Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 130 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  14 mins ago
 Hammer:  19 mins ago
 Hypex:  30 mins ago
 Karlos:  33 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  38 mins ago
 Rob:  56 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 Seiya:  6 hrs 19 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Evert Carton speaks About Cooperation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
OlafS25 
Re: Evert Carton speaks
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 22:34:48
#121 ]
Elite Member

@klx300r

"talking heads, sock puppets, deranged haters, multiple personalities, proxy fakes, and pseudo anonymous personalities notwithstanding"

you identify yourself with such phrases? Interesting

Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 22:40:41
#122 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

You are simply overdoing the whole thing. You (and others) can enjoy your X1000, SAM and so on but using phrases like "talking heads, sock puppets, deranged haters, multiple personalities, proxy fakes, and pseudo anonymous personalities notwithstanding" at others and at the same time accusing others to be "emotional" is strange to me. Everybody can enjoy his/her hobby but you sound "religious" like we are the true believers and the others the non-believers, the outsiders.

Yo 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 22:41:17
#123 ]
Team Member

@kindergip

Quote:

kindergip wrote:
@wawa

"wow, what an eloquence! welcome back!"

Thank you, I never actually left, I just managed to refrain from commenting.

It's really lovely to see you too.

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

klx300r 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:05:05
#124 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@klx300r

"talking heads, sock puppets, deranged haters, multiple personalities, proxy fakes, and pseudo anonymous personalities notwithstanding"

you identify yourself with such phrases? Interesting

LOL only with stuff I put in quotes myself I identify with

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:14:41
#125 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

Hulloo (again)...

Quote:
Your score card is filling up.

Wooooh.... didn't know I had a score card... (you sure it 's mine and not some other Frankos !!!, there's a lot lot of em about you know) never actually need such a thing meself to be honest as I never keep score, wouldn't be much point as there's no competition going on so keeping score seems pretty pointless...

Quote:
Extra points for deviation, deflection and digression. Is this your shtick?

Nice of you to hand out points but like I say I aint keeping scores... not sure about the "schtick" though... could you post a wee phottee of it and I'll let you know if its mine or not... might be me grandads auld walking schtick cos now that you mention it I aint seen that in a while...

Quote:
I'm thinking blowing up a messenger fog implying a screed mentality steers the mind away from any lurking reefs which could allow a bounty from the sea without needing to raise sail and payment of associated costs.

ZZZzzzz.... eh... what.... quarter past two... pardon...

Ooops sorry dozed off their again for a minute... 

Quote:
Bonus for finding some Scots' in a Canadian. Are you going to add French and English as well or wait until you need another explanation for your witty digs?

Nah... you don't come across as either French or English to me, even them lot aren't as boring sounding as you appear to present yourself as...

Thanks for letting me know though that I have been waiting for an "explantation" though, didn't even realise that is what I was doing here...

I must be getting really old and senile when I need "explanations" for things I write and don't even realise that I was "needing" or even requiring an "explanation" for my own words.... nice of you to offer this service for free to me though even though it's not "needed" or even required...

PS: About the "digs"... rest easy in the knowledge that there are no "digs" in my posts, simply comments, observations and personal opionions... nothing more, nothing less...

number6 
Evert Carton -tries- to speak about cooperation and is trolled into oblivion
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:18:27
#126 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Just a subject change for this post. Nothing else to see.

sundown 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:27:16
#127 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Normally I would indeed carry out quite a thorough search and discover a wee bit more about the person I'm communicating with but to be perfectly honest, I can't be arsed in your case as it sounds like from your comunication skills so far here, my time would be better spent watching paint dry... no offence meant by that it's just that you sound incredibly dull & boring...

No offence, but I've noticed that your witty comments about other ppl describe you to a "T" 90% of the time. Just an observation, but thought it was interesting.

klx300r 
Re: Evert Carton -tries- to speak about cooperation and is trolled into oblivion
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:29:34
#128 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@thread

ah 6 did you actually expect something else

btw, irc tonight

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

number6 
Re: Evert Carton -tries- to speak about cooperation and is trolled into oblivion
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:31:25
#129 ]
Elite Member

@klx300r

Quote:
btw, irc tonight

absolutely.

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:33:55
#130 ]
Elite Member

@number6

@Number6
Erm... whats the subject been changed too...

Antywhoo

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Well just shortly starting from midnight GMT the next four hours solid it's Wrestlemania time once again, live from the good ole U S of A (somebody's gotta watch it)...

It makes a nice wee change to just sit back and watch something totally mind numbing, with lots of grown up men behaving like naughty wee boys pretending they hate each other and bashing each other over the head at every chance they get, all of course done in the best possible taste and in the name of entertainment ...

Hmmm... now that I think about it... it sounds just like visiting Amiga forums... oh well... at least I get to moon the telly when they play the American national anthem at the start...

For The Next 4 Hours The Internet Will Be A "Franko Free Zone"... Honest... Enjoy It While You Can...

PS: Blame Canada...

Franko 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:35:45
#131 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@Franko

No offence,

None taken...

Quote:
but I've noticed that your witty comments about other ppl describe you to a "T" 90% of the time. Just an observation, but thought it was interesting.

Thank you and I concur 100% with that...

number6 
Posted on 7-Apr-2013 23:36:13
#132 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Erm... whats the subject been changed too.

Actually it's your subject line too now that you replied to my post. Heh.

kindergip 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 0:24:19
#133 ]

Bwiffssttt

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:

Evert Carton -tries- to speak about cooperation and is trolled into oblivion
^^^^^
@thread

Bwah haha haha

#6, buck in the spew jar, I got coffee over my nice monitors.

jahc 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 7:23:29
#134 ]
Elite Member

@kindergip

Quote:
"PS: I've never noticed you posting here before..." Buried within what you feel is a sleep inducing wall of verbiage is a personal self admonition about letting myself get caught up in the antics of forums - you're so new as to fall well outside the time frame of the last of my lapses. A simple search will allow you to catch up with my meagre postings and observe my common demeanour in much simpler expressions of opinion, I just happen to be reading and writing above high school level this weekend for a project.

Welcome back Kindergip!

Btw, who's this Franko noob?

fishy_fis 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 7:57:34
#135 ]
Elite Member

While theres more than a little competition within this site, I must dub this, "Most Ridiculous AW.Net Thread Ever". It started with a reasonable, albeit initially confusing intent, but evolved into a battle of the farces.

I have to question whether people are aware that just because a fantasy/delusion exists in your head (and even then, for their own sakes I hope those involved in "the crazy" know theyre being ridiculous) doesnt mean that writing it down in a public forum makes it less ridiculous? Arguing things that are nonsense until a person is black and blue doesnt stop them being nonsense.

Please though, dont stop on my account. It shares the same sort of entertainment value as a really bad t.v show or movie. Cringe worthy, but oddly compelling because of it.

If threads had soundtracks, Id be hearing circus music right now.

Franko 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 8:19:16
#136 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:

Btw, who's this Franko noob?

The same "noob" whom replied to your posts on a few occasions in the past couple of years...

Must be sitting there on yer Jack Jones for all that time in your picture that your mind has wandered and you've forgotten things...

Franko 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 8:32:42
#137 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

Quote:

fishy_fis wrote:
doesnt mean that writing it down in a public forum makes it less ridiculous? Arguing things that are nonsense until a person is black and blue doesnt stop them being nonsense.

You know I've often thought the same since I discovered these Amiga sites & forums around 3 years ago and looked back at old posts & threads from nearly a decade ago (or longer) and compared them to current ones...

People arguing things that are nonsense like, the amiga is dead or not, PPC is dead or not, ARM is better than PPC or X86 is better than both, the netbook is dead or not, etc... etc...

Yup people still "argue" the same old nonsense year in year out until they're all "black and blue" and got broken legs and are the walking wounded... but you know something they don't stop for some reason despite them being "nonsense" and people never stop pointing this out to them either...

PS: I prefer to imagine I'm hearing the Laurel & Hardy theme tune when reading these posts and on occasion Ying Tong Iddle I Po by The Goons sometimes...

fishy_fis 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 8:45:49
#138 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

The Benny Hill music would also be quite fitting :)

Yo 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 9:05:55
#139 ]
Team Member

@Franko

It's only because the weather is so bad no one can get out in the garden or participate in outdoor activities. Nought else to do but hover by the fire, rehash and navel gaze.

But, come come now, these aren't really arguments but more simply -- spirited discussions, yes? I prefer to imagine we're all down the local and playing this out over a pint or three. Mine's ESB or Old Speckled, cheers. Oh, and a bag of pork scratchings, thanks ever so much.

Everyone just needs something to focus upon, there's bags of talent on this site and others like it. Someone toss out an idea?

So to get back on topic: I think the kind manner Evert aka Jorit2 has come on here and very nicely put up with all manner of utter tosh and bollocks gives an example of how some in the Amiga Community can be frank and forthcoming replying and responding to questions posed without getting pissy and throwing a tantrum, leaving the rest of us to poke about with the pram toys tossed on the floor.

I wish Company leaders were more like that. Maybe all Company Directors, whether Nouveau Riche or properly elected, should read Dale Carnegie's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" which teaches one should focus on other's needs over your own ego. I know it would be hard for some to take that on board, but little steps... and it would be a start....

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Apr-2013 9:24:05
#140 ]
Elite Member

@Yo

everybody here is tolerant ... as long as nobody has different views

I think the basic problem in this market is that it is not "business" for a long time now. Most commercial developers have long left and the few that are still here do it for nostalgic reasons and not with the hope to earn money. Only in such a market you can afford "religious convictions" like some postings in this thread (and others). That is also the case for OS development, otherwise people would think and act different. And this will only change when we manage to get it commercial again. And that does not mean already mainstream but the user numbers high enough to justify commercial development.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle