Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 59 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Frank

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Frank:  49 secs ago
 Karlos:  9 mins ago
 Kronos:  44 mins ago
 zipper:  44 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 pavlor:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs ago
 kas1e:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  4 hrs 7 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  (Moderation Lite Thread )to atheist about os4emu, trolls, and things that go bump in the night.
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
itix 
(Moderation Lite Thread )to atheist about os4emu, trolls, and things that go bump in the night.
Posted on 25-Sep-2005 22:48:11
#1 ]
Elite Member

From this thread

@Atheist

Quote:

Then they were clandestinely supporting OS4Emu to basically circumvent the need for a license at all.

Any details?

Marked as Moderation Lite

edited by wegster to change topic, as this is no longer only os4emu..

Last edited by wegster on 19-Mar-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Last edited by Wiffy on 26-Sep-2005 at 07:05 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Re: to atheist (os4emu)
Posted on 26-Sep-2005 4:50:46
# ]

Quote:
itix wrote,

Any details?

Hi itix,

If there are any, I doubt anyone would give me microfiche of the shenanigans.

Is he one of the people that got a free computer from them? Also, I think I saw a post by bb that liked the idea of it happening, at least something similar to that was said by him.

All I know is, the legal door was shut on him, and you guys descend in here any and every moment that you have some free time, poaching. I notice that your presence was at BB3.

And you guys have the nerve to call me a troll over on that other site, too.

Report this post  
wegster 
Posted on 26-Sep-2005 6:48:00
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist
I'm sorely tempted to lock this thread. Not because of Itix asking you for clarification on something you said (see the link), but once again, for your thinly veiled seeming hatred. The other thread is over the top from your comments as it is. Let's just paraphrase it here:

Atheist said:
Quote:

The requirement:

Here's the problem.

First, Genesi would have to pay for the port.

THEN!

They would have to pay a license fee for EVERY Peg 1 and EVERY Peg 2 that has been built, to date, THEN for every new one that was produced.

Ok, this is opinion, and wrong. Perhaps you knew it, perhaps not, hard to tell, so we'll leave it alone.

Quote:

The track record:

Genesi tried to sue Amiga Inc. into submitting to only paying $4.50 US!!! for every copy of AOS4.0 that would be bundled with every Peg 2 sold AFTER the port was done.

Ok, no clue on the price, but I'll believe it and leave that alone.

Quote:

Then, they bailed on paying continued development of MOS1.4 and up.

Ok, how is this relevant in the Troika thread?

Quote:

Then they were clandestinely supporting OS4Emu to basically circumvent the need for a license at all.

This you've crossed the line with. I do not 'like' Bill Buck myself, or as far as I can tell from his actions and behaviors in the past, as I do not know him personally. I do not, however, believe in slandering people...regardless of the case of which 'they' may be interpreted as either several or perhaps only two (BB/RV?), it amounts to the same. You could very easily have worded this differently, even as 'It would not surprise me if 'they' were involved in pushing OS4Emu," although it would still be out of line for the original thread.

I can only take this pure and simply as a troll, and trying to bait a 'blue' into yet another holy war argument. We've had this discussion before- trolling is trolling, baiting is baiting, regardless of who is doing it.

I will not lock this thread, but Atheist, you will be taking a day off.

Additionally, this thread will be moved from the front page, however, it is now a moderation lite zone. Anyone wishing to respond to either Atheist or Itix, in this thread, about OS4Emu, do it. This does not mean there are not limits; simply because one person behaves badly does not make it open to one-upping that person, but say whatever you have to say.

Obviously, if DaveyD or Wiffy feel I'm incorrect in my judgement, so be it..but I'm quite tired of the blind hatred, ignorance and trolling by both sides, so everyone get it out of your system and say what you have to in here, until some indeterminate time at which the line is crossed and the thread becomes locked.

Atheist- you've got a day to think about how you'd like to respond, I suggest you use it, and either prove your facts, get it out of your system, whatever you think it is you need to say or do here. This thread will not be locked without giving you a chance to respond.

All- This comes an entire what, one DAY after a reasonably large Amiga gathering which had both A1 and Peg owners in the same room. If they can manage that and toss back a few, let's think about why we're unable to do so online of all places.

That's it, I'm out of this thread unless it runs it's course or goes so far out of the TOS it's time to lock it.

Have fun.

PS- To those who still are not clear here- AW.net is a pro-OS4 site, as has been stated many times. As such, there is a tendency for some to jump on Peg/MOS owners at times, or to see them as trolling (and yes, sometimes they certainly are). That does not, however, give the right to slander, or to go on a holy crusade to attack in any way you think you're able to, nor does it gives 'reds' additional rights towards violating the TOS of this site. THAT is what this is about. Feel free to hit the abuse button if you so choose, as I do not process or delete reports against myself and I trust the judgement of DaveyD and Wiffy. Either way, I hope you at least manage to think for yourselves, rather than blindly following others in a huge group 'me too' trollfest.

itix 
Posted on 26-Sep-2005 6:53:25
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:

So you are just guessing?

Quote:

Is he one of the people that got a free computer from them?

Yes he is. That doesnt mean it was offered for as a payment for something.

Quote:

Also, I think I saw a post by bb that liked the idea of it happening, at least something similar to that was said by him.

That is correct.

jkirk 
Posted on 26-Sep-2005 11:48:02
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

if you are saying that anyone with a peg is bad shame on you. remember the bodies and a lot of other productive people who are or were in the group. don't be disparaging based on platform. someone can say what we all are thinking but just because they prefer morphos you jump them 90 to nothing. this is upsetting to say the least. at the most you have given the real trolls a reason to blast us at this site.

as for os4 emu i believe it is none of our buisness whether it exists or not. if at some point they do cross the line it is for amiga Inc-hyperion to decide what to do and how to handle it. until that point it is just another program written by some author. let this rest.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Zardoz 
Posted on 26-Sep-2005 17:28:10
#6 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

As a matter of fact, itix is the author of OS4Emu. You're accusing him directly, without even knowing what OS4Emu is or what it does (as proven by your "it's made to bypass the licence scheme" crap).

Quote:
All I know is, the legal door was shut on him, and you guys descend in here any and every moment that you have some free time, poaching. I notice that your presence was at BB3.

I was in BB3 drinking beers with everyone. I'll ask you to find *ONE* person that had a problem with
me being there or thinks that what I did was poaching. I challenge you, Atheist. Go on. There's only a few people, you included, that show such blind hatred. Are you proud? I wouldn't be.

Quote:

Oh, as a matter of fact I have the nerve to call you a troll in any site, but I only do it here, since I don't
post on MZ. Yes, Atheist. You *are* a troll (as I am, sometimes). But that's enough mudslinging. I won't go any more personal with you. If you wanna discuss some facts, go on, I'm free to listen and discuss like the civilized person I (usually) am. If you want to shout some more insults instead,
feel free, you'll be talking to a wall.

Edit: Several typos.

Last edited by AMiGR on 26-Sep-2005 at 06:30 PM.

wegster 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 4:52:12
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist - this is your chance to respond, with as little moderation as is likely to happen on AW. If you have nothing to say, I would say you owe an apology. If you do have something to respond with, then....now would be the time.

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:00:09
# ]

@wegster

Quote:
wegster wrote:

I'm sorely tempted to lock this thread. Not because of Itix asking you for clarification on something you said (see the link), but once again, for your thinly veiled seeming hatred.

Hi wegster,

I have said, very long ago (~2 years), that I hate Bill Buck. This is actually after about 2 years of reading the stuff that he was saying and doing. I also just recently (about 3 months ago) said it about jorkany. That's because of his two faced postings here, then on MooBunny. He was using foul language about moderators when on MooBunny (and some members of AW.N too), and making inflammatory and/or bait remarks here. There is also nicholas, a.k.a. "mdma".

Make no mistake, they worked really hard for me to feel this way about them.

Quote:
The other thread is over the top from your comments as it is.

In my view, I only stated one sentence of conjecture, and 2 words in another.

The conclusion part was basically exactly that, what I think the future holds, if we deal with Genesi.

Quote:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

They would have to pay a license fee for EVERY Peg 1 and EVERY Peg 2 that has been built, to date, THEN for every new one that was produced.

wegster wrote:

Ok, this is opinion, and wrong. Perhaps you knew it, perhaps not, hard to tell, so we'll leave it alone.

My basis of opinion....Hyperion's AOS4.0 for Pegasos would work on all the Pegasos' made, so, where would the profit be for them for every machine made that could run AOS4.0 before they entered the agreement? Unless you feel that none of the current owners and those up to the availability of AOS4.0 would use AOS4.0, unless they purchase a copy of it.

I can see it now....

e-mail to customer ordering Peg 2, "Would you like AOS4.0 with that?"

e-mail back "No thanks, never heard of it."

One more computer shipped without AOS4.0.

A week later after the customer receives their computer, new thread on AmigaWorld.Net, "What Scanners Are Supported By AOS4.0?"

Quote:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

Then, they bailed on paying continued development of MOS1.4 and up.

wegster wrote:

Ok, how is this relevant in the Troika thread?

It was only relavent to the continuation of the answer to Metalheart's question:

Quote:
Metalheart wrote:

So why did they refuse several attempts to get a license for Pegasos and other hardware that now will run linux and aros?

Quote:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

wegster wrote:

This you've crossed the line with.

This is the sentence of conjecture, and I guess any judge would, and as it is here, be struck down. I did put in "clandestinely" for the express reason that, if it wasn't, I'd have tangible proof, but that would involve intercepting e-mails, wiretapping, and breaking into peoples houses... prowling, and I don't have the resources that Richard Nixon did.

My only circumstantial "evidence" is, continued unrelenting trolling/bashing/mocking here, on MooBunny, Amiga.Org, Ann.Lu, OSNews, and WrongPla.Net.

I've also been told that a DDOS attack "conveniently" occurred on the Amiga IRC channel when Garry Hare was interviewed. I believe it happened two times during the interview.

Also, if you go through the records of the 2nd channel that was opened that day, you'll clearly see that MOS supporters piled in there (like they cared what was happening in the real Amiga world) and were deliberately flooding the channel with inane comments, and cross talk, to interrupt the Q&A session. (They were hoping it would crash with all of their all so important commentary.)

I wasn't trying to bait, I was hoping they'd leave, actually.

Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:06:45
#9 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

More attacks. Will you ever stop behaving like a child?

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:10:19
# ]

Clarification:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

"other site" is Moobunny.

======================

Okay, this is not a court of law, but of public opinion, so...

Good morning Public,

Here's where I'm coming from, if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Okay, bad example.

Here goes:

It's as stated in post #98 of "Troika news due at noon UK-time" (Itix linked to it, but you have to scroll to just about the bottom). (You should read post #100 too.)

Quote:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

itix wrote:

So you are just guessing?

As I said to wegster, conjecture, pure and simple, based on all the posts I read by him and others.

Quote:
Quote:
Atheist wrote:

Is he one of the people that got a free computer from them?

itix wrote:

Yes he is. That doesnt mean it was offered for as a payment for something.

Although conjecture, just like above, it seemed to happen in reverse.

I'd like to say that, I wouldn't pay for MOSEmu to be developed, nor buy, nor try it. (For more details, check "Green Eggs and Ham" -- authored by Dr. Seuss)

How about returning the favour?

Always your side goes on about how you have program xyz and we don't, and you have x^2 more SW for your platform, so why is it that you bother to agitate us with developing OS4Emu? (You couldn't possibly need access to our piddly amount of SW titles.) You clearly know that it does, and therefore you must be doing it on purpose. Therefore you have an interest in continuing the Red vs. Blue campaign....

Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:13:46
#11 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

Will you ever realize that this is a computer we're talking about, not your family? You take things
WAY too seriously.

Hate... Hate is the weakest emotion a human can have about something.
Heck, I don't like you, I really don't, that never was a secret, yet I would never say that I hate you.

Last edited by AMiGR on 27-Sep-2005 at 05:15 AM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:27:01
# ]

Quote:
jkirk wrote:
@Atheist

if you are saying that anyone with a peg is bad shame on you.

Hi jkirk,

No, not anyone. I don't list reams of names of people here or anywhere else that they are bad. BUT, the ones who keep insulting the HW, and the SW and Hyperion and, well, it goes on and on... yes, I do. It is a very short list though. Seems to be about 20 people, all totaled.

Quote:
remember the bodies and a lot of other productive people who are or were in the group.

I have absolutely nothing at all against the Bodies. I really like them, in fact.

Quote:
don't be disparaging based on platform. someone can say what we all are thinking but just because they prefer morphos you jump them 90 to nothing.

Not quite correct. First of all, any and all MOS talk has many, many places on the internet that it can be done at in total peace and serenity. I do not[/u] and [b]never have knocked MOS, or a person for [u]using[/b] MOS. I have never said anything untoward about their HW, at all, not once!

If I am wrong, could you please cut and paste three examples, because, I may have an explanation for what looked like abuse.

Quote:
this is upsetting to say the least. at the most you have given the real trolls a reason to blast us at this site.

They jump on anything, believe me.

Quote:
as for os4 emu i believe it is none of our buisness whether it exists or not. if at some point they do cross the line it is for amiga Inc-hyperion to decide what to do and how to handle it. until that point it is just another program written by some author. let this rest.

They KNOW how all of us feel about it.

If it works, there will be no need to own a (micro)AmigaOne or Amy 05.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:35:15
# ]

Quote:

AMiGR wrote:
@Atheist

More attacks. Will you ever stop behaving like a child?

Hi AMiGR,

Express yourself better. Which sentence was an attack please?

Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:35:26
#14 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

Quote:

Not quite correct. First of all, any and all MOS talk has many, many places on the internet that it can be done at in total peace and serenity. I do not[/u] and never have knocked MOS, or a person for [u]using MOS. I have never said anything untoward about their HW, at all, not once!

Right. You have knocked many people for using MOS on many occasions. Anyway, if you have
something to say about the hardware that is substantial, go on and say it. It won't offend anyone.
Dunno what you think about your AmigaOne but I certainly don't consider my Peg to by my lover.

Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:37:26
#15 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

[quote]Always your side goes on about how you have program xyz and we don't, and you have x^2 more SW for your platform, so why is it that you bother to agitate us with developing OS4Emu? (You couldn't possibly need access to our piddly amount of SW titles.) You clearly know that it does, and therefore you must be doing it on purpose. Therefore you have an interest in continuing the Red vs. Blue campaign....[quote]

Here we go. Don't you realise that most of this paragraph offends anyone using MorphOS? Don't you know the difference between a "side" and the "20 people" you mentioned?

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:41:21
# ]

Quote:
AMiGR wrote:
@Atheist

Hate... Hate is the weakest emotion a human can have about something.
Heck, I don't like you, I really don't, that never was a secret, yet I would never say that I hate you.

Hi AMiGR,

Check out all the swearing that goes on at MooBunny, OSNews, and used to on Ann.Lu, and feel the hate, it's all over the place, while I've reserved mine to really the dedicated few from your Blue side.

You have NO CREDIBLE explanation for why you linger here, considering how awful our only available machine functions. Yet you do participate in threads that knock it.

Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:51:34
#17 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

Quote:

Check out all the swearing that goes on at MooBunny, OSNews, and used to on Ann.Lu, and feel the hate, it's all over the place, while I've reserved mine to really the dedicated few from your Blue side.

I don't read moobunny, thank you very much. On OSNews there has been bashing on all sides.
ANN.lu was never and still is not a blue side, it never had single sided arguements.
Hate all over the place?

Quote:

You have NO CREDIBLE explanation for why you linger here, considering how awful our only available machine functions. Yet you do participate in threads that knock it.

Maybe, I say MAYBE. MAYBE, you darned idiot, I happened to be an Amigan, just like you. MAYBE,
I'm VERY interested in what happens in this market. Maybe, I say, MAYBE, I happen to be interested
in OS4 and would like to use it , when I find good hardware *I can afford*, 'cause right now I can afford nothing. And MAYBE, I happen to like most people here and have even enjoyed drinking beers with some of them just two days ago, joking lightly about whatever vs whatever not stuff.

Damn it, you really have a talent in winding people up.

Last edited by AMiGR on 27-Sep-2005 at 05:52 AM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:53:07
# ]

Quote:

AMiGR wrote:
@Atheist

Quote:

Not quite correct. First of all, any and all MOS talk has many, many places on the internet that it can be done at in total peace and serenity. I do not[/u] and never have knocked MOS, or a person for [u]using MOS. I have never said anything untoward about their HW, at all, not once!

Right. You have knocked many people for using MOS on many occasions.

Hi AMiGR,

Oh dear, I thought you were going to prove something.

I have NEVER knocked someone for using MOS.

Quote:
Anyway, if you have
something to say about the hardware that is substantial, go on and say it. It won't offend anyone.

No, I'm not going to say anything derogatory about it because it seems to work properly and I never have, either. I guess the only substantial thing would be that I won't buy one, that's it.

Quote:
Dunno what you think about your AmigaOne but I certainly don't consider my Peg to by my lover.

And this has something to do with....

What if I do find it very important to me? Am I obsessed? Is is a crime?

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:56:48
# ]

Quote:

AMiGR wrote:
@Atheist

Quote:
Always your side goes on about how you have program xyz and we don't, and you have x^2 more SW for your platform, so why is it that you bother to agitate us with developing OS4Emu? (You couldn't possibly need access to our piddly amount of SW titles.) You clearly know that it does, and therefore you must be doing it on purpose. Therefore you have an interest in continuing the Red vs. Blue campaign....

Here we go. Don't you realise that most of this paragraph offends anyone using MorphOS? Don't you know the difference between a "side" and the "20 people" you mentioned?

Hi AMiGR,

Your "side" IS that 20 people, that if it dropped to zero, I wouldn't be having this conversation at all. If you left, it would be 19.

Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 27-Sep-2005 5:58:30
#20 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

Quote:
I have NEVER knocked someone for using MOS.

So, telling us that we do not belong here or that we're only here to troll, or even telling me, a posting ago, that I have no good reason to be here, isn't knocking someone for being a MOS user. Right.
You have wierd definitions about some stuff.

Quote:

No, I'm not going to say anything derogatory about it because it seems to work properly and I never have, either. I guess the only substantial thing would be that I won't buy one, that's it.

Whatever. If I have something to say about any hardware, good or bad, I will say it, because, guess what, I'm a potential customer. No, be that the Pegasos or the AmigaOne, or the Amy'05 or whatever,
it doesn't really make any difference.

Quote:
And this has something to do with....
What if I do find it very important to me? Am I obsessed? Is is a crime?

Not a crime, just a sign that you desperately need a life.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle