Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
5 crawler(s) on-line.
 149 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

BigD

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 BigD:  4 mins ago
 pixie:  55 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 jPV:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 55 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )
PosterThread
kas1e 
Re: AmigaOS4.1 OWB Development whilst we wait?
Posted on 26-Apr-2011 17:56:54
#1041 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

I think he not have original sources at all, but just only new one, done specially for mui4. But will be cool if i wrong, and he have sources. Anyway, something make me think that he will not give anything, just because of whole morphos-team not in interest to spreads sources of mui4 (as many times was says) or any classes which was done specially for morphos.

Related to Crawling.mcc - its just some ancient class, and we have 68k version of it which works fine (so no problems here). It uses for example for making .mcp prefs works for external classes. I.e. without crawling.mcc all the external classes (like for example that Lamp.mcc), will works, just prefs will not works. In our case worring about crawling.mcc make no sense.

PS. That is from readme of morphos realisation:

Quote:

Lamp 20.x is the morphos native reimplementation (done from scratch)
which mimics the original 1:1, but additionally has following enhancements:

What mean that original sources was not involved.

Last edited by kas1e on 26-Apr-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 26-Apr-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 26-Apr-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Kicko 
Posted on 26-Apr-2011 19:25:46
#1042 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

i havent follow this thread that much but i see you talk about buggy lamp.mcc. I remember there was talk about that for many years ago when i used classic. But i dont remember if it was lamp.mcc or if it was TWFmultiled.

If you havent checked it out its called MCC_TWFmultiLED. You can find it on zeroheros mui page.

samo79 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 0:43:29
#1043 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Ok Roman, already sent a quick mail to Tokai.

Stay tuned

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

kas1e 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 13:24:43
#1044 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

Just some news which need to say:

1. No more slow pages (which was caused of buggy WebKit's implementation of css3-shadows).

2. Tboeckel almost finish our native Lamp class ! (samo79, i expect that you will not have success with morphos version sources, but now we not need it anymore).

3. Found one more strange bug related to fonts : webcore fonts not have aliasing by some reassons, maybe need add something to code which aos4 related, maybe need install fonts somehow different, or maybe need to do something else .. that is not real bug of course, just some "problem" in beetwen, but we will worring about it in last.

samo79 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 13:34:23
#1045 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Hey Roman

Quote:
1. No more slow pages (which was caused of buggy WebKit's implementation of css3-shadows).

Yep i know it was a problem of the old WebKit snapshot, now it should be fixed on trunk

Quote:
2. Tboeckel almost finish our native Lamp class ! (samo79, i expect that you will not have success with morphos version sources, but now we not need it anymore).

OMG fast !
Kudos to Thore i didn't expect it in a few days

(about mail: i wait for his reply aniway, i'm curious)

Quote:
3. Found one more strange bug related to fonts : webcore fonts not have aliasing by some reassons, maybe need add something to code which aos4 related, maybe need install fonts somehow different, or maybe need to do something else .. that is not real bug of course, just some "problem" in beetwen, but we will worring about it in last.

How about native fonts like Reaction OWB instead ?
It seems we have some time since Update 3 will be out

kas1e 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 13:43:23
#1046 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

Quote:

How about native fonts like Reaction OWB instead ?
It seems we have some time since Update 3 will be out

Huge, routine and boring work. Without webcore fonts (with default amigaos4 ones) everything works fine and looks fine, just not aligned where it should be aligned (like on the Fab's page),

Check the align difference with default aos4 fonts

And check if i use webcore font (corier-new)

You can see that with corier there is like no aliasing for text, or like not subpixeling. It can be and because of freetype port, and because of fontconfig port, and because of some settings in the os, and because of some settings in the code, and because of the way of installing fonts to os4. I dunno all of this, so will need to dig in about.

Sure, Joerg's implementation are good one: no waiting on first run while font-cache generation happens, and looks like fonts in his version and aliased, and aligned. Dunno how he do all of this, need to check sources deeper, understand how all that font crap works and so on.

I keep it in mind of course, but it will be the very latest problem to fix ( i mean firstly need to fix curl, etc).

samo79 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 13:56:34
#1047 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Yes main solution would be ask Joerg directly and maybe obtain the source part, but i know isn't so easy as we speak :-/

Fonts on OWB Reaction are excellent

kas1e 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 13:59:52
#1048 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

I have sources of ra-owb (that version which was latest updated to public OWB svn, already with Joerg's fonts realisation), so we can dig in already. Anyway, i think someone on os4coding/amigans should know more about, so after some tests i can ask questions and fix it (just not right now).

djrikki 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 14:02:55
#1049 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

Shame AmigaOS doesn't bloody come with Arial though! Shouldn't have to resort to downloading font torrents to install the world's no.1 font or copy from Microsoft Office.

I hate how current OWB defaults to this Courier nonsense.

Last edited by djrikki on 27-Apr-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Last edited by djrikki on 27-Apr-2011 at 02:03 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 14:06:57
#1050 ]
Elite Member

@djrikki

Quote:

Shame AmigaOS doesn't bloody come with Arial though! Shouldn't have to resort to downloading font torrents to install the world's no.1 font or copying from Microsoft Office.

With mui-owb come script, which called "download webcore fonts" , by pressing on which icons all the fonts downloads automatically and installs. All what you need after its run OWB , fontconfig-chache will be rebuilded, and that all.

Quote:

I hate how current OWB defaults to this Courier nonsense.

Current OWB not use Courier, i think current owb use all those default aos4 fonts. And current mui-owb port by default also use aos4 fonts (the same as in ra-owb). Just there is a some bug with webcore-fonts which need to understand/fix (everyone hate bugs, not only you).

Last edited by kas1e on 27-Apr-2011 at 02:07 PM.

djrikki 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 14:10:20
#1051 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

Webcore fonts, that sounds like an interesting development. :)

cha05e90 
Posted on 27-Apr-2011 19:58:19
#1052 ]

@djrikki
Quote:
Shame AmigaOS doesn't bloody come with Arial though!

AmigaOS3.x, AmigaOS4.x, MorphOS2.x - don't know about AROS - you *always* have to download the Webcore fonts by yourself, nothing special here. It's still utter b******t that web developers use some obscure standard Microsoft Windows fonts in their pages/css.

kas1e 
Posted on 12-May-2011 17:04:06
#1053 ]
Elite Member

@all
mui-owb progress:

1. Deniil fixed problems with cookie-manager. PRoblems was because mui4 not need it ListView anymore (its obsolete in mui4), but mui3.9 still need it, so, at some place no ListView was => crashes-problems. Deniil add the crap and now all is fine

2. Mouse pointers added and works. There i just grab joerg's code from his latest commits on OWB page, and as fab say, joerg's implementation of pointers-support are better , so, i go better route and reuse his code.

And as usuall fixed some small bugs there and there. For now some heavy testing is going, to avoid as much as possible bugs of the first release. And for now all what we need (what we need for _real_, not for light-cosmetic) : fix curl on the URI (for making open local files and d&d of file on owb window works fine) , and check if we port plugins part normally. For that fab will make some small example soon, and we will test if all going well. And if so, then we even can try to port "sfwdec". Its in general will not play youtube directly , but will be pretty nice to have while we not merge with latest fab's code and not port his mediaplayer. At last on some sites with "flash" buttons , or simply flash animation / interactivity it will help.

gtmooya 
Posted on 12-May-2011 17:43:45
#1054 ]

@djrikki

Quote:
Shame AmigaOS doesn't bloody come with Arial though! Shouldn't have to resort to downloading font torrents to install the world's no.1 font or copy from Microsoft Office. I hate how current OWB defaults to this Courier nonsense.

The web core fonts used to be available from the Microsoft website although they were removed a few years ago for some reason I can't remember. I think there is some legal issue that restricts distribution of the web core fonts, for example Canonical do not include them with Ubuntu, you have to download and install a separate 'restricted extras' package.

@kas1e

Good news about the script to download and install web core fonts, they are a nuisance to track down.

Can't wait for the new OWB. Bring on update 3!

Random feature request: any chance of including a full screen mode please if not already included?

Also, is it possible to upload videos to YouTube and similarly photos to eBay in this OWB? Neither seem to work currently in reaction OWB.

Last edited by gtmooya on 12-May-2011 at 05:44 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 12-May-2011 17:59:45
#1055 ]
Elite Member

@gtmooya

Quote:

Can't wait for the new OWB. Bring on update 3!

I think that update3 will come right when we will fully finish port. I.e. 1:1 (because need to tests, finish plugins, etc). I mean even if release update3 right now, or just mui, we still will not release owb because of some bugs which just need to fix (to avoid ranting of many users about bugs which we already know).

Quote:

Random feature request: any chance of including a full screen mode please if not already included?

Mui is highly configurable, so you can choice any app on any screen (as well as i think you can choice to use any Reaction based app on any screen, via "screens" tool in system: ) So all what you will need its run owb, go to mui prefs, and select ot use full-screen mode for that app.

Quote:

Also, is it possible to upload videos to YouTube and similarly photos to eBay in this OWB? Neither seem to work currently in reaction OWB.

Hm.. Dunno to be honest. If it use FLash, then limitations will be the same (if only swfdec we will port for first release, and it will handle fine that).

But if its not Flash, but anything else: then it should works.

gtmooya 
Posted on 12-May-2011 18:11:32
#1056 ]

@kas1e

Quote:
Hm.. Dunno to be honest. If it use FLash, then limitations will be the same (if only swfdec we will port for first release, and it will handle fine that). But if its not Flash, but anything else: then it should works.

YouTube video uploader not flash, works in reaction OWB up to a point, i.e. you can select the file you want from the drive, and start filling in the comments parts, but upload always fails after a few seconds. Annoying to make a video on the Amiga and then have to use another computer to upload. ffmpeg has a preset for converting video files to MP4 and Flash, I'm trying to upload MP4 videos here.

Similar story with eBay selling form/photo uploader.

kas1e 
Posted on 12-May-2011 18:16:39
#1057 ]
Elite Member

@gtmooya

Will try right now on youtube.

gtmooya 
Posted on 12-May-2011 18:16:40
#1058 ]

@kas1e

Quote:
Mui is highly configurable, so you can choice any app on any screen (as well as i think you can choice to use any Reaction based app on any screen, via "screens" tool in system: ) So all what you will need its run owb, go to mui prefs, and select ot use full-screen mode for that app.

Didn't realise this could be achieved with MUI settings, is it possible to add a menu entry/keyboard short-cut to OWB for switching to and from full screen?

kas1e 
Posted on 12-May-2011 18:17:21
#1059 ]
Elite Member

@gtmooya

Quote:

Didn't realise this could be achieved with MUI settings, is it possible to add a menu entry/keyboard short-cut to OWB for switching to and from full screen?

Don't know, need ask Fab , maybe already implemented , or maybe in TODO, or maybe no one ask about it before :)

kas1e 
Posted on 12-May-2011 18:26:05
#1060 ]
Elite Member

@gtmooya

Tryed to upload video to youtube : and forget that we not fix curl's URI :) So all works with local files now (like open local file, d&d of file on owb window, and all that uploading stuff) - not works. Right now its #1 priority to fix curl in that terms, and then we can test.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle