Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
28 crawler(s) on-line.
 48 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

kolla,  OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  58 secs ago
 kolla:  1 min ago
 Gunnar:  10 mins ago
 gryfon:  23 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 19 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  5 hrs 10 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  6 hrs 23 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  7 hrs 16 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  It's only 1 more day
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Seblam 
Re: It's only 1 more day
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:02:55
#341 ]

@Daytona675x

Yes you're right i started with what make me laugh so you cant be wrong on it
You know that human behaviour is sometime illogical
By the way my skin must be thinner but i wont comeback on my previous argumentations. I dont remember them and i am not in crusade... You agree great you disageee great as well. This just my view...
But then saying as a fact is wrong argumentation cant agree. You know the fact is that i dont consider your argumentation wrong. We dont share same amiga spirit...
It s more question of being tolerant and open minded to accept people having other views on amiga. If for some level of tolerance is low, i cant help either

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:15:23
#342 ]

@Seblam
Quote:
I dont remember them
Yeah, right, I thought so, that's why I helped you with some links. That's me: always trying to help the confused

Quote:
You know that human behaviour is sometime illogical
? It wasn't about "human behaviour" but your argumentation itself being illogical in the classical sense of true==false.

Quote:
i wont comeback on my previous argumentations
Then that's quite a weird definition of "discussion" you have... Discussion without taking into account or refering to what was previously said? Interesting idea. That explains a lot though.

Last edited by Daytona675x on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Last edited by Daytona675x on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:21:47
#343 ]

@Daytona675x

No, it's just that i dont think i could explain in a better way what i feel, at least in this language that is not my native one. And it's also question of time by the way , theres a life outside amiga, so dont take it wrong

CritAnime 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:25:44
#344 ]
Cult Member

I am surprised no one else has picked up on this but doesn't it look familiar?

Maybe a little like this

Just seems to me that in an attempt to make it look unique they made it look too much like another OS.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:29:39
#345 ]

@Seblam
Quote:
And it's also question of time by the way , theres a life outside amiga

Hm, regarding your post-count here, it doesn't look like too much life outside, I'd say Should have been more than enough time to refresh your memory regarding your previous post, but well.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:31:12
#346 ]

@Daytona675

Oh by the way, i saw that you're german. I'm french but living in Munich so if you are in the area would be happy to continue discussion around some beers...

QuikSanz 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:33:06
#347 ]

@Spirantho

Quote:

Spirantho wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks that that much blue on a screen is going to hurt your eyes after a couple of hours' coding?

It may indeed get to me after a while, so much blue I really could not tell what I was looking at, Heheh.

Chris

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:34:07
#348 ]

@daytona675

And yeah I'm not often active here on forums but this time like i take lot of fun
But i already spent way too much time here now

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:39:20
#349 ]

@Seblam
beer = switched to PM mode

number6 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:43:03
#350 ]
Elite Member

@CritAnime

Quote:
I am surprised no one else has picked up on this but doesn't it look familiar?

Tron playfield?

TheMaskedMuchacho 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 16:52:46
#351 ]

I was going to say a bit more about my thoughts on Commodore Linux but eliyahu echoed them pretty much exactly.

Some people may love it but if i were to use it for any length of time I would change the theme to something that won't give me a headache after 30 minutes, turn off a fair few of the compiz effects and uninstall a lot of the software that gets installed by default. I would in effect just be turning it back in to a default Mint install.

It seems to be all about the eye candy and while it looks pretty good it really gets in the way of usability, the colour scheme and font chosen look good but make it harder to read and the compiz effects are nearly all pointless and can get in the way of getting things done quickly (thats why most other distros don't enable them all)

Other distro's install a minimum and have themes that are tailored to be simple and easy to look at, CommodoreUSA's distro has gone in the opposite direction and throws everything at you in an explosion of blue but it's at least an option for people who want that kind of thing.

If Leo really did do all the work himself then well done to him, it's a good effort but just not for me.

I think commodreUSA would have been better not calling it commodoreOS at least just yet and just let it be known as a commodore themed Linux Mint to ship with their PCs, since that's what we (and I'm sure they) know it is, it would have created a lot less controversy but that would depend on them having something bigger and better down the line, hopefully they have and if it finally becomes something more than a skinned mint then that would be the time to announce it as CommodoreOS.

I also hope they don't think it's only us in the Amiga community judging them and laughing at their mistakes because I have heard people in the wider IT community talking about them and it seems in general they like the C64x but not the price, everything else has become a joke to most.

QuikSanz 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 17:06:25
#352 ]

@TheMaskedMuchacho,

Agreed, that being said we could still use a good up to date Linux for our PPC machines. I guess pretty much impossible for the old A1's.

Chris

TheDaddy 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 17:18:31
#353 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

>>I agree with you but i never said CUSA is new commodore or amiga,

That is IT you have given yourself an answer. I am against the people who portray and present a Linux distro (for as much as a "polished", pimped up as it can be) as the new Amiga. I have nothing against you.

The only thing that they have is a name. It could as well be Coca Cola or Shell or Land Rover. It's just that. A name, some letters.

I am sorting out a new Linux distro and it's called AtariOS. It comes with 4GB of backdrops, logos and some Atari games. It runs on a generic pc. Is it an Atari?

cgutjahr 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 17:27:54
#354 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

C64 ROMs are public-domain at this point

No they're not, it's just that nobody's persecuting copyright violators in that particular case - which is why the ROMs are included with the downloads of the Windows version of VICE, but not with the Linux builds.

CUSA doesn't care much about copyright, they've demonstrated that repeatedly. Not everything they include on these DVDs is neccessarily freely distributable, let alone licensed to them.

Quote:

whoa. mea culpa, guys. the cloanto ROMs are not included on the public DVDs. my mistake all around.

What exactly *is* included? Amiga Forever is more than just UAE + legal ROMs, can you verify if any content owned by Cloanto is actually on the disk, or is it just an UAE build and some games?

I'd appreciate a directory listing of the relevant dir(s), to get an impression of what kind of Amiga content they managed to assemble.

Seblam 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 17:34:19
#355 ]

@TheDaddy

No it wont be an atari in purists terms but make it very music editing orientated (latest iteration of Cubase is on PC by the way) and then you could say atari inspired. Today is all about rebadging like your Lancia example. This is the only way for some brands to survive.
I have one question for everybody, if OS4, MOS, AROS development was completely stop, which platform would you go, for fun I mean ??

Last edited by Seblam on 13-Nov-2011 at 06:03 PM.

TiredofLife 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 18:02:49
#356 ]

@Seblam

[quote]
Seblam wrote:
@TheDaddy

No it wont be an atari in purists terms but make it very music editing orientated, and then you could say atari inspired. Today is all about rebadging like your Lancia example. This is the only way for some brands to survive.
I have one question for everybody, if OS4, MOS, AROS development was completely stop, which platform would you go, for fun I mean ??

[/quote

That would be the end of fun and time for us all to go back to living in the sea .

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 18:04:27
#357 ]

@Seblam

CommodoreOS XL

Available 12.12.2012 12:12pm

AP 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 18:12:42
#358 ]
Cult Member

@Seblam: MacOSX. Its not perfect, but still fun to use and I already do most of my creative work with it (editing videos, painting etc.).

Hisoka999 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 18:14:39
#359 ]

I tried the os in virtual box and created a small review.
http://devel.silver-boards.com/2011/11/commodoreos-vision-review/

AP 
Posted on 13-Nov-2011 18:16:41
#360 ]
Cult Member

"CommodoreOS" ist just what I already expected: A Linux-Distro wit Wallpaper. NOt really interesting for me.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle