Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
31 crawler(s) on-line.
 79 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gebrochen:  11 mins ago
 Hammer:  36 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 15 mins ago
 sibbi:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 42 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 53 mins ago
 saimo:  5 hrs 56 mins ago
 lionstorm:  6 hrs 25 mins ago
 utri007:  6 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  It's only 1 more day
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Antique 
Re: It's only 1 more day
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:06:12
#261 ]
Cult Member

@metalmac

Sorry, not interested.

Quote:
Let us all download the CUSA distro and try it out, its free. Then we all have the rights to say wat we think of it.

Profile     Report this post  
TiredofLife 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:10:08
#262 ]

@metalmac

[quote]
metalmac wrote:
@All

Calm down everyone!

Let us all download the CUSA distro and try it out, its free.
Then we all have the rights to say wat we think of it.

[/quote

It's not the quality of the distro that's got this particular hornets nest stirred up.
Best or worst distro ever, it has no bearing on the points being made in this thread by all sides.

vox 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:23:21
#263 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:
Why to write any feedback here? So that you, vox and Daddy can write how lame it is and how every single CUSA fan is a troll?

Victimizing the victim, how convinient. You are the victim of your own PR campaign.
Certainly, there are account from which only announcements are posted, its likely to be commercial trolling.

Download link was provided as soon as appeared, list of bugs too (all the info you provided) so people are free to download and discuss it. Screens were late for the campaign itself (only video with those and Amiga models - why again? is on CUSA website / tube channel without ability to rate or comment) and neither screen or reviews are yet at the official forum, so probably it was difficult to download it by now. Haven`t seen a single review anywhere.

Torrent is so poorely seeden, its not done yet on quite fast net. Should really buy that 7GB of web server space. But yes, those who wan`t will try it, and review it. Its not like with C64x mania with retro factor. Hope it will be much more independent, and no one is stopped to do so. But people are right, this is not a Linux forum either.

Maybe later in time will compare it to Ubuntu, and test in on standard PC, but not a high priority. Enjoy much more serious bussines with "OS of your own"

Seblam 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:29:54
#264 ]

@Tomas

You are starting to #### me off. I'll try to calm down because it's just Amiga and life isn't turning around this.
But who give you the right to judge a person a fanboy, I take it as a quick judgement from someone who don't know me, and really an offense.
And as number6 point it out, as I'm an active OS4 user, I really don't understand why you call me a fan boy. Have you only try to understand my point before this quick judgement?
But man come on, I dont know which system you use, but anyway wathever system you are using in Amigaworld (OS4, MOS, AROS, CUSA), you will be called a fanboy by 99% of people on earth as there is nothing logic or rational using an Amiga system today.
So, yes, call me a fanboy if you want, but a nice custom case and nice retroskin is enough extra personality for me to pay a little more for a x86 system that give me all the softwares I need for my projects, which I can't do unfortunately with AmigaOS systems

number6 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:33:55
#265 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

Most people react to a single post instead of reading what we would call "posting history" to understand fellow users. Sorry, you are having to witness this in real time.

Franko 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 15:51:45
#266 ]
Elite Member

Paint's finished drying...

Time for a second coat and watch that dry now...

Oh look... a man walking a dog, that's interesting...

TheDaddy 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 17:24:10
#267 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

LOL!

I have just installed Linux on my spare pc (AMD X6, Radeon 5830 1GB, 8GB RAM).

I am looking at it from different angles and I really can tell the difference...an Amiga it is not. I have tried hard but nope, it ain't.

Last edited by TheDaddy on 12-Nov-2011 at 05:24 PM.

eXec 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 18:05:59
#268 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@eXec

Quote:
Why to write any feedback here? So that you, vox and Daddy can write how lame it is and how every single CUSA fan is a troll?

Victimizing the victim, how convinient. You are the victim of your own PR campaign.
Certainly, there are account from which only announcements are posted, its likely to be commercial trolling.

Download link was provided as soon as appeared, list of bugs too (all the info you provided) so people are free to download and discuss it. Screens were late for the campaign itself (only video with those and Amiga models - why again? is on CUSA website / tube channel without ability to rate or comment) and neither screen or reviews are yet at the official forum, so probably it was difficult to download it by now. Haven`t seen a single review anywhere.

Torrent is so poorely seeden, its not done yet on quite fast net. Should really buy that 7GB of web server space. But yes, those who wan`t will try it, and review it. Its not like with C64x mania with retro factor. Hope it will be much more independent, and no one is stopped to do so. But people are right, this is not a Linux forum either.

Maybe later in time will compare it to Ubuntu, and test in on standard PC, but not a high priority. Enjoy much more serious bussines with "OS of your own"

I&I man, hear me now. Each word you wrote is a word of hate. I do not like
your hate spreading policy among community here. You don`t know anything
about the C=OS but still you already took some serios time to spit onto it.
Sad dude. Sad.

Anonymous 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 18:37:44
# ]

@Tomas

Quote:
I called one guy fanboy and that was you. Which was based on your post about why CUSA is your platform of choice. You have still not replied to any of my question on the reasoning behind this choice.

He has a right to an opinion, same as you. After kas1e left you'd think that some of you would learn that a cultish "never speak out, never disagree" policy will drive developers away.

You've lost all sense of perspective on the CUSA issue and angry, hateful threads like this are embarrassing to read.

Chris

Report this post  
Seblam 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 18:47:06
#270 ]

@Vox

Quote: "Maybe later in time will compare it to Ubuntu, and test in on standard PC, but not a high priority. Enjoy much more serious bussines with "OS of your own"

Thats the point what are you enjoying on AmigaOS you look like spending so much time with long posts on this forum. Is your amiga so boring?

On COS I could do all I can on ubuntu thus all the things I cant do on amigaos.
By the way when I ask for help for my return of the beast project on OS4, nobody answer, os4 fans prefer just going forums. Fortunately, i have now nice team of artist outside of amiga world...

And you just make me laugh with AmigaOS heritage as it was just a small part of what amiga was.
As I already said majority of ex amiga users never saw amigaos, maybe sometimes amigados command line when launching a game

Last edited by Seblam on 12-Nov-2011 at 06:48 PM.

ribdevil 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 18:51:38
#271 ]

@Seblam

AOS4, Aros,Morphos, yes, but LINUX it's LINUX, and like Windows, UNIX, OSX, etc, etc, it's nothing to be with AMIGA.

I can't understand, why some people try try to convert a LINUX distro in an AMIGA OS.

Kronos 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 19:26:07
#272 ]
Elite Member

O.k. so can someone please tell me whats this all about ?

A bog-boring Linux-dristo with some ugly wallpapers ? Or it there more to it ?

Not going to bother with torrents.... speaking of which, how much more "fail" does it get ? Well o.k atleast they are not insisting on going physical media only But really, split it up put it on rapidshare&co, get some dirt-cheap webspace or just spend 100$ of the multi-million budget of yours to atleast this one thing right (even if just for change).

Last edited by Kronos on 12-Nov-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 19:29:55
#273 ]

@Seblam
Quote:
Thats the point what are you enjoying on AmigaOS you look like spending so much time with long posts on this forum. Is your amiga so boring?

Maybe he enjoys surfing the forum with his Amiga while listening to some AmigaAMP music, who knows?

Quote:
And you just make me laugh with AmigaOS heritage as it was just a small part of what amiga was.
As I already said majority of ex amiga users never saw amigaos, maybe sometimes amigados command line when launching a game

It makes me laugh to listen to people who think they knew what everybody else likes or dislikes or saw, like you when telling us that "said majority of ex amiga users never saw amigaos". To show you how ridiculous such a statement is, I will present my own:
The type of pure gaming user you describe won't have any interest in COS neither (maybe you are the exception), because that type of user is using PS3 or XBOX now. The few of them that still play some old games already use WinUAE now, emphasis on Win, because that's the only OS they care about. Those users certainly won't install a Linux.

Quote:
By the way when I ask for help for my return of the beast project on OS4, nobody answer, os4 fans prefer just going forums.

Where is such a request? A forum search didn't reveal anything, but maybe there was a typo in your request so I can't find it?
EDIT: nevermind, overlooked some search results

Last edited by Daytona675x on 12-Nov-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 19:34:16
#274 ]

@Kronos
Quote:
O.k. so can someone please tell me whats this all about ? A bog-boring Linux-dristo with some ugly wallpapers ? Or it there more to it ?

Ask seblam...

number6 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 19:46:30
#275 ]
Elite Member

@Daytona675x

Quote:
Where is such a request?

This I guess:

Return of the Beast!

Daytona675x 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 19:52:05
#276 ]

@number6
Thanks! My mistake, I overlooked the "show all results" link at the bottom of the search results
But... ?!
Quote:
By the way when I ask for help for my return of the beast project on OS4, nobody answer, os4 fans prefer just going forums.

He did not ask for help anywhere... Weird.

Last edited by Daytona675x on 12-Nov-2011 at 07:59 PM.

CritAnime 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 20:00:33
#277 ]
Cult Member

Well I have been asleep, got ready and now am back at work. what have I missed? Have people been running round in circles trying to defend cos?

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

vox 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 20:54:30
#278 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:
I&I man, hear me now. Each word you wrote is a word of hate. I do not like your hate spreading policy among community here. You don`t know anything about the C=OS but still you already took some serios time to spit onto it. Sad dude. Sad.

Can`t spit at something that didn`t exist. Just at the way it was promoted.
And remember who threw the first stone at the community.

Once you stop abusing the good Amiga name for your own profit,
this community would love you. Its not about hate per se, but being fair
to what you do / promote.

Agreed. Sad, very sad (without dude)

zerohero 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 20:59:49
#279 ]
Team Member

@thread

What a sad bunch of people some of you are. You come here and tell everyone to respect your opinion, and in the next breath you decide to hate someone else for theirs. There is one thread about C-USA, and none of you were forced to read it, much less post in it, still you managed to both post and insult each other.

Is this the best way you can spend a friday evening and the following saturday?

vox 
Posted on 12-Nov-2011 21:05:38
#280 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

Quote:

No. You are right. It`s about time to spend less time here.
It`s up to the rest of the crowd to make their own judgement.

Quote:
On COS I could do all I can on ubuntu thus all the things I cant do on amigaos.

Me too, that is why have to use Linux or MacOS X even Windows, yes.
Because of the apps more then OS itself. You could do that on Ubuntu
before COS. Its not Linux itself to be blamed, but you know here more
bad feelings is because who and why is behind the distro.

But that doesn`t mean that AmigaOS should be killed for Commodore named Linux.

Quote:

When? Haven`t noticed it. What kind of help is needed?
Only at the footer of the website, help is requested, but you haven`t
asked for it in forums, at bounty pages, wherever.

Quote:
If you are interested to help in the following areas (coding, 3D modeling/texturing/rendering/rigging, menu designer, level designer, musicians), contact us!

See that at AW.net Amiga.org people were eager to know about you pproject but your last post remained unanswered ... and it looks good. Hope you will do it anyway

Quote:
Fortunately, i have now nice team of artist outside of amiga world...

Good luck with artists, but it will be sad your Shadow of the beast won`t go AmigaOS
as promised. Don`t see what COS experience has to do with it.

Quote:
And you just make me laugh with AmigaOS heritage as it was just a small part of what amiga was. As I already said majority of ex amiga users never saw amigaos, maybe sometimes amigados command line when launching a game

Custom chipset made beautiful games possible, but for creating them, and for creativity there was both good OS and good apps. Hope some of them at least had to buy HDD and learn something. If OS was so small part of the experience, what was big? Keyboard? TV outpout? People not knowing what is behind the engine, doesn`t make engine smaller.

In the end, there is no animosity towards you: wish you all the luck with whatever choice you make. But its said to see AmigaOS user leaving it completely.

Last edited by vox on 12-Nov-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Last edited by vox on 12-Nov-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle