Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 133 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Hypex,  Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  30 secs ago
 Hypex:  1 min ago
 Torque:  6 mins ago
 clint:  7 mins ago
 klx300r:  8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  18 mins ago
 bhabbott:  38 mins ago
 kiFla:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 30 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Audio converting software for OS4 (or 68k)
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
nbache 
Re: Audio converting software for OS4 (or 68k)
Posted on 2-Nov-2014 21:01:25
#41 ]

@amigakit

Quote:
I also noticed you provided some GUI code examples in the ProAction archive too?
Only a simple HelloWorld.rexx with a bunch of comments, just to illustrate how to use ProAction from ARexx.

I'm certainly not an experienced GUI coder.

Edit: But yeah, if I needed to script some file conversion process with multiple options which could vary from time to time, I might consider doing a simple GUI to control it with ProAction. So far, the most I have needed was one number for one dimension when batch scaling pictures, and that's easily done with DOpus 4's requesters.

Best regards,

Niels

Last edited by nbache on 02-Nov-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Posted on 7-Nov-2014 14:31:23
#42 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Quote:
Well if your not prepared to install software

I didn't say that. I had a look on the Depot but nothing of value showed up. I don't bother with Aminet much because the interface is terrible and should have been updated ten years ago! Try looking fior DOpus.

Quote:
Just follow the link from one of the related tools on os4 depot and arive :

Okay I see it is one of those annoying packages where it is split up into different parts. Honestly, what's wrong with including all versions in one archive? Back in the day code would average 50-100KB. Big deal. This may be bigger but so are the machines.

Quote:
Let me know what the error

It wanted configio.library. I got past it. By trying to organise the program into three parts it has ended up as being disorgansied! First, each archive contains an archive. Who does that?!? Second, the archives have duplicate files; for a split package this shouldnt' be, do I overwrite or not? Third, the install still failed. Could just be incompatible with OS4 Installer. After a look it checks for later installer version and tries to perform an action if so. This fails on OS4 as they have bumped the version number, which I beleive is incorrect, as they are still using the old code and haven't added any OS3.5+ features.

Quote:
Procdure with this application.

I didn't get that far. I found SFX quite unstable and it froze my machine on a number of occasions. I did chose 040 build though. Even so, without a key file it is unusable as I can't save. It's ten years old, is it freeware by now?

Thanks for all the tips. That looks like a lot of typing.

Quote:
I would truct my eyes far more than some algorithm

I can't trust them anymore as now I need glasses to read. I don't want to start using them on the computer. And BTW, that 6 point font in SFX is terrible! I mean, who does that!?

I am finding myself discriminated against by these younger programmers with better eyesight!

And FWIW, an algorithm for what I want is overkill, it just needs to test the words.

Like so:

Silence:
TST.W (A0)+
BEQ.S Silence

Might as well write it myself.

Quote:
one issue being that zeros at the start of a sample is not a real world phenomina

In this case, however it was mastered, there are zeros at the start. I examined it as a hex dump. But it's taking a lot more work to find a program to remove the zeros than the work involved in doing it!

Let me explain. I was checking out this CD single I have. Creation by Stereo MCs. It has a 7" and instrumrental. Aside from vocals, the tracks sound the same. But the samples have different lengths and infact the waveforms are different where they should match. I wanted to play them side by side but can't as they have leading zeros in the samples. I failed to align them both exactly by hand which is close to impossible. So wanted to remove zeros and compare themn again!

Quote:
I don't know Image Studio,

It's a classic! Remember DrawStudio and the third brother TextureStudio? Have them on CD.

Quote:
Hmm, no crash here

I used the OS4Depot version which is not actually native IIRC. So it should be pulled I guess.

Quote:
Sound wise Samplitude

Oh I also have that on HD! But it had some problems on OS4.

Last edited by Hypex on 08-Nov-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Last edited by Hypex on 07-Nov-2014 at 02:40 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 8-Nov-2014 12:43:24
#43 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Hypex

Glasess: Everybodies eyes are different, but I find if I don't use my glasses on the computer I get the mosy obscenely bad headaches. With them on I can see the screen as well as I every did. I have a seperate pair focused for the screen. (arms length)

6pt font; SFX font is settable in the GUI settings found Menu->Prefs-GUI , though you may have your apps switched as it's AE4 that uses a 6pt font here, but only for graphic element related text. Non ideal I will admit.

Registration: SFX is still worth the money IMHO. It might be old, but it features haven't degraded withage, but the price will have due to inflation (I also bought AE4 at full price and don't regret that at all.)

Quote:

Let me explain. I was checking out this CD single I have. Creation by Stereo MCs. It has a 7" and instrumrental. Aside from vocals, the tracks sound the same. But the samples have different lengths and infact the waveforms are different where they should match. I wanted to play them side by side but can't as they have leading zeros in the samples. I failed to align them both exactly by hand which is close to impossible. So wanted to remove zeros and compare themn again!

HDRec would be a good choice here, as you can measure the silence at the start of the samples and set them up as three seperate tracks, with offset beginnings very easily.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle