Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 142 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  8 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  44 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 michalsc:  3 hrs 46 mins ago
 Ratta:  4 hrs 14 mins ago
 Dragster:  4 hrs 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  amiga inc updated. AA2 !!! and os 5.0
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
SpaceDruid 
Re: amiga inc updated. AA2 !!! and os 5.0
Posted on 11-Feb-2008 20:13:52
#221 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Quote:
It stands to reason people owed cash are not the most impartial people when talking about working conditions and promises made.

Screw court findings right?

No, that is not what I said. And since most of the court findings are default judgements because nobody from Amiga came to defend themselves, then what exactly does that prove?

It proves only one side of the story was taken into consideration.

Anyway, I came back into this thread because I said you had made certain postings in this thread, but then I realised you said them in another thread, just that we were discussing the same thing (because we always discuss the same thing. Its why I'm not bothering to discuss them further here).

Quote:

Please use the report button against my post(s) and follow it up with a message to the mods then if this is really what you are seeing.

No, because I'm think skined and everytime you do it, it lowers your credibility so I'm happy for you to get emotional.

Quote:

I remember a post in particular you made to me once that was very personally off-base. I brought it to the mods as it was quite disturbing on its face value. I was assured it was likely meant as a joke by you, and I then at that point treated it as such, especially after you modified the text later.

Aye, that was a case of mistaken context. An accident as it were. Where you post things about my character (And Samface - He was the one that raised the subject in that other thread), there is no room for mistaken context.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm pointing it out to you in relation to the point I made earlier. That you aren't as open minded (About Amiga Inc) as you think you are. Or at least, that is the impression from going through an archive of your postings to this website.

Quote:

I don't see any place I've attacked your character. If you are reading that in my writing style I apologize, as its certainly not intended.

"jeez man., what a ridiculous apologist for evil you are."

How am I meant to take that?

Like I said, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I only bring it to light to show you that you are strongly emotionaly involved in your postings.

Quote:

Quote:
I'm aware of the many things you have said. You say them about a hundred times a week on as many posts as you can.

If you think a post count limit is in order please take it up with the mods. Last I checked plenty of people have a higher post count than me. Not that a high post count should be something to bash someone over. If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

Well I don't for the most part. I only point this out because you make the claim that you are open minded and willing for Amiga Inc to be succesful, the evidence of your posting and the content within contradict this claim.

Post as much as you want, that isn't my complaint. Just understand that the quantity (of which most are about the same subject - bashing Amiga Inc) tells more about your beliefs than words do.

And to emphasise why this is important. It affects your judgement.

Quote:

I've greatly stayed out of the court threads for a while now for that exact reason myself, being tired of the posts in general in such threads.

Yeah and just how we can predict tigger will be in these, we can predict you will be in any that discuss Bolton Peck or overdue wages. Despite this being several years old.

My point about this is nobody can bring new insight into the conversation as nothing has changed in years. You might as well start arguing about the steel plating on the Titanic being too brittle.

So if we, you, anybody does talk about it, its just swings and roundabouts all over again. Nothing is gained except bad tempers or boredom. That is why I try to avoid getting involved in them (Not always succesfuly).

And of course, the tired subjects are not just limited to those two. Pretty much everything has been discussed to death.

Quote:

Quote:
Wither you know it or not my little emotional friend, you hate Amiga Inc with a passion.

I'm not sure how to read this as anything but meant to be insulting and demeaning. I don't remember ever giving you such treatment, calling you names. Frankly I have enough respect for your differing viewpoint and what I have percieved in the past as your general thoughtfulness that I will hope you wrote this in the heat of the moment and can leave things at agreeing to disagree.

No, no heat of the moment. I'm quite relaxed today after a fantastic weekend. I always try to avoid posting if I'm stressed. I certainly didn't mean it as insulting. Had I said it to you in person, you would have perhaps understood the context better.

Think two people in deckchairs, sipping cool drinks as a fantastic sunset faces us and we are as chilled out as surfers who have discovered a secret stash of marijuana flavoured beer (or should that be beer flavoured marijuana?)

Well I put it to you that when you say "Yeah, hopefuly" when I say something positive about the future of Amiga Inc and you cant shoot it down , you probably really think you mean it. However, the evidence of your posting suggests the opposite. Maybe you don't realise the size of the grudge you have against Amiga Inc?

If you don't have this grudge, then ask yourself why you commit so much time posting on these forums with the subjects you post? Its not as if there is a lack of people willing to do so on your behalf or that the subject are not fully explored.

Quote:

what I have percieved in the past as your general thoughtfulness

Its still there. I make this observation after many months of watching you post. If you truely do think I'm capable of putting effort into my thoughts, then please take on board the things I've said in that context. I don't intend them as flamebait.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 11-Feb-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Google Translate

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 11-Feb-2008 21:28:10
#222 ]
Team Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
And since most of the court findings are default judgements because nobody from Amiga came to defend themselves, then what exactly does that prove?

Ok lets just address then the "most" that where default judgements as you say. It shows a lack of responsibility and a default acceptance of the possible consequences. Thats likely to affect people's assesment of them.

Quote:

Given the multiple instances, that would be stories in the plural, not a story in the singular. Its the common theme and accumulation of events that helps to form many of the opinions out there. I don't find that surprising. And since many of these people went through the coupon thing first hand, personally, its really not surprising.

Quote:
Post as much as you want, that isn't my complaint. Just understand that the quantity (of which most are about the same subject - bashing Amiga Inc) tells more about your beliefs than words do.

Well thanks for your opinion on that.

Quote:
That is why I try to avoid getting involved in them (Not always succesfuly).

Well then I don't see why you feel as if you have a right to criticize my involvement in them. Perhaps this can be your 2009 New Years resolution then to try harder to avoid them?

Quote:
Had I said it to you in person, you would have perhaps understood the context better.

Funny, you don't afford the same benefit of the doubt to me that I already did to you though.

Quote:
My point about this is nobody can bring new insight into the conversation as nothing has changed in years.

And yet this thread is filled with posts from plenty of people besides me and plenty by you yourself. Yet you single me out. If you want these threads not to occur you need to get DaveyD to agree that they are not open for discussion. I did not make this thread. Nor did I make the other thread with the poll about paying former employees. Is not the best way to let these threads die otherwise if you can't get DaveyD to ban them (not saying you want that) is to let them whither from not participating? It takes two to tango as they say.

Quote:
And of course, the tired subjects are not just limited to those two. Pretty much everything has been discussed to death.

So make posts on your latest Amiga adventures then, or your favorite personal Amiga moments. Lead by example then if you want to be pointing the finger so. I posted when I built my Efika.

Quote:
If you don't have this grudge, then ask yourself why you commit so much time posting on these forums with the subjects you post? Its not as if there is a lack of people willing to do so on your behalf or that the subject are not fully explored.

Why do you take so much time reading them and responding to them then? There are plenty of people who specifically accuse Amiga of wrongdoing, they call them Scamiga, they call them con-artists, they call them worse names, they talk with complete certainty to this, (heck I have even seen implications of harm to them here from some). I don't do that. I in fact greatly defended Fleecy over what I percieved to be name calling of him by another member here. Several times in fact. Yet I'm the person you are having an issue with. I find that interesting. Because my IMHO personal conclusions and surmising stray far from yours, so what?

Quote:
Well I put it to you that when you say "Yeah, hopefuly" when I say something positive about the future of Amiga Inc and you cant shoot it down , you probably really think you mean it. However, the evidence of your posting suggests the opposite

How is that exactly? I promised to be one of the first to buy an ACK Amiga, even with no bloody OS if it came out on time. I did the same with the Efika with Bill Buck when I challenged his firm on its record on a different issue here. I still own a peice of hardware I can't run MorphOS on from that. I put my money where my mouth is.

Quote:
"jeez man., what a ridiculous apologist for evil you are."

How am I meant to take that?

I actually further posted the definitions of what I meant in regard to "evil", such as causing harm to someone, from a simple online dictionary. And your post was in the context (as I read it) of defending ridculously foul hurtful behavior as it had been reported. I've read your posts for quite some time as well, and your beflief in Fleecy's sincerity for the technology has seemed to greatly influence you in interpretting whatever Amiga, the company does. You always seek out any excuse you can for the scenario in their favor, to an extreme. Which is why someone else here spoke of the rose colored glasses you wear. You've spoke of your faith in what they must be working on and it finally coming. No one can know what has happened in each instance of their dealings going bad with someone, some company, some newspaper, or some city government. Yet you excuse away all points of concern for all the times its happened. This seems far from neutral or rational, and the reason why so many people have bad opnions is probably because they have seen so many reported instances of issues out there. Which is why I have offered up plenty of constructive ideas on simple things they could do to address that perception and make it better. (If I really had a grudge, why would I bother with that). Your answer is they don't want to bother. So why should you be their white knight then? You only help extend these threads making the problem you percieve in the first place worse.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 11-Feb-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Amiga 1200

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 10:45:20
#223 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Quote:
And since most of the court findings are default judgements because nobody from Amiga came to defend themselves, then what exactly does that prove?

Ok lets just address then the "most" that where default judgements as you say. It shows a lack of responsibility and a default acceptance of the possible consequences. Thats likely to affect people's assesment of them.

Yes it does. However I wonder if McBill thought the company was going under regardless and essentialy gave up on things. He had just had a family tragedy while this was all going on as well.

Remember at the time, one minute 20 year olds were getting millions to run dot-coms and rent huge offices and large staffs with great bonuses then then suddenly nobody wanted to invest a dime. Amiga gets its office (and all its contents) ceased. Staff are all laid off or asked to work on the never-never and gradualy bit by bit, the empire crumbles.

Quote:

Quote:

Given the multiple instances, that would be stories in the plural, not a story in the singular.

Its multiple instances because Amiga hired multiple people who all got hit with wages deficit at the same time. It is no more damning than that.

I have sympathy for those people, but I also think they all share in the blame since they were willing to work for no wages, for a company that looked for a long time like it wasn't going to recover. Whichever way you look at it, it was a major gamble and they lost. Its tragic, but so is watching poor people spending all their spare cash on lottery tickets when they could find new wealth by sticking that spare cash in a bank instead.

If half the stories about life inside McAmiga are true, then I have to ask myself why on earth were they still working there? It certainly wasn't for the love.

Oh damn it to hell.. You've got me talking about this again.

Quote:

Well then I don't see why you feel as if you have a right to criticize my involvement in them. Perhaps this can be your 2009 New Years resolution then to try harder to avoid them?

You are not getting my point. I am not criticising your involvement, I'm mentioning it because you are trying to paint a picture of yourself as an open-minded third party that will support Amiga Inc if they get their act together and I am trying to point out that your posting record does not support that view.

That is all.

Quote:

Quote:
Had I said it to you in person, you would have perhaps understood the context better.

Funny, you don't afford the same benefit of the doubt to me that I already did to you though.

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt for months now. I'm no longer prepared to do that regarding your stance on Amiga Inc based on what I have said on this thread.

For me to give the benefit of doubt, I have to have doubt. If you post something about me that leaves the interpritation in doubt, I'll give you it. But when you say something about my character plainly, I give no benefit.

I've been online since the mid 80's. I think I'm getting the hang of this format by now.

Quote:

Quote:
My point about this is nobody can bring new insight into the conversation as nothing has changed in years.

And yet this thread is filled with posts from plenty of people besides me and plenty by you yourself. Yet you single me out.

Yes, because its is entirely relevant to what I am saying about you (not others) in this thread.

Quote:

If you want these threads not to occur you need to get DaveyD to agree that they are not open for discussion.

There would be very little activity on these forums if we all didn't dance our endless twisting dissection of every minute tired old detail. Thats all we have to talk about until the next sweet sweet morsel is fed to our hungry beaks from above.

Look, what I am saying about the threads is that I am not generaly interested in them because they don't tell me anything new. Occasionaly I'll dip into some to see if the same subject is being repeated or if its changed. That I have no interest is of no importance, obviously many people (including yourself) do.

I raise the subject in this thread however because you have made claims about yourself that if taken solo could be perfectly correct and true. If taken in context with the posts as a whole then the conclusion is the opposite.

That is my only point and my only bone of contension.

Quote:

So make posts on your latest Amiga adventures then, or your favorite personal Amiga moments. Lead by example then if you want to be pointing the finger so. I posted when I built my Efika.

I tried, I tried, but nobody was interested when I told you all that my favourite leather gloves were filled with fine grain sand by a practical joker over the holidays

Quote:

You always seek out any excuse you can for the scenario in their favor, to an extreme. Which is why someone else here spoke of the rose colored glasses you wear.

Excuses? I'm offering alternitive theories to the negitive ones that are spread around the forums like facts. Not all of them are likely to be true, just like not all of the negitive ones are.

You take your pick and hopefuly find the truth somewhere in the middle.

I don't consider anything I've said to be extreme. I've had plenty experience living in the world of backstabbing business tactics and morals so low even Lucifer rejects them. I know what people can do in extreme situations and I understand the motives.

When the time came for me to get wrapped up in them I choose the path of FREEDOM!! (in my best Mel Gibson scottish accent) and got out Dodge.

When I look at McBill, I don't see the evil monster some people paint him as. Yes, he's sunk low on occasions, but I've seen rivals sink lower. Yes hes imployed dirty tactics to stay afloat, but I've seen others much worse.

Smithy mentioned Ralph Schmidt earlier in this thread. He was probably the first introduction to most Amigans on how low people will sink in this industry. He wanted control over a marketplace and tried to force it his way. He failed, but left mud splattered on Amiga. Then the next usurper tried to make Amiga his through mud slinging and more stuck, then more and more.

Now its got to the point where all people see is mud.

Anyone daring to try to clean some of that mud off gets covered by it too.

I have no financial reason for Amiga to fail or suceed. That is not true of everyone on these forums though is it? Just how many of the mud throwers out there on the forums at large stand to gain should Amiga fail? And more importantly, just how many people on these forums will have a harder time if Amiga is succesful?

There are some pretty substantial financial reasons why people don't want Amiga Inc to recover its reputation. I wouldn't want to find out afterwards I'd been played by them in my actions on these forums. Neither I expect would you.

Can you be sure though?

Like I said, stick to facts and you'll be fine.

Anywho. I'm outta here (again).
Merry tommorow everypeeps!

Google Translate

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 11:23:22
#224 ]
Elite Member

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Dandy

Have You the official design for OS4.0?

PDF#5, Exhibit A

Scroll down to "Exhibit A", then scroll further down to page 19 (of 27) - there you'll find the chapter "Design Goals of OS 4"...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 11:40:21
#225 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:

Kronos wrote:
@Dandy

Doesn't matter, Hyperion agreed to a contract stating these as minimal and that the final product could be bought back for 25000$.

Yeah - but my question was "Did they (KMOS/AInc(D)) pay for OS 4.0 development?"

(I know they (AMINO/AInc(W)) could buy in/out/back/forth as per the 2001 contract)

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 11:48:03
#226 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

I just want to say, I have many private messages to my account here from members of this website who agree with my posts about the Amiga situation (to varying levels), that don't wish to post in public because of the tongue lashing they will get from the vocal minority.

Even if all agree,
there's no guarantee
that all are right...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 11:54:24
#227 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

but the combination of circumstances and facts known to us

All that is KNOWN, is that Amiga pulled out of a deal citing reasons I've already given.

And - did you ask AInc as well for a proof of the reasons they cited, as you demand it for the claims of their former employees?

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 12:01:24
#228 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

paint a rather negative picture for many people.

The pictures painted in you mind, are painted BY your mind. Nothing factual proves Amigas reasons wrong.

I do not give a damn about their reasons, but its a fact that all they released in the course of the last ten years mostly was hot air...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 12:19:11
#229 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
@fairlanefastback

That is called double standards.

You may call it as you like - that's the way it is now.

I'm afraid that if you want to convince the "Amiga-victim" party that they aren't Amigas victims at all, you'll have to do it their way - not yours...

Easy as that.

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

I have read MANY posts from people saying just that.

As I already wrote:
Even if all say the same they're not necessarily right...

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

Quote:

I have stated that I view Hyperion as the lesser of two evils in their actions, ...

Hmmm - it was just this morning when I watched the video for the 25th anniversary of the C64, where Commodore founder Jack tramiel said that in business you have to act like you are at war...

Dandy

samface 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 12:49:10
#230 ]

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@Kronos

Quote:

Kronos wrote:
@Dandy

Doesn't matter, Hyperion agreed to a contract stating these as minimal and that the final product could be bought back for 25000$.

Yeah - but my question was "Did they (KMOS/AInc(D)) pay for OS 4.0 development?"

(I know they (AMINO/AInc(W)) could buy in/out/back/forth as per the 2001 contract)

Did/does not Hyperion recieve the profit from AmigaOS4 sales? Not even Amiga Inc. are stupid enough to pay for the development AND let Hyperion recieve the profit from sales. Considering that they get $25,000 (and then some by the looks of it in the court documents) in addition to the profit from AmigaOS4 sales, it's a quite sweet deal for Hyperion.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

samface 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 12:51:04
#231 ]

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

I just want to say, I have many private messages to my account here from members of this website who agree with my posts about the Amiga situation (to varying levels), that don't wish to post in public because of the tongue lashing they will get from the vocal minority.

Even if all agree,
there's no guarantee
that all are right...

Of course not. This isn't about having everyone agree, this is about refraining from so much speculation and sticking with what we actually know.

samface 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 12:58:23
#232 ]

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:

And - did you ask AInc as well for a proof of the reasons they cited, as you demand it for the claims of their former employees?

Now you are proving his point too. To believe Bolton Peck's claims, you don't seem to need any evidence besides a court ruling with a default judgement where evidently just one side of the story was ruled upon. A few days ago, I posted links to statements from other Amiga Inc. employees such as Gary Peake and Ray A. Akey which painted a completely different picture. Which proof do you have that they would be lying and Bolton Peck is speaking the truth?

To make the assessment that we don't know the truth, no evidence is required. In fact, it's absence is required.

Last edited by samface on 12-Feb-2008 at 12:59 PM.

samface 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 13:01:21
#233 ]

@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
I do not give a damn about their reasons, but its a fact that all they released in the course of the last ten years mostly was hot air...

This just goes to show your inability to reason on the matter.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 22:40:15
#234 ]
Team Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
Its multiple instances because Amiga hired multiple people who all got hit with wages deficit at the same time. It is no more damning than that.

So you are saying the former employee Peck and former employee Hare problems occured at the same time? I know you claim to be a multi-trillion year old space traveler in your musings and perhaps a few Earth years difference is hard for you to notice, but us earthlings need to deal in earth years.

Quote:
However I wonder if McBill thought the company was going under regardless and essentialy gave up on things.

Well thats a theory. Regardless I covered that already in my point of it showing a bad lack of responsibility at the least. Reason enough to be unhappy with their handling of such things.

Quote:
Amiga gets its office (and all its contents) ceased. Staff are all laid off or asked to work on the never-never and gradualy bit by bit, the empire crumbles.

Unless you have seen their books you don't know what happened. Its about whose reputations you trust more, the workers and customers who claimed issues *over time*, or Bill.

Quote:
I'm offering alternitive theories to the negitive ones that are spread around the forums like facts.

The negative theories have known basis in facts, of court judgements, the coupon issue (unless you believe the mass of people involved in that were all lying), that the Kent deal fell through, that the greater tech media laughed at the "much better than OS X" talk, that the ACK machines never came, etc. Now whether Bill is the unluckiest but honest guy in the world or not is not really the point. The bad things that have occured seem to be enough for people to be unhappy, along with the bad communication from Amiga surrounding these failings. As I pointed out before, if you want to lecture people why don't you start with people who call Amiga, Scamiga, the people who call them con-men etc. I don't say such things. If you want respect for your theories you should try to respect the theories of others.

Quote:
When I look at McBill, I don't see the evil monster some people paint him as. Yes, he's sunk low on occasions, but I've seen rivals sink lower. Yes hes imployed dirty tactics to stay afloat, but I've seen others much worse.

Yes you displayed your personal issues with Bill Buck already right here. Defending someone who you say has "sunk low" and who employs "dirty tactics" but not as low or as dirty as someone you dislike, (perhaps like Mr. Buck) isn't saying much now is it? If Bill M. is all these things by your estimation why do you want him as President (or Acting President, depending on vary reports)? Especially if you want us to treat the "new" Amiga differently than the "old" Amiga?

Quote:
I have no financial reason for Amiga to fail or suceed. That is not true of everyone on these forums though is it? Just how many of the mud throwers out there on the forums at large stand to gain should Amiga fail? And more importantly, just how many people on these forums will have a harder time if Amiga is succesful?

What exactly does this have to do with your issues with me? You keep saying I hate Amiga and want them to fail. And yet I'd buy an ACK Amiga as I said. Tell me where to get one that was promised for release in Summer 2007 and I'll buy the thing right now. I even offered to leave the money in trust to Amigaworld at the time of that long ACK thread. Why would I want a platform I'd be willing to buy to fail? Riddle me that Batman.

As for others who have something to gain, there isn't much to gain. The brand has only become more and more ancient with time with not much good to read about out there for years and years. As a point of comparison look at the share price of Commodore, its a penny stock. The companies that may want Amiga here in the community want it for nostalgia and bragging rights by my estimation, and they aren't likely to pay much for it.

As for your point on success of Amiga and it hurting "the competition" as it were. You keep telling us AA2 and AA are not for our market. If thats true how does it hurt Efika sales for people hoping for MOS? Especially when thats not even the Genesi core business? How does it hurt the makers of SAM for OS4, when SAM's primary audience is the embedded market. How does it hurt DiscreetFX when their Oil Change movie is no more real to us that Amiga OS5, and its about fatty foods? And as for Hyperion, they don't post.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Feb-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Feb-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Feb-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Feb-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Feb-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 22:52:49
#235 ]
Team Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:
@Dandy

Now you are proving his point too. To believe Bolton Peck's claims, you don't seem to need any evidence besides a court ruling with a default judgement where evidently just one side of the story was ruled upon. A few days ago, I posted links to statements from other Amiga Inc. employees such as Gary Peake and Ray A. Akey which painted a completely different picture. Which proof do you have that they would be lying and Bolton Peck is speaking the truth?

And whose fault was it that only one side of the story was fully addressed?

Whose fault is it that that side has ignored the court order after the ruling?

Are either of the above Mr. Peck's fault? The answer is no. And those actions unto themselves say something.

Amiga 1200

kirka 
Posted on 12-Feb-2008 23:04:36
#236 ]

@samface

I am sure Hyperion received income from OS 4 sales, but not profit.

I assume their expenses have exceeded their income and would not call this a sweet deal where things stand today.

Kirka

umisef 
Posted on 13-Feb-2008 2:28:51
#237 ]

@samface

Quote:
A few days ago, I posted links to statements from other Amiga Inc. employees such as Gary Peake and Ray A. Akey which painted a completely different picture.

I went looking for those links, but couldn't find them.

As far as I remember (assuming you linked to the statements I am thinking of), those essentially said "You were always a lousy worker and should be glad you didn't get the boot earlier".

Which may well be true (who knows? Certainly not me...), but it's not excuse for not paying people, or for not paying health insurance. Yes, maybe Bolton should have been fired, but everyone agrees that he wasn't. And if you hire someone in a wage-paying position, you have to pay all the benefits of the position for as long as the person stays hired.

Dandy 
Posted on 13-Feb-2008 6:27:30
#238 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:
@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@Kronos

Not even Amiga Inc. are stupid enough to pay for the development AND let Hyperion recieve the profit from sales.

That's why I asked...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 13-Feb-2008 6:36:13
#239 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:
@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:
@SpaceDruid

Even if all agree,
there's no guarantee
that all are right...

...this is about refraining from so much speculation and sticking with what we actually know.

Hmmmmm - you don't like speculating?

Well - I do.

I like to look at the information that is available, to think about it, to draw my conclusions from that, to discuss them with others and then finally to see how close to/how far away from reality my conclusions are.

Others love dissolving crossword puzzles - and I love speculating e.g. about the Amiga issue - I hope that's no prob for anyone here...

Last edited by Dandy on 13-Feb-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 13-Feb-2008 6:45:17
#240 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:
@Dandy

Quote:

Dandy wrote:

This just goes to show your inability to reason on the matter.

Why do you think I have to find reasons for AInc's Incompetence?

I'm not interested in their reasons - all I'm interested in is the product - but there is none aside from hot air and nobody pays me money to find out possible reasons for their way of acting - so why should I waste my time with such superflous thoughts?

Would such thinking mysteriously solve the current Amiga mess?

Dandy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle