Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 41 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  22 mins ago
 Hammer:  30 mins ago
 matthey:  45 mins ago
 agami:  55 mins ago
 allegewould:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 Lou:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 28 mins ago
 deadduckni:  4 hrs 45 mins ago
 minator:  4 hrs 58 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
Rogue 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:24:25
#141 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@polka.

Quote:
I particularly like this part because it shows that Adam is a sane person with a realistic view of the future:

Just because it coincides with your view. It doesn't mean anything of course.

Lemme also take the opportunity to say that I am frelling amazed that people managed to bring in the x86 discussion again. It's so frigging lame, I'm surprised you didn't try to pull in the classics as well..

But hey, I'm out of this. Talk about it as much as you like, it won't change a thing. We're all stubborn idiots over here.

Profile     Report this post  
Colin_Camper 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:25:01
#142 ]

@ackcontrls

Best wishes for your Dad. I hope he is well soon.
I apologise for the comments of 1 or 2 immature idiots and hope they didn't upset you for too long.

I didn't see the comments but anyone so stupid, lacking in empathy and ill-judged as to make flippant remarks or worse doesn't deserve any thought or worry by you. They have no idea or perspective if they continue after you give us news about your Dad. They are an embarrasment to the community and I am glad they were dealt with swiftly.

RockDemon 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:27:34
#143 ]

@ackcontrls

Please don't listen to people who don't deserve your attention. Most people here i'm sure wish your father well, and are looking forward to it, and have nothing to do with the negative comments from two or three bad pennys that keep on turning up.

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:28:31
#144 ]

@samface

Quote:
Believe whatever makes your world go round, please just spare us your delusions

Sorry samface, but I won't stop stating my opinion only because you don't agree with it.

Derfs 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:28:35
#145 ]
Cult Member

@wegster

if any posts after this one say anything other than wishing the best for adam and his father at this time, those people are not decent human beings. forget the petty and insignificant arguing !

adam, you probably wont read this, but my thoughts are with you at this time. good luck.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:32:20
# ]

@All

I just want to say something clear before destroying any chances for ACK to ever complete and come up with these new PPC-hardwares to run OS4...

If you keep being so negative about Adam and ACKs' projects, then Adam would most likely drop the whole hardware-projects, which we don't want to happen...

Most of us want these new hardwares, right? We should be grateful. We can come up with ideas and suggestions, but stop being so damn negative! You're ruling any chances for ACK to ever come up with their amazing products if you keep being so negative just because of some pictures and such! They will come afterwards! Be patient, for Gods' heaven sake...!

Adam, PLEASE don't drop your hardware projects for OS4. We really need them! And i'm very sorry to hear about your father, Adam. Hope he will get well soon, and don't give up. I was thinking of the same too, because of some feelings of attacks, but still i keep fighting, because i love the Amiga and believe in it. Keep fighting you too and surprise the community with your amazing products, then at last you will have respect and fortune I guarantee you that

Last edited by Helgis on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Last edited by Helgis on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Report this post  
polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:34:44
#147 ]

@Rogue

Quote:
Why do you think that was hostile? Was the original posting any more hostile? Why am always I the hostile one?

No, the original post was not hostile, but in fact very factual. But no, I do not think that you "are always the hostile one".

Quote:
Quite a lot, because it a) shows that G4's DO work with the Articia and b) that they run at least at 1.4 GHz. I'm sorry, but yeah, I think that is somewhat indicative that the statement "G4 won't work with all Articia chips" might not be all that correct.

Err, we already know that G4 does work with the Articia, don't we? The question was rather if it works properly at 1.7 Ghz and if stability can be assured.

Last edited by polka. on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:50 PM.

cHaOs667 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:37:52
#148 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls

I hope your father goes well, mine was 3 weeks before at an hospital too

and PLEASE don't look what some idiotish people say here, in the AMIGA world there are many people which are waiting for your products and i am one of them!

1x A600 (40MB HDD) OS2.05 (broken joyport)
1x A1200 (68030/50, 32 MB Fast RAM) OS3.1
1x A4000D 040/40 (48 MB Fast), OS3.9, Fastlane Z3, CV64, Deneb, Indi AGA
1x CD³²
1x µAOn

DoctorQ 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:40:52
#149 ]

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:
@DoctorQ

It is people like you that deserve to not be able to buy any products. Please realize that to bring an Amiga hardware product out on the market today is practically a business suicide mission. I don't know of any market with a higher risk involved and it takes quite an investement to manufacture x number of hardware products, regardless if you do it "in-house" or via a third party. When someone does try anyway, regardless of their reasons, we should be grateful. Yet all you do is complain, like Adam would owe it to you or something. Here's a newsflash for you: he owes you absolutely nothing and now it seems that your stupid whining is finally paying off with Adam giving up. Thank you very much!

Sorry, but with personal attacks I'm forced to reply back.

I am aware that bringing Amiga hardware to Amiga users is very risk full, and it's not an easy task.

I am grateful that someone is trying to deliver some new hardware to the users (you say I don't deserve to be able to buy new hardware, fair enough, but it actually just makes you look like an idiot if you ask me), however I'm not grateful with companies/manufacturers taking a piss on the users by stating promises and promises, and continually failing to deliver what they have promised.

ACK controls owe me nothing, that's right. Neither does any of the other companies. On the other hand, I would be one of the potential buyers of both A1, PowerVixxen and OS4, but with the current situation that will never happend; I don't want to wait till 2015 to get something that was promised to be released in 2005!

I am sorry that Adam was personally attacked in this thread, he sure didn't deserve it, and it's not anything that belongs in the community. If he decides to stop the development of anything Amiga related, it's his choice, as well as it was his choice to set a release data, promise pictures to the community, etc.

If you think I'm the reason for him leaving, then so be it. I can understand the people you say are "whining". They state the facts, and stating the facts apparently hurts die-hard believers.

Last edited by DoctorQ on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:59 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:41:54
#150 ]
Elite Member

@-Sam-

“On the other hand we certainly don't want to slam those few that may actually be trying to build a future for our platform.”

- These communities most seriously add a wait and se approach, dead lines are skipped all the time it’s nothing new.

- Starting treads about how we never make is so use less, I even consider that trolling!

- From my ANN.LU days remember a few software developer packing there bags due some assholes, I have seen where little of this here… this is what you get when you do not filter the forums from users that spend there time on the forum to abuse it as best they can. It’s not ironic when you when hurts some ones feelings.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 14-Jun-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Tomas 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:45:12
#151 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls
Quote:
That's the final straw. I'm out of here....this is just not worth the aggravation. Have a good life everyone.

I am sorry that your father is sick, if that is infact not a bad prank on us all.
If not, then i will give my best wishes to you and your father. And i totally understand that you took a break from both the project and amiga scene due to your father getting ill.

But leaving the whole scene, leaving behind the project you have invested so much time in, just gives me more doubt about this project not being a hoax at all. You must understand why people have doubt, when all you have shown is words and the fact that we have been burned by others spewing out promising words about new hardware that did not exist.

I dont know what comments were thrown at you, but dont take them so personal. There is always skepticism around here, which in my opinion is a good thing as having blind faith is stupid in my opinion. If you do infact work on something in background, then you will end up proving us skeptics wrong anyways.

Leaving on the other hand will give you a bad reputation and will make people even more sure that it was all vapor.

Last edited by Tomas on 14-Jun-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Last edited by Tomas on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:46 PM.

SvenHarvey 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:45:18
#152 ]
Cult Member

Any chance of this trollers flame fest being deleted?

Turrican3 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:45:57
#153 ]

@samface

Quote:
Please realize that to bring an Amiga hardware product out on the market today is practically a business suicide mission. I don't know of any market with a higher risk involved and it takes quite an investement to manufacture x number of hardware products, regardless if you do it "in-house" or via a third party. When someone does try anyway, regardless of their reasons, we should be grateful.

Should we?!

I see these things a bit differently: I believe that everyone's involved in the Amiga market is trying to gain profits from an ever shrinking user community, which has been misled too many times in the past, and unfortunately, it seems this trend has not been reversed yet.

Do you really believe Troika, ACK, Eyetech and so on are benefactors?! That they're here just because they love the Amiga?!?!
Sorry, I don't think so.

Problem is, we keep waiting for announcements, products, operating systems for years, yet when someone fails to keep promises we should be grateful.

No, IMHO we shouldn't.

I have absolutely NOTHING against ACK, and I truly hope his father will recover soon from whatever forced him to go to the hospital.

BUT, please understand that many Amigans' patience is wearing thin and if there's someone to blame, that is companies "producing" vapourware, not users getting annoyed because they ultimately can't buy (i.e. give money to them!!!) products they wanted so badly...

Guys, it's so frustrating: on one side, we have a motherboard which seems fine but isn't capable of running my favourite OS... on the other side, there's OS4, but there's no HW tu run it on. How sad...

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:49:11
#154 ]

@Rogue

Quote:
Just because it coincides with your view.

Well, isn't that pretty much what everybody would do? Why would one quote something that he regards as "insane" and state that he agrees on it?

Quote:
It doesn't mean anything of course.

Depends on who you are referring to. It means something to me and many others as well. Especially to those who are not that short-sighted and think about Amigaland after OS4.0. Or do you already have a masterplan what will happen when Amiga Inc. buys back AmigaOS half a year after its release? I don't think so.

Quote:
We're all stubborn idiots over here.

Ok, I won't take that as an offence since you included yourself in that statement.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:49:37
#155 ]
Elite Member

x

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:49:48
# ]

@All

I'm taking full defense of Adam and ACK at this point, and i'm saying this to all of you...

If it shows that Adam truly has left all his projects to death and left Amiga in sadness of most of your criticts and some personal attacks making him look like a great fool (which he isn't), then i will never ever forgive you and then i might leave AmigaWorld, too...

I don't want to see ANY of you trying to insult Adam and his company, and prevent him the possibility to complete the excellent hardwares like PowerVixxen and the CPU-modules for existing AmigaOnes. I want him to release these High-End products when they are completed, and we really need these new hardwares for OS4. I'm even now trying to save money for the PowerVixxen TL. I would be pretty sad if all ACKs' coming products will be dropped and never come out. Then i have to blame YOU for that, who have come up with a lot of negative comments and insults here...

Now i'm pretty angry at most of you for having done that. Do you realize what you're doing to the whole community?

And to some of you claiming that Hyperion doesn't have a realistic view or plans. I'm sure they have and it's okay that they hate x86. Many of them have a great knowledge of the PPC-technology and i would love to see new PPC technology in the Amiga markets and actually prove itself to be a better choice than x86...But if you keep being so negative about Adam/ACK, ruling any changes for new PPC-hardwares, then we are actually back to the "Porting-AmigaOS-To-x86" issue again...

DAMN you for being so negative, to any of you doing so! I'm beyond angry! I'm FURIOUS!

Last edited by Helgis on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Last edited by Helgis on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Report this post  
BobW 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:52:21
#157 ]

@Turrican3

Quote:
Do you really believe Troika, ACK, Eyetech and so on are benefactors?! That they're here just because they love the Amiga?!?!

Yes! There is no other reason at this point to create hardware for this community. The future is dim and the profit margins are small so there is no other reason to produce hardware except because they love the platform!

All three companies you listed are comprised of people who are/were Amiga users. Thats why they are here!

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:55:26
#158 ]

@Turrican3

Quote:

Well at least Hyperion loves the Amiga. They have invested half a million Euros into the devlopment of AmigaOs. But it isn't for the money, you know. If it was for the profits, they wouldn't have started it in the first place.
Half a million Euros is only what you invest due to "love", not because you want to make profits.

Last edited by polka. on 14-Jun-2006 at 03:56 PM.

redfox 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:56:20
#159 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

I hope your father will be well soon.

---
redfox

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Jun-2006 15:57:41
#160 ]
Elite Member

@DoctorQ

Quote:
Sorry, but with personal attacks I'm forced to reply back.

No your not forced to replay back, you can hit the report button.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle