Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 177 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  1 min ago
 zipper:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 jPV:  2 hrs 45 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 AmiKit:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Email blacklisted?
Register To Post

PosterThread
OlafS25 
Email blacklisted?
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 18:21:45
#1 ]
Elite Member

I have some problems here at the moment. My email is "blacklisted"? Is there a problem with forum?

Profile     Report this post  
Moxee 
Re: Email blacklisted?
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 18:46:16
#2 ]
Team Member

@OlafS25

Blacklisted by whom or what?

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

OlafS25 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 18:50:50
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Moxee

No ckue. When I tried to login I got this message and was not able to. I changed the email and could login but then again this message. After repeating the same a couple of times I could post. It seems like a forum problem to me."

"Access Denied! Your address is blacklisted. More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

ASiegel 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 19:05:39
#4 ]

@OlafS25

This message refers to your IP address, not your email address. if your ISP assigns a dynamic IP to you, you may occasionally get an IP address that was previously used for spamming or similar purposes. To fix this issue, you can either manually close your internet connection or simply reboot your router / modem. After connecting to the internet again, you should have been assigned a different IP address by your ISP.

Moxee 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 19:45:33
#5 ]
Team Member

@ASiegel

Thanks for your explanation. I believe we have banned a few IP addresses on AW. I am not privy to those rights which is probably for the best.

whose 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 20:30:08
#6 ]
Cult Member

@ASiegel

Well, a "new" IP seems not to be sufficient. I have the same problem when trying to log in using my home internet connection. I had the problem yesterday, too. Today, I was able to log in (around 20:30 GMT, but I was restricted regarding posting), but right now I cannot log in again. I didn't change my IP in the meantime. Most likely a problem of the forum software, possibly running mad with anti-spam measures...

Edit: posting with my smart phone, IP in the same subnet as my "normal" internet connection

Last edited by whose on 06-Apr-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Moxee 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 20:38:17
#7 ]
Team Member

@whose

Hmmm.... Perhaps this is something for senior staff to look into. I'll point them to this thread.

whose 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 20:43:27
#8 ]
Cult Member

@Moxee

Thx I'm on AW IRC until around 1 am (GMT), just for the case that there are any questions.

ASiegel 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 20:45:01
#9 ]

@whose

Quote:
Well, a "new" IP seems not to be sufficient. I have the same problem when trying to log in using my home internet connection. I had the problem yesterday, too. Today, I was able to log in (around 20:30 GMT, but I was restricted regarding posting), but right now I cannot log in again. I didn't change my IP in the meantime.

Are you sure the IP did not change? For example, Deutsche Telekom resets your IP every 24 hours regardless of whether your internet is being actively used or not. This usually happens so quickly that you would rarely notice it.

Quote:
Most likely a problem of the forum software, possibly running mad with anti-spam measures...

The quoted error message hints at a lower level server extension such as "mod_spamhaus", which is entirely separate from the used forum software.

Quote:
Edit: posting with my smart phone, IP in the same subnet as my "normal" internet connection

It is possible that the spam protection software evaluates the IP address as well as the reported client (OS, web browser, etc). If the client information looks "suspicious" (i.e. non-standard), you might get blocked as well. If you have the time, you might want to test different operating systems and browsers (in addition to your smartphone, that is).

Moxee 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 21:00:34
#10 ]
Team Member

@whose

I've reported this. Hopefully the staff members who know about these things will log in. Myself, I have no knowledge of these things.

whose 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 21:06:26
#11 ]
Cult Member

@ASiegel

As I didn't set up the forum, I couldn't know where to look for a specific problem But it seems that you're right with your assumption regarding IP and client identification. I can log in using my Windows machine with Firefox, but I cannot post anything. I even cannot log in with my SAM440ep running Odyssey.

Looks like some anti-spam software/layer running mad. I checked my IP, it didn't change.

@moxee:

Thx again

Last edited by whose on 06-Apr-2014 at 09:07 PM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 23:20:13
#12 ]
Team Member

@whose / Olaf

Can you let me know what IP you were using at the time this occurred?

The only change we have made recently is to block spammers via established lists which are frequently updated. If your dynamic IP is one which may have been identified as used by spammers, it is possible it was caught up by these new filters.

Please note that these would actually stop you from connecting to the site, so if you are able to log in, this is not the reason for your problem.

Last edited by _Steve_ on 06-Apr-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Last edited by _Steve_ on 06-Apr-2014 at 11:21 PM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 23:23:25
#13 ]
Team Member

@ASiegel

Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
The quoted error message hints at a lower level server extension such as "mod_spamhaus", which is entirely separate from the used forum software.

This was one of the additions we have made to the site to reduce the volume of spam accounts being created.

whose 
Posted on 6-Apr-2014 23:38:41
#14 ]
Cult Member

@_Steve_

I will give you my IP by PM. I tried to log in a few minutes before, using my Windows machine, and now I'm not able to log in anymore (log in worked before with this IP and Windows).

As I said before: I didn't set up the server The server response is about blacklisted address and denied access. As there is no other "address" than my IP, this message and the problems are IP related. I don't know where the different behaviour comes from, but be assured that there is different behaviour of the server. Sometimes I can log in, but cannot post (same message about blacklisting) and most of the time log in is impossible. This changes from time to time, but IP stayed the same (at least the last 6 hours).

Daedalus 
Posted on 7-Apr-2014 8:52:34
#15 ]

Same here, can't log in from my work computer, but logging in from my phone is fine.

OlafS25 
Posted on 7-Apr-2014 10:17:11
#16 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

@ASiegel

I had the same problem when I just tried to login from office. First time the famous "blacklisted" message, when I tried to login the second time it worked (same internet connection). Obviously the forum software has a problem. Were there any changes lately?

the same when trying to post... it nerves

_Steve_ 
Posted on 8-Apr-2014 0:25:52
#17 ]
Team Member

@OlafS25

As I mentioned above, we have implemented a filter to block spammers. The module doesn't block IPs directly, but uses other methods and is taken from spamhaus blacklists.

The downside is that some of you are experiencing some difficulties connecting or logging in, which is most likely due to the module which has been installed.

@whose

I am looking into your IP to see if it is being affected/blocked by the module. If this continues to disrupt users, we may have to look at something else if possible.

Apologies to anyone who is affected at the moment by this. We are looking into it.

Last edited by _Steve_ on 08-Apr-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Last edited by _Steve_ on 08-Apr-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Cass 
Posted on 24-Oct-2015 11:42:58
#18 ]

@_Steve_

Quote:

_Steve_ wrote:
@whose

I am looking into your IP to see if it is being affected/blocked by the module. If this continues to disrupt users, we may have to look at something else if possible.

Apologies to anyone who is affected at the moment by this. We are looking into it.

I`ve reset the modem/router a couple of times (obtaining different IPs each time). but I kept being blocked for days.

Tuxedo 
Posted on 24-Oct-2015 12:33:48
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Cass

I was blacklisted only if connected with phone mobile data.
With my hoome moden always ok...
Also noticed that the blacklisted status change if connected with one or another browser for example that morning I was blacklisted if I try to log with CynogenMod browser but all was ok if try to connect with FireFox, so maybe also that can have some importance in the backlisted status...

Hypex 
Posted on 24-Oct-2015 15:24:52
#20 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

No, someone who had your IP address sent spam. Or got their computer infected. Last week my emails were getting sent back to me because my mail sever was banned on the blacklist.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle