Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 84 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 jacadcaps:  8 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  10 mins ago
 matthey:  14 mins ago
 Frank:  46 mins ago
 amigakit:  53 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 K-L:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 Marcian:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
pixie 
Re: Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Posted on 12-Feb-2024 17:25:58
#61 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Quote:
We like our village crazies here, it would be quite boring without them. We handle "con mans" (sic) just fine without any moderation (which is something you actually benefit from!)

Profile     Report this post  
Hammer 
Re: Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 5:02:31
#62 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Well I hoped to avoid this.
But if you really demand me to be specific.

You Hammer, I don't think you are a conman.
but I have the impression that you have the habit of posting great amount of random "googled" wisdom about Intel CPUs in an Amiga forum.

For the record, I dislike Intel CPUs. That's your assumption.

I used X86 (with a bias towards AMD) microarchitecture examples for my arguments since I know them. Since 2013, game consoles have AMD CPUs and it's my current baseline.

Personality-based debates don't change Amiga's situation.

Quote:

Your posts appear often "out of context", and this gives me the impression that you not understand much of what you post - but post random wikipedia content that you find online.

Again, that's not specific.

You repeatedly marketed "four instructions per cycle" with your AC68080 which is nearly meaningless without revealing pipelines behind it. Look in the mirror.

Any creditable CPU vendor has a proper presentation as shown in the Hot Chips conference (https://hotchips.org).

Quote:

I have the impression that Cesare Di Mauro, is a con man and a liar.
Cesare tries to impress people with a "fake history" of things that he did.
Cesare Di Mauro brags with "imagined inventions" of him.
As you all know he even made a hoax Amiga website where he advertised an new Amiga that he "invented".

Cesare Di Mauro's Tina proposal was no better than Phase 5's A/Box proposal featured in British Amiga magazines.

http://www.bambi-amiga.co.uk/amigahistory/boxphase.html
I still remember Phase 5's A/Box "128-bit" bus marketing. A/Box is vaporware for the most part.

The proposal aims to judge the interest level before committing further investments.

PC world's 128-bit memory bus (two 64-bit memory controllers) was reached with NVIDIA's 2001 released nForce and the original Xbox.

Phase 5's A/Box is similar to NVIDIA's nForce with a 64-bit front-side bus PowerPC CPU.
The UMA 128-bit bus is useful for integrated graphics.

kolla 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 5:06:41
#63 ]
Elite Member

@matthey

Gunnar has retreated to his own asylum for now, where he can rest in comfort of his own entourage. Is that website also run by MEGA?

http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=4&note=40539

Hammer 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 5:14:00
#64 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@Karlos

Ok, maybe this is a good opportunity to go back to the original question of this thread.

Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk?
Is this not a big shame for Amiga?

The question could be extended with your post and ask is it good for an Amiga forum to give people a platform with:
Quote:
Schizophrenia, autism, bipolar, depression, split personality, all manner of delusional fantasism, the list goes on.

The question is for me persona a serious topic. While I feel sorry for all crazy people.

But at the same time, for me regard "Amiga" is a passion of love.
My goal is revive Amiga and maybe you know that I spend a lot of time teaching Amiga coding, and helping people that want to become developers and giving Amiga fans a new good option for a free OS.

I seriously wonder if "a wild west" forum without any moderation is really helping ..
Or if it would be much better for communication and sanity of the forum if known con mans would be moderated.

The problem is the 68K CPU was Motorola's toy, not Commodore's.

The official Commodore direction is C= PA-RISC CPU implementation, C= implemented RTG 3D accelerator with OpenGL compliance, and C= A1200 "on a chip".

NG Amiga and Vampire standalone are the extremes at both ends, not the middle ground.

Last edited by Hammer on 13-Feb-2024 at 05:17 AM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 6:06:32
#65 ]
Elite Member

@Hammer

Quote:

Hammer wrote:

Cesare Di Mauro's Tina proposal was no better than Phase 5's A/Box proposal featured in British Amiga magazines.

Another proof, again, that you do NOT read what people write. On the other thread there's PLENTY of information about the project, my role, and what I did.

Read: I did my homework and pretty well. Everything technical of my duties was on Olaf's forum (http://amigacoding.de), where not only me, but even Gunnar, Matt, and some other 68k/Amiga technical experts had a lot of discussions and brainstormings.

BTW, it was also there that the first time where I've mathematically proved that the packed/chunky graphics was always better than the planar one, and precisely to Gunnar which was skeptical and didn't believe that it was possible. But he changed his mind when I've shown it.

Unfortunately Olaf decided to shutdown his site, not giving the chance to make a dump of the most interesting threads, and now everything is lost (web archive only reports some pages of the forum's index).

Gunnar 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 7:52:48
#66 ]

@Hammer

Quote:
http://www.bambi-amiga.co.uk/amigahistory/boxphase.html I still remember Phase 5's A/Box "128-bit" bus marketing. A/Box is vaporware for the most part.

Where do you know this?
Dont make accusations if you dont know the story.

Phase5 did work on many project that you might not have seen.
For example the Phase5 did develop a dual CPU IBM PowerPC G5 970 computer for IBM.
I know this and I have used this system they have developed.
IBM did outsource the development of the PPC system because we ran short on people at this time.

The Phase 5 did a lot stuff which not came to market. There can be different reasons for product not coming to market. And you will know products like the PEGASOS and EFIKA are also system that Phase5 developers did develop.

Gunnar 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 7:59:05
#67 ]

@cdimauro

Quote:
Read: I did my homework and pretty well. Everything technical of my duties was on Olaf's forum (http://amigacoding.de), where not only me, but even Gunnar, Matt, and some other 68k/Amiga technical experts had a lot of discussions and brainstormings.

you really believe this?

If you ask a question and I explain you stuff - then you think this is brainstorming together?

cdimauro 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 8:16:06
#68 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:

you really believe this?

If you ask a question and I explain you stuff - then you think this is brainstorming together?

That's wasn't the case, and you know it.

Unfortunately Olaf made a big damage by completely hiding his forum, because there was clear proof of that, as well as of things that you said and you completely changed your mind after.

Anyway, I don't take lessons by someone that doesn't even know the difference between a SIMD/packed and a Vector unit...

Gunnar 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 9:28:06
#69 ]

@cdimauro

Cesare: Quote:
but even Gunnar, Matt, and some other 68k/Amiga technical experts had a lot of discussions and brainstormings

Gunnar:
Quote:

we did not brain storm

Cesare:
Quote:
precisely to Gunnar which was skeptical and didn't believe that it was possible. But he changed his mind when I've shown it.

Cesare: you fantasize!

If I go to a Formula 1 race, and talk there to a Ferrari Engineer.
And I tell him to that make the next Ferrari race car faster,
and the Ferrari engineers answers: "Thank you for the proposal sir, we will certainly do this".

This is not brain storming.
This is one guy talking shit, and one guy being polite.

I see my mistake now: Sorry that gave you a false impression.

To make this clear: I'm not brain storming with anyone here.
I'm always happy to explain technical details.
I'm happy to help people to learn coding on Amiga.

I'm not interested in yours or Matthey feedback.
Feedback of people without expert coding or expert chip design knowledge is not in anyway helpful.

I can help you understand how the Amiga chipset is designed and why certain things are like they are.
I can help you understand how 68K CPU are working in detail or how several PowerPC are designed in detail.

Last edited by Gunnar on 13-Feb-2024 at 10:03 AM.

roar 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 10:26:16
#70 ]

@kolla

Then you should put a disclaimer on the main page that you have lots of people with mental illness here and what you read most likely is not true. You are spreading misinformation and borderline deformation. there will be people that believe the non sense and its not fair they do not know its written by mad men. .

cdimauro 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 11:10:31
#71 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro

but even Gunnar, Matt, and some other 68k/Amiga technical experts had a lot of discussions and brainstormings

Gunnar:
Quote:

we did not brain storm

We were all there discussing on how to enhance both the Amiga chipset and a new 68K, proposing ideas and evaluating them.

Isn't it brainstorming?
Quote:
Cesare:
Quote:
precisely to Gunnar which was skeptical and didn't believe that it was possible. But he changed his mind when I've shown it.

Cesare: you fantasize!

If I go to a Formula 1 race, and talk there to a Ferrari Engineer.
And I tell him to that make the next Ferrari race car faster,
and the Ferrari engineers answers: "Thank you for the proposal sir, we will certainly do this".

This is not brain storming.
This is one guy talking shit, and one guy being polite.

I see my mistake now: Sorry that gave you a false impression.

The only mistake was made by Olaf, because everything is hidden now and there's no trace at all.

You're lucky that nobody can verify it.
Quote:
To make this clear: I'm not brain storming with anyone here.
I'm always happy to explain technical details.
I'm happy to help people to learn coding on Amiga.

I'm not interested in yours or Matthey feedback.
Feedback of people without expert coding or expert chip design knowledge is not in anyway helpful.

You've to correct it: you're interested in nothing from anyone.
Quote:
I can help you understand how the Amiga chipset is designed and why certain things are like they are.
I can help you understand how 68K CPU are working in detail or how several PowerPC are designed in detail.

That's something which I don't need and I'm not interested in.

@roar

Quote:

roar wrote:
@kolla

Then you should put a disclaimer on the main page that you have lots of people with mental illness here and what you read most likely is not true. You are spreading misinformation and borderline deformation. there will be people that believe the non sense and its not fair they do not know its written by mad men. .

Projection?

Gunnar 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 11:42:18
#72 ]

@cdimauro

Quote:
We were all there discussing on how to enhance both the Amiga chipset and a new 68K, proposing ideas and evaluating them. Isn't it brainstorming?

If you by chance meet Patrick Mahomes,
and voice your ideas to him how he should win the Super Bowl, is this brain storming?

Cesare your are an arm-char quarterback,
"knowledge" is only fictional and only in your fantasy.

cdimauro 
Posted on 13-Feb-2024 11:45:04
#73 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:
We were all there discussing on how to enhance both the Amiga chipset and a new 68K, proposing ideas and evaluating them. Isn't it brainstorming?

If you by chance meet Patrick Mahomes,
and voice your ideas to him how he should win the Super Bowl, is this brain storming?

Cesare your are an arm-char quarterback,
"knowledge" is only fictional and only in your fantasy.

As I've already said, you're lucky only because Olaf has hidden everything and there's no trace anymore.

roar 
Posted on 14-Feb-2024 4:50:50
#74 ]

@cdimauro

Answer the question

cdimauro 
Posted on 14-Feb-2024 5:21:24
#75 ]
Elite Member

@roar

Quote:

roar wrote:
@cdimauro

Answer the question

Already did it. Haven't you read it or it's, again, functional illiteracy?

kolla 
Posted on 14-Feb-2024 8:42:23
#76 ]
Elite Member

@roar

It’s an Amiga forum - which part of “amiga” is it that you don’t understand?

On a serious note - no. As far as I have witnessed, there are few here who really show any sign of mental issues - HOWEVER there are quite a few who show little to no reservations claiming others have mental issues. And on top of that demand their own “superiority” to be taken into account. No thank you, in a healthy community there is enough height under the ceiling to house all kinds.

Quote:
misinformation and borderline deformation.

Deformation? I suspect you mean defamation? Anyways, if you want real disinformation and defamation… have you tried Gunnar? He has a habit of claiming that anyone who disagrees with him must have “mental issues” and worse. This includes former “team” members, OS developers, hardware developers, emulator developers, users and all. It’s like the one thing ThoR, Jens, Chucky,TerribleFire, Alb42, me and many more have in common - we have all at some point had our mental capacities questioned by Dr. psy. BigGun. However, we gotten used to it (kinda expect it) and so manage to communicate with the less obnoxious side of our buddy. As I wrote, it would be boring without the village crazies.

Last edited by kolla on 14-Feb-2024 at 09:00 AM.
Last edited by kolla on 14-Feb-2024 at 08:47 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 19-Feb-2024 7:11:53
#77 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:

cdimauro wrote:

Another proof, again, that you do NOT read what people write.

I'm aware of what you did.

Quote:

On the other thread there's PLENTY of information about the project, my role, and what I did.

The paper proposal is just paper.

I'm aware of the two Altera Cyclone 10 FPGA-based AGA projects i.e. one with PiStorm support and the other has a CPU and Zorro II slots. It's not from the EU, hence it wouldn't be influenced by the strong Euro.

Vampire StandAlone doesn't duplicate Commodore's expandability features of A1200.

The price for 2 MB Agnus ECS is getting insane.

Last edited by Hammer on 19-Feb-2024 at 07:23 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 19-Feb-2024 at 07:20 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 19-Feb-2024 at 07:15 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 19-Feb-2024 7:57:26
#78 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
Where do you know this?

It was vaporware by the Cambridge (British) dictionary's definition when Phase 5 announced 128-bit A/Box and it disappeared.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/vapourware
vaporware

computer hardware or software that is promised for the future but that may never really become available:

American English's vaporware definition
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaporware
a computer-related product that has been widely advertised but has not and may never become available

Quote:

Phase5 did work on many project that you might not have seen.

If the project is not announced to the public, it's a nothing burger.

I'm aware tech R&D has risks. Normal companies don't officially announce undeliverable products, hence they have to be careful with any public road maps, and a standard R&D risk disclaimer is inserted.

The company's official announcements are different from unofficial leaks.

Quote:

For example the Phase5 did develop a dual CPU IBM PowerPC G5 970 computer for IBM.

I know this and I have used this system they have developed.
IBM did outsource the development of the PPC system because we ran short on people at this time.

I'm aware that CPC925 Northbridge was designed by Apple and CPC945 was designed by IBM.

PowerPC 970's DDR FSB is different from 60x PowerPCs.

These Northbridge chipsets are not laptop mobile friendly.

AMD K8 integrated its northbridge, hence removing the "VIA" problem.

Quote:

The Phase 5 did a lot stuff which not came to market. There can be different reasons for product not coming to market.

As long as Phase 5 didn't announce these incomplete products to the public, they are not vaporware.

Quote:

And you will know products like the PEGASOS and EFIKA are also system that Phase5 developers did develop.

I'm aware of Pegasos I and Pegasos II. Pegasos I has the April and April 2 episodes i.e. "there is no Mai without April".

I still remember William (Bill) H. Buck's "April" PR.

Last edited by Hammer on 19-Feb-2024 at 07:59 AM.

Gunnar 
Posted on 19-Feb-2024 8:16:57
#79 ]

@Hammer

Gunnar wrote:
Quote:
Where do you know this?

Phase5 have a track record of delivering and developing top notch hardware.
But you think you need to attack and slander some of the best developers in Amiga world?
This attack show more about your character than about Phase5.

You know nothing about the story behind.
If you don't know why the product did not come out to, then to attack Phase5 is pretty dumb.
A product could for example be stopped by an evil third party - suing them.
Is it then fair to attack the inventors here?

fishy_fis 
Posted on 19-Feb-2024 15:31:05
#80 ]
Elite Member

It seems many have crossed the line from behaving, err,... let's say "eccentric" and decided behaving like a fully fledged f#@king idiot is the better persona.

When even Im marveling at the levels of stupidity on display then some people really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

The vast majority of this thread seems to be a competition to see who can be the biggest, most pompous schmuck.
Pages and pages of inferring how clever they are, while too stupid to be embarrassed.
It's an interesting faux paradox.

I know I can be a little hyperbolic with my mocking of people at times, but its always been a bit tongue in cheek and not something I take seriously (nor should anyone else), but Im actually sincere/serious this time.
It's like some sort of autism Olympics where volume of autism as well as level of f-wit dictate the podium.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle