Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 89 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  3 mins ago
 pixie:  6 mins ago
 amigang:  18 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 Dragster:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 A1200:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 HammerD:  3 hrs 53 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  4 hrs 19 mins ago
 slygon:  4 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Posted on 28-May-2005 19:30:37
# ]

Hi Atheist,

Well, this thread may be locked and/or deleted, soon.

I feel much better now.

People have learned a lot more about me.

Some will not like it, some will really appreciate that I said it, but in the end, I won't need to stir up controversy as much in the future, because I don't want to have people leave based on my convictions, that some people just cannot accept.

I want more Amigas out there, so I'll dummy up.

This is a great thread, and it was tame, considering the subject matter, I would say.

I don't hate Billsey, but it feels like his only purpose here is to find more people to go to church. (and exclusively his, don't waste time considering ANY others. That's selfish.)

One time on IRC I asked if he was going to buy an AmigaOne, and he said, "If the Lord wants me to, I will".

It seems that, The Lord God has given him free will, and he's given it right back.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 28-May-2005 20:58:14
#402 ]
Cult Member

@Atheist

I found this very funny banana online and post it here in the hopes of giving you a good laugh! laughter is the best medicine.

re the thread:
After 16 years of catholic school education I can really understand your agrivation with religion.

but I also don't let it overwhelm me. if some people want to be enslaved by such notions, that is their problem.

I prefer to enjoy the wonderfulness of rational minds. I love how Carl Sagan expressed the idea that we are all "Star Stuff".
what a beautiful way to show how connected we are to the universe. (AND, it's True!!!)
everytime i look at the beautiful pictures from HUBBLE I see another part of our neighborhood. a part i will never visit physically, but I can be there mentally. isn't it incredible that we can contain the universe inside our minds?

don't worry about those people who can't feel the expanse of the universe inside them. just enjoy your intellect. i know i enjoy mine.

what i love about being an artist is that i often surprise myself with the things i can make!
be happy that you can think!
be happy that you have a mind and develop it as best you can! because THAT is the purpose of life!
to be creative and make something that would not have existed had it not been for you creating it!

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 28-May-2005 21:34:53
# ]

Hi cecilia,

That's beautiful.

And, I've seen Cosmos, end to end (really now), at least three times, and some episodes more than others, as I missed the start or had not seen it through. A masterpiece.

"Star stuff", indeed!

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 28-May-2005 21:59:53
# ]

I don't believe Billsey exists.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 28-May-2005 22:15:22
# ]

Quote:

DruidPoet wrote:
I don't believe Billsey exists.

Hi DruidPoet,

Profound!

As they say, ain't that a kick in the head!

Report this post  
jkirk 
Posted on 28-May-2005 22:27:39
#406 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
THEY didn't have the ability to be humane, did they?

but that don't mean society should lower themselves to that level.

Quote:
Lines are ALWAYS being drawn, and someone's ALWAYS crossing them.

this is why i don't advocate crossing any lines but in extreme conditions. and even then i have to think long and hard on it.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

tomazkid 
Posted on 28-May-2005 22:28:23
#407 ]
Team Member

@cecilia

Cool banana

Kay 
Posted on 29-May-2005 0:38:28
#408 ]

@cell:

Quote:
I think you need to chill out man. You're getting to be the same as Billsey albeit from an anti-religion stand point. Go and drink a Molson or something.

Once again I think Billsey is getting unfair treatment here...

@Atheist:

Wow, just when I thought this thread was about to cool down a bit, comes the mother of all fanatic rants. I don't have the energy to argue with you point by point, as there are just so many points I'd have to comment on. So I'll just say this, for the record:
I think you are wrong, and it's not because I'm less intelligent or rational than you.

Kay

DJRJ 
Posted on 29-May-2005 0:59:59
#409 ]
Cult Member

@Kay

I can understand Athiest's frustration with all things religious, there's many things about it that annoys the crap out of me too. Take the whole notion of instant forgiveness for example; I could be an absolutely reprehensible dirtbag with a daily routine of decapitating whippets and small children and, so long as I am truely repentant about it all as I fade out on my deathbed and confess my sins to the nearest god-botherer, I'm fine! A happy afterlife is assured. What. A. Deal! On the other hand I could be myself and go through life wihout trying to delibertately piss people off (too badly) and live my life to the best of my ability and maybe even leave the world in a slightly better condidtion than when I arrived and, being an athiest (or other non-believer), I am destined for an eternity of torment after I die. Exactly where the hell is the justice in that, because I can't see it.

Atheism is a clean place. You make your choices, you live with them and you deal with the consequences, secure in the knowledge that this is it. This is all that you will ever have or will ever be. Make the best of it while you can and try to enrich the lives of people around you before you go.

I also know that the universe is a scary place and if someone needs the comforts of religion to help them get through it without completely losing their rag, then my attitude is "Whatever floats your boat", all I ask is that they understand and respect a polite "No thank you" when they try and bring me into their fold, and that they don't ask for my tax dollars to subsidise their beliefs. By that I mean churches and so on should be taxed, just like any other business entity.

Doug

Maybe add more for malfunctions and then we'll have music all day.

Kay 
Posted on 29-May-2005 1:19:36
#410 ]

@DJRJ

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Kay

nicholas 
Posted on 29-May-2005 13:55:44
#411 ]

@Billsey

The clock is ticking. Are coming or what?

T_Bone 
Posted on 29-May-2005 14:27:26
#412 ]
Elite Member

Aw heck, why's everyone picking on Billsey?

He believes you're all going to hell if you're not saved, you should be flattered he's spending any of his time on you godless heathens!

"Dogma" is on Comedy Central as I type this.

Last edited by T_Bone on 29-May-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 30-May-2005 14:04:31
# ]

OK I just read through the entire thread editing out the more outrageous ( in my view ) comments. Its now a thread that I think is reasonably balanced, fair and more or less within the terms and conditions of the site. Well, sort of. Obviously as it WAS a moderation free zone at one point, no penalties are processed or anything like that for speaking your mind either intentionally or unintentionally venomously.

As such, its been locked and returned for free-for-all. If another need for a moderation free zone comes up, then just PM me.

Billsey, when you return, if you want to comment on this thread, PM me and I will unlock it ( and everyone else can also speak then ).

Also, exactly half way through the thread I explained what the process would be on Sunday and I am pretty dissapointed that the moderators were given a hard time over it actually coming to pass.

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle