Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 99 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  4 mins ago
 Bugala:  24 mins ago
 Hypex:  40 mins ago
 Birbo:  43 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 Dragster:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  4 hrs 20 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 39 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Do You Remember why?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mikey_C 
Re: Do You Remember why?
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 11:51:01
#41 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Oh dear, I find myself agreeing with you. Do you think I need help?

Profile     Report this post  
hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 11:53:06
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
I remember on Amiga.Org, ANN.Lu, and MooBunny, (Amiga.com too), constant attacks.....perpetual attacks...

Constant and perpetual attacks on Amiga.org? You must be looking at a different site! Moderation over there is hardly visible and still there is nearly no trolling or personal attacks over there.

Quote:
I am NOT a proactive troller, quite contrary to what some people imply that I am after.

So what about your personal attacks then? Your wild accusations that I am using multiple IDs and stuff like that?

Just read through the Amiga Two thread. It's a perfect example how a formerly interesting and civil thread "degraded" after users such as Atheist and Bunyip jumped in.

Last edited by hatschi on 03-Jan-2006 at 11:54 AM.

pixie 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 11:55:40
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

What sort of a moderation you should be doing? Stirring up flames on AW users, reviving past moment glories where each side couldn't see the other?? Escalate further the differences between both instead of their similarities?
Shame on you... you want it to death, you even say the pools* are manipulated, and then you talk about others...

* pools as: "Let's come on over let's take a swim by the poll"

Last edited by pixie on 03-Jan-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Last edited by pixie on 03-Jan-2006 at 12:17 PM.

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 11:58:13
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
Oh dear, I find myself agreeing with you. Do you think I need help?

If you agree on this statement from Atheist:

Quote:
I am NOT a proactive troller, quite contrary to what some people imply that I am after.

then yes, I think you need help. How often did this guy get suspended and how many abuse reports did he get?

Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:00:07
#45 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

commenting on your first post , yes i remeber all of it too good and lets just put it like this... AW was hated from day 1 by all blue and all non pro of os4...what happend? ..easy answer is..aw got big and popular because it had a certain spirit though thats gone now...

as for voicing a protest... i would get banned/restricted if i even said hello in that thread and you know it.

Jape 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:01:01
#46 ]

@pixie & All

AAaaaaaaaarrghhhh!

Please! Stop this nonsence!

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:02:56
#47 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

I never said I agree with EVERYTHING he said. His other comments were more or less spot on to me though.

In his defence I will say this.
If he were to go to MorphZone and troll there he would deserve to get a ban. If he posts on Amigaworld stuff like "MOS Sucks" etc, then he deserves to get banned. if However a thread contains anti Amiga sentiments or blatently promotes another OS in here and he reacts to it, then, well, you can't really argue with that. After all this is a Pro Amiga site.

Of course, that's how I see it, Other Amigaworld members of Staff may strongly disagree with that sentiment.

Mikey C

K0rky 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:03:24
#48 ]

@Jape

I agree with you, please calm down everyone

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:03:57
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Toaks

Not at all mate, as far as I am concerned, you have done your time, please continue to post.

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:04:10
# ]

Quote:
Mikey_C wrote:
@elwood

Apparently Polls can be manipulated, This is the only way, we can have an accurate tally, people posting what they think.

So, far it seems people agree with my sentiments, but it's early days yet, who knows, maybe there is more people who don't want this site to be Pro Amiga

Hi Mikey_C,

THEY CAN FIND A SITE THAT IS N O T pro-Amiga.

They KNOW where THEY ARE!
THEY EXIST!

Look in Google, or better yet, send a PM with a list of the "Fight Club" websites to every member when they join, and once a month, thereafter!

You'll find this strange, but I preferred it when it was possible to argue on ANN.Lu, now I don't go there because it's boring.

In fact, that's PROBABLY why they're infiltrating AmigaWorld.Net.

AND, there's NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT, THEY ARE HARRASSING [u]US!!!!!![/b]

Oh yeah, before I forget (how could I have) check out the blue troll's new tactics:
A) Their taglines
B) Their avatars
C) Their "From" listing on the left side
D) On their profile pages, they are littered with references to morphos info. It IS an all out attack on us.

I am NOT deluded, thank you very much.

(Apologies for the yelling.)

Report this post  
Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:05:33
#51 ]
Elite Member

@Chunder

its nothing to do with "to hell with them or whatever" ..its about mockery of every god damn move or trying to get a bit of the glory or whatever and ofcourse all the bloddy fud thats been ####ted all over aw the last few days...fun some might say and yes i agree its like reading amiga.org in 2002/3 more or less and well that site went down the drain and well its getting slowly back up but.....

other than that, i know a bunch of great blue guys and i talk to them as often as i can but then again there is red ones i cant stand so

so yes...i stayed away until i saw this thread which well so far has been good :)

Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:06:37
#52 ]
Elite Member

@Jape

he wont stop, he's been dooing such for a while allready :)

Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:07:40
#53 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

whats with the bold and underline stuff? .. that nerve man...protect it better

this is not the troll thread, use the force there but here stay normal ...ok?

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:07:45
#54 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Actually, This site is being manipulated. every day more and more Pegasos users join this site. I can actually see from the sign up that we have even more Pegasos/Mos users joining this site too. At this rate, MorphZone is gonna be empty, this site, will cease to be Pro AmigaOS and before you know it, I reckon someone else will start another Pro Amiga OS portal and there will be another mass exodus again.

This site has a focus. it is slowly being eroded with alternative evangelism, and blatent advertising. I am just trying one last time to say "Hey look, this is happening, is this what you all want?"

Bodie_CI5 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:08:02
#55 ]
Elite Member

As a former member of staff, I'd like to add my two cents worth. Not that I claim to speak more wisely than others have, nor do I profer to speak for this site (obviously).

I have experienced amigaworld.net from both perspectives. First, obviously, as a normal member, then as a mod and then for a short time as an admin, up until my abrupt departure not so long ago.

My decision to leave had nothing to do with my then fellow staff members nor any user or group of users, nor had it anything to do with politicking. The decision to leave was of a personal nature (which I regretted bitterly and still do).

Now some of you may or may not know three things:

a) We (my brother and I) owned the first A1 in Melbourne

b) I bought a PegII early last year

c) We sold our A1 due to financial and spatial considerations, a short time before the Bodie2 (Editor, where are you?!) departure

Without ever wanting to breach the confidentiality that my fellow staff members have held in me, I will say one thing:

The involvement of those people who are members of this site and whom we would call "blue", was for me, a welcome step. NOT because, I owned and still own a Pegasos, I could have care less about the politics, nor of what each machine and its respective OS represents. What it meant for me to have had this contribution from the "blue" side was a more exciting dialogue (NOTE: I say dialogue and not argument).

As I believed back then, and I still hold firm in this thought, MOS promotion should belong to MZ.org, but comparisons between OS4 and MOS in a constructive manner should be welcome here. We both can gain much from each other's OS in terms of implementation of new concepts, ideas etc (at least in my humble opinion).

However, as HWGA rightly states, the recent furore which has developed in the past few days has been centred on OS4 and a prospective adaption of it on the Pegasos. I see no reason why a discussion cannot be put forth on this issue, even if there is no "light at the end of the tunnel" as it were.

Speculating is something that Amigans have always revelled in, speculating, not FUD.

As regards the trolling, please permit me to say, that to a greater or lesser extent, both sides have been guilty. I too have had a couple of times engaged in some token trolling on other sites, so I don't claim to be righteous or aloof in any sense.

No matter how many threads such as this are initiated (I am not decrying or throwing scorn here) things will not change. The wise will be wise, and the idiots (on-line personas), well, they'll carry on as such. That 25 page thread begun by bbrv was interesting for many pages, until a few people hijacked it and threw their weight around.

I believe the site should remain (and it always will no matter what we say) OS4 oriented, but if normal, sane discussion of MOS (its characteristics, comparisons etc) or OS4 on Peg is begun and there is no baiting, I see no problem whatsoever. By its nature, the forum is a place wherein ideas are expounded and dialogue is exchanged. The site is functioning well. Trolling as it pertains to the TOS strictures, should be adhered to by us normal members and there will be no further problems, nor the need for such threads be needed again.

Quote:

HWGA wrote:

If so, I may as well resign right now, because I'm typing this from my PC, and there is not an OS4 machine in sight in my house.

No, not again! I too am on a PeeCee

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:08:19
#56 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
if However a thread contains anti Amiga sentiments or blatently promotes another OS in here and he reacts to it, then, well, you can't really argue with that. After all this is a Pro Amiga site.

How often do I have to repeat myself? My concern was not about him posting against bbrv, MOS, or anything like that. It was a personal attack which had NOTHING to do with anything red or blueish.
I do not understand why you constantly try to reduce everything to this Red-and-Blue, Pro-Amiga and Against-Amiga thing.

Barana 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:11:06
#57 ]
Cult Member

@Mikey_C

Yes I am disturbed with the MOS/peg retoric and BS thats is going on ATM.
Has it not died down in the Past?
Or has something gotta be done?
Will meanly telling them to P.O. do anything?
-Daz

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

hatschi 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:14:47
#58 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

Quote:
Actually, This site is being manipulated. every day more and more Pegasos users join this site.

What? If I own both platforms, or if I own a Pegasos and join this site in order to exchange views with fellow Amiga users I am manipulating this site?

I think if you have something well thought-out to say with this statement, you should probably rephrase it, because this statement is easily misunderstood.

Last edited by hatschi on 03-Jan-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:15:41
#59 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

We are looking into his claims that you are nicholas. If you are not, then, I will remove his post entirely

If however you are nicholas then you should remember that Nicholas was given a lifetime ban from this site, coming on here with another ID will just get you banned again.

However, I am always eager to believe innocent until proven guilty

Toaks 
Posted on 3-Jan-2006 12:17:32
#60 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

repeat yourself till u belive it , if u allready do...then you have succesfully done something in life that many try to stay away from

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle