Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  7 mins ago
 Gunnar:  8 mins ago
 outlawal2:  14 mins ago
 Rob:  26 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  27 mins ago
 Lou:  36 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  37 mins ago
 OlafS25:  43 mins ago
 Chris_Y:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
samo79 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 13:38:40
#41 ]
Elite Member

Surely Amiga community in general became like a soap opera after all that years of waiting, real problem is just all that crapo talks for nothings, trolling or not trolling many "users" just talk and speculate for nothing but almost never use the system for real anymore but they like to add his melodrama to an already difficult situation ...

People that really use the system in general just use it and try to help out or develop somethings concrete like in any other small or not small IT community, instead Amiga community is divided in factions, crap useless retrogamers, always hatred and full of fanboys ..

It's not a mistery that the best forum to talk and help in general are only some specific area of this community such the dev forums, certain part of Amigans.net (when we talk about development in general) AROS-Exec forum (mostly with ppls that talk about technical things) or certain section of the MorphOS development

So yes in my opinion the "real community" are that, only some people that in a way or another will use his system and try to help out, all the rest is only a damage ..

Then of course even the current holders of the Amiga's development have their faults and responsabiity, this for sure but the day when they will go than the entire Amiga will dies

Would be nice if one day the Amiga community would look like other small but industrious community, look at the Haiku world for example ..

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

Profile     Report this post  
Framiga 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 13:48:53
#42 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Quote:
but 50% of this community should die in pain, thats for sure

i will leave to the moderators, to decide about this "bit"

cgutjahr 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 14:14:35
#43 ]
Cult Member

@kas1e

Quote:

Even girls and old womans do not discuss such a soap opereas, and do not make fuzz from nothing.

Like wishing someone would "die in pain" because of something he wrote on an internet forum?

Quote:

I for myself hate amiga community as well.

Of course, but at least you have really valid reasons for your hatred, while the others are just insane, trolling assholes.

I'm so glad we have a sane person like you to inform us about our mental disorder.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 14:25:57
#44 ]

@kas1e

However, you should be fair and condemn also the company that fed this type of "fanboyism" aka users masturbating over broken and beta AOS versions for ten years.

Rob 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 16:12:35
#45 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

It really sucks that some people only seem to see the negatives. Simon Archer has developed touch screen drivers for OS4, AmiUpdate and CodeBench amongst other things but people only seem to want to remember Rigo the man who said something nasty once. Why are they surprised when people get pi$$ed off with them.

By the way I've spoken to Simon at one of the Amiga shows I've been at and he was friendly and helpful and seemed a genuinely decent bloke.

Last edited by Rob on 02-Jun-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 16:28:19
#46 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Yes, Simon is a nice chap, and if he's had a bad day and posted something he perhaps shouldn't have done on a forum, it doesn't change that.

However, I would say that anybody who lends money to any company should not be expecting to see it again. If a company is requesting money from individuals like some sort of charity, they are obviously in financial difficulty. The chances of it ever being paid back is minimal. As an extra aside, I would trust Amiga-related companies least of all!

fishy_fis 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:05:50
#47 ]
Elite Member

OH MY GOD!! Someone, call the police, there's a devloper who's discontent!!! Discontent I tell you! Its a freaking tragedy, how will we survive?

Seriously though it's no big deal so far as Im concerned. Individual has problems with parent company,.... its hardly a first.

Wake me when something interesting happens. Developer grows gills and 6 breasts,..... now that's a meeting Id go to.

Last edited by fishy_fis on 02-Jun-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Last edited by fishy_fis on 02-Jun-2012 at 05:14 PM.

scabit 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:10:14
#48 ]

@ShadowSun

I think part of the issue is that Amigans are so fierce and emotional about their favorite computer - be it Classic, AmigaOne, Aros or Genesi. You have to figure, the only die hard Amigans left have been distilled down to the MOST intensely focused group left - that is why we remain Amigans!
So why would we not expect to see a lot of heated tempers and emotional disputes among and between the remaining core groups of Amiga followers?
Hey - lets just enjoy our computer of choice and take it easy everyone! Simon has developed some great stuff for the Amiga and I hope he has not become too tainted by whatever happened to toss his machine into the trash and start saluting the Microsoft flag!

Scott

Last edited by scabit on 02-Jun-2012 at 05:11 PM.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:12:35
#49 ]

@fishy_fis

so is Hyperion financing AmigaOS development by "borrowing" money from AOS devs? That would be crazy if true, especially if they're not paying it back...

fishy_fis 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:29:38
#50 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

No idea, but that seems to be the suggested idea.
Cant say I really care either way, it's nothing to do with me and doesnt change my interest or fun in any way, shape, or form.

As I said already, wake me when something interesting happens. Things involving deformities, breasts, or zombies would qualify.

xeron 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:42:26
#51 ]
Elite Member
From: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

@WolfToTheMoon

Hyperion haven't borrowed any money from me, or asked for any. I don't know the specifics of Simon's situation, though.

ChrisH 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 17:52:58
#52 ]
Elite Member

@Cool_amigaN Quote:
You would have spotted the news already, if you browsed moobunny regularly.

The problem with reading the moo (if you can get past the truely nasty language used) is that you have no way of knowing if it is true, or whether it is the ravings of some loony (in general a very high chance it is the latter IMHO).

However, as the moo seems to mainly attract people with a real hatred of anything Amiga (of one or all flavours), it does say something about people who admit to reading it

Franko 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 18:04:37
#53 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:

The problem with reading the moo (if you can get past the truely nasty language used) is that you have no way of knowing if it is true, or whether it is the ravings of some loony (in general a very high chance it is the latter IMHO).

However, as the moo seems to mainly attract people with a real hatred of anything Amiga (of one or all flavours), it does say something about people who admit to reading it

And to be able to judge what is said on moo you have to read it in the first place to make such a well informed opinion, so which category do you put yourself in...

ChrisH 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 18:24:06
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Franko
I read the moo a few times, but I do not read it regularly, and especially do not bother these days. (Sigh, why on earth do I have to explain something so obvious? Either you think I am stupid & cannot be bothered to work out an alternative (more likely) explanation, or else you are just trying to wind me up.)

Last edited by ChrisH on 02-Jun-2012 at 06:25 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 18:25:43
#55 ]
Team Member

@realize

Quote:
And you guys wondered why I got banned and post locked so many times?

For the last 6 or 7 years you have never been restricted for speaking the truth, but for breaking our ToS.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

fishy_fis 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 18:34:05
#56 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Actually I read Franko's response as nothing but tongue in cheek.
I thought it was pretty obvious.

Franko 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 18:45:35
#57 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Franko
I read the moo a few times, but I do not read it regularly, and especially do not bother these days. (Sigh, why on earth do I have to explain something so obvious? Either you think I am stupid & cannot be bothered to work out an alternative (more likely) explanation, or else you are just trying to wind me up.)

Sigh... at least Fishy gets it...

ddni 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 21:09:14
#58 ]
Cult Member

For anyone who does not know Rigo, here he is introducing AmigaOS 4.1 update 1 a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4219617ED00C718D&feature=plcp

realize 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 21:59:49
#59 ]

@zerohero

Quote:
For the last 6 or 7 years you have never been restricted for speaking the truth, but for breaking our ToS.

Hmm not really factual. I got banned in 2004 for saying bad things about Amiga inc and Bill McEwen. (funny that you guys all hate him now) and thats just one occasion. Back then, I was banned for speaking truth all the time. Things have gotten a lot better here as people have woken up to an extent.

zerohero 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 22:03:29
#60 ]
Team Member

@realize

Quote:
I got banned in 2004

Seriously... Did you not read what I wrote?

Quote:
For the last 6 or 7 years

This is when I and AmiGR joined the crew, to my knowledge no one has been banned for speaking the truth since then... 2004 is 8 years ago...

So yes, it was very factual.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle