Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 87 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Lou:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  53 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  59 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  HD-REC on OS4.x on X1000 ?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
broadblues 
Re: HD-REC on OS4.x on X1000 ?
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 11:30:34
#21 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Wanderer

Quote:

3. If you port at least one of them to AmigaOS that adds significant value to HD-Rec, I am willing to implement the interface on HD-Recs side. (given that is it simple enough for a single developer to master this in his lifetime).

The best of the open source ones I found, was a reverb, but your reverb is allready pretty good.

Based on a cursory glance at code it wouldn't be that hard to port it to your interface, but ineveitably there would be hidden problems...

Profile     Report this post  
Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 11:32:06
#22 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

What also comes to my mind is that is probably easier, once you have your hands on an VST Plugin source, to change the VST routines to use HD-Rec plugin protocol. Bernd Rösch did this successfully with the Bars&Pipes protocol. also some kind of wrapper would be thinkable, that deals with VST and connects to HD-Rec.

Homepage: http://www.hd-rec.de

broadblues 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 11:33:38
#23 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Wanderer

On the wish list side, a multiband compressor woruld be nice.

I find myslef doing all my mastering under linux, so that I can use Jammin, so a combintaion mastering effects would be very useful.

Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 11:36:18
#24 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

Yes, a multiband compressor, autotune, another reverb and an enhancer/exciter are on my todo list, as well as finally finishing the resampler and some other editing routines such as reverse and splitting a stereo track into two mono tracks and vice versa.

If you have the core-routines for a good reverb, it is probably quite easy to turn it into an HD-Rec DSP Effect library. if this is allowed, license wise.

The reason why I want another Reverb is not that the current one is bad, but I need it for a project where I need more control over the parameters, such as room size, wall material, position of the listener etc.

Last edited by Wanderer on 27-Oct-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Last edited by Wanderer on 27-Oct-2011 at 11:39 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 11:51:29
#25 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Wanderer

The ones I looked ate were here: http://www.linux-vst.com/
I don't theink the reverb here is any better than your existing one.

There was another site, but I can't find it with a quick search.

I was thinking of porting the reverb to AE4 as AE reverb is not so strong. Dave sent me the plugin SDK for AE along time ago but I've never had time to do anything with it :-/

The main feature that AE4 has that I need when compared with HD-Rec is automation of channel volumes etc. I like HD_rec for it's effects. I'm really only ineterested in audio not midi.

Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 12:56:25
#26 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

Feel free to port HD-Rec Reverb (Hd-Rec is open source). Acutally it is also a port from an EMU Soundcard.

When you say you dont need MIDI, you mean support for external MIDI equipment? What about soft synths?
I am also planning a mixer automation that will be done via MIDI, so you can record, edit and playback without the need of any new editor. You can also controll it then from an external device, such as the modulation wheel from your masterkeyboard.

The only thing that has been keeping me from doing this is that the concept should be as flexible as possible, e.g. I want also to control DSP Effect parameters dynamically, and I havent found a good concept for this.

One idea was that the Mixer gets its own MIDI port, so you can use standard MIDIs' Volume and Panorama Controllers to control the Mixer.
But we have a restriction to 16 channels here.

HD-Recs mixer has 16 (stereo) channels, but also 1 input channel, 1 master channel and 4 side channels.

lucaricossa 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 14:38:42
#27 ]

@Wanderer

yes, you are right. Although, if you record with the Mixer as input, you can actually record from different sources... (if I am not wrong).
I have a Soundblaster

Last edited by lucaricossa on 27-Oct-2011 at 02:40 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 15:01:19
#28 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Wanderer

Quote:

Feel free to port HD-Rec Reverb (Hd-Rec is open source). Acutally it is also a port from an EMU Soundcard.

Okay thanks, when I get some time I'll take a deeper look at that. Currently putting an album together, as wellas playing nd chasing a lot of gigs....

Quote:

When you say you dont need MIDI, you mean support for external MIDI equipment? What about soft synths?

I'm primariarly an acoustic guitar player, so I'm mainly interested in mixing guitars and vocals. So I don't use much in the way of extarnal midi at all. I do occasionally use softsynths and midi to create timing loops, but my genre (blues) doesn't lend itself well to such strict timings. Syncoptaed timing with tempo shifting organically with the dynamics of a song are well beyond my midi programming abilities.

Quote:

I am also planning a mixer automation that will be done via MIDI, so you can record, edit and playback without the need of any new editor. You can also controll it then from an external device, such as the modulation wheel from your masterkeyboard.

The only thing that has been keeping me from doing this is that the concept should be as flexible as possible, e.g. I want also to control DSP Effect parameters dynamically, and I havent found a good concept for this.

One idea was that the Mixer gets its own MIDI port, so you can use standard MIDIs' Volume and Panorama Controllers to control the Mixer.
But we have a restriction to 16 channels here.

HD-Recs mixer has 16 (stereo) channels, but also 1 input channel, 1 master channel and 4 side channels.

Sounds very interesting. Hope you can work your way arround the issues. Maybe a definable set of midi slots ? Whilst the mixer has 16 channels, I rarely use them all myslef, so would be happy to choose 16 options from a wider palette. Other projects may be more complex ofcourse.

Last edited by broadblues on 27-Oct-2011 at 03:06 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 15:02:51
#29 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@lucaricossa

If you have more than one sound card, you can in principle record from both at the same time, but no app I know of takes advantage of that.

Tomppeli 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 17:55:30
#30 ]

@Kicko + eliyahu

What latency settings do you use with HD-rec and ESI Juliet ? If those settings are too high then it's impossible to play with an external keyboard. If I put latency settings to lower values HDrec starts making random "scratching" noise to speakers. Even rebooting machine doesn't cure that if I start HDrec again. Only cure to that noise is putting latency settings back to higher levels.

@Wanderer

HDrec and its plugins crashes a lot on my system. Many of those crashes are null memory pointers. For example if I have a plugin window active and I click the main/arranger window, to be able to access the main menu, HD-rec crashes. (Ignoring DSI's allows using it.) Should be easy to fix, I guess.

Plugins have quite low stack size settings. I think they should be higher.

It looks like if I have both XR-49 and VM-49 plugins installed it will give these errors:

Quote:

XR-49 Masterkeyboard tried to login twice !

XR-49 Masterkeyboard V0.5: Waiting for CONFIRM timed out !

XR-49 Masterkeyboard V0.5: Login timed out !

Help guide doesn't have anything in it.

One of the plugins is trying to access Work: assign/volume which I don't have. Is there any tooltype or prefs where I can change this ?

It would be nice if you and/or plugin makers didn't use NewIcon icons ?

Thanks !

Last edited by Tomppeli on 27-Oct-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Last edited by Tomppeli on 27-Oct-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Last edited by Tomppeli on 27-Oct-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Kicko 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 18:01:06
#31 ]
Elite Member

@Wanderer

Thanks for the bugtracker. Probably i missed it on your page and i see the maillist is silent. For the AHI update i was thinking about that Hyperion should do something about it after they are finished with all that 3D/GFX stuff they are working on. Get some good coders that knows audio. Audio is important as the classic was knows also for that, like bars&pipes, trackers, editors etc.
Not only games, gfx packages etc.

I will keep in mind what you talk about hunk offset. If i find camd.library there i could report to camd author etc.

I look forward for next release :)

EDIT:
If the new netbook for os4 comes next year i could try to save money and ask some other folks to help (bounty) to get you a netbook so you can fix os4 stuff like crashes/plugins etc.

Last edited by Kicko on 27-Oct-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Last edited by Kicko on 27-Oct-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Yescop 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 18:10:24
#32 ]

@Kicko

Not poor ?
Could you help me to buy my X1000 ?
If yes, pm me directly, I wouldn't make some jealous guys !

YesCop

Conf:
Sam Flex 800 and OS4.1 FE

Kicko 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 18:12:19
#33 ]
Elite Member

@Yescop

Just send me money and ill help you get your X1000

Arko 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 19:37:18
#34 ]

@Kicko

Quote:

Kicko wrote:

ec im wondering if HD-REC app is working on X1000.

Onboard sound is not working (AOS4 problem ?) , needs soundcard. Soundcards are included on exlusive limited 1rst contact edition.

Last edited by Arko on 27-Oct-2011 at 07:39 PM.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 19:47:14
#35 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

> If you have more than one sound card, you can in principle record from both at the same time, but no app I know of takes advantage of that.
AHI doesn't support this.

@lucaricossa
Recording from different sources is not what we call multitrack recording here. If the AHI driver allows you to select the source, any AHI-enabled program can record from the different sources.

Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 19:51:27
#36 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

Quote:

Sounds very interesting. Hope you can work your way arround the issues. Maybe a definable set of midi slots ? Whilst the mixer has 16 channels, I rarely use them all myslef, so would be happy to choose 16 options from a wider palette. Other projects may be more complex ofcourse.

Usually I use 8 channels (remember they are stereo, so that corrsponds usually to 16 on a "regular" mixer). If 16 is not enough for you, you should probably rethink the way you do the mixing, probably some of the channels are similar enough to join them to one.

But the equation MIDI channel = Audio Channel would be nice, but what about the extra channels? Maybe I should assign 2 MIDI Ports? But that sounds a bit like overkill.
Or may just make the 16 regular channels controlable?

Wanderer 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 19:59:47
#37 ]
Cult Member

@Tomppeli
Quote:

HDrec and its plugins crashes a lot on my system. Many of those crashes are null memory pointers. For example if I have a plugin window active and I click the main/arranger window, to be able to access the main menu, HD-rec crashes. (Ignoring DSI's allows using it.) Should be easy to fix, I guess.

As I said, I use HD-Rec on a daily basis and I dont have those kinds of crashes. It hasnt crashed for ages now.
There must be something different on your system setup. That's why it is hard to fix for me, otherwise I would instantly do it. Stack size is a good candidate. I will increase this in the next release.

Quote:

It looks like if I have both XR-49 and VM-49 plugins installed it will give these errors:

VM-49 replaces XR-49. You should only install the VM-49. Maybe both plugins are to old for the HD-Rec version you use?

> One of the plugins is trying to access Work: assign/volume which I don't have. Is there any tooltype or prefs where I can change this ?
I need to know which one. On a vanilla HD-Rec installation, all path should be relativly set to the home dir, so HD-Rec can run everywere out-of-the-box.

> It would be nice if you and/or plugin makers didn't use NewIcon icons ?
The icons are created on OS3.9 Icon editor. If you want other Icons, please send them to me. I would like to use PNG Icons, but they are not supported on all systems. That's why I thought OS3.9 (glowicons) are a good choise.

Kicko 
Posted on 28-Oct-2011 21:05:58
#38 ]
Elite Member

@Wanderer

I think i sent sometimes crashes that i could do "Ignoring DSI's" and continue to use hd-rec for some time. Could be low stack. I know many apps i betatested that had this kind of crashes that are continuable they have fixed and some were low on stack. I will try some more next week and see if it get thoose.

If you get to higher the stack and release some update i could do some more testing. For OS4 most apps needs more stack then on 68k.

Wanderer 
Posted on 28-Oct-2011 22:21:23
#39 ]
Cult Member

@Kicko

Increasing the stack is easy and does not require an update.
Just open the Icon Info and set the stack size higher and see what happens.

If plugins crash, they are started in CLI mode.
Their stacksize can be set in the plugin.def File.

ID=3
EXE="Sweeper.plugin"
MENU="Sweeper"
STACK=8192
AUTOSTART=no

Wanderer 
Posted on 30-Oct-2011 10:15:20
#40 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

I just wrote a multi band compressor, took me acutally only 2-3h including playing around with it. Sounds awesome if you blow up vocals.

But I have some questions to the experts:

1. How many bands would you like to have?
I often see 4 bands, but I think 3 bands is enough. I never know what to do with the middle bands if I have 4.

2. What parameters would you like to see per band, and what parameters should be automatized?
I found if quite a lot of parameters to fiddle around, at least with 4 bands.

The GUI is quite ugly still, but beautification and eye candy comes later:

Last edited by Wanderer on 30-Oct-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle