Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 182 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  26 secs ago
 zipper:  8 mins ago
 pixie:  22 mins ago
 amigakit:  25 mins ago
 RobertB:  27 mins ago
 bhabbott:  56 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 AmiKit:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 57 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tigger 
Re: Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 4:21:11
#761 ]
Elite Member

@Chip

Quote:

Chip wrote:
@Spectre660

Seems everybody missed that point.

Which of the 3 points do you think are wrong Chip, or are you just talking so you think someone will hear your voice?
-Tig

Profile     Report this post  
Spectre660 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 5:22:46
#762 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

wow.
I think that you are way off the mark.
You seem not to understand certain things.
Time will tell.

PS: you should start working on your appeal arguments.

Last edited by Spectre660 on 05-Aug-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Last edited by Spectre660 on 05-Aug-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Tigger 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 15:00:22
#763 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:
@Tigger

wow.
I think that you are way off the mark.
You seem not to understand certain things.
Time will tell.

It would be REALLY REALLY GREAT. If when you said comments like that, you actually said what you think I am off the mark on and what you think I don't understand. Otherwise you are alot like those guys who knew all about what was REALLY going on with AI and Hyperion until they found out about the 2003 contract after the lawsuit was filed.

Quote:

PS: you should start working on your appeal arguments.

We havent had discovery or anything for either trial and you want me to work on an appeal? Do you understand the legal process at all?
-Tig

Last edited by Tigger on 05-Aug-2007 at 03:00 PM.

number6 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 15:19:30
#764 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

Discussing this issue is not my cup of tea, but I would like your opinion:
How, if in any way, does Tapul (SA) fit into this whole picture?
(Beyond the statement made by Pentti about funding/disappointment/increased control).

Tigger 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 16:09:31
#765 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@Tigger

Discussing this issue is not my cup of tea, but I would like your opinion:
How, if in any way, does Tapul (SA) fit into this whole picture?
(Beyond the statement made by Pentti about funding/disappointment/increased control).

I often try to guess what Pentti is doing, he's an award winning economist, who taught at Yale, Stanford and MIT, so hes a pretty clever fellow. My latest theory is that this entire multi-company thing (Tabul, Hakia, Kmos) is to make a uber-PPC pda hooked into web 2.0 wirelessly. I also am not sure we have seen the end of the Kent Arena deal. I also expect we will see some more money thrown at the trial. At some point in there he's liable to make a public offering of Hakia and take his 9 figures and go play elsewhere. I also think it interesting the Kouri apparently is interested in Amigas because of Andy Warhol.
-Tig

Spectre660 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 16:14:37
#766 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

Quote:
It would be REALLY REALLY GREAT. If when you said comments like that, you actually said what you think I am off the mark on and what you think I don't understand. Otherwise you are alot like those guys who knew all about what was REALLY going on with AI and Hyperion until they found out about the 2003 contract after the lawsuit was filed.

(1)My points have been stated in earlier posts.
(The private club issue is one ).

(2)There is now a lawsuit in progres and relevant information is now in the public domain from this and previous lawsuits. (PDF's aplenty).

PDF no 38 gives a good indication of how the Washington Judge sees the Legal issues and current evidence with regards to ITEC/AMIGA (D). (it is called a JUDGEMENT)
Too bad that you can't understand what he is saying.

(Read your own postings about the injunction )

Last edited by Spectre660 on 05-Aug-2007 at 04:23 PM.

number6 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 16:36:38
#767 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

Quote:
I also think it interesting the Kouri apparently is interested in Amigas because of Andy Warhol.

And still, the only other reference I have concerning his interest (granted from year 2000) is this

Quote:
As we approach the era of cross-platform open standards through efforts such as WAP II and J2ME, all players in this Pervasive Internet Ecosystem must prepare to shift toward OS interoperability and common service management technologies," said Dr. Pentti Kouri, former board member of Nokia and managing partner for Invisible Hand.

And on Espial offerings:

Quote:
A key goal is to horizontally link the Java, Linux, WAP, PalmOS and Amiga communities. Espial works with Intel, Motorola, Sun, Amiga and media partners Java Report, Java Developer Journal and Doctor Dobbs to maintain and enhance this hub.

And the smeared signature on the Itec doc (Lu)"Pat Ng", principal investor in Hakia, is certainly supportive of the "it's all the same people" theory.

Heh! And then we have Askar Capital (risk investments), formed in December 2006 (OS4 final coincidentally released) and active this year, just prior to Kent announcement).

It goes on and on and on like this. An "interesting" history to be sure.

Quote:
At some point in there he's liable to make a public offering of Hakia and take his 9 figures and go play elsewhere.

Possible that Hakia figures/figured into this regarding the technology at Kent, based on the idea of "linking" technology as noted in the Espial announcement in 2000.

But there is a "bottom line" that keeps gnawing at me here:
http://www.ann.lu/detail.cgi?category=news&file=1161197009.msg

Quote:
*** July 28, 2005: KMOS Chairman Pentti Kouri in e-mail to Garry Hare: ""I am not pleased that after almost two million dollars of funding from Tapul and Itec, Amiga has not been able to obtain funding from outside investors. Itec is willing to fund the company a while longer, but will do so on basis of an agreement that gives Itec a much tighter control of the management of the company."

If he has (1)taken tighter control and (2)failed to deliver (pick your specific here), then IS he as adept as people say? If not, we might conclude that the value of this company to him was in its ability to serve him in quite another fashion (financially speaking).

Last edited by number6 on 05-Aug-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Last edited by number6 on 05-Aug-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Tigger 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 17:11:42
#768 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:

(1)My points have been stated in earlier posts.
(The private club issue is one ).

Learn to quote really. Your point about what. If this is back to the original three points, my comment was that KMOS says they got the contract from Itec, Itec says they got the contract from AI(W), Hyperion disagrees, this is all fact, I didnt say Hyperion was right, or AI was right, I pointed out what KMOS and the rest of the group claim.

Quote:

(2)There is now a lawsuit in progres and relevant information is now in the public domain from this and previous lawsuits. (PDF's aplenty).

My #2 point said that Hyperion disputes the transfer to Itec, not sure how what you wrote above fits into that (or my previous post). If you have a point, make it, but this I said stuff early, there is a lawsuit in progress, etc, thats not making a point at all.

Quote:

PDF no 38 gives a good indication of how the Washington Judge sees the Legal issues and current evidence with regards to ITEC/AMIGA (D). (it is called a JUDGEMENT)
Too bad that you can't understand what he is saying.

Actually its not a judgement, but thanks for playing, so who doesnt understand what he is saying. Its an order denying a preliminary motion, because he basically says that nothing Hyperion can do with AI's property is unfixable by a monetary sum, thats probably true, I said that after the 38 came out. And 38 has what to do with what I was talking about, or the New York case in general?
-Tig

Spectre660 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 17:51:36
#769 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

ok.
I may be offline for a while ,taking some lessons in quotation etc.
I trust that you will keep us all informed about developments in the
New York case as they happen.
I will take some time to stock up on sympathy cards and mail them out
to the losing parties as events unfold.

Tigger 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 20:24:53
#770 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@Tigger

If he has (1)taken tighter control and (2)failed to deliver (pick your specific here), then IS he as adept as people say? If not, we might conclude that the value of this company to him was in its ability to serve him in quite another fashion (financially speaking).

I know Hakia was the sponser of the web 2.0 conference this year, they are pushing it pretty hard, that pretty much coincided with the get the OS from Hyperion push as of late and the rumored new IBM PDA may be just what they are looking for as the new OS 4.0 home. In reality however I think Apple is going to suck up alot of that market with there Tuesday announcement however.
-Tig

Tigger 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 20:29:42
#771 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

Ok, so you have nothing to say, you just want to have the last word on a thread, not a useful word, not an actual point to make, not I disagree because x, y and z. Or I think it will happen differently because a,b & c. Just more drivel with no content. Eliza can do that, I figured you were more useful then Eliza maybe I was wrong.
-Tig

Spectre660 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 21:21:39
#772 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

dont panic.

I will be back when we get more court documents.
We have no news from New York.
I have a feeling that we are begining to bore the readers of this thread.

feel free to have the last word.

Tigger 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 1:10:56
#773 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:
@Tigger

dont panic.

Why on earth would I panic? I legitimately want to hear your side of the arguement, you apparently dont have one, so are making one, thats fine, but you are wrong as simple as that answer is, isnt that interesting the 8 or 9th time you post it when you arent able or willing to actually point out why you think I am wrong.
-Tig

stew 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 2:39:55
#774 ]

@Spectre660

Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:
@Tigger

ok.
I may be offline for a while ,taking some lessons in quotation etc.
I trust that you will keep us all informed about developments in the
New York case as they happen.
I will take some time to stock up on sympathy cards and mail them out
to the losing parties as events unfold.

You seem so confident. The only argument I see that Hyperion has is the "insolvency" clause. I am not sure if that occured or is legally enforceable. Irregardless of the judge's final ruling, I would be offended by Hyperion getting OS4 in this manner. The contract was not intended for this purpose and Hyperion has themselves to blame for the position they are in. Am I a fan of AInc? NO but it still does not seem right for Hyperion to "steal" OS4 in this manner.

I have been asking about the OS4 ownership for along time. When the Friedens talked about the embedded market for OS4, I questioned if they had a license for that. Also what good is an embedded OS in which there are dozens of owners? The ownership question was a biggie and still is. If I was some sort of a conspiracist I might would think Hyperion had some sort of plan in place to obtain OS4 for a while now. Alas I am not and just think it is bad management by all parties involved that we are where we are.

samface 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 3:06:06
#775 ]

@stew

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

Spectre660 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 3:26:22
#776 ]
Elite Member

@stew

Quote:
You seem so confident. The only argument I see that Hyperion has is the "insolvency" clause. I am not sure if that occured or is legally enforceable. Irregardless of the judge's final ruling, I would be offended by Hyperion getting OS4 in this manner. The contract was not intended for this purpose and Hyperion has themselves to blame for the position they are in. Am I a fan of AInc? NO but it still does not seem right for Hyperion to "steal" OS4 in this manner.

I wait for more documents before I can respond.

OT:

I like the statements like "after Amiga made the 25,000.00 USD payment in full to Hyperion" in McEwan's declaration. A typo im sure. $100USD in the bank and they could payout USD25,000.00 and Ignore thir other Debts.

Last edited by Spectre660 on 06-Aug-2007 at 03:36 AM.

Spectre660 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 3:47:45
#777 ]
Elite Member

@stew

Quote:
The contract was not intended for this purpose and Hyperion has themselves to blame for the position they are in.

I would love to reverse this:

The contract was not intended for this purpose and Amiga Inc has themselves to blame for the position they are in.

wolfe 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 3:57:25
#778 ]

@Spectre660

While you're taking a break in wonderland, say hello to the wizard and the tin man for me ok?

Spectre660 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 4:04:13
#779 ]
Elite Member

@wolfe

Quote:
While you're taking a break in wonderland, say hello to the wizard and the tin man for me ok?

Its hard to take a break with everyone calling on you to comment.

The next big question is when do Hyperion go after Amiga Washington ?

Last edited by Spectre660 on 06-Aug-2007 at 04:08 AM.

Lou 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 4:13:49
#780 ]
Elite Member

I still fail to see how Amiga Inc. (whomever) thinks OS4 uses Amiga IP when no Amiga IP was turned over to Hyperion by Amiga (whomever).

Other than stamping the Amiga name all over it, which is allowed by the contract, Hyperion owns the OS (if they pay the developers) and if they decide to re-neg on the sale of the OS, nothing has stopped Amige (je ne sais quo) from developing Amiga OS X on there own, so where are the damages?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle