Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 92 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  2 mins ago
 matthey:  5 mins ago
 zipper:  21 mins ago
 BigD:  23 mins ago
 amigakit:  58 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 AmigaOldskooler:  2 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Where the @#&@(!& is "X" ???
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
klx300r 
Re: Where the @#&@(!& is "X" ???
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 0:40:53
#161 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

realize wrote:
5. Its seems obvious that there is real problems with x1000 development (which is understandable as it was a monumental task. For anyone to be truly HONEST and look at it, this was a mistake by Hyperion to go this road. All the wasted development time on a new kernel, new drivers, mem mapping, etc etc etc could have been used for OS4 development and ports and maybe we'd be on OS 4.2 by now.

ahh so glad you pointed out 'the obvious' & 'wasted development' to whom exactly the X1000 will be OS4.x's flagship and all work spent on it will benefit ALL that use OS4.x

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Profile     Report this post  
NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 1:02:38
#162 ]
Elite Member

@realize

1. I found it inappropriate to answer you on this tread, It might even be against the TOS.

2. Perfectly clear, did not work out too well.

3. Yes have notices tiny bit interest form you, it was not always like this.

4. You where provocative and that's what you where trying to do right, I guess some miss interpreted you its easy over the internet.

5. It is not over until the fat lady singes right, Bata testers are not worried lets take that as a good sign.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 07-Jun-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 07-Jun-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 07-Jun-2011 at 01:03 AM.

T-J 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 3:08:48
#163 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Quote:
it WAS INTENDED TO INVOKE SOME SORT OF OFFICIAL RESPONSE OF WHICH THERE HAS BEEN NONE. Not one person on Aos4 or Aeon team has poted on this 8 thread page which is extraordinarily telling in and of itself.

A friendly suggestion: If you're serious about wanting an official response, you might consider sending an email to either Hyperion Entertainment or A-Eon Technology. Or both. If there is anything they are able or willing to share, that would seem to be your best bet.

On the other hand, if you are enjoying the 'completely unintentional' fighting and arguing that your 'innocent questions' have provoked, by all means carry on as you are.

Last edited by T-J on 07-Jun-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Paul 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 3:31:34
#164 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Quote:
1. Before some fanboy here calls anyone a "troll" they need to research who that person is and what they have done for "amiga" (for ex "opi" or "piru" on aorg)

I just ran a simple search for "opi" and "piru" at amiga.org. Clearly piru has been deeply involved in MOS. None of the posts I looked at showed anything about whatever pre-MOS work was done by him. "opi" shows no result in the search. Different ID at A.org?

But that's all really beside the point. Having done a lot for Classic, AROS, emulation or MOS still doesn't give anyone a "right" to jump in on threads about something they are not going to use or buy (OS4/Sam/A1/X1000) and tell those who DO like it what a waste it is.

Quote:
2. This thread was never started as "flamebait" (what is this 1993? ) it WAS INTENDED TO INVOKE SOME SORT OF OFFICIAL RESPONSE OF WHICH THERE HAS BEEN NONE. Not one person on Aos4 or Aeon team has poted on this 8 thread page which is extraordinarily telling in and of itself.

OK. So your intent was NOT flamebait. Your similar threads from the past should have taught you that it would come to that. And ---again, more to the point--- why would you expect any kind of a response from Hyperion or Aeon here in a thread titled like this one? That's naive at best.

Quote:
3. When "update3" comes out and I will buy OS4 for my Pegasos 2. I have to wait as I dont want to buy it now and be charged for the update... the reason I want OS4 even though Morph is More compatible and More Advanced there is a couple of apps that will run on os4 that wont on morphos and I actually like the looks of "workbench" over "ambient"and it will be fun to have a dual boot amigaoid system.

No one has had to pay for updates 1 and 2. There is no reasonable expectation that anyone should have to pay for update 3. But then, this has been stated so many times that it must have been really difficult to NOT be aware of that up 'til now. Naturally, OS4.2 will probably be a paid update.

Quote:
4. Anybody who has called my posting this thread as "hysterical" need to go into the dictionary and look the word up.
OK: From Merriam Webster Online: Quote:
behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess

OK. Ya' got me. I used the word "hysterical." But it was actually in reference to freeaks earliest posts in this thread, not to you. And for those, the definition fits very well.

Quote:
5. Its seems obvious that there is real problems with x1000 development (which is understandable as it was a monumental task. For anyone to be truly HONEST and look at it, this was a mistake by Hyperion to go this road. All the wasted development time on a new kernel, new drivers, mem mapping, etc etc etc could have been used for OS4 development and ports and maybe we'd be on OS 4.2 by now.

So all the complaints from the anti-OS4, anti-Hyperion guys about no SMP, no USB2, etc., etc. etc. won't be solved by any of the work going into supporting the X1000? Makes no sense.

'course, all this has been said before. But since you couldn't be bothered to read the thread before posting all this. maybe this 5 minute summary will help you along.

Paul

@eXec

Quote:
the one and only clever post around this whole portal for a quite long time!

mate, you gave them a check mate!

it's a "checkmate" only for an anti-OS4 fanboy.

Gebrochen 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 3:49:33
#165 ]

@Thread :

When its done its done, when it is done, and eventually it will be done, and hence done meaning completed and ready for us users, I myself would like to buy an complete system that has been done.

hahahaha

OK, x1000 complete system with AOS4.3, sure thing, why not, but Id rather see a thread saying, ITS OUT, ready to purchase, then more of the same old, WTF is it?

Patience is a virtue in Amiga land, we all know this.

CHeers

AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com

Rudei 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 6:08:20
#166 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@realize

the one and only clever post around this whole portal for a quite long time!

mate, you gave them a check mate!

all the best!

Very sad that you make such a comment, as if this is some kind of battle.
I really wish you'd leave this site.

Rude!

g_kraszewski 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 7:04:32
#167 ]

@Paul

Quote:
I just ran a simple search for "opi" and "piru" at amiga.org. Clearly piru has been deeply involved in MOS. None of the posts I looked at showed anything about whatever pre-MOS work was done by him.

Hint: try Aminet advanced search and look for "piru" in readme. You can also filter out MorphOS entries to get only "pre-MOS" work.

amigang 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 7:55:22
#168 ]
Elite Member

You know what I just realized the stupidity of this thread we all been wasting our time trying to reassure users that wont be buying the X1000, dont agree with the X1000 project and have doubts over the company evolved with the project, so I ask why are they so interested in the project?

As I've said I think the only big mistake a-eon have done was to say Summer 2010 and to be honest I hope they dont give up another deadline because it will be just jump on again by the same people who arnt really interested. The best thing Aros did was to have line "no schedule and rocking" and usually using the line "When its Done", A-eon and Hyperion would be wise to use them.

Last edited by amigang on 07-Jun-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Daemon 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 8:19:44
#169 ]

Some people just rant the same rants over and over again, this forum would be a much better place if some people got permanent banned.
over and over post either pro commodore usa stuff in aos4 threads, or ppc sucks types of posts in x1000 posts etc... frankly its getting really boring to see all these posts, there are some peoples posts i just scroll by but eventhough ordinary decent posters reply to their rants so its all over the place...

i just wonder why some people are here in the first place... i am here because
i am an old amiga user used amiga since 1988-1989 or something, still got 2 amigas, an a1200 and a4000. looking here everyweek to see news about x1000 etc.

somepeople dont even debate they just rant the same old mantra over and over again.....

please staff clean the user base...

Dandy 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 9:12:30
#170 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:
@A1200

its what we do expect from AmigaOS in 2011,

I for my part expect it to run on powerful hardware (A1X1k) to let my apps fly.

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:

my impression is that classic users only play OCS games,

I prefer to do creative stuff.
I'd even more prefer to do this creative stuff at a higher system speed - that's why I'm waiting for the A1X1k.

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:

and like play geeky hardware from 1985-94's nothing wrong whit that.

Well, aside from the MoBo the hw in my towered A4kPPC is mostly post 1994...

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:

And place don't even try telling me I should be running WinUAE, because then you are no classic users at all, then you are the wannabe

Hmmmm - here at work I have AmigaForever installed on my XP machine. Does this make me a "wannabe" in your eyes?

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 9:27:35
#171 ]
Elite Member

@Jape

Quote:

Jape wrote:
@All

Now i'm the slave of Microsoft

A microslave, so to say?

Dandy

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 11:19:05
#172 ]
Elite Member

@g_kraszewski

The applications hi worked on / created do not excuse his behaviour.

Yes he has worked on some stuff that might be interesting for AmigaOS4 classic, but we all know Piru will never work for Hyperion, he even did say so on Amiga.org

AmiDog 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 12:05:58
#173 ]
Cult Member

As I see it, the main issue with the delay is Moore's law, which basically states that the performance doubles (or price halves) every 18 months or so. While the X1000 might have looked nice and shiny when annouced, with a delay of more than a year (for unknown reasons) it will look rather rusty and old when it gets here.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 12:14:03
#174 ]

@AmiDog

For it's target audience, it will look the same, IMHO, since there is no competing product of comparable performance(or price) to run OS4 on.
Even when it was first announced there was nothing "nice and shiny" about it compared to mainstream machines since everything on it was basically a few years old(CPU, RAM, GFX).

Mikey_C 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 12:30:49
#175 ]
Elite Member

*sighs*

Somethings never change.

I for one won't bother making a comment on the whole matter. One way or another this just seems to be the same old arguments, dusted down and rephrased for a new day. Yet the underlying currents remain the same.

redrumloa 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 13:55:55
#176 ]
Cult Member

@Daemon

Quote:

Daemon wrote:
Some people just rant the same rants over and over again, this forum would be a much better place if some people got permanent banned.
over and over post either pro commodore usa stuff in aos4 threads, or ppc sucks types of posts in x1000 posts etc... frankly its getting really boring to see all these posts, there are some peoples posts i just scroll by but eventhough ordinary decent posters reply to their rants so its all over the place...

i just wonder why some people are here in the first place... i am here because
i am an old amiga user used amiga since 1988-1989 or something, still got 2 amigas, an a1200 and a4000. looking here everyweek to see news about x1000 etc.

somepeople dont even debate they just rant the same old mantra over and over again.....

please staff clean the user base...

So the guy with a join date of 2008 and is otherwise unknown in the Kommunity (AFAIK) wants people who have been active in the online Kommunity since the mid 90's, some of whom happen to be top developers, to be banned because they hold a somewhat different opinion about a commercial product?

Wow...

$225 total spent!

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 14:08:07
#177 ]
Cult Member

@redrumloa

+1

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

number6 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 14:08:34
#178 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

I think you need to read that post a bit more carefully.
He's talking about something that both you and I know quite well.
Threads have icons to indicate the basic topic, in this case platform or amigaflavor being discussed.
If Commodore enthusiasts, AmigaOS enthusiasts, MorphOS enthusiasts, AROS enthusiasts, etc. all posted in only the threads convering their own area of interest, you would have peace.
What he's saying that is dreadfully obvious to all, is that many people come here for the floor show. Read that as "posting in threads about topics which are of no interest to them".

Jupp3 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 14:31:03
#179 ]

@g_kraszewski

Quote:
Quote:
I just ran a simple search for "opi" and "piru" at amiga.org. Clearly piru has been deeply involved in MOS. None of the posts I looked at showed anything about whatever pre-MOS work was done by him.

Hint: try Aminet advanced search and look for "piru" in readme. You can also filter out MorphOS entries to get only "pre-MOS" work

As for his "post-MOS" work, his fixes to PFS3 should definitely be mentioned, as they will (eventually) benefit everyone.

Eventually, as even if the changes are pushed to repository quite often, he won't release Makefile (for building the whole thing) or binaries before he can get it properly tested (but of course, meanwhile, anyone who knows basics of AmigaOS coding can create a working Makefile to get it compiled)

jacadcaps 
Posted on 7-Jun-2011 15:17:07
#180 ]

@Paul

Quote:
Clearly piru has been deeply involved in MOS. None of the posts I looked at showed anything about whatever pre-MOS work was done by him.

Imho, this clearly shows how little you know about classic Amiga and people involved in making it a platform we all loved.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle