Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 45 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Karlos:  9 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  27 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  30 mins ago
 Marcian:  33 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  35 mins ago
 kolla:  42 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Trevor's Amiga Blog
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 Next Page )
PosterThread
utri007 
Re: Trevor's Amiga Blog
Posted on 4-Apr-2013 22:34:43
#281 ]

@vox

Quote:
Gladly, if I had ~3000 euros to complete system, pay VAT, P&P and import taxes ...
We ll see what my bank says before the stock is ran out. Maybe additional job and some 5 years of slavery would do the trick

Surpricingly many of bank robbing remains unresolved ;)

X1000 would be really nice machine.

Profile     Report this post  
Franko 
Posted on 4-Apr-2013 23:05:18
#282 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@Franko
Nice stance, but why having Classic versus NG attitude?

There isn't a Classic Vs NG stance (least not on my part)...

As I said so called "classic" users like me whom have stuck with "classics" all the way through are in general the more happier ones and aren't forever wishing for someone to update our OS or bring out new hardware (in terms of a new motherboard) whereas the other 3 AmigaDave mentioned seem to spend all of there time hoping for such things and very rarely (if ever) anyone actually ever bringis them to fulfil those dreams...

Amiga.inc never did anything at all to bring about the split (Amiga.inc never did bugger all with the Amiga except try to kill it off)...

There was quite simply a couple of points I was trying to make there, one was jokingly that if everyone had stuck with 68K then their would have been no "different camps" division in Amigaland...

The other was, it shouldn't matter to anyone one of us no matter what we choose use as an Amiga what anyone else has to say about it and in no way should anyone else's opinions or views affect or spoil our own individual use or enjoyment of it, unless you choose to allow that...

Simple Analogy...

Sports... be it team sports or individual sports each have many teams or many individual competitors, all of which have their own fans whom support individual teams or competitors...

Now if everyone supported the same team or same individual competitor then A) sport would become extremely boring and B) would soon die out altogether...

Fans of each of these teams or individual competitors all say things each don't like about the others team or chosen sportsperson, they often chant not very nice things at each other or boo and hiss their competition but... it doesn't spoil their enjoyment of whatever sport it happens to be, nor do they call for the other lots fans to be banned. Otherwise they wouldn't come back time after time to do it all over again and again...

That's because most people take it for what it is and understand that it is nothing more than different viewpoints & banter. Yet for some bizarre reason certain folk on these forums call for anyone to be banned or censored simply because they don't share the same opinions or viewpoints as them or even they way they speak (as in post)... why is that... I can't answer that one but all I do know is, it's probably the dumbest thing I've ever came across in my entire life but thankfully only seems to be a quirk of these online forums...

terminills 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 1:13:28
#283 ]
AROS Core Developer

@amigadave
Quote:

If you are holding on to the rights to control the continuing development of AmigaOS4.x because you believe you will ever recover even a fraction of your investment, I am afraid you will be very disappointed

This has been addressed.

Last edited by terminills on 05-Apr-2013 at 01:18 AM.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

wawa 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 1:52:23
#284 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

see vox has successfully derailed the thread again. why do you get into those endless discussions again? it makes no sense.

vox 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 8:36:16
#285 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
see vox has successfully derailed the thread again. why do you get into those endless discussions again? it makes no sense.

OK, my proposal is to move that subject to another thread. I will not flame it in this thread anymore.

Must be me derailing all the time :)

And as usual "Jewbacca defense" seems to work great
- it does NOT make sense! (as well as Amiga land does not make
sense in many ways - from trolling and flamming any progress,
to its existence at all in 2013)

South Park style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE

Back on topic, Trevor has again clarified Catweasel mk4 is out of production,
and that indeed he was speaking of mk2 - so I was completely wrong.

Good side of the news is that mk2 is about half price of mk4, while offering
most of functionality
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=567
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=842

So it does make a lot of sense now

And as another "community catch phrase" -
AmigaOne floppy situation has been addressed

Last edited by vox on 05-Apr-2013 at 08:38 AM.

vox 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 9:20:06
#286 ]
Elite Member

@utri007

Quote:
Surpricingly many of bank robbing remains unresolved ;) X1000 would be really nice machine.

Sadly, the X1000 seems to be gone higher in price, and is now 2 200 GBP including VAT but excluding AmigaOS 4.1 / 4.2 license, making it even less accessible. This maybe really marks it is the last stock.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=1071

And that explains what this means in practice Quote:
Despite high and volatile CPU prices, A-EON has commissioned another limited batch of systems to fulfill the demand on our pre-order list.

Off course, there is warning sign, but I do assume price is right. Only people really pre ordering can confirm this, at sadly, at this time, just can`t afford it.

Quote:
THIS PRODUCT PAGE IS FOR USE BY REGISTERED CUSTOMERS ON THE X1000 PRE-ORDER LIST AND BY INVITATION ONLY. IF YOU WISH TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST PLEASE GO HERE: www.amigakit.com/x1000

Last edited by vox on 05-Apr-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Troels 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 9:43:11
#287 ]
Elite Member

@vox
With that price label on it it's certainly out of reach of most Amigans. Good to see there's demand for another production run though.

Still I wonder what could be done to make new powerful AmigaOS capable machines more accessible in the future. No I don't count SAM460 as powerful by todays standard:)

Hope A-eon, A-cube and Hyperion are looking into that.

realize 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 13:13:25
#288 ]

@Franko

Quote:

Please stop lying and embarrassing yourself. Anybody who knows your Moobunny posts can clearly prove this lie.

So i'll ask again outside of the attention you get why do you post on an Amiga NG website? Well, besides ego problems and wanting to derail threads and create useless posts?

Just answer the question honestly for a change.

Yo 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 13:24:46
#289 ]
Team Member

@realize

Can we start another thread that deals with 'Rumours, Lies and the Butcher's Wife', please? This thread is for Trevor's blog, please leave it as such.

Thank you kindly for your consideration.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

wawa 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 13:30:52
#290 ]
Elite Member

@realize

sorry, but this site is still called amigaworld.net, not amiga-ng.net or the like. why do you come to a conclusion that only ng users are allowed here, beats me?

edit: also exactly what yo says.

Last edited by wawa on 05-Apr-2013 at 01:32 PM.

terminills 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 13:36:42
#291 ]
AROS Core Developer

@realize

Quote:
So i'll ask again outside of the attention you get why do you post on an Amiga NG website? Well, besides ego problems and wanting to derail threads and create useless posts?

As someone who doesn't always agree with Franko I will say I do find this a bit ironic. I understand the past arguments you two have had. However don't you think it's time to move on?

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

CritAnime 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 15:50:37
#292 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Franko

Quote:

Please stop lying and embarrassing yourself. Anybody who knows your Moobunny posts can clearly prove this lie.

For when the butthurt gets too much.

Last edited by CritAnime on 05-Apr-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

Arko 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 15:56:10
#293 ]

@utri007

Quote:

X1000 would be really nice machine.

At least the X1000 has a 2GHz CPU:
http://www.xolo.in/x1000

Last edited by Arko on 05-Apr-2013 at 04:00 PM.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

terminills 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 16:11:26
#294 ]
AROS Core Developer

@Arko

I found this x1000 for $200.

Franko 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 16:41:47
#295 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Franko

Quote:

Sigh... here we go YET AGAIN...

In your 3 year ongoing crusade to desperately get my attention then today's you lucky day...

Shame it has to be same old answers I've had to give you for the past three years but here we go again as that full frontal lobotomy you had has obviously had adverse affects on you memory (as well a your sanity)...

Lies... only person I know that post lies is yourself...

Small Reminder (Yet Again) Of Your Impecible Reputaion...

Alway on about me being embarrassed, told you countless times before I aint embarrassed about anything I say or do, so stop worrying about me being embarrassed about anything cos as I've assured you before I most certainly aint embarrassed about anything... You on the other hand well sure you've got a hell of a lot to be embarrassed about...

You aint very clever are you, hasn't your care worker or a grown up explained to you yet that AmigaWorld.net is NOT AN "NG" ONLY SITE...

It pretty easy to understand that really , I mean the obvious giveaway to that is the fact the site has sections for "CLASSIC AMIGAS" so therefore that makes it abundantly clear that you aint very bright or have reading difficulties...

One day when you've grown up or reached the education level of a six year old you will maybe understand that I've answered you totally incorrect and always wrong question as best as I could over the past three years...

Until then keep taking the tablets and find some professional help to get you out of this unhealthy obsession you have with me that has taken over your life for almost 3 years now...

Until then... have a nice life and I sincerely hope they sort out your difficulties for you...

PS: Don't forget to click the "REPORT" button as your master has informed you to do...

Last edited by Franko on 05-Apr-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Darrin 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 16:51:52
#296 ]
Team Member

@realize

To quote Michelle of the Resistance, I will say dis only once:

What members want to post on other sites is their business, concern yourself with what they post here on AW.net.

This site deals with all "Amiga-like" solutions. We're even happy to chat about old Commodore 8 bit machines and even have forums hidden away for any other stuff like the Raspberry Pi, etc.

Attacking forum members for just being here because you don't personally like them isn't an option open to you and we have solutiuons to that.

Finally, I don't recall Trevor mentioning Franko on his blog.

Last edited by Darrin on 05-Apr-2013 at 04:52 PM.

jorkany 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 17:59:57
#297 ]
Cult Member

I think it's interesting that AmigaKit is stockpiling Amiga 1200s in their warehouse yet do not list them on their storefront.

http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/?p=2998
Quote:
They have a large warehouse stacked with all manner of Amiga goodies from brand new Classic Towers to pristine Amiga 1200 Magic packs and, as the saying goes, a whole lot more.

http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Magic_Kingdom.1.jpg

vox 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 18:13:47
#298 ]
Elite Member

@jorkany

Quote:
I think it's interesting that AmigaKit is stockpiling Amiga 1200s in their warehouse yet do not list them on their storefront.

Also has some x1000 but do not list them on their storefront.

As well as mentioned mk2 is officially TBA " to be available"

That doesn't yet make Photoshopped images, point is AmiKit can and presumably
will put these things to sale.

Its not conspiracy around every corner.

Quote:
Yes, this is a cult

Which kind of cult?

Last edited by vox on 05-Apr-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Last edited by vox on 05-Apr-2013 at 06:15 PM.

amigadave 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 18:22:27
#299 ]

@jorkany,

I think AmigaKit is just a little behind updating their Online store front website, as they have a few other things that keep them busy.

If you want the worst Amiga Online store that is years behind updating it's site, check out Software Hut, which has not updated some pages in many years.

Amiga_3k 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 18:24:09
#300 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave

A1200s are on the front page of the site (.eu domain).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle