Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 111 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cncparts:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 Beajar:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 52 mins ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 42 mins ago
 Bruce72:  4 hrs 43 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  5 hrs 31 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Evert Carton speaks About Cooperation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
jorit2 
Re: Evert Carton speaks
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 16:05:33
#101 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:
@jorit2
It does not, it means that Jorit2 might have downloaded the image from letshavealook.info and changed it, Jorit2 does not need access to letshavealook.info to download a publicly availabile image and so the howis record on letshavealook.info is there for irrelevant. Jorit2 might have found letshavealook.info by googling.

But he would have to put the modified image back on the letshavealook.info server ... because the image you see when you read that post, is pulled live from the letshavealook server, not from an AmigaWorld server or not statically embedded in the webpage ... Everytime somebody looks at that post, he's talking to my little webserver ... You can check that for yourself by looking at the properties of the image in that post.

Of course, jorit2 could have hacked the letshavealook.info server, and posted that image there without Evert even knowing, but then I consider it to be your duty to contact Evert Carton by email, the email-address can easily be found, and let him know his server has been compromised.

Or maybe there's this conspiracy going on between Evert Carton and jorit2, conspiring to have jorit2 impersonate Evert Carton ????

And who says I'm talking to Kjetl Hvalstrand, the creator of amigainputanywhere, when using Skype ... nobody forces you to give proof of identity when you create a Skype-account.

When registering the letshavealook.info domain on the other hand, I had to give a proof of ID ... In order to get an SSL certificate for the letshavealook.info domain, that did expire by the way and I no longer use it, I had to send copies of passports and other paperwork to prove my identity. And that certificate could only be used for the letshavealook.info domain.

But ... you know, I'll just spend the rest of my days knowing that I could never convince nutsaboutamiga whoever he may be, I have no idea, that jorit2 is indeed Evert Carton.

Last edited by jorit2 on 07-Apr-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 07-Apr-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 07-Apr-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 16:19:50
#102 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Sorry about that, he asked me question, so I guess he expected a reply.
Anyway if you want to prove who you are the best one is the simple one.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 16:27:58
#103 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

you are apparently the single person assuming that evert carton account here, jorit2, is a fake. cant you take it to pm instead making it a public showcase of your stuborness?

Yo 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 16:36:16
#104 ]
Team Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

TOP of Evert's "To Do List" -- Skype Nuts.

This is great, no seriously, I've not laughed this hard in ages, please, keep it up!

And, again, that's for being such a good sport, Evert.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 17:08:53
#105 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Actually I did not find any image, what image was it?

Quote:
but then I consider it to be your duty to contact Evert Carton by email, the email-address can easily be found, and let him know his server has been compromised.

Not a “duty” is some thing you most do, I don't go looking for hacked web pages so I can report this to the owner, If however I was your customer, and I need access to some web page you provided ASAP, then I contact you as soon as noticed it.

Quote:
Or maybe there's this conspiracy going on between Evert Carton and jorit2, conspiring to have jorit2 impersonate Evert Carton ????

LOL, yes it has to be.

Quote:
nobody forces you to give proof of identity when you create a Skype-account.

True, but if you have webcam you can see the person your taking whit, of carouse there are people that look like some one else, but its really hard to fake, of carouse you need to know what Kjetil Hvalstrand looks like to confirm my identity.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 17:16:39
#106 ]
Elite Member

@Yo

Your welcome Yo, skype me when ever you like, as long as its not whit in work hours.

OlafS25 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 17:20:30
#107 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Yawn... it is getting boring now

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 17:35:51
#108 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@NutsAboutAmiga

Yawn... it is getting boring now

I don't mind actually...

I just wish he'd stop ruddy well saying "WHIT"...

Oi... nuts... fix yer ruddy spillchucker please...

kindergip 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 17:49:45
#109 ]

Wow, once again on a Sunday morning I get sucked into reading a thread full of drama and angst. I promised myself I wouldn't do this any more but occasionally I lapse, and I pay the price with a loss of time, that will never be recovered, all due to recidivist proclivities left over from years of .advocacy.

I've made my views known over time and no longer feel a need to repeat them or even argue for them. The Amiga and AmigaOS are still alive. No amount of verbiage will change that fact. I've been using Amigas since the A1000 and now have an X1000 sitting on my desk. It's sitting there because someone believed and made it happen despite long odds, minuscule resources, and an ongoing antonymous schadenfreude festering in the 'community'..

No amount of emotionally charged argument, empty hyperbolic ranting or fallacious rhetoric is going to change that fact, talking heads, sock puppets, deranged haters, multiple personalities, proxy fakes, and pseudo anonymous personalities notwithstanding.

To those who are still making the dream and even to those who have fallen to the wayside because of circumstances there is still hope and that cannot be taken away by those who do not believe.

OlafS25 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 18:03:41
#110 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

The thread was and is about collaboration and one person doubting that one of the nicks is Evert Carton. Where is "angst" here? People only say how they see it. Gratulation to your 2-Core X1000 (3000 EUR) but I am quiet happy with my 3-Core Notebook (600 EUR). That is how most people (expecially outside the community) see it. That has nothing to do with "angst" or "schadenfreude".

Last edited by OlafS25 on 07-Apr-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 18:08:43
#111 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

Wowsers... someones swallowed two whole dictionaries for breakfast there, with a tiny pocketbook thesaurus on the side methinks ...

When I grow up I hope to be able to read all of your post there, until then all I will say is... from what I managed to read before I fell asleep (and got stuck at the big words) is, I think I agree with what you said (I think, not sure though, I''ll let you know in about another six years)...

PS: I've never noticed you posting here before... can you prove who you are and indeed if your are real and not just a figroll of my vivid and highly medicated imagination...

klx300r 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 18:43:23
#112 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

jorit2 wrote:
@Hondo

OK, I'll bite and I might actually have to take some heat for this, so be it.

The reason I left Hyperion is very simple. We grew apart.
As I mentioned in my goodbye post, Hyperion was originally founded as a construction in which both Mr Hermans and I could do our own things.
To Mr Hermans, that was Amiga and games, to me it was some consulting, I started doing some Linux consulting in the early days.

But Hyperion became very much an Amiga-centric company, basically all the resources had to be used to sustain the Amiga project.
There was no room, it just wasn't possible, however frustrating that may have been to me, to channel resources to what I wanted to do, which was all very very early stages, and high risk, without jeopardizing the Amiga project, which was an ongoing project.

And we parted ways.

ah thanks for the clarification. So basically partners in a company had different long term visions for a company. One group wanted to diversify (aka Linux) and the other wanted to specialize/ put all troops in one main direction (AmigaOS4.x).
One group decided to leave due to vision issues and the other group carried on.

Now I'm assuming, having gone through a similar business situation myself, that you were in some way compensated for your shares/ 'interests' in the company before parting ways else the company named Hyperion would not exist as such today. So, to be fair, you really should not be discussing any 'Amiga' related matters with regards to your old company. Yes yes I know all the talk of ants and Linux etc. but if you want to do something positive for AmigaOS4.x or 5.x (including AROS/MOS) then please contribute something towards the active community in the present rather than huffing & puffing about old business arrangements that you parted ways with many years ago.

Last edited by klx300r on 07-Apr-2013 at 07:23 PM.

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

kindergip 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:21:55
#113 ]

@ dearest Franko

"Wowsers... someones swallowed two whole dictionaries for breakfast there, with a tiny pocketbook thesaurus on the side methinks ..."

How droll.

"... I think I agree with what you said..."

It's a studied observation.

"PS: I've never noticed you posting here before..."

Buried within what you feel is a sleep inducing wall of verbiage is a personal self admonition about letting myself get caught up in the antics of forums - you're so new as to fall well outside the time frame of the last of my lapses. A simple search will allow you to catch up with my meagre postings and observe my common demeanour in much simpler expressions of opinion, I just happen to be reading and writing above high school level this weekend for a project.

Good day sir.

Last edited by kindergip on 07-Apr-2013 at 08:31 PM.

kindergip 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:30:01
#114 ]

@OlafS25

In the old days I would delve through all the posts and capture relevant examples of my observations and then I would add anecdotes, historical references and name parties, events and add archived posted quotes from each of the participants, over the passage of years, if necessary to flesh out and back up what I've said.

Thankfully I no longer feel the need to correct people on the internet who get something wrong.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:31:21
#115 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

seems to be stream of counsciousness of sorts.. wow, what an eloquence! welcome back!

kindergip 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:40:53
#116 ]

@wawa

"wow, what an eloquence! welcome back!"

Thank you, I never actually left, I just managed to refrain from commenting.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:45:35
#117 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

sounds as if you were doomed to wander about. what a coincidence that you have choosen to express yourself like a hamlets father ghost king.

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 20:49:19
#118 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

Quote:
How droll.

You sure you're Canadian... as dour faced as you sound methinks youmust actually be a humourless yank or worse a typical Scot...

Quote:
It's a studied observation.

Well that's an opinion I suppose (that's just my observation but it didn't require much studying to conclude it)... 

Quote:
Buried within what you feel is a sleep inducing wall of verbiage is a personal self admonition about letting myself get caught up in the antics of forums -

Well "verbaige" isn't the exact word I'd use to describe it but the word I'd choose does sound quite similar, begins with a "g" and is the American equivalent of what we call rubbish over here...

Quote:
you're so new as to fall well outside the time frame of the last of my lapses.

Phew... thank gawd for that...

Quote:
A simple search will allow you to catch up with my meagre postings and catch my common demeanour in much simpler expressions of opinion, I just happen to be reading and writing above high school level this weekend for a project.

Normally I would indeed carry out quite a thorough search and discover a wee bit more about the person I'm communicating with but to be perfectly honest, I can't be arsed in your case as it sounds like from your comunication skills so far here, my time would be better spent watching paint dry... no offence meant by that it's just that you sound incredibly dull & boring...

Quote:
Good day sir.

Well it's actually nighttime here but is suppose that just technicality...

Not sure if I like being referred to as "Sir" though, I'll let you know once I've figured out if it's an insult or not...

Awe Ra Best... dour face...

PS: You sure you aint Scottish, you sound like your Scottish !!! Frae wan o ra poash bits o Embra tae be exact... Ah think yur frae Auld Reekie maself usin big wurds lik rat...

Last edited by Franko on 07-Apr-2013 at 08:51 PM.

klx300r 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 21:13:32
#119 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

kindergip wrote:
.. The Amiga and AmigaOS are still alive. No amount of verbiage will change that fact. I've been using Amigas since the A1000 and now have an X1000 sitting on my desk. It's sitting there because someone believed and made it happen despite long odds, minuscule resources, and an ongoing antonymous schadenfreude festering in the 'community'..

No amount of emotionally charged argument, empty hyperbolic ranting or fallacious rhetoric is going to change that fact, talking heads, sock puppets, deranged haters, multiple personalities, proxy fakes, and pseudo anonymous personalities notwithstanding.

To those who are still making the dream and even to those who have fallen to the wayside because of circumstances there is still hope and that cannot be taken away by those who do not believe.

+ 1, still having fun with my A1000 and new AmigaOne X1000 & AspireOS on my netbook so I say a big to all parties involved in keeping the party going

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

kindergip 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 21:34:27
#120 ]

@Franko

Your score card is filling up.

Extra points for deviation, deflection and digression. Is this your shtick?

I'm thinking blowing up a messenger fog implying a screed mentality steers the mind away from any lurking reefs which could allow a bounty from the sea without needing to raise sail and payment of associated costs.

Bonus for finding some Scots' in a Canadian. Are you going to add French and English as well or wait until you need another explanation for your witty digs?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle