Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 85 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

utri007

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 utri007:  2 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  7 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  9 mins ago
 Hammer:  30 mins ago
 Gunnar:  31 mins ago
 BigD:  32 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 1 min ago
 kolla:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  2 hrs 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
OlafS25 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 18:07:23
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas

lovely...

Profile     Report this post  
stevieu 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 19:11:57
#22 ]
Cult Member

Hey, Rigo's an alright guy!

Steve

A1200 - OS3.1: Blizzard IV 030, 64mb ram, 400mb HDD

OS4.x - Flying the AMIGA flag

PhantomInterrogative 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 19:41:27
#23 ]
Cult Member

@thread

I seem to recall from the Deathbed Vigil a certain developer who did not trust Workbench 2.0, particularly the part upon which he worked. The rest of the dev team treated him... well, watch the video.

I mention this bit of Amiga history to say that there are always going to be devs who get burned for one reason or another. Perhaps Rigo has good reason for his comments. Perhaps the rest of the OS4 team has good reasons for its actions. We can't see behind the scenes. Even if we could, we would still end up interpreting that which we saw such that we would end up supporting one side or the other, entering into another endless flamewar.

I guess I've just spent two paragraphs to lead up to the following simple anticlimactic statement, "I don't care what some dev thinks about his employer, or its plans."

My SAM460ex lite may not be fully developed, but I enjoy it. Sure, I'd like it to have OS4.2 with full hardware support the day before yesterday; however, that is not the current state of affairs. What really matters to me is the fact that it is being developed, even if slowly, which is more than what Escom, Gateway, and Amiga, Inc combinded were able to do.

Last edited by PhantomInterrogative on 01-Jun-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Swoop 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 19:50:20
#24 ]
Elite Member

@PhantomInterrogative

Hear, Hear.

I totally agree with you.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

mbrantley 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 20:06:53
#25 ]
Cult Member

@PhantomInterrogative

Quote:
What really matters to me is the fact that it is being developed, even if slowly, which is more than what Escom, Gateway, and Amiga, Inc combined were able to do.

Exactly! You totally hit the nail right on the head with that. And the development and active scene is a whole lot more than I ever could have expected after so many years.

jingof 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 20:16:44
#26 ]

@olegil

Let me get this straight.. Core members of the AmigaOS team are feuding over personally borrowed funds, and exposing their dirty laundry on public forums?

For real!

Someone needs to get an ounce of professionalism.

number6 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 21:24:43
#27 ]
Elite Member

@jingof

Quote:
Let me get this straight.. Core members of the AmigaOS team are feuding over personally borrowed funds, and exposing their dirty laundry on public forums?

It's quite an Amigoid tradition.

Some might prefer the constant retelling of the Bolton Peck story, some prefer the humorous retelling of the story of payment through Amiga Inc. stock options, some prefer the Zapek story from MorphOS. Regardless of which camp of non-payment stories you prefer, it's certainly nothing new here.

ddni 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 22:10:56
#28 ]
Cult Member

I drank with Simon once.
Straight talkin bloke, no bullshit and nobody's fool.

It is fair to say, that from that evenings conversation, tact was not his strong point.

I hope he is OK and will continue developing his programs. The Amiga needs his talents.

Mechanic 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 22:24:05
#29 ]
Elite Member

@ddni

Quote:

ddni wrote:

I hope he is OK and will continue developing his programs. The Amiga needs his talents.

Hard to move forward when you keep running into a self made....er....FIREwall.

Franko 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 23:10:33
#30 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@jingof

Quote:

It's quite an Amigoid tradition.

Some might prefer the constant retelling of the Bolton Peck story, some prefer the humorous retelling of the story of payment through Amiga Inc. stock options, some prefer the Zapek story from MorphOS. Regardless of which camp of non-payment stories you prefer, it's certainly nothing new here.

I prefer the one about Goldilocks And The Three Bears myself...

Papa Bear had An Amiga 4000... it was Hot

Mummy Bear had An Amiga 1200... It was Cool

and

Baby Bear had a CUSA 64x... It was Sh!t and even Goldilocks wouldn't touch that one...

number6 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 23:24:07
#31 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Sorry for off-topic but the other interesting story? rumor? (I see you've already spotted it):

Hoax or true? Petro could get a batch of 1500x A1200

PR 
Posted on 1-Jun-2012 23:50:08
#32 ]

Ok so this is about just fans being friendly and hel(p)full for the hobby.

I myselve get the greatest kicks/experience in helping or mostly receiving help when in trouble. Mostly this forum is like a fighting arena for underaged persons, not children or over aged but reasonable middle aged gentlemen in thruth,

I have joined the arguments a few times but in a good way? Influence of taking a few pints are offcourse a reason to overflow..

My fanisms go to the avatar today and Amiga OS. Magellan, IB, You know all The Best.

Sorry my ideas get not more further but if we all are AmigaFans just get along, no?

If not , Please click the Windows X-Mark as leaving;) (Red upright at the corner)

The idea is the same, just join and Please get along or I'll abandon this too because quite fed up with these "fans" as maybe another here or there too.

Really OT and the link does not work. Amiga rules jee..

realize 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 0:05:37
#33 ]

And you guys wondered why I got banned and post locked so many times? Speaking the truth people dont want to hear? I've always said this:

The sooner the Amiga community gets REAL and HONEST the sooner and better things can be.

The FANBOYISM MUST END

realize 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 0:13:22
#34 ]

@jingof

Quote:
Someone needs to get an ounce of professionalism.

For this man Rigo to make a public forum post in this way. It must be WAY BEYOND horrible and he is at the end of his rope.. What about the "professionalism" of Hyperion. How bad must it be for one of the handful of devs to come out like this? really bad.

He's Latin American right? He's not going to take nonsense and keep quiet like a European might.

Franko 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 0:14:21
#35 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@Franko

Sorry for off-topic but the other interesting story? rumor? (I see you've already spotted it):

Me !!!

I have no idea what your talking about...

ddni 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 9:45:54
#36 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Quote:
He's Latin American right? He's not going to take nonsense and keep quiet like a European might.

LOL yeah he is Latin American, think Antonio Banderas crossed with Rio carnival dancer

..... Actually, he's a Londoner, for farck sake!

Last edited by ddni on 02-Jun-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Coder 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 12:24:38
#37 ]
Team Member

@number6

Quote:

No hoax.

Coder

kas1e 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 13:09:06
#38 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas
Quote:

And that is the same guy that in a interview had so much hatred for community that he wanted to see us burn.
One of his very nice quotes: Quote:
97% of the people in this coomunity can go and catch fire as far as I'm concerned

And he is right. Any sane person should be away from amiga community as far as it possible. I can't say that 97% of this community can go and catch fire (because i by some luck found there adequate developers and users, which by itself suprise), but 50% of this community should die in pain, thats for sure.

For example, even such a thread, its very good sign of how shity community is it. Even girls and old womans do not discuss such a soap opereas, and do not make fuzz from nothing.

I do not know how it possible to not hate amiga community if you somehow trying to do something "real" but not just excuses by that shit like "i just have fun". I for myself hate amiga community as well. Just some persons (not many) are good ones. Other ones "can go and catch fire".

Einar 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 13:14:47
#39 ]

@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
but 50% of this community should die in pain,

Moronic.

Franko 
Posted on 2-Jun-2012 13:31:43
#40 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:

And he is right. .... SNIP... Ravings Of A Delusional Mind .... SNIP....
Other ones "can go and catch fire".

Begs the question... Why are you here then ???

PS: Little children shouldn't play with matches...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle