Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 90 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  21 mins ago
 Hammer:  29 mins ago
 pixie:  31 mins ago
 kolla:  44 mins ago
 kriz:  53 mins ago
 clint:  54 mins ago
 Birbo:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Is Genesi still intrested in Amiga market?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Bladerunner 
Re: Is Genesi still intrested in Amiga market?
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:00:03
#341 ]

@R-TEAM

EDITED by wegster- reasons:
Requests from our staff: At any time, if a moderator or administrator makes a request of a user, that user is expected to follow the instructions. We rarely, if ever, challenge our users to do something (usually this has to do with an inappropriate avatar or some sort of aberrant behaviour). However, when it does happen, we expect it to be followed; participate in this site, and you participate in it as a privilege, not a right. You may always PM an administrator or the webmaster to ask questions or file a complaint. However, I place great faith and trust in my staff to do the right thing. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately.

Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member.

I won`t comment much further on your stupid claims which are *indeed* propaganda, (Now rogue, where are you?) (and discredit other groups and persons too, claiming for example that blender is just a hobbiest project with no serious background is just ignorant and stupid)
only one thing: You are so funny about the aros tcp stack ported to mos (which is in fact more then "just" a port, although I don`t like it, but this is something completly different), what the Hell do you think where roadshow hat its origins? Do you really think Olaf started writing one from scratch? I have news for you, roadshow is indeed based on a bsd stack (like amitcp hey even windows tcp stack is based on bsd), that makes err, OS 4.0 probably err, bsdish? (Please note, before someone is jumping on that now, this is actually just a little insider between R-Team and several amiga-news.de reader, he made a claim there, that MorphOS is to "windowish" because of two arrowbuttons which are completly configurable btw. here it seems it`s too arosish *ggg*)

You see there is nothing wrong with porting stuff.

Ok... but you made it again, I`ve wasted too much time. A {bleep} is a {bleep} is a {bleep} is a {bleep}. And nothing changes that.

Last edited by wegster on 12-May-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Last edited by Bladerunner on 11-May-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Bladerunner 
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:00:29
#342 ]

*doublepost*

Last edited by Bladerunner on 11-May-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:53:29
#343 ]
Elite Member

Ah, I wake up to the smell of trolls being roasted by flames. Aint life good?

ChrisH 
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:56:16
#344 ]
Elite Member

@thread
While do still dislike how BBRV act, and how they have acted - they have managed to be more "business like" (as in actually making some money, and without being sued AFAIK) than any of Hyperion's prospective hardware partners so far. So personally I would be prepared to "let bygones be bygones" and buy a reasonably priced Efika (sp?) or Pegasos, if I could use it to run (a licensed copy of) OS4.

Of course, someone like Hyperion (or Amiga Inc) might have more concern about signing a contract with Genesi (given past troubles), but really that is up to them to worry about, not me. Personally I'd have thought a sufficiently well worded contract would avoid any problems. But until Hyperion or Genesi try to start a private & sincere dialog (I assume they haven't yet), and the other side reciprocates, then this is all a pipe dream.

Last edited by ChrisH on 11-May-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Rogue 
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:59:51
#345 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@kiero

Quote:
You really could use search engine or something.

Why should I? You made the claim that it has vastly more functionality.

Quote:
I will use same example as always: display lists which are needed
by lots of games/apps.

Display lists are missing, yes. They are rarely used in games. Most games use Vertex Arrays anyway, and MiniGL has those.

From the top of my head, the only features that MiniGL is missing are display lists, evaluators, feedback/selection, and the imaging subset.

Bladerunner 
Posted on 11-May-2006 13:59:52
#346 ]

@ChrisH

Well, probably you are right... Better now? ;)

Rogue 
Posted on 11-May-2006 14:04:06
#347 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@Bladerunner

Quote:
Now rogue, where are you?

Funny that *you* should ask that, and funny that you should call others (bleep).

Bodie_CI5 
Posted on 11-May-2006 14:11:48
#348 ]
Elite Member

@thread

As I can see that this thread will heat up again, I will post a final warning: Any, and I mean any personal insults will be dealt with. Debate each other's points, there is no problem with that, but lay off with the damned personal insults all the time.

Kronos 
Posted on 11-May-2006 14:29:59
#349 ]
Elite Member

@R-TEAM

Quote:

R-TEAM wrote:

and the point of understand of Amiga is subjective [the one
think OS3.x on WinUAE .. the other AROS .. the next MOS ..
a another OS4 ..] .. but if we read in the public or in the world
of Money from Amiga .. EVER one is the real ! And ONLY this ONE.

R-TEAM

That "ONLY ONE" would either be an A500 if someones talking about the past or Amiga-Any-Windows if talking bout the present .....

So your point was ?

kiero 
Posted on 11-May-2006 14:30:49
#350 ]

@Rogue

>Why should I? You made the claim that it has vastly more functionality.

because this subject was discussed on this site in the past (yes, with You).

>From the top of my head, the only features that MiniGL is missing are display lists, evaluators, feedback/selection, and the imaging subset.

and that proves that TinyGL is more advanced, as it has some of these features implemented. simple as that.

Fab 
Posted on 11-May-2006 14:58:00
#351 ]

@R-TEAM

Quote:

>Is that version out fro OS4 now then ?

The version is in work .. and a belive much more the persons that realize Warp3D
this task than any others .. by the way .. a new 3D API is not planed for MOS
or in work by any way ....

But...wasn't Warp3D 5 AKA Warp3D Nova dropped in favour of a compatible OpenGL layer. Can you tell me exactly how "new"
OpenGL is supposed to be ?

MorphOS doesn't need a "new" 3D API when the current one works well enough, it just needs to be extended if something needs it.

Quote:

>Hmm don't fully understand that. Was it meant to be funny or

I mean that both OpenGL implementationen ATM incomplet !
But [i have said] i belive that come a good and full OpenGL API for OS4 from
the Warp3D programmer
And i belive that is on MOS side VERY NO manpower to make this task !
He have not enough for constant updates the last years or to relase 1.5 ..

So, OpenGL has been renamed to Warp3D or what ? Sticker effect to make fanboys drool ?
About Morphos development, did your little finger say that there was nothing in work or what ?

Quote:

>Please give us your long list.

On MOS side i see .... Quake3 [mostly ready on OS4 side but have an bug in MinniGL or
a missing OpenGL subset .. so it is not realesed to public] and FreePascal [hopefull
portet soon to OS4] .. blender is a nice prg for hobby 3D artist .. but nothing to
work serious .. so i miss it not ..

I won't argue about what's exclusive on OS4 or MOS, but to balance your POV, i'd say only FPSE could be of
interest to MorphOS users (this is the feeling i got thru forums), but it runs with OS4Emu anyway.

Quote:

I hve a friend .. he have a Peg-II ....
He cant print ! [only with a very old HP diskjet 550 printer .. and not with all prg] ..

Could you please tell us which ultra recent printers you can print with the builtin amigaos4 printer drivers, pretty please ?
Seems to me the situation is roughly the same for both OS : relying on turboprint drivers.

Quote:

He can read only with one of the last updates Joliet CD´s i burn with BurnIT ..bevore he
musst mount the OS3.9 CDFS filesystem ...

So what, he can read them now, where's the problem ? Four years ago you couldn't even boot os4 and even less read joliet CD's, is it a valid argument, i don't think so.

Quote:

He use the Peg-II at this moment only to recive e-mail with YAM ....
He have 3 month last bought a new PC .. with it he play .. make video post rendering ..
and WWW ....

Can you please tell us how the situation is different with OS4 ? You have great new games or video tools or secret topnotch browsers ?

Quote:

No actuall Webbrowser for MOS [Voyager is REALY outdated ..]

Where's the actual browser for OS4 ? I guess you count ib2.4 or utopic mozilla port as recent browsers for OS4, but you'd better stick to 21st century release dates you know.

Quote:

No burning prg [BurnIT 3 .. whooo ... ??]

So what is the great exclusive and exhaustive OS4 burner ? I think, once again MOS and OS4 share FryingPan and MakeCD as common burners. And someday BurnIT3 if it's ever released.

Quote:

No Video soft [Motionstudio ...?? .. oh i forgote .. only with MOS1.5 ... ]

Once again, how is the situation different on OS4 ?

Quote:

No New Dopus...

No new dopus, ok. But on OS4 i don't even see *old* dopus5 running, which is the main reason for the gurumeditation's dopus5 port (when is it released btw ?).
And about dopus5, it's very nice, i use it daily on mos along with ambient, but imo it really needs some changes to be up to todays standards (64bits display, multithreading, a little eyecandy, ...).

Quote:

No native Video player [DVPlayer] ...

Nice to hear MPlayer is not native. I know you'll say it comes from unix, but then i'll ask you where libavcodec used in dvplayer comes from.
Besides MPlayer (when ported correctly) supports many more things regarding post filters, network streams, and so on, ... And also, it's legal.

Quote:

No updates at all .... !

Mos 1.4.4, 1.4.5, 3d update, Morphos Powerup and sdk updates, plus Ambient, MUI4, Poseidon must be a collective hallucination probably.

Quote:

The in former times so Glory relase list from MOS [prg/games/system self(q-box) ]
is only a death Vally NOW !
I am not angry with MOS user .. but i am angry come THIS user here and pray me
the dreams of the Glory MOS ever and ever ..... [or the Dream from the Superior Genesis Launch ..]
[and pray by this time the weaknes of OS4 everytime .. anytime more .. another time less ..]

EDITED by wegster- reasons:
Requests from our staff: At any time, if a moderator or administrator makes a request of a user, that user is expected to follow the instructions. We rarely, if ever, challenge our users to do something (usually this has to do with an inappropriate avatar or some sort of aberrant behaviour). However, when it does happen, we expect it to be followed; participate in this site, and you participate in it as a privilege, not a right. You may always PM an administrator or the webmaster to ask questions or file a complaint. However, I place great faith and trust in my staff to do the right thing. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately.

Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member.

Last edited by wegster on 12-May-2006 at 05:50 PM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 11-May-2006 15:14:43
#352 ]
Elite Member

@Bodie_CI5 who said Quote:

LoneHaranguer wrote Quote:

Matt Sealey from Genesi told me in an email that Hyperion won't allow OS4 to be ported to the Pegasos because MorphOs runs on it.

That remains an unsubstantiated claim, coming as it does from an alleged private correspondence with Matt. Have you sought permission from Matt to post these sentiments?

Now that it was mentioned, I'm fairly sure that one of the Frieden brothers has posted on AW.net that OS4 would only be ported to Peg if Genesi dropped MorphOS. So this isn't a big secret he's let out or anything.

Personally I think thats a really silly business decision (since Hyperion must think OS4 is better than MOS, so why be worried about the competition?).

ChrisH 
Posted on 11-May-2006 15:22:29
#353 ]
Elite Member

@R-TEAM who said Quote:
The real world point is ->
OS4 and MOS ar NOT friendly !
So -> One System MUSST loose !!
This is not my dream or my evil plan -->> THIS IS THE REAL WORLD !
[its time to weak up NOW !]

Umm, actually, your reality of MOS & OS4 fighting will see *both* loose, because of splitting of resources & the poor impression it gives to non-Amiga users. It is much better if we have same programs developed for both systems (OS4 & MOS), and then let OS4 & MOS do their best in whatever markets they target (which are not necessairly the same). Some competition is inevitable, but we should at least keep the competition friendly. Why can't both succeed?

Probably the Amiga desktop market isn't even commercially viable, but rather can only be a subsidised by other markets (such as "embedded" which Hyperion often cryptically mention).

The_Editor 
Posted on 11-May-2006 16:30:44
#354 ]
Elite Member

@Bodie_CI5

What our Learned Mod is actually stating is this...

Please stay on Topic as a "Smack in the GOB" Often offends !!

There.... They will understand that !!

hehe

Fransexy 
Posted on 11-May-2006 16:59:52
#355 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

http://www.interpretivearson.com/gallery/albums/album04/flame.sized.jpg

Stop the flame

EDIT: replaced oversized pic with link, please read the TOS for max image sizes.

Last edited by L8-X on 11-May-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Last edited by L8-X on 11-May-2006 at 11:28 PM.

WOSPUPOS4 
Posted on 11-May-2006 18:18:53
#356 ]

@Fransexy
I am really really really starting to love all your pictures

Acill 
Posted on 11-May-2006 18:29:11
#357 ]

This one:

Or this one:

They both offer great things and they both are built from what every one of us loves. Just use what you like and leave it at tthat.

How about this? Looks great eh?

http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/images/stories/AmigaOS/wb01.jpg

http://www.amiga.org/modules/myalbum/photos/2235.png

Well look at this. I think it looks just as nice. So go use your choice and end all the crap once and for all.

And here is one more just for some kicks.

http://www.amiga.org/modules/myalbum/photos/2083.jpg

[size=medium][color=FF0000]EDIT:replaced images with URL's due to size, Please read the TOS for max image
EDIT2 - fixed hanging url tag, links now work. weg

Last edited by wegster on 12-May-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Last edited by wegster on 12-May-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Last edited by Acill_MOS on 11-May-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Last edited by L8-X on 11-May-2006 at 11:00 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 11-May-2006 18:44:35
#358 ]
Elite Member

@Fransexy

That looks much more fun than this thread

Zardoz 
Posted on 11-May-2006 18:47:58
#359 ]
Team Member

@Acill_MOS

I actually prefer this one. To both sides: please, stop the OS4vsMOSvsOS4 stuff, they do not belong to this thread.

Bodie_CI5 
Posted on 11-May-2006 22:16:22
#360 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Bodie_CI5 who said Quote:

LoneHaranguer wrote [quote]
Matt Sealey from Genesi told me in an email that Hyperion won't allow OS4 to be ported to the Pegasos because MorphOs runs on it.

That remains an unsubstantiated claim, coming as it does from an alleged private correspondence with Matt. Have you sought permission from Matt to post these sentiments?

Now that it was mentioned, I'm fairly sure that one of the Frieden brothers has posted on AW.net that OS4 would only be ported to Peg if Genesi dropped MorphOS. So this isn't a big secret he's let out or anything.

Personally I think thats a really silly business decision (since Hyperion must think OS4 is better than MOS, so why be worried about the competition?).[/quote]

I have addressed what I meant further on in a reply to Opi. gotta run off to work in a moment, so I can't find the post.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle