Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 75 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 jacadcaps:  10 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  12 mins ago
 matthey:  16 mins ago
 Frank:  48 mins ago
 amigakit:  55 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 K-L:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 Marcian:  2 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  99% done 1st theme and follows 7 more... need help
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
wawa 
Re: 99% done 1st theme and follows 7 more... need help
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 11:21:56
#61 ]
Elite Member

any progress on the subject anyway?

Profile     Report this post  
djnick 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 11:57:26
#62 ]
Cult Member

@wawa

Well at least I supposed to release first bunch of wallpapers here:

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=graphics/misc/djnick-hd_wallpapers_01.zip

I didn`t find in the uploading window where to upload / show snapshots, but at least this is where are they present for the moment:

http://www.amiga-look.org/

For the theme - still lots of problems - when replace all AmigaOS: with Sys: - still can`t reload theme. Now I am again very busy with few other projects but I will continue "playing" this weekend or end of the week.

Hondo 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 15:54:05
#63 ]

@djnick

You're absolutely right about the things you pointed out in post 40. I like most of your themes, but would like a little bit less amiga os 4 bla bla text, and mostly just a single boing ball or maybe even no logos.

If text or logos are used they should really really be totally integrated in the artwork/drawing.

Thanks a lot for your hard work. It looks beautiful djnick

Last edited by Hondo on 09-Apr-2013 at 04:00 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 15:39:06
#64 ]
Elite Member

@djnick

i answer here because i do not want to derail another thread further:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6721&start=80
Quote:
Ok guys, lets stop talking more than what is needed to hear. I am and was always for action! So here is my straight question: - WHO will want to HELP ME and create me a ******* script to install and remove / revert back skinned file[s]? It would mean - give me e-mail, I am sending you what I;'ve done. Then you look at scripts, do changes and revert back so my theme is called - Nick's First Theme-like name. And if it works - I will happily export the rest of the themes I've created. When I do design, I don't do code. I am NOT interested in code. To me it is waste of [my] time. So lets focus on HELPING ME with code. Skinning is easiest part [to me]. Implementing skin to "work" [as any other skins] needs hard coding. It is not easy to me and I really don`t have that time to keep investigating what to change, where and forced to use CED that I really don`t like... where you are forced to MARK a word - click CTRL+B to start marking and CTRL+something to END marking. Then CTRL+C does not work so I have to find Right Amiga Key on multimedia keyboard on Amiga [!?] and then pray if selected word will be copied to buffer. And then pray when hit [after I find] RightAmiga key + V to Paste word... It is just more than annoying. To make bottom word: - When I design skin - I never code. Remember that. I send sliced files to "programmer" and he implements that in: application, web site, program... what ever. If system is more friendly, I will do it 12 months ago.

somehow i must wonder about the actual interest of os4 users in your skins. if i was an active user, hell, if i had up to date os4 setup with skinning capabilities at my disposal id already try to help you. im puzzled why none does.

now, i have downloaded sliver blue theme linked above. a theme cosists of clearly named drectories containing usualy "default" files for appropriate elements of the skin, very much in accordance how the aros theme is built. the "default" files are simple pngs, i can view and edit on my pc after i added a "*.png" suffix to the file name. after renaming it back to what it was, the skin element should again be accesible by os4/aros/(morphos?) skinning system.

also "config" file on both systems sonsists of almost the same set of variables, to set window border size and the like. no need of programming here btw. the difference is, aros system contains less skin elements and settings as it seems, but the elements as such and the basics seem all the same.

my proposal is, to use aros to set up and finetune most of the skin. i can guide you where youll find problems or we will find other people to help where i ll get stuck. i can probably even contribute to design if need be.

as many skinning bugs demand a finetuning element for element, aros is just the most convinient solution, as it may run hosted on your pc. either hosted on windows or other os, or under winuae. there is no problems setting up anything and the file system is accessible from under windows, which allows you to replace and edit element for element, without every time carrying data between different machines or even restarting them (if this is necessary?).

in such a case your work would likely contribute to the whole community (even morphos btw), so it would be a true cooperation. what do you think?

Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 03:42 PM.

djnick 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 16:17:16
#65 ]
Cult Member

Thank you Wava

I will see just a little bit later and check out what I can do. I believe I am very close. :) I will let you know later.

wawa 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 16:31:37
#66 ]
Elite Member

@djnick

im having a show in copenhagen the weekend and will not be in my studio for the rest of the week, but may read the forum in between in case there is something i can assist with.

Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 04:31 PM.

vox 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 17:18:47
#67 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
im having a show in copenhagen the weekend and will not be in my studio for the rest of the week, but may read the forum in between in case there is something i can assist with.

Thank you wawa for constructive approach. DJ Nick will surely deliver some nice themes now, and its time to be positive about it. Learning "how-to" will bring more in the future.

wawa 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 17:33:52
#68 ]
Elite Member

@vox

you know what? it didnt cost me 5 minutes to check that out. nothing you or anybody else here couldnt do himself. just saying.

Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 05:35 PM.

vox 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 17:40:31
#69 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
you know what? it didnt cost me 5 minutes to check that out. nothing you or anybody else here couldnt do himself.

Today with google and tools it seems that everyone can do almost everything.
But again, its who does something and present it to others, so thanks again.

As title suggests, themes are ready as graphics, but its just last step to properly implement it.

When looking on subject only two general tutorials appeared.

Intution base

Tonys Amitheme manual

wawa 
Posted on 10-Apr-2013 17:51:23
#70 ]
Elite Member

@vox
Quote:
Today with google and tools it seems that everyone can do almost everything.

you just have to have a little will, take a little time and look. i suspected from the very beginning the skin were just png files until os4 users told me otherwise. now i checked and it seems i was right.

Quote:
As title suggests, themes are ready as graphics, but its just last step to properly implement it.

its not like you just cut the pieces out of the mockup and you have your skin. gadgets overimpose using alpha channel. however if djnick dont succeed i can really take a look myself.

Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 10-Apr-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle