Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 106 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  32 secs ago
 amigakit:  5 mins ago
 zipper:  25 mins ago
 maseghir:  26 mins ago
 gryfon:  49 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 ktadd:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
ChrisH 
Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 12:51:23
#1 ]
Elite Member

@Varthall Quote:
I have not seen the frame skipping problem you have described, unless you refer to the not-working skipping which occurs when streaming videos (video stops when trying to skip forward or backwards). For this type of errors I'd like to first update the code to the latest SVN version, to see if this fixes it.

While the problem DOES happen with streaming videos (with a resolution that is too large), it ALSO happens with local videos, so I don't think streaming is to blame. It also happens irrespective of the video codec, although higher cpu usage codecs are obviously more likely to cause a problem (as will higher resolutions). I believe that Deniil has the same problem (see his post).

FWIW, the problem seems to happen on all versions of MPlayer that I could get my hands on.

Note that if the problem was caused by a "busy" part of the video (where the CPU usage briefly reached 100%) then skipping past it allows you to continue watching it.

Last edited by ChrisH on 13-Jun-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
Fab 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 12:59:01
#1 ]

@Varthall

Quote:

I'll take a look at that pthread problem, after I finish at fixing the "configure" procedure. About the other three problems, the align problem has now been fixed, I have seen the green artifacts problem with wmv myself as well (better update the codebase first though, it might has been already fixed there), while the slowdown you mention sounds new to me, I'll see if I can replicate it.

The alignment issue is a bug in the MPlayer OS4 SDL/P96 video driver. As for the greenish effect on some wmv, it was fixed long ago in MPlayer itself (it was an issue on ppc only, AFAIR).

And regarding framedrop, there shouldn't be such issue unless the specific platform audio code is broken (video has to use some audio code to keep synchronized). But even then, if your machine is too slow, framedrop (you can either drop blitting or decoding) doesn't help a lot, especially with codecs like h264.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2NutsAboutAmiga13-Jun-2011 16:54:35
          Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2kas1e16-Jun-2011 16:15:39
              Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2samo7916-Jun-2011 16:35:02
                  Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2kas1e16-Jun-2011 16:41:27
                      Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2samo7916-Jun-2011 16:49:03
                          Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2kas1e16-Jun-2011 16:57:44
                              Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2samo7916-Jun-2011 17:06:18
                                  Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2Deniil71516-Jun-2011 22:36:16

PosterThread
Deniil715 
Posted on 16-Jun-2011 22:51:23
#1 ]
Elite Member

@Varthall

Me and ChrisH are talking about the exact same problem here. Sometimes, especially if CPU reaches 100% it seems to loose sync with the audio (looses track of a pthread perhaps??!) (or as Fab said, has faulty audio implementation) and then the video gradually slows down (probably trying to smoothly sync up with audio (which has stopped)) and after 2-3 seconds comes to a halt and not much can be done. Quitting closes the window but mplayer fails to quit.

I think I've only seen this with mpeg4 family of codecs. Doesn't seem to happen with HD videos that are WAY too slow, only with videos, like digicam H.264 clips, that are just almost fast enough. It doesn't seem to happen if you disable audio decoding completely.

I think this and the quitting issue are related. A pthreads or audio problem.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait? part 2Fab16-Jun-2011 23:14:17

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle