Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6070 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
64 crawler(s) on-line.
 18 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.



You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  36 mins ago
 Cammy:  41 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Nonefornow:  2 hrs 39 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  3 hrs 9 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 21 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs 30 mins ago
 Jasper:  3 hrs 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga.com down?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
pavlor 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:20:41
#161 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 10-Jul-2005
Posts: 9254
From: Unknown

@xispo

Quote:
You're both like a #### on Father's day: So Happy and so lost at the same time...


Wow, personal insult. I am honored.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Arko 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:25:08
#162 ]
Super Member
Joined: 17-Jan-2007
Posts: 1989
From: Unknown

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Arko

You are wrong that it proves that Wildstar128 could not show a pong game.
It only goes to prove that he did not have time to do it, if I remember correctly.



WRONG (and you know it.

Wildstar128 promised us:
Quote:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=29115&forum=2&start=340&viewmode=flat&order=0#501063



AA2 is as good as Amiga Inc.
A lot of false promises, fals hopes and not being anything usable.

_________________
AmigaONE. Haha. Just because you can put label on it does not make it Amiga.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:29:05
#163 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@xispo

Quote:
You're both like a #### on Father's day: So Happy and so lost at the same time...[

To humiliate the people is a common way to seek advantage in a Discussion. But it always fails because most just think it's ridiculous.

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:32 PM.

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Arko 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:31:14
#164 ]
Super Member
Joined: 17-Jan-2007
Posts: 1989
From: Unknown

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:


FFS man, gimme a descent app created by AA or AA2, just ONE!

I do not understand what you mean! Do not know what is FFS.
I can only advise you to the answer I gave to another person above.

[/quote]

FFS ( For Further Study / For Freak's Sake ) man, give us descent application created by AA or AA2, just ONE!

Last edited by Arko on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:33 PM.

_________________
AmigaONE. Haha. Just because you can put label on it does not make it Amiga.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:41:50
#165 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@Arko

Quote:

Arko wrote:
@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Arko

You are wrong that it proves that Wildstar128 could not show a pong game.
It only goes to prove that he did not have time to do it, if I remember correctly.



WRONG (and you know it.

Wildstar128 promised us:
Quote:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=29115&forum=2&start=340&viewmode=flat&order=0#501063


AA2 is as good as Amiga Inc.
A lot of false promises, fals hopes and not being anything usable.

While writing this I kept on with my reply to you. I think you read too early. Read again, I think it clears a bit.


Quote:

AA2 is as good as Amiga Inc.
A lot of false promises, fals hopes and not being anything usable.

Is it an opinion or is based on your experience when you tried AA?

Everyone thinks that he wants, all do not like. But the depreciation you
makes this implies that you have not tested the AA2 and then you can not say whether
it is good or not. So your answer is not useful for those who want to know.

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:45:19
#166 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@Arko

Quote:

Arko wrote:
FFS ( For Further Study / For Freak's Sake ) man, give us descent application created by AA or AA2, just ONE!


I'm poor at English and I apologize for. But I think you should keep the sarcasm out of the Discussion. The risk is that it stops being interesting then.

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:46 PM.

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:50:32
#167 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@all

Sorry but now I have to crawl into bed. Here in Sweden at bedtime!
I think I had a nice chat today . Have a nice evening / day / morning or whatever you have for the time of day.

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:51:35
#168 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 10-Jul-2005
Posts: 9254
From: Unknown

@Arko

I got SDA form from A.Inc and my legal adviser recommended not to sign it. AA/AA2 could be superb technology, but its creator (A.Inc) did many not so clever things and thus buried it. Maybe they have reasons for such policy, but I think it was (is) fatal.

Quote:
FFS ( For Further Study / For Freak's Sake ) man, give us descent application created by AA or AA2, just ONE!


Snowman maker... (only joking )

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
steril606 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 22:20:26
#169 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 11-Oct-2008
Posts: 462
From: Munich/Bavaria/Germany

This is really crazy stuff i keep reading here from the McEwen Defense Force.

Whatever Bill personally was involved with or not, as the guy standing in the public, the "CEO" of "Amiga Inc", it's his burden now to get the flak for those things that didn't happen with the company he was "leading".

It's not like anybody held a gun to his head and demanded he had to do this job (well, I suppose, but reading these lines about what happened within Amiga Inc for the last ten years, I wouldn't even be shocked if that were the case ).

People in the community are right now in a state of hype for Hyperion. Well, they did some good things to the Amiga-cause, and Amiga OS is getting better and better with them. So people here have every right to be optimistic right now.

But, if Hyperion does the same thing with the X1000 and MAP, as Bills company did with whatever they planned to release, letting the people wait for a few years, ask for money for weird coupons that don't mean anything, people will equally get ####ed off at them.

It's just the way it goes. You blunder, people get mad at you.

Is that unfair?

I don't think so..

Are people here especially unfair to poor old Bill?

I don't think so...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
opi 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 22:25:11
#170 ]
Team Member
Joined: 2-Mar-2005
Posts: 2752
From: Poland

@steril606

Quote:
It's just the way it goes.


Amigans: quantum state of insanity.

_________________
OpenWindows Initiative. Port PS3 hardware to bananas. For free. Join today and receive expired $50 cupon from AI!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 22:30:14
#171 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 10-Jul-2005
Posts: 9254
From: Unknown

@steril606

MDF. McEwen Defense Force. Sounds good...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Cool_amigaN 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 22:45:37
#172 ]
Super Member
Joined: 6-Oct-2006
Posts: 1204
From: Athens/Greece

@linnar

I don't like pong. I will be waiting from you to code Quake3 in AA2 instead.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 6:06:07
#173 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@Cool_amigaN

I see that you can wait a long, long time .......

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 6:50:32
#174 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@steril606

Quote:

steril606 wrote:
This is really crazy stuff i keep reading here from the McEwen Defense Force.

Woow, where can you find the reading?

Quote:

Whatever Bill personally was involved with or not, as the guy standing in the public, the "CEO" of "Amiga Inc", it's his burden now to get the flak for those things that didn't happen with the company he was "leading".

In legal terms, you have absolutely right (but in all honesty, he has not always been the CEO, there is a gap of some years).
What I think is that you must use the correct and friendly style when talking about other people who themselves never expressed anything bad about others. Everyone, no matter who, must be treated with respect. Otherwise, it is ok to criticize, examine and discuss the matter, I think.

The way that some forum attacking it indicates great immaturity which in turn may mean that the person is young. It is therefore important that everyone helps out a bit earlier to show how to express themselves.

Quote:

It's not like anybody held a gun to his head and demanded he had to do this job (well, I suppose, but reading these lines about what happened within Amiga Inc for the last ten years, I wouldn't even be shocked if that were the case ).

I think many CEO might say that their decision had come to because they have a gun to his head. Gun is the owners' demands for him. But, as I said earlier, it is the CEO who has the legal responsibility for their actions.

Quote:

People in the community are right now in a state of hype for Hyperion. Well, they did some good things to the Amiga-cause, and Amiga OS is getting better and better with them. So people here have every right to be optimistic right now.

I understand this very well and they have all right to be! Hyperion has done a tremendous job with OS4 and succeeded very well in creating this so that it is modern without losing its roots. Good job, Hyperion!
I tested OS4, however, owns none himself. I noticed that there are still a little bug here and there, but it solves them in time, I think.
I am critical of the Hyperion practice over the years and particularly the way they swallow up the Amiga Inc's rights. But they are good at programming, there is no doubt whatsoever. Accordance Ben Herman was one 30 people who worked with OS4 for a period so there is a real effort.

Quote:

But, if Hyperion does the same thing with the X1000 and MAP, as Bills company did with whatever they planned to release, letting the people wait for a few years, ask for money for weird coupons that don't mean anything, people will equally get ####ed off at them.

Coupong idea was idiotic, but can also be a way to save a company. but then you have to be 110% sure it succeeds.
I remember the Commodore sold the tapeplayer (storage memory) without mechanical content, to raise money so they could buy it for mechanical mount afterwards. Even more idiotic!

Quote:

It's just the way it goes. You blunder, people get mad at you.

One can never claim that any eyes shut because he wants to highlight the problem in a proper manner without involving emotions. All people deserve proper treatment! Anything else is ridiculous unproven claims.

I myself am very curious about what happens inside the walls of Amiga Inc. They have really learned the lesson not to talk too much. It is quite quiet now. Maybe there are not more or you are working on the full. Since they took down the website, we may have an impending news. Or not ....
There are some indications that the ongoing activity and there is silence from the people involved.


_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Cool_amigaN 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 7:55:23
#175 ]
Super Member
Joined: 6-Oct-2006
Posts: 1204
From: Athens/Greece

@linnar

There is nothing going on behind the walls, A.Inc. is probably selling its last worthy resort, its domain.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hondo 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 8:46:13
#176 ]
Super Member
Joined: 10-Apr-2003
Posts: 1365
From: Denmark

@Cool_amigaN

You're spot on!

@linnar

It's ok to be naive Linnar, but take a look at the facts for the last 10 years, and perhaps you too can see that a.inc succeded at NOTHING! - but they we're good at convincing people that all sorts of stuff was going on.....really good!!



_________________
On Planet Boing Trevor is God

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 8:56:17
#177 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
@linnar

There is nothing going on behind the walls, A.Inc. is probably selling its last worthy resort, its domain.

I'm afraid you're right!
Have you any source for your assertion?

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Cool_amigaN 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 9:06:34
#178 ]
Super Member
Joined: 6-Oct-2006
Posts: 1204
From: Athens/Greece

@linnar

No, as I said, "probably", I cannot be sure but I would be betting on that.

There is no other reasonable explanation for a company's website to be down, without even a support message/ proper notice; "Back for maintenance" or "Be right back with new products/website" or something similar, expect if this company has already transferred most of its trademarks and has not been doing business for ages.

And because the IP might be still worthy (AMIGA), the domain will be worthy too. Amiga.org cost around 10,000.00 USD, Amiga.com will be much, much more.

Last edited by Cool_amigaN on 10-Feb-2010 at 09:07 AM.

_________________

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 9:24:09
#179 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 26-Dec-2005
Posts: 923
From: Unknown

@Hondo

Quote:

Hondo wrote:
@Cool_amigaN

You're spot on!

@linnar

It's ok to be naive Linnar, but take a look at the facts for the last 10 years, and perhaps you too can see that a.inc succeded at NOTHING! - but they we're good at convincing people that all sorts of stuff was going on.....really good!!

Being interested in and use a neutral position can not be called naive.

Frankly, Amiga Inc achieved a part after all.

- Only the loss to buy Amiga stuff from Gateway for 5 million U.S. dollars is something that nobody else would give on. It is indeed thanks to the acquisition, which means that we now have an operating system called AmigaOS 4.x.

- Amiga Inc was also sure that the hardware could not be in a position where monopiliserad only one manufacturer exists.

- They ordered all the OS after 3.1 of outside programming firm. Hyperion got the job with OS4 because the previous declined.

- It has initiated AA and done some programming in house and from AA2 is all done in house.
I know that this thought it was unnecessary AA stuff, but for a company with constantly for little cash and a lot of promises to live up to it was necessary to have a smooth stream of revenue. There was the idea of AA väldight well as the market for gaming in mobile phones is huge. Unfortunately, Bill McEwen's three-year stay in the middle of this period, so it was wrong right away. With AA2 saw it really good but the time to produce a finished product has been too long for some unknown reason. I think the reason for the long wait is because they changed tactics when they realized that Hyperion has hogged the OS4 on their own behalf. The tactic was now to develop the first "OS5" and then continue with AA2. AA2 is easy to develop as part of the code comes from "OS5".

- Another important thing that is rarely spoken about is the surge Amiga got to be bought off the Amiga from Gateway and the subsequent events. The fat man got up then is still.

Despite all the justified criticism of Amiga Inc, it is so that we were still fiddling with the old A500 and A1200 cans. The question is whether even the Hyperion and several other players had not been for Bill McEwen had bought Amiga.

Bill McEwen gave Amiga a second chance!

_________________
There are very interesting in all languages.
http://www.kensonpro.com
Program, codes for websites, hifi, measuring instruments and more. The site is of more than 1200 pages and nearly 3Gb .

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
polka. 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 10-Feb-2010 9:30:43
#180 ]
Super Member
Joined: 13-Oct-2005
Posts: 1820
From: Tortuga

@linnar

Quote:
Being interested in and use a neutral position can not be called naive.


You do not have a neutral position.

Quote:
With AA2 saw it really good but the time to produce a finished product has been too long for some unknown reason. I think the reason for the long wait is because they changed tactics when they realized that Hyperion has hogged the OS4 on their own behalf.


I rather believe that it was because they had nearly no employees (contrary to what McBill always claimed).

_________________
This signature is in the middle of a much needed facelift!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle