Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 Karlos:  3 hrs 2 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 Rassilon:  3 hrs 16 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 28 mins ago
 Ratta:  3 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
Canfod 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:11:54
#61 ]

@thread

Think what you will about Adam's lack of product, and/or proof of product over that last several months, but just keep in mind(ESPECIALLY for those that haven't experienced it) that when someone you're close to is sick for an extended period of time, and then dies, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, comes in 2nd place on your priority list. Even after the person in question has died, it can take a LONG time to really give a $hit about much of anything, so even if you don't like Adam's timetable for product release, and for that matter, even if Adam NEVER releases any product, cut the man some slack about his personal life!!!

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:14:06
#62 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@glittering

Quote:
His father died a short time after that illness (whatever it was).

I don't believe for one minute his father was really ill and i certainly do not believe he is deceased, Adam must be one pretty sick individual to use those type of excuses to get out of providing proof. Those excuses where so perfectly timed that they look well iffy..

Would you like to see the death certificate you sick fsck? I hope you suffer miserably before you die. Better yet...I hope one of your close family members suffers in agony for months on end. Might give you some perspective of what I went through.

Adam

Why would you wish pain on someone you don't know, for all you know glittering is the black sheep of his family. You know nothing about members of his family. And people who have legitmately gone through such pain usually, in my experience anyway, learn from it that they would not even wish it on their worst enemy. People can react differently of course, and a moment of anger may be to blame here, which happens to all if us, but either way your wishing of pain and suffering on someone you don't know, for all you know a very good kind and kind person, well, its just pretty horrible. I hope you would consider at least not wishing this on someone other than glittering himself, at the least.

Amiga 1200

Seer 
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:17:22
#63 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

Well said.

Ok folks back to the topic, or handle it in a PM if you really must. Tho I'm not sure if there's still anything to be said about it.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:20:03
#64 ]
Team Member

@Canfod

I think the outstanding question is being asked, can you please show us some proof of prior or current efforts as they were described. At this point, why would it be hard to do that, especially after all the recent announcements, I think is the question. To simply ask for that does at this point in time is not meant as any sort of attack on past events in his personal life.

Amiga 1200

glittering 
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:34:14
#65 ]

@Canfod

Come on, be serious. Just look at the guys history, it is not like we are asking him to give away one of his kidneys. All we ask is for proof that items do actually exist, not sure why he (and his supporters) are so offended by that!. As for his personal life, i personally would not have mentioned his father if no one would have used it in his defence.

He now has sympathisers, so he has won for now.

Swoop 
Posted on 16-Jun-2007 23:39:19
#66 ]
Elite Member

@thread

If Hyperion could not get Ainc to license any boards during their 18 months pre-litigation discussions, why would ACK controls be able to.

The lack of licensed hardware is not Adams fault, it is the on going legal action.
As far as the cpu modules/upgrades there also could be several reasons why these were not produced, which may or may not be related to the same legal action.

It is too easy to mis-interpret a persons words in a text medium, such as these forums. Facial expressions, and the way the voice is used is part of every spoken language on earth. You cannot easily put these into a text based conversation.

Different people have different levels of understanding the english language, even between native english speakers, so it is not surprising that people readmore into some posts than is actually meant, or was actually said. There are people on here that are far more eloquent, and have a wider vocabulary than me, and I have been an englishman all my life, so its not surprising people post in an emotive manor unintentially. To further complicate matters, the anonimity of the forums means some people tend to react and say things on an internet forum that they would not say face to face.

I would say that if you have purchased a product from Adam, and He has not delivered then you have a right to complain. If you have not parted with any hard earned money what have you got to complain about. Life is too short.
If anyone can do better then do it, else wait for somebody else to do it. At least Adam is putting himself in the firing line with what he is trying to do, I dont see anybody else stepping up to the plate. Adam does not have the resources of three to back him up, and I dont know what financial comittment he has to make to get his projects to the market, but I know I would be very reticent to commit my own money to any project for a market as small as the Amiga market is, or will be.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

ssolie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 0:37:33
#67 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback
Quote:
Why would you wish pain on someone you don't know...

Bill McEwen's daughter died and some of our community toyed with necrophilia. Death threats have been received by many developers--I have been threatened myself. There is no limit with a bunch of anonymous virtual personalities. Enjoy.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 0:54:44
#68 ]
Team Member

@Swoop

Quote:
At least Adam is putting himself in the firing line with what he is trying to do, I dont see anybody else stepping up to the plate.

The question is what is he trying to do exactly. He made most of these bold announcements after the lawsuit began. And they are bold. He has been asked simple questions, for which the answers have no bearing on the lawsuit (hence again why all the announcements with related promises proceeded anyway). The man should take some responsibility IMHO.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 1:00:34
#69 ]
Team Member

@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@fairlanefastback
Quote:
Why would you wish pain on someone you don't know...

Bill McEwen's daughter died and some of our community toyed with necrophilia. Death threats have been received by many developers--I have been threatened myself. There is no limit with a bunch of anonymous virtual personalities. Enjoy.

I would suppose someone could just as easily throw out there that there also seems to be no limit to the promises from a seeming virtual vendor I would suppose. Many just want this disproven, for if it is new boards may actually be made. To question him is not to hope for him to fail. Indeed I want him to succeed. This topic should not be twisted into something it is not.

Amiga 1200

Canfod 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 1:24:20
#70 ]

@those that replied @Canfod:

Maybe I should clarify a bit.... I'm totally with you on Adam's lousy track record of announcements, i.e. there's been ABSOLUTELY NOTHING shown so far, BUT I was merely pointing out how I can easily see that happening, based on personal experience.

OTOH, Adam is rather selective about which items he replies to on here - he's been back on here every once in a while lately, and rarely answers any of the direct questions about his announced products. I should think that if his announced products were in fact real, it'd be relatively easy to simply say something along the lines of, "due to the on-going Hyperion/Amiga lawsuit, my products are currently on hold, pending the outcome".... if in fact that's the case.

As for glittering, maybe put a bit more thought into your posts before you hit the Submit button, because that bit about his father was tacky, to say the least. As for your last statement, sure I sympathize about his father, but he hasn't "won" anything here, except a bit of well placed sympathy, because the lack of currently available Amiga products annoys me along with everybody else around here.

ronaldst 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 1:42:16
#71 ]

@glittering

He didn't won anything.

I don't believe him.

All beer tastes bad.

Moxee 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 4:44:59
#72 ]
Team Member

@glittering

Quote:

glittering wrote:
@Canfod

Come on, be serious.

Canfod is being serious! My father died in August 1999. He was an auto mechanic. I had just finished overhauling the engine and tranny on my MG. My father was a constant source of information throughout the project even at his advanced age. I left my father's house and drove the car down the Pacific coast to Sacramento for AmiWest '99. When I arrived I received a message that my father was in the hospital. I hurried back to Washington and was able to see him before he died. His death came suddenly and I tell you that this effected me greatly. I placed that car up on blocks, under a cover, in a garage, and it has not been driven since early August 1999. I also completely dropped out of my car club. I lost all interest in autos because my pal was gone. This August it will be 8 years since we worked on that car. I think I am finally ready to remove those blocks out from under the car. I've finally accepted my father's departure.

Quote:

Just look at the guys history, it is not like we are asking him to give away one of his kidneys. All we ask is for proof that items do actually exist, not sure why he (and his supporters) are so offended by that!.

What people are offended by are rude comments and demands. You could ask the same questions in a different polite manner.

Quote:

As for his personal life, i personally would not have mentioned his father if no one would have used it in his defence.

A polite person still would not have mentioned it. You have to get a grip and understand what kind of impression you are making.

Quote:

He now has sympathisers, so he has won for now.

Adam has not won anything. This is not a contest. The reason people are speaking up for Adam is because of the way you are treating him. You need to reread your posts over a couple of times before you submit them.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Canfod 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 5:32:29
#73 ]

@Moxee

Wow, obviously your dear ol' Daddy's passing hit ya hard!!! Don't know ya AT ALL, but I feel your pain.... been there, done that.

Kudos to you for gettin' back to your car.... think of it this way - your father would no doubt rather have you driving what you both obviously cared about and worked on together, instead of letting it sit.

Last edited by Canfod on 17-Jun-2007 at 05:35 AM.

tonyw 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 5:53:34
#74 ]
Elite Member

@Canfod

It DOES hit you hard, no matter how "prepared" you are. Teenagers generally haven't experienced the death of a close relative, and learning to deal with it is part of learning maturity.

It clearly hasn't happened to "glittering" yet.

Hyperion Support Forum: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php

ne_one 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 5:55:26
#75 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I would suppose someone could just as easily throw out there that there also seems to be no limit to the promises from a seeming virtual vendor I would suppose

Caveat emptor.

I live in the same area as Adam. If he wants to substantiate any of the announced hardware he can extend an invitation and I'll glady act as everyone's eyes and ears.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 6:06:12
#76 ]

Moxee said:
Quote:
What people are offended by are rude comments and demands. You could ask the same questions in a different polite manner.

Got to side with Moxee here. What ever Adam's failings are, suggesting he's faked his own father's death as an excuse steps over the line. I'd say it was a cheap shot just to draw out a comment actually. And oh my, several seemed taken aback when the reply was angry. Pa-leeese.

Quote:
He now has sympathisers, so he has won for now

Won what exactly? All the adoring fans in Amigaland? Yah, sure.

Plaz

ne_one 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 6:12:42
#77 ]
Cult Member

@tonyw

Quote:
It DOES hit you hard, no matter how "prepared" you are

Granted. It's encouraging to see that many people are compassionate towards others in difficult times. But legitimate businesses have contingencies in place to protect their investments and to minimize liabilities.

This market has been plagued by a 7-year history of broken promises, vaporware and questionable business tactics. None of this can lessened by the gravity of personal issues that we all face on a regular basis.

Life for many of these players moves on, but the same broken record keeps playing over and over again. And the biggest tragedy is that it encourages some people to cling to the hope that one day all of this silliness will end and all we be good again.

FFB is bang on. People are willing to make exceptions in this community despite all of the folly. And yet I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the same people wouldn't tolerate a 14-year-old messing up their order at a drive-thru.

sundown 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 6:35:20
#78 ]
Elite Member

@ne_one

If only it was that simple, but they they would call you a liar as well.

@all

There are some ugly ppl in these forums that think someone else owes them what they want. For the record, Adam did work for Eyetech, he did test & send me my micro, thank you. In my book, that makes glittering & the othe name callers the liars.

Wizzard_o 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 8:28:50
#79 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

@Pisser and Moaners

LETS SEE YOU DO BETTER!
Go on, YOU dip into your pockets and fund a PCB development on your own!

I'm still greatful he's still with us, despite all this crap he gets from the so-called "community"

@AW.NET ADMINS

This sites going down the ####er, please do something about it!

Wizz.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 8:33:17
#80 ]
Team Member

@Plaz

Quote:
Got to side with Moxee here. What ever Adam's failings are, suggesting he's faked his own father's death as an excuse steps over the line. I'd say it was a cheap shot just to draw out a comment actually. And oh my, several seemed taken aback when the reply was angry. Pa-leeese.

I must say the psychology of our community is amazing. Adam showed similar anger in another recent thread on here. He is a vendor hawking a product, promising two new products on radical timelines during a volatile lawsuit. His behavior only increases the chances that what the naysayers say are true IMHO. Where is his professionalism? Its an unfortunate tangent we have here on this thread. Now to proceed with any real world questions as a consumer is it to be labeled in bad taste? You would ask other companies in the "real world" tough questions if they kept promising and failing you. But there has been a soap opera for so many years now in "Amigaland" that it seems many people have forgotten the basic tenants of the customer - company relationship. I don't know when someone at Acube is having a personal crisis, nor should I typically Just like I don't know that about anyone at any number of other businesses I would deal with in the normal course of my life on average from day to day. The questions out there from consumers in the community are legitimate, fighting for answers from ACK Software Controls the company is a valid cause. So again, I will ask, why at this juncture, at this point in time, he can not show us some simple things to show that at least a prior project like the powervixxen was legimately undertaken. All we have is a well documented timeline from hatshci that appears to speak against the likelihood he is legit and the the word of Jens that also seems to back that up that contention. And if he shows us a Powervixxen board photo, or a pdf of the intended manual for instance then the question is allayed. And if thats the case we can all feel better about putting money in our piggy banks for one of the two new ACK machines.

Amiga 1200

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle