Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 102 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

zipper

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  2 secs ago
 Birbo:  7 mins ago
 Karlos:  26 mins ago
 Frank:  32 mins ago
 broadblues:  33 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 VooDoo:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /   PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 6
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )
PosterThread
ErikBauer 
Re: PS3, Wii, XBox: The Neverending Story, Part 6
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 14:45:38
#261 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Once again you are wrong.
I like the Wii, but I'm a hard core gamer.
NATAL is not for me. I just like pointing out how bad your Sony fanboyism is.
MOVE and PS3 offer nothing over my Wii + PC combination.

Permit me to disagree, my friend. Move+PS3 offers something Wii+PC is not capable to offer: Natively Playing HD FPS with a motion controller, thing that Wii+PC isn't capable of offering.
You see? I'm starting to play RE5 on my PC (Capcom won't release it for Wii). It is not that bad, but playing it with mouse+keyboard after the Wiimote experience I had with RE4 Wii Exdition is like a small torture to me.

I'm very glad Sony decided to pursue the path Nintendo opened years ago: this is the revolution we hardcore gamers were in need of!

Check my Amiga gameplays (ITA)!

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 16:00:54
#262 ]
Elite Member

@ErikBauer

Quote:

ErikBauer wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Permit me to disagree, my friend. Move+PS3 offers something Wii+PC is not capable to offer: Natively Playing HD FPS with a motion controller, thing that Wii+PC isn't capable of offering.
You see? I'm starting to play RE5 on my PC (Capcom won't release it for Wii). It is not that bad, but playing it with mouse+keyboard after the Wiimote experience I had with RE4 Wii Exdition is like a small torture to me.

I'm very glad Sony decided to pursue the path Nintendo opened years ago: this is the revolution we hardcore gamers were in need of!

Not true. With a Bluetooth reciever, you can connect the Wii Remote to your PC as a controller and even read the nunchuk. Again, you'd be limited to 1024x768 Remote resolution but I believe there are scripts that let you scale it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2165659_glovepie-use-wii-remote-pc.html

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 16:18:58
#263 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

You can also use the Wii-mote on the PS3 via Linux/BlueTooth. But what's the point if PS3 native games aren't designed to use the device just like PC games.

Anyway it does not matter anymore as Playstation Move can do everything Wii motion plus is capable of, just much better.

ErikBauer 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:07:50
#264 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
@ErikBauer

Quote:

ErikBauer wrote:
@Lou

[quote]
Lou wrote:

Not true. With a Bluetooth reciever, you can connect the Wii Remote to your PC as a controller and even read the nunchuk. Again, you'd be limited to 1024x768 Remote resolution but I believe there are scripts that let you scale it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2165659_glovepie-use-wii-remote-pc.html[/quote]

Yes, but FPS don't come natively playable with such aiming method... you'd need a patch to implement the "Aiming Zone" in order to have them perfectly playable.

Check my Amiga gameplays (ITA)!

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:27:17
#265 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
NATAL has 2 camera so it can identify objects in 3d space more easily without the big glowy ball requirement.

It does detect IR, so hopefully it can correctly detect farts so the system won't get confused.

Compared to Playstation Move that means PS3 software needs to be smarter compared to on Natal when it has to do the same with less information. It could be Natal would be able to perform in dark lit room (or even complete darkness, when the Playstation Move is needed to do anything). Though I don't think Natal can do facial recognition in such darkness, but I wouldn't recommend this anyhow considering how you are supposed to play your game (risk of injuries).

BTW, I like the look of that "big glowy ball".

Quote:

First of all I am not a Sony fanboy, I even prefer Philips despite I am not a Philips fanboy neither. I am a tech enthusiast and you could say I'm a enthusiast of the PS3's technology. I've said this before, but you like to say this anyhow.

You however are a clear fanboy, it shines through in nearly all you comments.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:27:21
#266 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

You can also use the Wii-mote on the PS3 via Linux/BlueTooth. But what's the point if PS3 native games aren't designed to use the device just like PC games.

Anyway it does not matter anymore as Playstation Move can do everything Wii motion plus is capable of, just much better.

Really?

Why is it that you still haven't shown me MOVE's primary controller as a direct screen pointing device vs. the gyro mouse with a ball that it really is?

And then you'll not understand what I mean...

And that will be the truest thing you'll ever say...

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:29:07
#267 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:

You however are a clear fanboy, it shines through in nearly all you comments.

Pot?
Kettle?

Black!

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:29:23
#268 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Show me an example of what you are referring to (what you think can't be done with Playstation Move). I prefer a clear and simple game video capture from youtube or such.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:34:05
#269 ]
Elite Member

@ErikBauer

Quote:

ErikBauer wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Yes, but FPS don't come natively playable with such aiming method... you'd need a patch to implement the "Aiming Zone" in order to have them perfectly playable.

It's a script which glovePIE is designed to handle naturally. Do you know the history of glovePIE? Ofcourse the accel/gyro's of the remote and IR camera will require programming...aka drivers. GlovePIE is the driver but it needs to be told how to translate the inputs. Hence the scripts.

I've even seen World of Warcraft played with the WiiRemote.

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:41:26
#270 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Wolrd of Warcraft wasn't designed for the Wii-mote. Although I wouldn't mind a Playstation Move option included in future PS3 strategy games, I would actually prefer the mouse and keyboard support on the PS3 to be better utilized in games where it makes sense (mainly point & click adventures and strategy games).

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:48:41
#271 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

Show me an example of what you are referring to (what you think can't be done with Playstation Move). I prefer a clear and simple game video capture from youtube or such.

Per your own statements, you bought a Wii for your girlfriend.
I assume it is connected appropriately.

Point at the screen. *shock* *horror* a hand pointer appears where you point. You point to the corner and the hand pointer moves to the corner.

It's not freaking rocket science what directly pointing at the screen means.

MOVE will require calibration every time you turn it on to accomplish a task that the Wii does trivially.
Otherwise it's just this:
http://www.gyration.com/airMouse_demo.html
The gyro-mouse doesn't need to see the screen to work.

Using a WiiRemote to manipulate a pointer on the screen it like using a graphics tablet. MOVE is just a gyro mouse augmented with a camera for dept and a couple of other features that simply adding a camera to the Wii would accomplish.

You claim to be a tech enthusiast but you can act very dumb sometimes.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 17:56:33
#272 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

Wolrd of Warcraft wasn't designed for the Wii-mote.

No poop Dick Tracy!

Your point?

This is an old video of it on a MAC running an older version of the software:
http://www.howtodothings.com/video/world-of-warcraft-with-wii-remote

Regardless, you and Erik didn't understand my statement that a Wii+PC fulfills my gaming needs. Not the union of the two but that the games I want to play on either completes my gaming desires that I don't need a 360 or PS3 for anything.

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 18:17:52
#273 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Move does not need re-calibration "every time you turn it on".

Please don't be upset, but that having an onscreen pointer is no issue at all. Sony already has a Move game where you would use the controller as a lightgun.

In fact, in this regard Playstation Move demonstration are far more advanced as shown in these videos:

3D modeling as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGFyVG2klU

Minority report style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7jbElxoWFc

I think the ability of using the Move as a camera or flashlight is also cool as well in the demos, I think there's potential there for many hardcore games.

I think it's amazing you aren't able to say anything positive with regard to this or anything else Sony...

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 18:57:14
#274 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
you bought a Wii for your girlfriend

We gave away the Wii and recently both Nintendo DSes to her kid nephew, BTW, she's now my wife.

I intend to buy one or two new Nintendo or Sony gaming handhelds and some time ago I bought her an Apple iPhone G3 and she likes it very much. More than just for gaming she receives facebook updates, uses a messenger and such on this neat little phone.

I think it's going to be a PSP2 if I like the form factor and it's Cell powered.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:10:16
#275 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

Move does not need re-calibration "every time you turn it on".

I said it would have to in order to facilitate direct pointing.

Quote:
Please don't be upset, but that having an onscreen pointer is no issue at all. Sony already has a Move game where you would use the controller as a lightgun.

Where?

Quote:
In fact, in this regard Playstation Move demonstration are far more advanced as shown in these videos:

3D modeling as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGFyVG2klU

Other than HD graphics, how is this different that what the WiiMote can do?

Quote:

Minority report style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7jbElxoWFc

I think the ability of using the Move as a camera or flashlight is also cool as well in the demos, I think there's potential there for many hardcore games.

I think it's amazing you aren't able to say anything positive with regard to this or anything else Sony...

Minority Report used a holographic display. I saw no holographic display or holographic interaction only augmented-reality that even my Google G1 can do since it has a camera and a display.

Mike, it's not that I don't have anything positive to say, it's that there is simply nothing to say. The PS3 is not so special in anything it does with MOVE. It attempts to copy Wii controls and adds some EyeToy features that the Wii lacks processing power to handle, but I've still yet to see games where players wear a sphere on their head so they can do head tracking. I've yet to see GAMES - PERIOD. Killzone and SOCOM use it as a gyro-mouse from what I've seen. Big f'in deal. Gyro-mice have been available on the PC for years.

The Wii already has games where you use the WiiRemote as a flashlight. Again, big deal.

Show me the killer app that Wii casual gamers are going to buy a PS3 for.

The Wii sells for $150 now and it includes the WiiRemote+Nunchuk+WiiSports.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/31/original-wii-bundle-for-150-at-best-buy/
You can get WiiSports Resort and WM+ for another $50. That's $200.

What is a MOVE setup gonna cost ontop of the $300 price tag of the PS3? Another $100? And the *killer app* cost? Good luck with that.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:16:23
#276 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
you bought a Wii for your girlfriend

We gave away the Wii and recently both Nintendo DSes to her kid nephew, BTW, she's now my wife.

I intend to buy one or two new Nintendo or Sony gaming handhelds and some time ago I bought her an Apple iPhone G3 and she likes it very much. More than just for gaming she receives facebook updates, uses a messenger and such on this neat little phone.

I think it's going to be a PSP2 if I like the form factor and it's Cell powered.

I'm not a handheld gamer.
I'll believe CELL in a handheld when I see it. ARM seems to own that market. Nintendo and Apple both use arm-based processors.
Nintendo is using the NVIDIA multicore TERGA cpu/gpu and a 3D display. Seems like Nintendo is in the blue ocean again. What a suprise...

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:25:12
#277 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Where?

There's a little snip here in this video starting at 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ybHddDMgM

Quote:
wear a sphere on their head so they can do head tracking

The Playstation Eye can do head tracking without the need for Playstation Move, like shown in the earlier videos.

Quote:

Playstation Move hasn't even been released, it's planned for later this year. Why not give it some time? Rome wasn't built in a day you know?

Last edited by MikeB on 01-Jun-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:26:46
#278 ]
Elite Member

By the way...

Japan is getting a PS3 update to display 3D on June 10, 2010.

Wii has already done 3D gaming for almost 9 months now: http://wii.ign.com/articles/999/999381p1.html

Lou 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:37:23
#279 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Where?

There's a little snip here in this video starting at 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ybHddDMgM

LMFAO! I saw pointers on the screen. That is all I saw. That's your proof?

Quote:

Quote:
wear a sphere on their head so they can do head tracking

The Playstation Eye can do head tracking without the need for Playstation Move, like shown in the earlier videos.

Let me refer you here: http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/
Mind you, this guy eventually got hired by Microsoft.
The Wii Stephen Speilsberg game Boom Blox was supposed to have head tracking but the feature was pulled.
http://www.videogamer.com/wii/boom_blox/news/head_tracking_removed_from_boom_blox.html

Quote:

Quote:

Playstation Move hasn't even been released, it's planned for later this year. Why not give it some time? Rome wasn't built in a day you know?

Yes, I really wish you would wait until something is released for once instead of carrying the Sony hype-machine torch... Their hype has never matched reality...and neither has yours...

MikeB 
Posted on 1-Jun-2010 19:37:38
#280 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Simple 3D games have already been done on the PS3 and XBox 360 as well.

For example last year's Invincible Tiger on the PSN or during last years holiday season release of James Cameron's Avatar: The Game on both the PS3 and XBox 360.

You don't need the update for simpler games like that, just a proper display (and in the 360's case a model with HDMI, so no early models).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle