Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 97 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  57 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 K-L:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 sibbi:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 Karlos:  4 hrs 1 min ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 33 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 23 mins ago
 hardwaretech:  5 hrs 50 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  6 hrs 18 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 23 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  FTP Mount guide
Register To Post

PosterThread
ChrisH 
FTP Mount guide
Posted on 26-Nov-2009 23:58:24
#1 ]
Elite Member

Seblam wrote Quote:
You speak about FTPMount to access your PC files, I gave it a try but without success and I have to say I am not a network expert. Can you explain how you configure it? Maybe we could do another thread for this as it is outside the original thread.

I can perhaps provide a few pointers, although not necessarily the easiest solution:

After installing FTP Mount, you should find it has a Hosts folder in it. Open this, and you will need to create/copy a Drawer icon file (there may be one provided you can copy). Then edit the new icon using Workbench's Icon/Information menu item. I have something like these for the tooltypes:

ROOT=/
HOST=192.168.xxx.yyy
USER=MyUserName
PASSWORD=MyPassword
SLOW
MESSAGES=ERROR

However, you need to have an FTP server installed & set-up on your PC, before this will work. You also need to give your PC a static IP address (192.168.xxx.yyy), which is a bit beyond the scope of a general guide.

I found the free FileZilla FTP server to be most compatible with FTP Mount. So assuming you installed that, you need to create a user. So open the FileZilla Server Interface, go to the Edit menu, and choose User. Click Add, and enter a user name (MyUserName), and OK it. Then tick Password & enter a password. Then click on Shared Folders 'tab'. and with your username still selected, click Add below Directories, and choose the C drive or whatever folder you want to access. Now OK the Edit window. That should about do it. Also ensure that the server is Active.

Now enter your MyUserName & MyPassword into the drawer icon in the Mount folder. If you don't want to make your PC's IP address static yet, you can just use it's current IP address, which may change when it is rebooted.

You should have an FTP Mount disk icon on your Workbench. If not then check that you have ACTIVATE=1 in FTP Mount's "FTP" icon, then double click it. Now open the FTP Mount *disk* icon, and you should see the same folder(s) as you had in the Hosts folder. Except that this time it leads to a 'virtual' folder for your FTP server, so double clicking it should show you the directories (or drives) that you previously added to your FTP user, and opening them should show your files.

Hope that gives enough detail that you can muddle-through in setting it up.....

Last edited by ChrisH on 27-Nov-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 27-Nov-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Seblam 
Re: FTP Mount guide
Posted on 27-Nov-2009 10:23:49
#2 ]

@ChrisH

Thanks a lot for taking the time explaining
I will try it as soon as I have time and will give you news. It seems far more easy than Samba that I never managed to configure. And I already use FileZilla on my PC so it's perfect!

Seblam 
Posted on 27-Nov-2009 16:45:45
#3 ]

@ChrisH

I tried but unfortunately it doesn't work. After configuring all the things as you explained, when I double click on the localhost drawer once FTPMount is activated, the program try to connect to the ip adress of my PC but it fails. I wonder if it's due to my network setup. My PC and my A1 are each connected with ethernet cables to a ethernet hub that is linked to my adsl router for internet connection. Any ideas?

ChrisH 
Posted on 28-Nov-2009 10:53:03
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam
We need a bit more info than "it fails" to solve it... HOW does it fail? If you use the commodity Exchange program to "Show the interface" for the "FTPMount Status" commodity, what does it say?

Can your A1 ping your PC? Can your PC ping your A1? Can *another* PC access your FTP server?

edit: If you open the FileZilla Server Interface, what does it show happens when you try to connect?

Last edited by ChrisH on 28-Nov-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 28-Nov-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 28-Nov-2009 at 10:53 AM.

abalaban 
Posted on 28-Nov-2009 14:06:47
#5 ]

@Seblam

I fyou wish we can continue privately (and in french) as I'm the lastest FTPMount updater I might be able to help you

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle