Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

saimo

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 saimo:  1 min ago
 vox:  9 mins ago
 matthey:  18 mins ago
 Gunnar:  25 mins ago
 Swisso:  26 mins ago
 Birbo:  50 mins ago
 klx300r:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 52 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 47 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  IBrowse 2.X with os4
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Vader 
Re: IBrowse 2.X with os4
Posted on 2-Jun-2004 17:41:13
#21 ]

@Bobsonsirjonny

Yeah, its available from IOSPIRITs website www.iospirit.de.

@samo79

Quote:
1 - What it the difference between IBrowse 2.x OEM and the full version ?

I don't actually know to be honest. Stefan will have decided what will be in the OEM version, so I'll try and find out.

Quote:
2 - Do you imagine that the IBrowse developers will finish IB 3.0 just in time before the final version of AmigaOS4 is released ?

Its unlikely, but I won't put any time constraints on anything as I honestly have no idea when either will be available.

Quote:
Thanks, if you answer my doubt i promise to offer to you 5 glass of water

Sorry I can't be more specific but thats as much as I know at the moment.

Profile     Report this post  
samo79 
Posted on 2-Jun-2004 17:49:10
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Vader

No problem, i'll just happy to see that the IB it's involved in these day

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

shoe 
Posted on 2-Jun-2004 19:31:40
#23 ]

Quote:

AmiDog wrote:

Nope, still waiting for the OS4 prerelease like everyone else (I've got an A1XE-G4 waiting for it to arrive). However, TrueReality isn't very compatible, I'll probably port Mupen64 instead, unless someone already have ported it.

Oh boy! That would be soo damn cool! I love those emulators..

/shoe

Anonymous 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 20:16:57
# ]

@Vader

Glad to hear there will be updates to iBrowse! Will update 2.4 finally fix the MAJOR stablility problem? The broswer is nice but unstable. It keeps crashing. What can be causing this? I have even tried 2.3 and it still crashes. I have tried it on a 3000 and 4000 with OS 3.1 and 3.9 I hope 2.4+ fixes this major problem!

Report this post  
SlimJim 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 20:28:26
#25 ]
Cult Member

@tjlazer

This must vary greatly from setup to setup. Ever since 2.2 my stability complains with IBrowse almost disappeared completely. Haven't used 2.3 as heavily as 2.2 (due to using Linux) but it seems very stable here. I run an A4000/060 with 35MB RAM and no gfx-card.
SlimJim

The_Editor 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 20:52:44
#26 ]
Elite Member

@ that Ibrowse dude..

Hey.... FLASH works in Ibrowse ? Now thats kewl... In doesn't even work in PPC Konqueror and buggered if I can get it to work in Mozilla either !!

I guess I should stop preassessing stuff until I've actually tried it (always a good idea huh !! )

Vader 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 20:59:58
#27 ]

@tjlazer

Hmm. That doesn't exactly help track down the problem When does it crash ? On the same site ? What sites crash it ? etc etc.

FWIW, IBrowse2.4 does fix as many known "crash" inducing bugs as possible, but I can't promise your particular problem is fixed unless we can reproduce it to confirm the problem.

If you can provide any more info, then we can try to establish the cause and see if it has been addressed.

Might be better to e-mail me direct at: dave@ibrowse-dev.net or join the IBrowse support list at Yahoo! Groups rather than clutter up AW.net though.

Cajun_Man 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 21:00:30
#28 ]

@Mark

Well, the only IBrowse I find there is 2.3 and it stops after 30 mins. I don't find any other demo of it or 2.4 either.

What I'm having trouble with is finding the correct US $ amount to buy it so I can put the right amount in a debit Visa card and use it to purchase IBrowse 2.3 CD ( or 2.4 if it becomes available when I get enough)

Unfortunately my normal credit card is at the limit so I'll have to go to my local mall and buy a debit card with just enough on it to cover the cd and shipping.

Vader 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 21:07:26
#29 ]

@The_Editor

The Flash plugin that has been developed (I have no idea how up to date it is etc), does work in IBrowse2.4, but there are some remaining issues with the plugin API that need addressing before it can be completed. I'm not one of the actual programmers so I don't know the full technicalities of what is involved though.

I'm surpised you had problems with Flash on Mozilla or Konqueror though, unless there are issues with the Linux version (assuming you are using Linux) - but I wouldn't know as I have never tried

mjohnson 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 22:39:16
#30 ]
From: going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

@Vader

Ehm, of course we're running Linux. And, no, we're not running it on x86. Duuh...what site did you think this was?

If I'm to be serious for a brief moment (I'll try at least), I believe it's flash that's available for PPC-Linux, and Shockwave that isn't. Either way, lots and lots of the stuff doesn't display... (Never really bothered to dig too deeply into which was what, since I've never had a computer where I could actually use them both...darn them niche systems)

And, as a sidenote, I've never really had any problems with Ibrowse...I got a lot of strange behaviour from Voyager, similar to the description given above on the Ibrowse problems, but I've never encountered any problems myself with Ibrowse. On an OS3.0 setup, later upgraded to OS3.9. Here's hoping that this streak of stability continues for me through OS4 and beyond!

Vader 
Posted on 5-Jun-2004 23:23:13
#31 ]

@mjohnson

Quote:
Ehm, of course we're running Linux. And, no, we're not running it on x86. Duuh...what site did you think this was?

Yeah yeah :-p Actually I read the "PPC Konqueror" and it still didn't click it was Linux

Quote:
If I'm to be serious for a brief moment (I'll try at least), I believe it's flash that's available for PPC-Linux, and Shockwave that isn't. Either way, lots and lots of the stuff doesn't display... (Never really bothered to dig too deeply into which was what, since I've never had a computer where I could actually use them both...darn them niche systems)

Thats closed formats for you The bad news is the Amiga Flash implementations are based on the Linux versions for the most part.

Quote:
And, as a sidenote, I've never really had any problems with Ibrowse...I got a lot of strange behaviour from Voyager, similar to the description given above on the Ibrowse problems, but I've never encountered any problems myself with Ibrowse. On an OS3.0 setup, later upgraded to OS3.9. Here's hoping that this streak of stability continues for me through OS4 and beyond!

Its been pretty good under 4.0, especially considering the emulation tends to be a little more picky than the real 68K CPUs are. There are still various crashes with IBrowseNetworkTasks, but with the GrimReapers Continue function, you can carry on past them and it works remarkably well. Hopefully these issues can be addressed before 2.4 is complete, but they are a pain to pin down.

edit: fixed a typo

Jose 
Posted on 6-Jun-2004 2:01:29
#32 ]
Cult Member

Go IBrowse!!!

José

jahc 
Posted on 6-Jun-2004 4:00:17
#33 ]
Elite Member

Does the version of Ibrowse that comes with the prerelease have tabbed browsing? I NEED TABBED BROWSING!!

Thematic 
Posted on 8-Jun-2004 22:26:02
#34 ]

IBrowse is very stable here, luckily. Perhaps those with problems should scrutinize their MUI setup. And avoid really badly designed sites.

@jahc

Since the demoversion is restricted to one window, as pointed out here, I don't think it will have tabs, since IMO they are superior. I never really used IB 2.x restricted, and it's worth registering for sure.

: Pegasos (ff) 512 MB & MorphOS
Praise seitan.

amipal 
Posted on 8-Jun-2004 22:46:19
#35 ]

@jahc

IBrowse is worth registering; its such a good program, with all kinds of functions to get past any nasty bits that some websites throw up (i.e. pop-ups, horrible custom colours, bad javascript).

FuZion 
Posted on 9-Jun-2004 0:17:04
#36 ]

@jahc

When you say you want tabs. Do you mean this?

If it is, you might be pleased to know that:

- You can use tabs or windows at the same time (You could have 3 windows each with 4 of their own tabs for example).

- See the 4 tabs? See the far right where's there's a gap? You can drag a link into that gap & another tab will be created where your new link will download.

- You can drag a tab completely off the window it's on & it will redraw in it's OWN window

- ... You can drag the tab from one window into another so if you had 2 windows, you could drag one in & be left with one window but still 2 web pages.

- Oh, and the white tab lets me see at a glance if a web page has changed since I last viewed it (Completely downloaded, updated etc...)

Hope that's what you meant, then the answer to your question is yes. Although you will have to register (Well worth it in my opinion). If this isn't what you meant. Everyone, if you haven't used IBrowse look what you can do

FuZion.

hotrod 
Posted on 9-Jun-2004 0:18:52
#37 ]
Elite Member

@amipal

One should mention that great support comes with the browser as well . The ML has allways been a nice place for questions, bug-reports and so on.

jahc 
Posted on 9-Jun-2004 1:23:54
#38 ]
Elite Member

@FuZion

IBrowse isnt good enough to use by itself.. I will probably use my PC for browsing until the Amiga gets a better browsing solution. So I dont want to pay money for something I'm not really going to use. However, if the OEM version that comes with OS 4.0 works I'd probably use that every now and again, just for fun and something different.

FuZion 
Posted on 9-Jun-2004 8:28:05
#39 ]

@jahc

Is my tab description what you meant then?

To be honest, even if it'd just be used for fun I'd still recommend registering because when you do use it, you'll have more fun... and tabs. I guess we'll have to see what the OEM version has.

btw, what does OEM stand for?

FuZion.

samo79 
Posted on 11-Apr-2005 14:34:17
#40 ]
Elite Member

Ehm...any news about IBrowse 2.4 ?

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle