Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 73 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  21 mins ago
 MagicSN:  36 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  47 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 minator:  3 hrs 7 mins ago
 davidf215:  3 hrs 30 mins ago
 Karlos:  4 hrs 6 mins ago
 zipper:  6 hrs 5 mins ago
 g01df1sh:  6 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  Would you support a company that decided to support Amiga?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
PosterThread
Cod3r 
Re: Would you support a company that decided to support Amiga?
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:06:00
#121 ]

@OlafS25

No didn't mean port Aros to Raspberry Pi (though it only runs as app, not natively), I meant something else more rewarding.

Profile     Report this post  
Cod3r 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:13:23
#122 ]

@OlafS25

I will contact Jason when I get a chance to outline each routine I changed so he can see it from my analysis.

And I really don't think I am superior. I am good, but I personally know two co-workers who are 5 times better than I am, when it comes to implementing algorithms.

The games are indeed the hard part of Amiga period. It obviously can be done, with time and dedication. But I have been focused on the desktop aspect. The games operation was too spotty for me to focus on (on the prototype), especially considering I don't have the supporting chips at 100% compatibility.

And don't get me wrong, I am willing to help. Really. The other guys with the demands are just rubbing me the wrong way.

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@Cod3r

so instead to proof each other how superior we are compared to the other we should better talk how we can help each other.

I have created a distribution based on Aros 68k and tested a lot of software so I know that it is not "buggy" from application-view. And that many games not run is not because of Aros 68k but because of the Kickstart Replacement and the way many games were programmed (but that is in work). Many applications run.

If you say you have improved aros-routines you can help Jason with it. On the other hand the community could help you with your project.

wawa 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:14:42
#123 ]
Elite Member

@Cod3r

Quote:
OMG, not only does my character get insulted, now you are demanding that I hand my code over for free to prove myself?

sounds like you are a little over sensible.
you made a thread demanding declaration if we would support a company supporting amiga. this is a demand on your part towards us. we have to decide in blanco, not even knowing what kind of a support that would be. on the other hand you refuse to deliver any proof that you mean it seriously, not even a piece of code. in other words you demand to trust on your word and get insulted if not everybody hails you. then on one part you want to contribute, on the other you ask for money in advance. now would anyone seriously proceed like that? how does it sounds?

Nataline 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:16:06
#124 ]

Quote:

Cod3r wrote:
@wawa
You can't demand ANYTHING from anyone on your request unless you are paying them. Can I demand that you what you do for a living for free? Of course not.

And yet you demand our unwavering belief in you.

You might want to stop throwing tantrums over this credibility issue if you want to be taken seriously.

Cod3r 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:25:57
#125 ]

@wawa

Ok, i'm tired of going back and forth. I could be doing something else right now. Whatever you say. I simply won't say anything else about it, because you really aren't following my response.

I never asked for some loyalty. It was a question IF there would be support for a new company within the community. I could care less if you support the company, it isn't mine. I was asking because I am using my company's hardware to implement my idea, and maybe they would see a potential market and support Amiga. At this point, there's no way in hell i'm going to show my boss this thread.

I keep saying I will post pics and video after I talk to my boss. I don't work on Sundays. I don't keep the prototype in my apartment, it is at work.

I asked for money if you are going to demand when I produce something. Nothing more. Don't mischaraterize me by saying that I came here asking for money. Shame on you.

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Cod3r

Quote:
OMG, not only does my character get insulted, now you are demanding that I hand my code over for free to prove myself?

sounds like you are a little over sensible.
you made a thread demanding declaration if we would support a company supporting amiga. this is a demand on your part towards us. we have to decide in blanco, not even knowing what kind of a support that would be. on the other hand you refuse to deliver any proof that you mean it seriously, not even a piece of code. in other words you demand to trust on your word and get insulted if not everybody hails you. then on one part you want to contribute, on the other you ask for money in advance. now would anyone seriously proceed like that? how does it sounds?

OlafS25 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:27:40
#126 ]
Elite Member

@Nataline

he is at the moment as credible or not as anyone that is anonymus and says he has something good and new. We will see. If he cannot persuade his company the project is dead anyway. If he can show something and it is clear what the product can and how much it costs and where it is available then everybody can decide for himself/herself.

Ezrec 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:30:43
#127 ]

@Cod3r

I eagerly await your notes.

Until then, you may be interested in some interrupt latency improvement patches I have yet to commit:

https://gitorious.org/aros/aros/commits/m68k-interrupts

OlafS25 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:33:40
#128 ]
Elite Member

@Cod3r

wanting money before production will be not easy because the community is "burnt" with bad experiences. There will be high scepticism regarding this. But before you have not asked your boss and get the OK we do not need to discuss this in detail.

Cod3r 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:35:56
#129 ]

@Nataline

Yes, I expect to be prayed to five times a day. All because I cobbled together an Amiga 500 emulator on a ColdFire board with FPGA chips. You're right.

And yes, you are also right in stating that i'm wrong to suggest that I am a free person of free will. I should be a good code monkey and hand over my code on demand from any member of the Amiga community.

I'm really starting to understand why Atari has a working new system with sprawling software development, RISC OS is running native on Raspberry Pi and the company named Commodore sells boatloads of Amiga computers that don't support anything to do with the Amiga community.

Quote:

Nataline wrote:
Quote:

Cod3r wrote:
@wawa
You can't demand ANYTHING from anyone on your request unless you are paying them. Can I demand that you what you do for a living for free? Of course not.

And yet you demand our unwavering belief in you.

You might want to stop throwing tantrums over this credibility issue if you want to be taken seriously.

Cod3r 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:38:05
#130 ]

@OlafS25

I was being sarcastic. I really don't want any money. After all, I did all this work in silence for 9 months not knowing if it was even worth anything.

Ezrec 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:45:39
#131 ]

@Cod3r

It's a shame you haven't signed up for the AROS development list. You would have access to a number of the AROS top-level developers, and probably have saved yourself some time and effort over the last 9 months.

wawa 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:46:56
#132 ]
Elite Member

@Cod3r

Quote:
Shame on you.

well looks like i have to return it in all honor. its all yours.

Franko 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:47:01
#133 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Cod3r

you made a thread demanding declaration if we would support a company supporting amiga. this is a demand on your part towards us.

Gawd, never fails to amaze or astound me how most things on these Amiga forums get blown out of all proportion, twisted round, misconstrued, chewed up , spat out, chewed up a wee bit more, then once that's all been done to the posters satisfaction he or she can then complain that someone said this because they have now convinced themselves in their own mind that the chewed up version is what was said in the first place...

Reading through the first post, i can clearly see "rhetorical question", "would you support this effort", "so that;s why I ask you Amiga fans about it", "Maybe the Amiga community might be interested in it" & "All and any input would be greatly appreciated"...

Strangely no matter how many times I read the first post here and try to twist it around, for the life of me I cannot even come close to making any of the first post sound like a demand of any sort...

May I suggest to you folk who like to see things that aren't actually there but like to claim these invisible things are, that you should read the contents of the link below then carefully reflect that maybe, just maybe you might learn something about yourselves and perhaps it may benefit you in some way

Read, Ponder, Reflect then maybe... just maybe... you'll learn something about yourself...

Not saying it will help solve some folks erm... issues but hey, you never know...

Daedalus 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:48:10
#134 ]

@Cod3r

Welcome to the Amiga "community".

Nataline 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:48:54
#135 ]

@Cod3r

Quote:

Cod3r wrote:
@Nataline

Yes, I expect to be prayed to five times a day. All because I cobbled together an Amiga 500 emulator on a ColdFire board with FPGA chips. You're right.

And yes, you are also right in stating that i'm wrong to suggest that I am a free person of free will. I should be a good code monkey and hand over my code on demand from any member of the Amiga community.

Please point me to that statement of mine, I seem to be unable to find it.

wawa 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 17:52:35
#136 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Gawd, never fails to amaze or astound me how most things on these Amiga forums get blown out of all proportion, twisted round, misconstrued, chewed up , spat out, chewed up a wee bit more, then once that's all been done to the posters satisfaction he or she can then complain that someone said this because they have now convinced themselves in their own mind that the chewed up version is what was said in the first place...

there: i support it. and now?

terminills 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 18:41:55
#137 ]
AROS Core Developer

@Cod3r

Quote:
But i'm going to give you and the naysayers an offer. And i'm 100% serious on this. Tell me what you exactly want Aros to do.

Give me a price on full memory protection and SMP.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

trans 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 18:49:06
#138 ]

@terminills

Quote:
Give me a price on full memory protection and SMP.

Roger that!

Yssing 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 18:55:27
#139 ]

As is often the case, I think the misunderstanding lies some where in the fact, that we are a bunch of people from all over the world, ehere each culture has its own way of expressing itself.

My advice to all, if you think some one is attacking you, please re-read the post a few more times. People are rarely a-holes.

Would I support such a company?
Maybe depends on price and products, but I welcome every initiative.

Dirk-B 
Posted on 15-Jul-2012 19:13:33
#140 ]

@Cod3r

What do you think about AEROS?

Could you make it run on your board?

Link: http://www.aeros-os.org/

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle