Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 54 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

zipper,  clint

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  40 secs ago
 clint:  50 secs ago
 AmigaPapst:  9 mins ago
 Karlos:  11 mins ago
 Marcian:  49 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Cammy:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Back home
Register To Post

PosterThread
Ferry 
Back home
Posted on 23-Oct-2014 2:20:07
#1 ]
Cult Member

Just logged in to say hello to all Amiga users, to all my fellow comrades. It has been a long time since I wrote here for the last time, even if I try to keep myself updated on Amiga news.

I considered myself a die-hard Amiga user, I have been one since 1988, I thought I would never stop using an Amiga computer, but life is strange.

For example, it's not easy to fully consider the changes implied when you switch from being an employee to be self-employed: your spare time suddenly shrinks nearly to zero, the time in front of a computer must be profitable (I do some design stuff on Illustrator/Mac), both in time and money, so you suddenly find that you cannot spend the same amount of time in front of your beloved Amiga you did before. Well, in fact, I could only be in front of my Amiga from 2:00 AM onwards……… and I wake up at 8-9 :/

And I tried it: I always tried to do as much stuff as I could on my Amiga. For example, I had all my mail accounts in YAM, it's a GREAT mail client, but then you find that you cannot do serious design work on the Amiga, or that you cannot access many web-based apps or services with the Web clients available for Amiga. At least, not easily. And it's a bit stupid to do your design work on another computer and then transfer it, somehow, to Amiga just to send it to your customer with YAM. You end doing all serious stuff in your work computer, even e-mail, so Amiga/YAM combination becomes less and less used. And Firefox has all you need to do serious (or not so serious) web browsing…

All in all, using Amiga became less and less frequent… Now I barely switch my A1 on from time to time, maybe every 3 or 4 months, and mainly because nostalgia, not for serious use.

It's quite of sad: I know I will never sell it, IT'S MY AMIGA, I AM AN AMIGA USER AND I ALWAYS BE, at least in my heart and in my mind, Amiga has teached me all I know about computers, it has shown me how to do things, when it comes to computers, the right way, being efficient, being clean, being slick, being smart, being able to do a lot of things with low resources, with imagination, perseverance… but I'll be not using it in the near future. Well, let's hope I'll get rich soon and I'll have enough spare time to use my Amiga again

I just logged in to say hello to all Amiga users, to all my fellow comrades…

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

Last edited by Ferry on 23-Oct-2014 at 08:39 AM.

A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle