Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 108 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Dragster:  33 mins ago
 gryfon:  37 mins ago
 matthey:  40 mins ago
 Kronos:  52 mins ago
 kriz:  57 mins ago
 amigagr:  58 mins ago
 Ratta:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 pavlor:  3 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
nicholas 
Re: Forcing Your Religion Down the Throats of Others [ moderation free zone ]
Posted on 25-May-2005 15:56:33
#241 ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@hairyneanderthal

Well you aren't the only one that thinks that.

Im tempted to categorise this behaviour under this particular policy entry:

Quote:

Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member.

Still, hes got till the end of the weekend ( Sunday ) to comment, react, etc before I lock this and take this up with the moderation team.

Ban the witch! Ban the witch!

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:01:08
# ]

@nicholas

Which witch?

She turned me into a newt!

Report this post  
TrebleSix 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:03:07
#243 ]
Elite Member

@Wiffy

Quote:
Still, hes got till the end of the weekend ( Sunday ) to comment, react, etc before I lock this and take this up with the moderation team.

Maybe he had a dream, which god told him not to reply to this thread, so he's avoiding it

d4m0n 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:05:30
#244 ]

@treblesix

Quote:

Maybe DruidPoet's got him

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:06:16
# ]

Well he hasnt logged in since he posted it, so Im guessing real life has taken over for a bit.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:08:14
#246 ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
Well he hasnt logged in since he posted it, so Im guessing real life has taken over for a bit.

Maybe he's praying for forgivness from his God for being such a stirrer?

Moderated by Wiffy, reason: borderline comment being edited out to allow the thread to be returned to free-for-all.

Last edited by Wiffy on 30-May-2005 at 01:50 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:11:29
# ]

@nicholas

You are going to feel quite guilty if something sh!t has happenned to him.

Not meaning to offend ya know.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:17:23
#248 ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

Which witch?

She turned me into a newt!

Not Newt Gingrich I hope?

nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:18:23
#249 ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

No I'm not. After how he offended me, I don't give a feck if he fell off a high ladder.

jkirk 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:26:08
#250 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@jkirk

Quote:

reba macintire wrote "the night the lights went out in georgia".

While I'm not huge country fan I got to be punished as a youth as Dad forced me to listen to it. Wasn't that song out in the late 70's and early 80's by Vicki Lawrence? I don't think Reba wrote it just recorded her version of it. Vicki frequently didn't write her own music. Her husband Bobby Russell wrote many of her songs. While I'm not sure who did it, and don't really care, I'd place my money on him. But, it's not Reba.

Now back to Queens of the Stone Age... "Burn the witch... Burn to ash & bone"

you got me. forgot about her yes you are correct. sorry Vicki

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:36:47
# ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

Hopefully not relating to this.. A few years ago, a not very nice man - lets call him "Mark" (For that was his name) - was a complete tosser. After being on the recieving end of a spluter of abuse (He spat a lot when he talked), I told him to go away and die quickly.

The next day I heard he was hit by a train and killed.

Don't ask me if I feel any guilt because I'm a hippie and I'd have to lie and say "yes".

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:44:21
#252 ]

@DruidPoet

Quote:

DruidPoet wrote:
@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

Hopefully not relating to this.. A few years ago, a not very nice man - lets call him "Mark" (For that was his name) - was a complete tosser. After being on the recieving end of a spluter of abuse (He spat a lot when he talked), I told him to go away and die quickly.

Don't ask me if I feel any guilt because I'm a hippie and I'd have to lie and say "yes".

Why is it wrong when it feels so right?

jkirk 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:47:57
#253 ]
Elite Member

@DruidPoet

Quote:

DruidPoet wrote:
@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

ooooh ihat is so mean. such a sad story.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 16:48:56
# ]

@Billsey wrote:
Quote:
I have received plenty of false accusations in this regard. The story linked to here is an example of the real thing.

@Wiffy wrote:
Quote:

I hardly think Billsey's post was all that bad (this IS the "free-for-all" section!) -- it just linked to an article that he felt was relevant to his "situation".

Lock the thread if you must -- but it was YOU who who declared it a "moderation free" zone (which is when the REAL ugliness started) -- this thread quickly turned into a meca for Billsey-haters (plus jkirk & Myself ).

It's obvious that you don't like Billsey for whatever reason (which is your business) -- but I think it has affected your "impartiality" -- it would probably be a good idea to hand it off to a moderator that hasn't been part of the thread.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:01:04
#255 ]

@klesterjr

Quote:

klesterjr wrote:
@Billsey wrote:
Quote:
I have received plenty of false accusations in this regard. The story linked to here is an example of the real thing.

@Wiffy wrote:
Quote:

I hardly think Billsey's post was all that bad (this IS the "free-for-all" section!) -- it just linked to an article that he felt was relevant to his "situation".

Lock the thread if you must -- but it was YOU who who declared it a "moderation free" zone (which is when the REAL ugliness started) -- this thread quickly turned into a meca for Billsey-haters (plus jkirk & Myself ).

It's obvious that you don't like Billsey for whatever reason (which is your business) -- but I think it has affected your "impartiality" -- it would probably be a good idea to hand it off to a moderator that hasn't been part of the thread.

It's supposed to be a moderation free zone. I think it should stay that way until Billsey can come and defend his actions. It's only fair.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:02:33
# ]

@klesterjr

Quote:

This, as in the whole set of circumstances. Go read it back from the start to get a picture of where I am coming from.

Quote:

So now they have all got it out of their systems maybe we can all get along a bit better don't you think? Its just as open for Billsey to make any statements he feels he wants to make to get it off his chest.

Quote:

I disagree, I dont think its obvious at all. I have no negative personal feelings towards him at all, that is you reading between the lines. I however DO have a problem with his debating style, signature content and posting patterns and double standards that seem to rub so many other posters up the wrong way.

However, because Im not the retard you seem to want to paint me to be, that is why I said I would take it up with the moderation team. If I were to make a sole decision it MIGHT be effected by what I had read in this thread. Instead, my procedure will be to put my concerns and issues before the moderators and we will review the whole history of not just Billsey, but others that exhibit the same highly provocative intolerant behaviour. All IMHO of course.

So please, don't try to teach me to suck eggs.

- Grandma.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:05:12
# ]

@nicholas

Theres only so long we will let this thread remain open. My concern is that without Billsey exercising his right to reply it smears his reputation on the site.

The moderation free was so that Billsey could give you all a good kicking as much the other way around. Hes got until Sunday, then I will be taking action to restore the balance of the thread and removing anything I think breaks the terms and conditions.

But of course, KesterJR will interpret THAT as me trying to stop the guy from defending himself.

Which shows how people interpret things how they want to.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:07:42
# ]

@Wiffy
Quote:
However, because Im not the retard you seem to want to paint me to be . . .

Now who's "reading between the lines"?

You seem like a very level-headed & likable guy -- I just think your impartiality is 'out the window' with this one.

Lighten up, dude -- we're all human.

Report this post  
nicholas 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:07:56
#259 ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@nicholas

Theres only so long we will let this thread remain open. My concern is that without Billsey exercising his right to reply it smears his reputation on the site.

The moderation free was so that Billsey could give you all a good kicking as much the other way around. Hes got until Sunday, then I will be taking action to restore the balance of the thread and removing anything I think breaks the terms and conditions.

But of course, KesterJR will interpret THAT as me trying to stop the guy from defending himself.

Which shows how people interpret things how they want to.

I see where you are coming from, and understand your POV. Impartiality is a hard act to maintain methinks.

Anonymous 
Posted on 25-May-2005 17:12:12
# ]

@Wiffy
Doh! You posted another message while I was responding to the first one.

You seem genuinely offended by my posts -- which was not my intention.

Sorry about that -- I did my best to express my concern without coming across as a nut!

(Hopefully, I'm not on your LIST now, too! )

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle