc. I also can run mplayer binary from WB over icon, and it will spawn an asl requester to give you choice of the file (when gui is disabled).

The only one limitation which we will have with first release : no overlay support. Because overlay fully based on indeep CGX5 (morphos only) structures, and should be rewriten or on P96 (what will be a bit hard, because all the code still use CGX), or use some code which will re-direct some stuff there and there .. Or maybe just rewrite all cgx usage on p96. In other words, with overlay, some real work will need it (maybe i even will grab current aos4 version code if it have working overlay already).

But firstly i just want to see how mplayer-gui will looks like on latest mui, and if it will worth of it at all :) (but i think it will already. Because even without gui it give asl requester on running, as well as no crashes on exit because of pthreads usage).

Quote:

I really dont get why so difficult to release mui stand alone...it have some deps in the OS4.1Upd3 files?

Its matter of signed contracts and legal agreement beetwen all the partys included in. Developers can't release mui if hyperion will not give an agreement (and, as i expect before, hyperion will not do it, because its for sure better to release it in update as well, to avoid any boring problems).

Last edited by kas1e on 09-Jun-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 09-Jun-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 09-Jun-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle