Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 29 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Taddy

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Taddy:  56 secs ago
 OlafS25:  12 mins ago
 A1200:  17 mins ago
 pixie:  21 mins ago
 matthey:  26 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  37 mins ago
 amigakit:  47 mins ago
 g01df1sh:  1 hr 1 min ago
 zipper:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Some thoughts about the "Alt Amiga" forum ...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
herewegoagain 
Re: Some thoughts about the "Alt Amiga" forum ...
Posted on 18-Jul-2006 1:21:32
#21 ]
Elite Member

@takemehomegrandma

Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
@Herewegoagain

Please feel free to answer any of my arguments!

Excuse me?! I thought I just answered your points, but since you insist, let me show you to this, which I'm sure that you are MORE THAN FAMILIAR with:

from the T&P:

Ajudication: Whilst AmigaWorld.net moderation tries to be fair and balanced sometimes errors can occur. If you disagree with a specific instance where you have been moderated then please put your complaint to the Webmaster, an Administrator or another moderator for consideration and possible action. Arguments about specific moderation incidents are not tolerated on the public forum, use the adjudication process open to you.

Hence, you have not followed your right to adjudication. Since you lot seem hell bent on us closeing the Alt Amiga forum, I will put this to the staff. I'm sure we can come up with a conclusion that will suit you just fine.

In the mean time, the moderation of a thread which was moved to it's appropriate location is not allowed in public forum. And the next person who starts another thread about it can simply have a few days off.

Thread Locked..

Profile     Report this post  
Ferry 
Posted on 18-Jul-2006 1:58:53
#22 ]
Cult Member

@takemehomegrandma

The sad thing is that there are enough proofs that some (very few) MOS users, only show their heads here to start flamming... I was one of those who were in favour of an open site, open to discussion between different points of view, in a try to enrich each others, to start eventually some kind of collaboration between users of different Amiga 'flavours'. Unfortunatelly, it seems that those very few ones manage to ruin every thread they touch, making the reading of the site and it's threads not fun anymore.

Yes, you can post a link in front page about any other OS because no user of one of those OSes will come and start a flamefest with arguments we are REALLY tired to hear, only MOS users. Then some OS4 user will answer, MOS user will do again, etc., etc., ad nauseam, and then we have again another useless thread. No fun. We know already our hardware is expensive, that our OS is dead, that we are a bunch of morons, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc., etc., but please -and they know who I'm asking that to- please STOP repeating it over and over and over and OVER!

A little example: my brother likes karts. They are pretty expensive (4000 EUR) and I find quite stupid to spend such amount of money in such a thing. But, hey, he's happy doing that! If I'd repeated over and over and over what a stupid thing I think it is, what do you think that would happen? I'll tell you: eventually he'd stop talking to me, no one wants to be called a stupid over and over again. What I do then? I try to enjoy with what he does, and I try to be as positive as I can. Same applies here.

I REALLY, and I really mean REALLY, would like to read civilized threads with opinions from both sides, but sadly it seems to be impossible...

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200

Ferry 
Posted on 18-Jul-2006 2:05:54
#23 ]
Cult Member

Sorry, it seems I was answering while you locked the thread...

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle