Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 108 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  17 mins ago
 matthey:  29 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 hardwaretech:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 22 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 Mgwl:  3 hrs 6 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  A1222 production now underway!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: A1222 production now underway!
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 7:54:25
#261 ]
Elite Member

@ppcamiga1

Quote:
Only Amiga NG was (partial) success.
faster and more comfortable than 68k but still compatible.
with everything that was standard around 2001.

So what is it?

1) A success because circa 1500 users are 'more comfortable' trying to make AmigaNG machines a daily driver with circa 2001 era tech and features (your words).

2) A partial success, because at least your happy that your catered for at great expense from A-EON, Eyetech, etc.

3) A footnote in Amiga history with most people preferring to 'dabble' with 68k!

Profile     Report this post  
V8 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 10:26:07
#262 ]

@ppcamiga1

Quote:
When I read some clowns that have problem with Amiga NG I remind year 1996.

1996 was a pretty good year. Not as good as 1984 which is when I got my Sinclair Spectrum 48k that I still treasure as one of the most influential and life changing pieces of my teenage years.

I still keep the Spectrum, though modded and upgraded, but it is still my spectrum and I cherish it.

Quote:
In 1996 I sell my Amiga because it was not as fast and as good to work as cheap pc with win95.

Sorry to hear that. Do you regret selling it? Pre-spectrum I sold some earlier game consoles I was not using. I regret selling them every day.

Quote:
27 years later pure 68k solutions are still not as fast and as good to work as cheap pc with win95.

Why is this an issue? Sure my A500 is not as fast as my VERY fast pc. Why is that a surprise or an issue?
My A500 plays sensible soccer perfectly with me and my friends. Why does it need to be as fast as my PC?
I just want to tweak and mod my REAL Amiga and play games like sensible soccer or silkworm. What is wrong with that?

Quote:
27 years later x86/arm followers still has not working Amiga gui clone.

Why is this an issue? For retro fans, what is wrong with just keep using the same UI as from KS 1.3 ? Why do I need a clone? My A500 boots into KS1.3 and runs the genuine KS1.3 UI that Commodore wrote. What is wrong with that?

Quote:
Only Amiga NG was (partial) success.

It is a dead OS running on a dead ISA with no meaningful software library. How is this a success?
Even fucking sinclair spectrum has more sw titles released for it in 2023 than os4. How do you measure success? Genuine question.

Can you even understand that some people LIKE the old commodore computers and have no interest in buying some weird-ass PPC machine?
Can you even understand that there are people that love their A500s for what it is?
This is the issue with so many os4 folks. They refuse to accept that we like the old retro machines for what they are and we play with them.

Aros people are not like that, MOS people are not like that, it seems to only be OS4 people that are like that. Please dial down the amount of retard you show in team os4, please.

outlawal2 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 17:03:18
#263 ]

And exactly what does the above posts have to do with the A1222 being in Production?

Can we focus a bit here and stop dredging up decades old crap that has been hashed and rehashed a hundred times?

What say we keep focused on the A1222 being in Production so that those individuals that are interested in the A1222 can have some USEFUL INFORMATION.

Thanks!

pixie 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 18:00:34
#264 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

It says about the lack of interest of A1222, I guess...

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 18:48:47
#265 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Well, they are really interested in derailing the topic, perhaps they are worried A1222 is good product compared to what they think community should be buying.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 20-Jul-2023 at 06:49 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 18:58:07
#266 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

Hmmmm, good point. Let's discuss the production line.

1) How many motherboards can the robots populate with ICs a minute?
2) What speed does the conveyor belt move at?
3) Have they got a Kan-Ban system for the resistors and capacitors etc?
4) Are the FPU-less CPUs under 24 hour guard to avoid catastrophic under production?
5)Have the Early Adopters been flown out for a VIP tour of the factory? Yes, this is far more fun!

outlawal2 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 19:16:17
#267 ]

Is it such a difficult concept to keep the thread for USEFUL information?

Multiple pages of bitching about how you don't like the product does nothing for the folks that are interested in it.

Do you guys have a condition that precludes you from just scrolling thru and NOT adding Bullshit?

It has been about a DECADE now so you have had plenty of time to whine about how much you hate the A1222 and why.

And this is great, and there are COUNTLESS EFFING THREADS dedicated to the whining about it so if you all feel a crushing NEED to continue talking crap please select one of THOSE other threads please.

Again, maybe keep this thread clean so useful information about the A1222 release can be posted
Thanks

BigD 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 19:41:07
#268 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

No one has any information to share mate! There's no release date, no case design, no software bundle and quite frankly no buzz or hype for the thing! That's not my fault! You can't love something that you don't understand!
So.....
Q. Why should we by this thing?

Is that too much to ask Mr self-appointed A-EON, AAA Belgium Brexit-necessitated-shell-corporation and Cloanto spokesman/marketing executive? Sorry if I expect too much!

"When it's done!" - mode initiated....
.....Yay, a piece of plastic, silicon and wires promised in 2014 is getting made and you can run "Show All Files> Clean up by column> Snapshot All" emulator with 100% less floating-point arithmetic performance!

pixie 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 21:09:24
#269 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

Quote:

And yet here we are, not adding nothing to thread but what each consider relevant to each own.

BigD has very valid point too...

BigD 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 21:25:25
#270 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Cheers! Wasn't there a video of the production line when they started production of THEA500 Mini?! That was fun! Wasn't there a teaser website prior to the X1000 release! That was fun!

Now I don't like benchmarks but heck we need some sort of indication that it will be worth the increase in RRP following the delays, inflation and redesign etc! I haven't even seen the Parachute "isolate, trap and emulate" FPU implementation in action! Has anyone got a good example? Maybe a Sam 460LE head to head video?

eliyahu 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 23:22:28
#271 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Now I don't like benchmarks but heck we need some sort of indication that it will be worth the increase in RRP following the delays, inflation and redesign etc! I haven't even seen the Parachute "isolate, trap and emulate" FPU implementation in action! Has anyone got a good example? Maybe a Sam 460LE head to head video?

There are a couple of YouTube videos that show the A1222 in action. There's my demonstration at AmiWest 2021 (link) and even one from six years ago from Entwickler-X (link). My guide has plenty of descriptions of what the A1222 is like. I'm sure you can find plenty of information on the system if you look.

-- eliyahu

BigD 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 23:34:00
#272 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

That's not how marketing works! It's a hobby and it seems like an expensive headache if it's not clear that it is otherwise! If A-EON expect the community to market this for them, I'd say that's a mistake!

Rob 
Posted on 20-Jul-2023 23:58:38
#273 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
That's not how marketing works! It's a hobby and it seems like an expensive headache if it's not clear that it is otherwise! If A-EON expect the community to market this for them, I'd say that's a mistake!

I'm sure most people interested in the hardware would rather see it available to buy than more marketing fluff.

redfox 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 1:30:36
#274 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

I applaud your efforts. I am actually interested in this system as a possible companion for my existing ancient OS4 system.

redfox

Last edited by redfox on 21-Jul-2023 at 04:16 AM.

redfox 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 1:37:08
#275 ]
Elite Member

Deleted comment.

Last edited by redfox on 21-Jul-2023 at 04:24 AM.
Last edited by redfox on 21-Jul-2023 at 04:18 AM.

agami 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 2:05:10
#276 ]

@outlawal2

Quote:
outlawal2 wrote:

No one is stopping USEFUL information from flowing into this forum thread.

How about this. You let us know when some if it comes in. You can start the the post with an ALL-CAPS banner of !!!-----A1222 USEFUL INFORMATION-----!!! and that way none of us will miss it.

Quote:
Multiple pages of bitching about how you don't like the product does nothing for the folks that are interested in it.

Incorrect. It is meant to inform the potential buyer of both sides of their upcoming "investment". Not everyone is a die-hard, take-my-money, A-EON + Hyperion loyalist.

Quote:
Do you guys have a condition that precludes you from just scrolling thru and NOT adding Bullshit?

Absolutely not. I think I should get a medal for the amount of schlock I scroll past in every thread. Ignoring most of @ppcamiga1 posts merits a special award.

Quote:
It has been about a DECADE now so you have had plenty of time to whine about how much you hate the A1222 and why.

It's been 7+ decades since the end of WWII and I think it's still socially acceptable to whine about the Nazis.

And you can't really blame us. It's this constant stream of updates about the project. I mean, a video 6 years ago and one 2 years ago. I know that kind of breakneck media cycle is hard to handle, but we take our heart pills and we press on.

Quote:
And this is great, and there are COUNTLESS EFFING THREADS dedicated to the whining about it so if you all feel a crushing NEED to continue talking crap please select one of THOSE other threads please.

Really? There are threads "dedicated" to whining about the A1222?

Anyway, don't look at us. We aren't the ones who created a new thread from a kernel of news with knowing uncertainty as to the frequency of any follow-up "useful" information.
@eliyahu could've found that 2021 thread and posted the "breaking news" update there.

Quote:
Again, maybe keep this thread clean so useful information about the A1222 release can be posted
Thanks

No... I think I'll continue to contribute to this conversation thread.

And you're welcome.

PR 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 2:28:24
#277 ]

In work just to power up fastly, open net , pay bills , print. Some investment to work. Secure codes without viruses or troijans. Reality.

Maybe some Deluxe Galaga , Deluxe Paint and You know.

Tens of thousands spent on Amigas. (many left for hobby, few new A1200's from Pedro)

Win7 does everything, even find the pictures + download from Nokia phone. Still Hate pc;)

If sometimes from -87 (?;) for retirement times an easy and quite simple needed, I would buy in a second. (new phones also no go then, don't like touch screens...)

Just a Dream and no fighting. There came a new shop from old Gentle-eye in Finland.

100% Respect from old stock & new stuff. http://www.amigarage.fi

Maybe in English someday.

Please be nice, Amy Dream alive as it was .

Remember when computing was fun;)

PR is a living advert for a long time user + hobbyist. Really was fun. Waiting.

If You fight I'll take a ticket for You and warm the Sauna to 85-100C , Then we can talk business seriously , Please make it happen.

Amiga Magia

Best Regards, PR

Hans 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 4:19:44
#278 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

Quote:
And exactly what does the above posts have to do with the A1222 being in Production?

Nothing.

Why all the bitching, arguing, and trolling each other? It would be awfully quiet here otherwise. Reminds me of a Canadian Sitcom called Corner gas; specifically this clip.

Hans

Hammer 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 4:32:39
#279 ]
Elite Member

@outlawal2

Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:

Can we focus a bit here and stop dredging up decades old crap that has been hashed and rehashed a hundred times?

What say we keep focused on the A1222 being in Production so that those individuals that are interested in the A1222 can have some USEFUL INFORMATION.

Thanks!

PowerPC e500v2's selection is an easy target for technical-related debate.

Amiga4000 
Posted on 21-Jul-2023 4:35:34
#280 ]

@Hans

I LOVE THAT SHOW! 😎

Especially Oscar!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle