Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
53 crawler(s) on-line.
 42 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

amigakit,  michalsc

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 michalsc:  45 secs ago
 amigakit:  1 min ago
 wealddown603:  8 mins ago
 bhabbott:  59 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 MagicSN:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 tekmage:  2 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A-eon interview
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
ruben 
Re: A-eon interview
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 15:41:26
#41 ]

@koft

Quote:
Extracting every last drop of blood possible from the community

Wrong forum. For vampirism and/or blood donation issues click the other link.

Profile     Report this post  
koft 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 15:47:33
#42 ]

@KimmoK

Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
Magazines are one way for developers to show their products.

Sure, but it's probably the worst way to show off a product in the Amiga community. I'm not knocking the magazine, but what percentage of the community is signed up for it? 1%? It doesn't make any sense, it's like they want to #### people off.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 15:57:43
#43 ]
Team Member

@koft

Quote:

koft wrote:
@_ThEcRoW

Quote:

_ThEcRoW wrote:
WHat has to do with the future of possible hard/soft development the buy of a mag?.

Extracting every last drop of blood possible from the community.

Who do you think is doing that? If a magazine is not financially supported by subscriptions and/or advertisers it has no reason to have to go on. As it is any Amiga mag likely operates at a loss as a labor of love.

Amiga 1200

drHirudo 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 15:57:44
#44 ]

@koft

By your "logic" all the printed magazines are rip off the people, because they can read all the information online? It's all letters you see.

Magazines are one way for developers to show their products. It is not the only way, but it is a way.

Also don't assume the people love to stare at displays all day long. If you go hiking in the mountain, sure you may take your laptop, but I would prefer a magazine. If I fall and break the magazine I will not be sorry. Whatever, I am not trying to convince you anything, because you look convinced about your "right" opinion already.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 15:59:38
#45 ]
Team Member

@koft

Quote:

koft wrote:
@KimmoK

Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
Magazines are one way for developers to show their products.

Sure, but it's probably the worst way to show off a product in the Amiga community. I'm not knocking the magazine, but what percentage of the community is signed up for it? 1%? It doesn't make any sense, it's like they want to #### people off.

Or maybe they simply got approached for an interview and granted the request. No conspiracy theory is warranted here, half joking or not.

Amiga 1200

koft 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 18:34:12
#46 ]

My beef is isn't with the magazine. I think it's cool that an Amiga magazine still exists.

Regarding the AmigaOneX1000, everybody wants to know more about it but Hyperion/A-Eon stupidly decided to release information about a product they're going to sell in a magazine and make everyone else in the community who doesn't want to buy the magazine wait. I don't want to subscribe to Amiga Future for 60 euros just to see what Hyperion/A-Eon has to say about their latest project.

Think of it this way, how many people bought a single issue just to read what amounts to an advertisement for Hyperion/A-Eon? If you wanted the magazine, then cool, if you just bought it to read the interview, you might be chump.

Is Hyperion/A-Eon clueless? Do they have no understanding about how much the community has been jerked around over the years? Do they even care? It's like all this PR was put together by unemployed marketing chimps.

I don't think we'll know anything until this sucker rolls out the door and user reports start flowing in. Can't wait for that day.

vision 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 18:47:31
#47 ]

I tried to buy the magazine, but after an unconfortable process of payment, and finding that it would cost me almost 12 EURO (11,75) for a b/w magazine (including a 3,75 charge for sending from Germany to Spain??, WTF???) I said: bye bye AF, I'll use my money in something less expensive and more productive.

drHirudo 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 18:51:30
#48 ]

@koft

You don't know what exactly is written in the interview, meaning that all your random ramblings are pointless. They are not marketing anything with this interview, because this hardware is not released yet. The X-1000 is vapourware, remember?

Which makes me wonder, why you made such big pointless post?

Anothery conspiracy theory if you like them: if Amiga Future have a deal with Hyperion, they may gain some marketing information. If the sold copies of this particular issue are more than normal, then the difference between ordinary issue sales and this issue, may actually mean what is the number of people interested so much in the X1000, that they went as far as buying a printed magazine which they usualy don't buy. Win-Win situation for Amiga Future and Hyperion.

And you dear koft is not counted in the number of interested people, because as you said, you will not buy the magazine.

Draby 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 18:59:01
#49 ]

@koft @vision

Take a look at post #32 where TrevorD explains that the A-eon faq will be updated after publication, thereby reducing your obvious levels of stress.

koft 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 18:59:41
#50 ]

@drHirudo

Why are you claiming to know what's in the interview, have you read it? They're not marketing anything, really? What do you call an article about a new product? Regarding this interview, obviously they're not trying to get some exposure. *rolls eyes*.

I wonder if they'll talk about the XS1-L1 device, you know, that chip that was put front and center on A-Eon.com

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 19:13:11
#51 ]
Team Member

@koft

Quote:
Regarding the AmigaOneX1000, everybody wants to know more about it but Hyperion/A-Eon stupidly decided to release information about a product they're going to sell in a magazine and make everyone else in the community who doesn't want to buy the magazine wait.

This suspension of reality that goes on is sometimes stunning. When a gaming magazine asks to interview Bioware and they say "ok" no one lines up with nonsense about it being a purposeful move to make "everyone else in the [gaming] community who dosen't want to buy the magazine wait".

If you want to see the interview you buy the magazine. The only one withholding info from you is the magazine publisher, where he will release that info to you for a price. A-Eon has ZERO to do with that transaction. Hell not having read the interview you don't even know if there is any new and/or interesting info. After all, the quality of the questions is important too.

Quote:
Think of it this way, how many people bought a single issue just to read what amounts to an advertisement for Hyperion/A-Eon? If you wanted the magazine, then cool, if you just bought it to read the interview, you might be chump.

If you want to read the interview that means you want the magazine because thats the periodical carrying the content you seek. You have not read the interview yet declare it basically just an advert. Thats an unfair statement on its face given your lack of knowledge on the interview content. And no one is a "chump" if they buy the magazine because they want to read the interview, whether the interview is bad or good is a separate issue.

Quote:
Is Hyperion/A-Eon clueless? Do they have no understanding about how much the community has been jerked around over the years? Do they even care? It's like all this PR was put together by unemployed marketing chimps.

So accepting an interview request from an Amiga magazine for something Amiga related is a PR blunder to the extent that you are comparing decision makers there to chimps??? No, thats BS to do that.

Amiga 1200

asymetrix 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 19:46:43
#52 ]
Cult Member

@all

I hope the next magazine would have a complete review of the AmigaOne X1000, full screen layouts of this beauty.

A detailed A1X1000 multipage edition would not only interest Amigans but also non Amigans interested in how this hardware is made, the XMOS technology, speed tests etc

Some comments from core developers both in ond out of the Amiga community - this could be one really good way to advertise and promote the AmigaOne X1000 !

KimmoK 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 19:54:12
#53 ]
Elite Member

About the silence...

Most propably their partner(s) are not ready for the rest of the details. (especially concerning the CPU, and to me it seems that the CPU is tightly tied to the desning/manufacturing company)

In the best case the CPU source is a big company, because big companies have the tightest PR policy (remembering the Nokia MediaTerminal saga).
In the worst case ... the CPU availability is still a little bit unsure.

It seems the other of the nemo/x1000 details will start flowing, anyway.

Last edited by KimmoK on 05-Mar-2010 at 07:55 PM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Hans 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 21:04:05
#54 ]
Elite Member

I let my AmigaFuture subscription lapse a while ago, and this has motivated me to get this latest issue.

It makes perfect sense for AmigaFuture to interview A-Eon, because this is exactly the kind of information that its readers want. It makes the magazine more relevant. I'm not sure why a few people are worried that they won't get the information if they don't buy the magazine. We've always been given all the important details here (and info about the X1000 is important), just a bit later than those who buy the magazines.

Hans

Troels 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 21:14:35
#55 ]
Elite Member

@Koft
I fail to see the problem, it's not like magazine exclusives are anything new. Not even in Amiga terms. A lot of people want the news and it's a pretty good scoop for AF, at the same time it's also of importance to AEON/Hyperion that we have a good magazine covering the Amiga, so cooperation is logical.

It's not like us without the magazine is not told, we just have to wait for news to hit the net, it's no big deal really.

amije 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 21:58:09
#56 ]

@vision

i subscribe to af 2 months ago for about half of this price and postage to greece.
you may made something wrong in the procces.
better send an email or pm at AndreasM and ask for help.

Pegasos2/G3 AmigaOS4.1.2/Morphos2.7/Debian6.0/OpenSuse11.1
MacMini/G4 1.5 MorphOS 2.7/OSX 10.5.8

Long Live Amiga

amigang 
Posted on 5-Mar-2010 22:59:59
#57 ]
Elite Member

I think this is a good thing by Hyperion/A-eon, the reason:-

1.it lets the most dedicated fans of the Amiga know the information first (by just a few weeks)
2.it supports one of the last magazines for the Amiga community, helping it to survive
3.it gives reason for the magazine to continue

Only thing I would say is they should perhaps offer a pdf sub version that say is half the price but comes out a month behind the printed one, giving users that would just like a copy of the mag while it still half uptodate a reason for getting it and still gives enough reason for the printed one to continue for the people who just cant wait.

On another note I would like a-eon to be interviewed by Amiga Round Table as i do enjoy that podcast and they haven't made one for a while, i hope it still continues I know the whole "who owns amiga.org revile" was a bit of a mess, but I hope they keep making them.

Last edited by amigang on 05-Mar-2010 at 11:04 PM.

steril606 
Posted on 6-Mar-2010 0:23:43
#58 ]

@amigang

You made a good point there... it actually shows, that A-EON takes care about the community, not the opposite. They are actively supporting the last Amiga-magazine around with this interview.

And for the rest, A-EON will update the newsthread. So everybody will be happy...

amigasociety 
Posted on 6-Mar-2010 0:26:06
#59 ]
Cult Member

@steril606

Quote:

steril606 wrote:
@amigang

You made a good point there... it actually shows, that A-EON takes care about the community, not the opposite. They are actively supporting the last Amiga-magazine around with this interview.

And for the rest, A-EON will update the newsthread. So everybody will be happy...

Last "english" magazine that is. I thought there were other mags out there?

tj

steril606 
Posted on 6-Mar-2010 0:29:53
#60 ]

@MacSociety

Well, it's the last german one as well, as far as i know? Anybody any idea if there are any other Amiga mags around? I certainly don't know of any..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle