Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  1 min ago
 retrofaza:  22 mins ago
 matthey:  37 mins ago
 Bugala:  40 mins ago
 amigakit:  52 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 Birbo:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 utri007:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 hrs 3 mins ago
 clint:  4 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Do You Remember why?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
AmiGame 
Re: Do You Remember why?
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:06:53
#121 ]
Elite Member

@Zylesea

Quote:
Everything which belongs to Amiga should be welcome.

Agree... But we may disagree about what "belongs" to Amiga.

IMO, Amiga is : ClassicAmiga, AmigaOne, UAE/E-UAE/WinUAE.
For me, AROS, MOS, QNX, etc... Are not Amiga. They may be close... But are not Amiga ! I would call them AmigaClone, not Amigas...

I am not saying to "ban them", but to maybe create a specific section called "AmigaClones-Discussions... Like that it would be easier to avoid for people who wants to.

Jerry

- A1XE-G4 up and runing with:
512MB Ram / 200GB and 80GB HardDisks on Sii0680.
AOS4 Final Update / AmiZilla 0.1 Alpha

Profile     Report this post  
TrebleSix 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:06:59
#122 ]
Elite Member

@thread

I don't have a problem with any thread Amiga related including MorphOS, Aros, WinUAE and OS4.
Why can't you all just get on ? Divided they fall, springs to mind.

The_Editor 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:11:17
#123 ]
Elite Member

@treblesix

Might be the idea !!

cHaOs667 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:12:06
#124 ]
Cult Member

@Jerryuk007

Quote:
IMO, Amiga is : ClassicAmiga, AmigaOne, UAE/E-UAE/WinUAE.
For me, AROS, MOS, QNX, etc... Are not Amiga. They may be close... But are not Amiga ! I would call them AmigaClone, not Amigas...

Full agree with you here. They are AMIGA-like/compatible but they are not AMIGA!!

1x A600 (40MB HDD) OS2.05 (broken joyport)
1x A1200 (68030/50, 32 MB Fast RAM) OS3.1
1x A4000D 040/40 (48 MB Fast), OS3.9, Fastlane Z3, CV64, Deneb, Indi AGA
1x CD³²
1x µAOn

falemagn 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:14:03
#125 ]

@Jerryuk007

I have no problems with the site being focused on AmigaOS, indeed I never see news being posted regarding MOS, for instance, and that's fine with me. However, forums are an entirely different matter: as long as the forum's topic is respected, where's the problem?

If you want to ban any discussion involving MOS and the Pegasos in this site, please do state so clearly in the TOS, otherwise the current rules perfectly allow discussions of such topics, within the limits of the topics of the forums.

There's always the "general computing and technology" forum which can be used to talk about anything pertinent computing and technology, also MOS and the Pegasos.

** edited typos out **

Last edited by falemagn on 03-Jan-2006 at 04:10 PM.

~~ Henry Ford

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:16:10
# ]

Quote:
hatschi wrote:
@Mikey_C

Odd. I see no references anywhere that AWN is not an open Amiga forum.

Hi "hatschi",

Now I see you're playing with semantics, and you're someone who knows that the primary focus of this website is AOS4.0.

You've only been here just over a month and want to change the website's name and purpose, and yet you claim you aren't ____, the guy who CAN'T stay away from Moo?

I notice that mdma almost has NO posts in the last ~2 months over there.

Report this post  
TrebleSix 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:16:26
#127 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Off topic but your avatar looks like Garabaldi from Babylon 5

Jape 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:22:13
#128 ]

@all

/me is horrified about thought that this would be free forum at all!

That is just something that cannot work? At least i don't see that way.
I know a forum where is all forums at in one wrap, and that's just
something NOT GOOD!

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:22:34
#129 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

I fully agree. As long as everybody respect the TOS, I don't see a problem, but rather interesting discussion for all parties.

Although Mikey opened this thread as a "forum member", I find it quite confusing that the moderators have such contrasting opinions about the focus of this site.
"Open Amiga forum" vs. "Closed OS4 forum". "Tolerate civil discussion about the pros and cons of Morphos". "Prohibit MorphOS topics on this site", etc.

I don't say that all moderators should have the same opinions, but there should be at least one TOS, a common "line", which all of them interpret in a similar way.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:27:30
#130 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
okay, in that case, I would love to See MorphZone Renamed to AmigaZone and allow us to post all about AmigaOS4 etc on there too. Can you arrange that?

Yeah, because after all Amiga OS was heavely inspired in both AROS and MorphOS...

Anyhow, you asked for it, maybe you are expecting that all should be as 'tainted' as you, but then that's your problem... maybe that's because you don't accept the polls results... I too have a problem with the Moderator of the Year Poll result... so what?

ChrisH 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:28:36
#131 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

I don't have time to read this entire thread (sorry!), but I think it's right that Amigaworld.net remain OS4 *focused*, but that should not exclude related news & discussions. And trolls should still be kept on a tight leash (if not actually banned for repeated offences).

For example, the BBRV thread suggesting the Pegasos board as a possible solution to OS4's current lack-of-hardware problem is perfectly related to OS4, and last time I looked it was still relatively civil, so it should be allowed to continue - even though it began as a mostly thinly veiled marketing attempt by BBRV. But if BBRV ever steps over the line, he should know what will happen.

And Amigaworld.net does have a "Free for all" section, where non-OS4 stuff can happen if any members really feel the need.

MOS/AROS/UAE/Amithlon/OS3.x focused stuff should be kept off the site, if it does not related to OS4. But I would still like to hear about non-OS4 programs which could get ported to OS4, and same for hardware which currently lack drivers.

People can visit ANN.lu (RIP?) if they want an "everything under the sun" Amiga news site, but apparently they don't since it seems dead these days. And I hear there are sites dedicated to MorphOS news - good for them. AROS/UAE/Amithlon are small fry, and have to accept that they live in the cracks of the other Amiga news sites.

OS3.x is a bit of a dead-end these days, but perhaps it should be allowed on Amigaworld.net, simply because OS4 is directly derived from (and compatible with) it?

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:30:12
#132 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
You've only been here just over a month and want to change the website's name and purpose, and yet you claim you aren't ____, the guy who CAN'T stay away from Moo?

Will you ever stop posting these lies?

This would yet be the next post of you in violation of the TOS. Again, you are indirectly accusing me to use double IDs (mdma). STOP IT!

Moreover, I don't not want to change the websites purpose. What I did was to quote the TOS, to show what this website is about. I like Amigaworld for being what it is, an open Amiga forum. This website has a OS4-focus. I enjoy it like that. Yet, I don't see why this website can not be an "open" forum, which also takes into account different opinions, when articulated in a civil manner.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:39:57
#133 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Yeah... Linux... it has so much to do with AOS4.0, well, maybe the name...

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:45:07
#134 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Quote:

pixie wrote:
@Mikey_C

Yeah, because after all Amiga OS was heavely inspired in both AROS and MorphOS...

Anyhow, you asked for it, maybe you are expecting that all should be as 'tainted' as you, but then that's your problem... maybe that's because you don't accept the polls results... I too have a problem with the Moderator of the Year Poll result... so what?

Well, as it has already been said, the Polls can be cheated upon by anyone deleting their cookie and voting again and again.

This only applies to the forum based polls, and not the main website one.

As to moderator of the year, that's okay cos, I didn't vote for you as member of the year either, so we are even.

olegil 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:45:24
#135 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

I think your definition of "buzz-word" doesn't look anything like mine, so let's leave it at that.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

olegil 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:51:03
#136 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
This site has a focus. it is slowly being eroded with alternative evangelism, and blatent advertising. I am just trying one last time to say "Hey look, this is happening, is this what you all want?"

And I am answering "I agree that this is happening and this is not what I want from this site.".

Set up a new forum which is invitation only and requires a login to even READ, I'll come. Seriously. This crap is just too annoying.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

The_Editor 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:54:36
#137 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Am I invited ?

Shall I alter my site ?

http://3Cag.net/forum

invitation only is likey to make it a ghost town but you can see the tumbleweed blowing by anyway on my site !!

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 14:57:28
#138 ]
Elite Member

@The_Editor

Quote:
Shall I alter my site ?

Hint: Start small. You have even more forums over there than AWN has.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 15:03:29
#139 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
Well, as it has already been said, the Polls can be cheated upon by anyone deleting their cookie and voting again and again.

Then again it is your problem (as of the site), even because you started one of this polls...
Quote:
As to moderator of the year, that's okay cos, I didn't vote for you as member of the year either, so we are even.

I didn't voted on none, when I saw it was alredy ended.. but congratulations nonetheless

giga 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 15:03:56
#140 ]

@Jape
Quote:
Let's keep this professional Amiga forum, where people help each other,

This is the reason I stayed with the Amiga when financially I was being told to go for a Peg. I know the Amiga community, I like the fun it gives me, they way I can get help and provide it without needing to be some high level important guy to be heard.

@Mikey_C

No idea why I came to AmigaWorld, can't actually remember how I even discovered it. I remember the reason Amiga.org fell off the visits list was because the staff there publically insulted a friend of mine.

Long live Amiga (any flavour), quick deaths to trolls. Let's keep AmigaWorld as it was supposed to be as otherwise what's the point?

GiGa

This post was not written with a view to offending anyone. If you are offended, sorry but that's your problem
EDIT: spelling

Last edited by giga on 03-Jan-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle