Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  8 mins ago
 Rob:  10 mins ago
 pixie:  18 mins ago
 michalsc:  24 mins ago
 pavlor:  32 mins ago
 kolla:  33 mins ago
 Gunnar:  43 mins ago
 MagicSN:  46 mins ago
 miggymac:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 25 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  amiga inc
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Al4 
Re: amiga inc
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 17:38:16
#21 ]

@opi

It came from some interview on Amigaweb

Profile     Report this post  
Flashlab 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 17:38:31
#22 ]

@Al4

So you're rehashing the 20 questions with AInc again. You've done this before here on Amigaworld and then you never got an answer and now you still won't get an answer.

Why?

Because Amigaworld != AInc. If you want to know ask AInc but quit trolling around here with this crap. It seems to me you don't want to get that AInc is a scam company (or in the very least a company with a very unreliable track record).

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Temporarily offline...

opi 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 17:40:44
#23 ]
Team Member

@Al4

Quote:
It came from some interview on Amigaweb

So, people who never delivered anything usable says that they have something that scales across serval hardware platforms and it's better than OS X.

Right.

I have piece of Moon parcel you may be interested in.

Glames 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 17:55:23
#24 ]

@all

Amiga Inc didn't pay us for WordMeUp sales we did.
After many requests, we still don't have money.

If they don't/can't pay a few hundred dollars, I'm not sure they can hire a team to develop OS5...

Glames

number6 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 18:00:06
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Glames

Quote:
Amiga Inc didn't pay us for WordMeUp sales we did.
After many requests, we still don't have money.

I am genuinely sad to hear this.
Not that it's any consolation, but I've heard many similar stories from other AA2 developers.

TiredofLife 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 18:14:24
#26 ]

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Al4
As Amiga Inc has missed ALL of their own self-imposed public deadlines (*) I don't think anyone knows, including Amiga Inc.

(* = and then blamed that on the court case, despite (a) knowing about the court case BEFORE they announced the deadlines, and (b) the court case has not stopped Hyperion releasing OS4 for Sam440. Make of that what you will. Most people here have concluded that Amiga Inc, or at least Bill McEwan, is full of nothing more than hot air.)

Not me mate, I disagree.
It's not hot air I think he s full of.

HKvalhe 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 18:27:09
#27 ]

@Al4

I rest my case. This announcement from AI was actually a very big joke. We have never seen any edvidence of an AmigaOS 5 or new hardwares made with license from Amiga Inc..

I would say that AI has lost ground a long time ago..

Their intention with the so-called OS5 was that it was supposed to be a standalone OS built from the nature of AmigaOS 4. The funny thing with this is that the first plan was to make AmigaOS 5 built from Linux sources, then this idea was dumped in favour of Tao Groups' Intent technology. Some years ago they claimed AmigaOS 5 is going to be based on a brand new AmigaOS kernel. Did we ever see any edvidence from AI of
this new OS5 and related hardwares licensed by AI? No, NEVER!

Hyperion Entertainment has proven themselves with the ongoing development of AmigaOS 4 product line and compatible hardwares. The edvidences you see today are AmigaOS 4.1 with updates and SAM440ep-hardwares to run it..

Last edited by HKvalhe on 12-Jun-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Valiant 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 18:41:33
#28 ]

@Seer

Quote:

Seer wrote:
@Al4

Nope..

Either because;

- They have NDA's
- Are afraid of the competition (ie MS and Apple)
- There is no OS5
- any of the above.

How about all of the above?

Amiga 1000; Amiga 2000; Amiga 3000T; CD-TV; CD32;
AmigaOne-XE 800Mhz G4;Sam400ep 666Mhz;
AmigaOne X-1000 1.8Ghz PA6T-1682M

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 18:58:37
#29 ]
Team Member

@Al4

Quote:

Al4 wrote:
@fairlanefastback

no one knows when it will get done. One year, five years?

Why not, eight, or ten, or never? No evidence has been given to show that it is in any way real. But you know this already. We've been through this multiple times before.

Amiga 1200

Al4 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:09:20
#30 ]

@fairlanefastback

It works both ways, an outside person can't say with any proof that it will be made or won't be made.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:19:13
#31 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@HKvalhe

Quote:

Hyperion Entertainment has proven themselves with the ongoing development of AmigaOS 4 product line and compatible hardwares. The edvidences you see today are AmigaOS 4.1 with updates and SAM440ep-hardwares to run it..

In fairness, Hyperion have given us an OS with very limited software and hardware selection that took a decade instead of the year they origionaly agreed to and according to Amiga Inc, have held the OS (Both 4 and 5's development) hostage for nearly that long.

While they have given us something, its still a long way from being able to wave flags and toot whistles about. The Amiga today is in far less secure a position than its ever been.

In my opinion, both sides have let the community down massively from what they promised us. Some of this is due to outside forces, but a lot of it is to do with ego. You can see this being pointed out many times by the various judges that have had the misfortune to have to rule over the legal stuff.

Google Translate

1Mouse 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:33:12
#32 ]

Has there been any spoken/written news from McBill recently (last however many years)?

I'd love to hear his views on the way we, the Amiga community, see Amiga Inc.

I have a few thoughts of my own regarding Amiga Inc, but all I would like to say is we have done very well without McBill.

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

number6 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:43:20
#33 ]
Elite Member

@1Mouse

Quote:
Has there been any spoken/written news from McBill recently (last however many years)?

Not much in public, no.

But perhaps I can relate something from private without detail.(not meant as a statement, so much as just an insight).
At one point I had a discussion through an intermediary where I seemed to be hearing answers on why particular things had not worked out. Then...I went into "oh no, not that again", when I heard about the next great thing on the horizon. I decided to not comment on that, and instead press the all important question relating to whether he could actually DO what he was claiming, given the legal situation. To my surprise (and for this I do thank Bill for this honesty), he was able for that one moment to shed the PR part of his personna and answer honestly...that he could not.
To anyone that doubts that the legal situation has hamstrung both parties...please think again.

mike 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:53:57
#34 ]

Sadly a simple answer.

There is no more Amiga Inc, only Amino, most likely because they cant prove they own the damned thing ( however thats supposed to happen, thats like loosing your winning lottery ticket ....

I havent been following the "progress" for as long as i've been able to, i dont wanna know i dont need to know. They can screw around all they want but at the end of the day were no closer to home then we were * input anything here *

Now that being said, teh only real signs of progress we have is Hyperions superb friggin job with Amigos4. And all we have from Ainc is ACK... nuff said ( Sorry Jamie tho i certainly do respect your word of giving the man a break, just look the other way for this bit of hopefully constructive criticism )

Simple answer, dont bother with the facts the details will kill you...

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
Couldn't care less what other people think, seeing that there's concrete evidence they don't.

HKvalhe 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 19:56:18
#35 ]

@SpaceDruid

It depends on how you see the situation..

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 20:08:25
#36 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@HKvalhe

Quote:

It depends on how you see the situation..

Well I'd say a judge is a pretty neutral person to take a sounding from. If he says its stupid ego driven crap that should be sorted out by sitting their ####s down and talking to each other, rather than spending potential development money on lawyers, then I say people should take a bit of notice.

Edit: I'm going to have to leave this interesting conversation for the day since I'm being rather rude towards my guests. That and the beer keg has been opened and I doubt I can continue to post in English.

No you are not seeing double. I posted this edit in another thread. I'm rappidly loosing the ability to remember which thread was the interesting one so I'm posting this in both

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 12-Jun-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Google Translate

mike 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 20:15:21
#37 ]

@Al4

Ah, that would be my part of the woods i guess. Yes he did say so, and the story got like 50 or 500 thousand reads, i cant remember. it got slashdotted ;þ (Insane, Thanks al!)

TBH, i havent even bothered downloading or even registering to get the OS5 SDK, but if they are working on some sort of virtual implementation of amigaos and the only two people working on it is Bill & Jamie with a lawsuit 8 lawyers debit and a financial collapse of the entire friggin world... unless your m$ and know that you need to do to get #### done to friggin survive, your not. ( heck they are trying to blow the wind away with win7 )

The only thing that puzzles me more then GM's ( having ours truly teh US of A pumping billions ) is how Amiga inc manages to stays afloat with worse software ideas then i can come up with on a really rainy day, with a hangover, after having fallen down a mountain and only managing to get home to my doorstep using my teeth and claws....

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
Couldn't care less what other people think, seeing that there's concrete evidence they don't.

opi 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 20:34:55
#38 ]
Team Member

@Al4

Quote:
It works both ways, an outside person can't say with any proof that it will be made or won't be made.

BS and logical fallacy.

You do not prove that something does not exists. If there's no proof of something then we assume it does not exists untill evidence can be provided.

I'll prove that there's no OS5 after you prove that I don't have powers to affect weather.

That would be stupid, right?

Last edited by opi on 12-Jun-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Flashlab 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 20:41:29
#39 ]

@opi

He's a troll; don't bother.

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Temporarily offline...

1Mouse 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 20:44:58
#40 ]

I believe that proof is needed that Bill is no longer in the game so that we can all move on.

It's just like getting over an ex, get over it and move on.

Bill/AI is the past and Hyperion, ACube and all those actively working on the Sam, OS4.1 and all related software are the future.

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle