Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 94 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

amigang,  DiscreetFX

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigang:  44 secs ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 min ago
 pavlor:  13 mins ago
 amigakit:  35 mins ago
 zipper:  48 mins ago
 matthey:  49 mins ago
 Maijestro:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 Rassilon:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Arix Foundation?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rob 
Re: Arix Foundation?
Posted on 11-Nov-2013 19:45:00
#101 ]
Elite Member

@amigang

Dammy said he and Terminills had planned to attend this year but when it came down to it things weren't quite ready to present so they decided to wait instead.

Profile     Report this post  
saimon69 
Posted on 11-Nov-2013 19:53:23
#102 ]

@AmigaHeretic

This is getting damn creepy!

terminills 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 10:56:46
#103 ]
AROS Core Developer

Last edited by terminills on 22-Jul-2014 at 01:29 AM.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 11:01:45
#104 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

"However at this point since it's obvious that there's potential for my children being stalked I have decided to walk away from the whole thing."

What do you mean?

I hope not that it means like it sounds... community loosing another big contributor because of this sad crazy people ....

Last edited by OlafS25 on 12-Nov-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Rob 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 11:14:43
#105 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

You should not walk away because some over zealous skeptic went a bit too far in trying to validate the facts behind Arix.

While I understand your concerns I think it is unlikely that there are any madmen in the Amiga scene that your children need to be shielded from.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 11:19:25
#106 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Dohnert wrote that people wished him death... You can agree to what people do or think or not but some people are going too far, that is pure fanatism and they should go to doctor instead of posting. Do they do the same in "real world"? Propably not. People should behave online the same as in real world.

Instead of people being happy that some are trying to do something and move the platform they see it as a attack because it is not their favorite platform like "everybody who is not for me is my enemy". People should start thinking what they do!!!!

Last edited by OlafS25 on 12-Nov-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Rob 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 12:56:11
#107 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Quote:
Dohnert wrote that people wished him death

Yeah I heard Thomas Frieden and Hans-Jog Frieden received death threats too and probably others too and I have been shocked and disgusted at some of the things I've read from people who call themselves sane and reasonable.

edit.

Of course this we be taken as a sign of how evil OS4 users are and paraded on a certain site for months. No doubt by the same people who have already shown they have no real compassion for others.

Last edited by Rob on 12-Nov-2013 at 12:58 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:05:42
#108 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

I did not mention one camp but certainly for some there is only a small step between dedication and fanatism. I hope that Terminills calms down and continues what he has started. It would be a big loss for both AROS camp and the whole community. Wishing people (or their children) to die or being happy that somebody died at cancer just because you do not like what he was doing is ashaming and embarrassing. Of course it is the same for the Frieden brothers or anyone else. If the alternative is to be part of the community or loose the best people...

Last edited by OlafS25 on 12-Nov-2013 at 01:08 PM.

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:07:08
#109 ]

@terminills

Quote:

terminills wrote:
@amigang

However at this point since it's obvious that there's potential for my children being stalked I have decided to walk away from the whole thing.

Give me a break. ARIX is a publicly registered corporation. I was simply Googleing the information. This had nothing to do with stalking anybody or person. Just wanted to see what this "Corporation" was all about, but we've already discused that.

If you don't like the Photos contact Google / Google Maps and tell THEM you feel they are stalking you. (Plus you've pm'd to let me know that is old address for ARIX anyway so not sure why you care anyway)

I stated my point about why I was searching for the info already so I won't go there.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:11:54
#110 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

I assume that your posting (that I personal did not like either) was not all, propably he got "nice" emails like all the others who violated the "true heritage" and did things some disliked. To be honest I saw your posting as polemic.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:15:47
#111 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Yes that is how americans see the world, everything that is possible and not strictly forbidden is allowed to do. And why dealing with facts and discuss about features when you can make others looking silly?

Yo 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:34:38
#112 ]
Team Member

@the world in general

If you don't want things showing up on the internet.... then don't PUT things ON the internet.

Google doesn't require the brains of a rocket scientist.....

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 13:45:36
#113 ]
Elite Member

@Yo

Besides putting in these pictures just to make the project and all behind looking silly... i do not know what has happened since then but i assume that some crazy persons used these pictures to threat Terminills and his family and that only because he does some persons dislike...

AP 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 14:34:32
#114 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25:

>Besides putting in these pictures just to make the project and all behind l>ooking silly...

Maybe it was polemic, but If you go in public and found a company, it is legitime for everyone to pursue investigations.

And the informations posted are (legal) available in the www anyway.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 14:53:24
#115 ]
Elite Member

@AP

You are from austria? Then you know the phrase "not all what is legal is legitimate"

his "21 abuse report(s)" are certainly hard earned, gratulation to him

And propably this was only the starting point animating others to jump the bandwaggon. Was he directly responsible? Not in a legal way but indirectly. People here should start thinking how they treat each other. Terminills mentioned threat on his children, I think Dohnert said similar (children should become ill/die or similar). That is not only bad habbit, that is criminal and not justifyable. People seem to think they can do everything just because it is web, but it is not.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 12-Nov-2013 at 02:55 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:11:25
#116 ]

@OlafS25

Quote:
And propably this was only the starting point animating others to jump the bandwaggon. Was he directly responsible? Not in a legal way but indirectly. People here should start thinking how they treat each other. Terminills mentioned threat on his children, I think Dohnert said similar (children should become ill/die or similar). That is not only bad habbit, that is criminal and not justifyable. People seem to think they can do everything just because it is web, but it is not.

do we actually know that anyone threatened terminills -- or was it just his reaction to posts of the google maps pictures of his house? and as for roberto, frankly, i don't really trust anything that guy says.

-- eliyahu

wawa 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:23:41
#117 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu
+1.

eh guys calm down;)

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:24:02
#118 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

if it was only Roberto I would have doubts either... but the same reports from a number of different people. I have said what I think about that. I hope that people that are doing that start to think about that.

Rose 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:45:31
#119 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@OlafS25

Quote:

do we actually know that anyone threatened terminills -- or was it just his reaction to posts of the google maps pictures of his house? and as for roberto, frankly, i don't really trust anything that guy says.

-- eliyahu

You are talking about community where someone wished that newborn baby will play with plastic bags since dad was related to CUSA.

cgutjahr 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:49:54
#120 ]
Cult Member

@Kronos

Quote:

Well dammy has a history about putting his ducks behind the wrong cart

Usually, I'd second that - but ignore dammy for a moment and have a closer look at ARIX Corporation:

They have no less than six directors listed. With that much management, you simply can't fail.

And they already have a secret, which will be revealed "in X days". That's totally awesome, right?

On top of all that, they named their company after a project that got hyped a lot, failed badly and became the laughing stock of big parts of the AROS community.

They're obviously mimicking Hyperion's and A-EON's approach - all that's missing is "THE NAME", or at least some abomination of it. But I'm pretty sure that will be fixed soon, seeing how Mr. Dohnert is already backing this up (even more awesome!).

Seriously, some of the names on the list of ARIX directors actually make this sound promising. It's a shame they already messed up that badly , before the community even know what it is they're planning to do.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle