Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  6 mins ago
 matthey:  7 mins ago
 kiFla:  35 mins ago
 klx300r:  39 mins ago
 kriz:  45 mins ago
 Hypex:  47 mins ago
 Torque:  52 mins ago
 clint:  53 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
zerohero 
Re: Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 11:39:34
#81 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

Quote:
So what?? They listened to the people who MOANED AND COMPLAINED about them announcing stuff before it was done.

To be fair to those that MOAN and COMPLAIN though, I can't remember one deadline that hasn't been broken. And that's since pre-release 1. While we all know things can go bad sometimes, but every time?

NOTE: The above is based on what I remember, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
There is alot going on behind the scenes like chris said earlier in this thread.

We have no idea about what's going on behind the scenes. They've said they're working on a few things, but if they are, or aren't, is really beyond our knowledge.

Quote:
I and most OS4 users here dosent seem that upset about the so called lack of info, but oddly enough the non OS4 users are?? But i guess we are just blind fanboy sheep according to you eh?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am an AmigaOS 4.1 update 2 user. I've been a user since pre-release times, and I don't like the lack of info. As for calling you fanboys, I have never done that, but this thread has me inclined to do so in the future.

The funny thing is, that on this board I've been called a blue troll, and in #morphos IRC channel I'm called a religious fanatic in the Church of Hermans.

Quote:
Edit: You didnt reply to my question earlier anyways.. Why could he not post this question in the identical thread he posted in october or similar topics made by other members? Why make more threads about same subject?? This guy has a past of slagging off OS4.x and hyperion, so is it that strange that some of us jump to conclusions when his name shows up yet again in such a thread?

No, I didn't answer, because I don't know. How could I know what realize was thinking? From an AW.Net moderator point of view he did nothing wrong starting a new thread.

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 11:55:33
#82 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

The funny thing is, that on this board I've been called a blue troll, and in #morphos IRC channel I'm called a religious fanatic in the Church of Hermans.

maybe you are just a genuine opponent?

:O

zerohero 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 11:58:49
#83 ]
Team Member

@wawa

Yes, I'm the instigator...

Mechanic 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 13:02:18
#84 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

SOoooo! Instead of the Spanish Inquisition we now have to put up
with the Swedish Instigation.

Oy!

Signed,

Fanboy

jahc 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 13:47:33
#85 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Listen good you #*@)@* tosser. I tried to make a thread and be nice but you and all these other fanboys have really got to me. What a bunch of sad little men. I'm glad there was some sensible people here, but as with politics ususally the loudest most ignorant voices are the ones who control things and all the others are cowed by it.

All of you who attacked me here should be ashamed of yourselves. Especially after I explained why i want os4 news rather nicely. I like that comment about since amigans.net is shut down all the lame fanboy trolls came here (when I see mikey c back i know whats coming) All of you fanboy extremists

"you are a blue troll"

"we dont need news we have os 3.9" (my fav)

"we have too much news"

"there is so much happening with os4"

Are you delusional? You know what you guys have? Battered wife syndrome... the guy beats up the girl every night, verbally abuses her and makes her cook dinner.. and what does the girl say "But he loves me" thats how you are with your ignorant fanboyism.

Asking a company where the product is or why there is no news is perfectly normal. I DO THIS TO THE MORPHOS DEVs ALL THE TIME go on mz and search..

Ssolie is the only person who actually responded with somewhat of an updated "news"
What are all you posers excited about? Lets BREAK IT DOWN

1. SMP (dual processor support) umm NOT going to happen ANY time soon ( i mean years)

2. Firefox 4 NOT going to happen any time soon (1 year + at least)

3. OS 4.1 for classics (hmm so just patches and fixes to get it to run on 20 yr old hardware) wowow!

4. USB2 OMFG!!!!!11!! WOWOWOWW (lame)

5. Gallium support (umm not any time soon)

You guys should really be realistic its rather embarassing. No wonder amiga community is a joke to most others...pathetic

(So I tried to be nice are you happy now? I know that insults wont hurt you tossers since you are so daft, so maybe the truth will hurt you more than anything)

I would love somebody to disprove any of the above 5 points.

OH and to who ever posted the list of os4 devs that was quite a funny joke. Any of the meaningful things are done by basically less than 5 people. So how you expect these people (even though they are genius coders) to accomplish all these wishes you call news.

It's just a computer (platform).. dont worry about it.

Everything will be okay. If the sh*t goes down, I'll stand beside you and form the triangle of life. Just crouch down and clasp your hands together so I can concentrate.

Thats goes for all of you.

tomazkid 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 14:16:38
#86 ]
Team Member

locking thread.

As Jahc writes It's just a computer (platform).. dont worry about it.
The most sensible sentence in this thread.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle