Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 79 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

21stcentury

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 21stcentury:  2 mins ago
 Kronos:  7 mins ago
 bhabbott:  35 mins ago
 amigakit:  58 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 nikosidis:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 31 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Billsey 
Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:12:29
#1 ]
From: Look to where the waters meet in the midst of the land. It is here! St. Louis, Missouri, USA!

I have received plenty of false accusations in this regard. The story linked to here is an example of the real thing.

Last edited by Wiffy on 24-May-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Re: Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:20:46
# ]

@Billsey

And I thought this was a poll topic.

Report this post  
nadoom 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:28:29
#3 ]

yawn yawn, ever been to egypt billsey? i bet you havent.. i have.. people are very nice there.

and i love the rosey interpretation of the crusades!

and as regarding forcing your religion on others you are famous for it on this forum! same old anti muslim crap from you as always, i could trawl the internet and find all sorts of nasty things ppl like you are doing,but i really cant be bothered to waste my time in such a futile effort.

Last edited by nadoom on 24-May-2005 at 12:35 PM.

nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:39:33
#4 ]

@Billsey

I would call being told that I am a bad parent purely because I don't believe your twisted interpretation of Christianity, as forcing your religion down others throats.

Your hypocracy is astounding Billsey.

-edit Furthermore, do you see any Jew's or Muslim's, or Hindu's, or Buddhist's, or Daoist's, or Pagan's (I could go on forever), coming on here and spouting off about how their religious beliefs are superior to yours, and saying that you are a worthless human being (See your sig), because you don't share their beliefs?

I think you'll find that the answer is no.

There are many Christians on here, and NONE of them are as judgemental and vitriolic as you. Maybe that's because you are a self-proclaimed "Born Again", and you have plenty to feel guilty about. Repressed guilt/anger is the scourge of the world and the source of all it's problems.

Last edited by nicholas on 24-May-2005 at 12:47 PM.

Agafaster 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:43:04
#5 ]

@nicholas

I quite like the Sikh religion - at least the bits I know about.

they preach religious tolerance, and are actively encouraged to defend anothers beliefs.

personally, though, I '...take a little from here, a little from there ...' (Capt. J.Sheridan)

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:47:10
# ]

@nadoom
Quote:
and as regarding forcing your religion on others you are famous for it on this forum!

I hardly think Billsey has "crammed" anything down anyone's thoat -- the "anti-Christian" crusaders on this site do more of that than he does.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:48:25
# ]

@Billsey

I love your version of "false accusations". Did you by any chance serve in a POW camp in Afghanistan as a investigator? Geez..

Seriously, you post religious material on this website ALL of the time. You have an offensive religious signature. You think children are "evil". Man, I could go on and on and on and on and on... But I'll leave that up to you. Thats your speciality.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:48:33
#8 ]

@klesterjr

Quote:

klesterjr wrote:
@nadoom
Quote:
and as regarding forcing your religion on others you are famous for it on this forum!

I hardly think Billsey has "crammed" anything down anyone's thoat -- the "anti-Christian" crusaders on this site do more of that than he does.

Maybe you missed the thread where he said I was a bad parent and my child is evil, purely because I don't worship HIS God then.

nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:50:24
#9 ]

@Agafaster

Yeah, Sikhism an Buddhism both appeal to me. Very similar in their approaches to tolerance of others.

And Sikh's get to carry big-feckoff knives too!

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:53:13
# ]

@Thread

Quote:

Site Netiquette: We share one common ground, we are all Amiga users! Respect other opinions, even though you may not agree. Everyone is entitled to their say, but please do so in a courteous manner. Off-topic posts will be moved to the proper forum, and further action may be taken against repeat offenders.

It's easy to flame someone if you disagree, but remember, that type of behaviour is strictly prohibited. We come from different locations, we are a mix of ages, and our backgrounds vary. Take that into consideration before you click the post button. A moment of thought is better than hours of grief. The general rule of thumb is treat others as you would like to be treated.

Now I don't want to get into a case of who started it, because I know who started it, but turn the cheek in the way that some who claim to follow that tenet seem to fail to do.

Or, if y'all want Ill declare this thread a moderation free zone and you can all sides hack and slash at each other.

Let me know what you want.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:54:41
#11 ]

@Wiffy

Moderation free zone please.

IMHO If you start something you should be allowed to finish it, and Billsey has yet to defend himself.

nadoom 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:55:59
#12 ]

@klesterjr

He isnt attack the "anti christians" he is attacking islam, i dont see any muslims on here attacking christianity. he just goes on and on about muslims!! its crackers!

why he hate muslims so much?

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 12:57:17
# ]

'k, its a moderation free zone. In that case I don't want to see any abuse reports coming from this thread. Sounds like all sides have a few things they need to get off their chests.

If it gets truly outrageous, I might step in.

Note: There ARE minors and miners reading this forum, so offensive language and photos not suitable for them WILL be moderated without recourse. I think we all know where the line is drawn.

Last edited by Wiffy on 24-May-2005 at 01:03 PM.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:00:28
#14 ]

@nadoom

Quote:

nadoom wrote:
@klesterjr

He isnt attack the "anti christians" he is attacking islam, i dont see any muslims on here attacking christianity. he just goes on and on about muslims!! its crackers!

Because he is living in a society that cultivates fear to rule the masses. If people aren't scared, they don't obey.

Simple really.

In 1940's Germany they fostered fear of the Jews.
In 1950's USA they fostered fear of the Communists
In 1960's UK/USA they fostered fear of drug using "hippies"
In 2000's they foster fear of Islam.

The west (and USA in particular) has always needed an enemy for it to function. It takes the masses minds off the crap that is really happening.

nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:01:01
#15 ]

@Wiffy

Thanking you sir.

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:01:13
# ]

Darn. I thought this was some sort of adcampaign from a beerproducing-company named "Your Religion".. so there are no cold promofreebies served here after all?

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:05:56
# ]

@hooligan

Forgot to add, I resigned from church on 10.5 .. a couple weeks ago. Have never felt better.. I strongly suggest others to do the same... it's a bliss

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:06:42
#18 ]

@hooligan

Did you get 4 weeks severance pay too?

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:21:55
# ]

@nicholas
Quote:
Maybe you missed the thread where he said I was a bad parent and my child is evil, purely because I don't worship HIS God then.

I suppose I did -- but that doesn't change the fact that the "anti-Christian" rhetoric is very loud on this site.

It would be one thing if it was confined to the "Free for all" section, but it bleeds into the other forums, where we're supposed to be talking about AMIGAS.

@nadoom
Quote:

Hopefully, he doesn't -- but I can see where you'd get that idea.

You've got to remember that at this point in history, all we Americans see is Muslims kidnapping people and chopping their heads off, blowing up buildings, trains, airplanes, etc. -- it's not a pretty picture.

So, if I wanted to "over-simplify" the situation, I could ask "why do Muslims hate us so much?" (PLEASE don't answer! )

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2005 13:22:37
# ]

@klesterjr

Quote:

Im not on a crusade. Thats what you guys do.

And everytime anyone posts with a friggin sermon in their sig (Like Billsey's before the change in sig length), it is forcing you to see it. Now shoving sermons on a thread about religion is fine, but on a sig, it is seen in every post you make. I object strongly to this.

Perhaps banning religious stuff in sigs is in order?

I certainly consider Billsey's current signature offensive and I have to see it everytime Billsey posts anything. That's the reason for MY current sig BTW.

Report this post  
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle