Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 86 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

AMIGASYSTEM

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 mins ago
 Lou:  7 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  14 mins ago
 kolla:  32 mins ago
 outlawal2:  54 mins ago
 Chris_Y:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
PhantomInterrogative 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 15:02:35
#101 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

Would you prefer alfredo, red sauce, or pesto?

Last edited by PhantomInterrogative on 04-Jun-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 15:05:32
#102 ]
Elite Member

@PhantomInterrogative

pesto sounds good

AmigaOneProductions 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 15:13:23
#103 ]
Cult Member

I bet simon's loving this, being talked about as much as this, it's one way of raising your profile, if you did not know who is was, you certainly do now. Well done Simon

I wish I had thought of it first, 'spouse it's too late know for me to say that anyone that uses an Amiga is a complete and utter nutcase

See you at the next event m8

Mikey_C 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 21:11:40
#104 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Yeah, I could, but to be honest, I am so bored with all of this now. I just can't be bothered anymore. I find my Amiga is off for more days than on now, by a large margin. I just can't be arsed much with it.

I am very jaded Amigawise.

Swoop 
Posted on 5-Jun-2012 17:42:25
#105 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

I am surprised everyone assumes Amiga Fan is a posting by Simon himself.

The original posting, on Hyperions support forum is certainly by Simon, but to me the posting on Computerworld is someone trying to stir up trouble.
The posting is a cut'n'paste of his original post, as per the link.
If Simon was posting he wouldn't have done a cut'n'paste he would have said it in how he felt at the time of posting.

Simon is the sort of person who doesn't suffer fools lightly, if he thinks you're an idiot he'll probably tell you so. Having said that he has also helped a lot of people along the way. He has attended quite a few Amiga events and always been willing to share his expertise, with newbies and programmers alike.

At the end of the day Simon's beef is with someone at Hyperion, and no one else so why oh why do we have six pages on the subject.

And Mikey usage of your Amiga should depend on how useful it is to you, not some drivel posted on an Amiga forum.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

PhantomInterrogative 
Posted on 5-Jun-2012 20:03:40
#106 ]
Cult Member

@thread

Every time I hear about the ever shrinking community, the state of development, the lack of programmers, etc., I remind myself of a speech given at ADAMcon 7 back in 1995. The speech gives quite a bit of perspective that both Amiga users and developers need if the platform is to continue.

gopherproxy.meulie.net/sdf.org/0/computers/historical/adam.tx

Last edited by PhantomInterrogative on 05-Jun-2012 at 08:04 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 5-Jun-2012 22:30:00
#107 ]
Elite Member

@PhantomInterrogative

What is it about? I looked short on the text but did not understand what is the connection to Amiga.

What is needed are simply more users, more developers and a kind of plan or strategy how the AOS or Morphos are different compared to the mainstream-platforms (including Unix) and why use it and how the strategy is in this world with more and more different platforms and devices (f.e. Android based devices) so that there are opportunities (bigger userbase) in the future. Very simple. As long as there are no serious answers to these questions there will be no chance to win more developers and users.

fishy_fis 
Posted on 6-Jun-2012 3:41:46
#108 ]
Elite Member

This community takes itself way too seriously. One of its biggest problems in my opinion. Everyone's looking for "the answer" when there isnt one. Just enjoy your hobby and the nonsense melts away. The less nonsense the more enjoyment, ergo productivity. Unfortunately too few people seem to really enjoy thier machines so things go in circles. Heck by now even the circles are going in circles.

As for Rigo, I dont know the man, but the rumor mill suggests the money he loaned out was used for one of the key OS4.x developers to have an operation to turn themselves into a hermaphrodite. The money was to be repaid promptly, but it turns out the demand for hermaphrodite call-girl-boys was over-estimated.

Rob 
Posted on 6-Jun-2012 11:31:34
#109 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

Oops. Looks like you forgot to post on moo via an anonymous proxy.

damocles 
Posted on 6-Jun-2012 11:49:03
#110 ]

@Rob

Quote:
Oops. Looks like you forgot to post on moo via an anonymous proxy.

Sounds like you are a real expert on those two subjects.

zerohero 
Posted on 6-Jun-2012 11:54:52
#111 ]
Team Member

@thread

I think this thread has run its course then. Locked!

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle