Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
[ home ][ about us ]
[ forums ][ classifieds ]
[ links ][ news archive ]
[ link to us ][ user account ]
|| Software News : Jack 3.1.3 released - Bundles, Donations and much more
| posted by djrikki on 22-Apr-2012 22:41:37 (1066 reads)
|What is Jack?
Jack is a great, multi-purpose commodity for AmigaOS - and now AROS, Classic Amiga and MorphOS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5DmlQmyzbY (February 2012)
* Comprehensive 'App-Store' for AmigaOS with NEW Bundles
* Donation database in the App-Store - donate directly to the developers (hint, hint, hint)
* AmigaOS Knowledge Base
* Great looking interface - drop anything on it to Open or Play
* Integrated Image Editor, crop, image effects, add watermarks, resize and more
* Google Currency Converter
* Weather forecast for your location
* Screen capture with crop area
* Developer's Calculator
* Integrated File Manager
* AmigaOS Preferences Window
* Search your computer, USB devices or network
* Much more...
* Great shortcut keys: Press F, open two Filer windows side-by-side (AmigaOS4 only)
* Great shortcut keys: Press D, open Directory Opus
* Great shortcut keys: Press TAB, enter URL, go to website
* Great shortcut keys: Press S open a Shell, N open NotePad, G get hex colour anywhere on screen
AmigaOS: Full Release
AROS: Same as AmigaOS 4
MorphOS - Beta/Untested - no OS specific changes in this version
Classic Amiga - Beta/Untested - no OS specific changes in this version
* Jack no longer requires an Internet connection to startup. Instead dialog
boxes will appear over relevant icons and buttons to inform user of functions
that are inaccessible.
* Whenever Jack needs to access a remote resource it will now always check an
internet connection is available first before attempting anything else.
* Connections: All data connections have been tidied up and consolidated where
possible. HTTP error handling has now been implemented for handling 404 errors
and lost in connection will be picked up. HTTP Resume has not been looked at
* Renamed and expanded the Audio and Music bundle to include the Video player-
* Entering a http:// address in the File Manager path will now check for OpenURL
and use that instead of defaulting to Jack's backup URL handler.
* Slideshow: Fixed position of Reflections.
* Slideshow: Fixed traversing Volumes/Drawers.
* Slideshow: Fixed errors in loading images without an Alpha-channel.
Get it now on OS4Depot - all OS versions.
Please remember to check the upload queue first before downloading.