Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

A1200

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  1 min ago
 klx300r:  18 mins ago
 matthey:  36 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  44 mins ago
 zipper:  51 mins ago
 kinchan:  52 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 Beamish2040:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Arix Foundation?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
cgutjahr 
Re: Arix Foundation?
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:54:01
#121 ]
Cult Member

@terminills

Quote:

However at this point since it's obvious that there's potential for my children being stalked I have decided to walk away from the whole thing.

You founded a company, and somebody checked the company headquarters. It's been done for CUSA, various AInc offices, people tried to track down various instances of Thendic/Genesi. Not sure what you expected, and I don't see how that is a threat.

The creepy guys who actually took pictures of your house aren't related to the Amiga community, you know.

Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:54:26
#122 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

+1

I agree that this "a secret will be revealed on/in" that is so popular right now is not my taste either and certainly not normal way in business world. People should make their judgements when all informations and the new OS is available (and not trying to make them looking silly).

damocles 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 15:57:34
#123 ]

@Yo

Quote:
If you don't want things showing up on the internet.... then don't PUT things ON the internet.

As per Florida law, it's public record and is available via web site. Could we all have gotten PO Boxes? Yeah, but if someone wants to stalk us, that wouldn't have stopped them in this day in age of the internet. Did Google come ask any of us if we wanted pictures of our home for their mapping? No, they sure didn't but it's out there any ways.

Be that as it may, when people posted McBill's home, his Amiga Inc partner's home, and I think Ben's "office" pictures on Moo, there was a huge out cry of cyberstalking coming from AWN and AO about that awful Moobunny site. One thing I can say about any links to houses of executives from Amiga Inc or Hyperion posted on Moo, there was never any hints that children were living there. Yet on AWN, we see someone's home with very obvious young children's toys in the yard of someone that has been helping this community. AWN has had an admitted pedophile who probably still reads AWN under a different alias and who knows how many unknown pedophiles read AWN that are radical in their Amiga theology. I think most of us find this level of cyberstalking when children are in the crossfire distasteful to say the least, but guardians of AWN seem to ignore the pictures. Had this been say your house, AmigaDave's house, or any AWN staffer's or SSolie's related house that was obvious signs of children were living there, would the pictures have been allowed stayed online on AWN? I don't think so. If that is the new standard on AWN, I don't want to read word one coming from AWN staffers ever again about Moobunny posts.

Last edited by damocles on 12-Nov-2013 at 03:58 PM.

g01df1sh 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 16:06:22
#124 ]

@damocles

This looks to be getting out of hand think we should all calm down and wait for the count down to finish and then judge.

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

number6 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 16:06:58
#125 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Quote:
various AInc offices

Would you please stop referring to the mail drops for John Grzymala, Darren B. Cohen etal and their filing cabinets as "AInc offices"

Thanks.

Quote:
Seriously, some of the names on the list of ARIX directors actually make this sound promising.

Hyperion's former managing partner seems positive as well

Last edited by number6 on 12-Nov-2013 at 04:33 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 16:07:09
#126 ]

@damocles

please let tim know that if the photos on google maps street view are a problem, he can request they be removed. if there is any actual threat or concern for the safety of his children, they must remove it. that said i would suggest you register the corporation somewhere other than a person's home for any number of reasons.

@AmigaHeretic

whether or not it's an invasion of privacy, or goes against the TOS of the site, or whatever, i think it's clear that terminills really doesn't appreciate you posting photos of his home on this site. would you mind removing them -- just for the sake of courtesy? i think we'd all appreciate that, and it might calm things down a touch.

-- eliyahu

fishy_fis 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:03:35
#127 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

More than courteousy, but basic decency.
I get that the idea was to try to belittle things by pointing out that its registered to a private residency, but any half decent person would know where a line should be drawn.
Posting multiple pictures of what is clearly a family home, along with an address is well beyond that line.

ferrels 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:12:11
#128 ]
Cult Member

This is the exact same comment I posted regarding Aminux, but it applies to Arix as well.

Yet another Linux distro hosting AROS. Excuse me for not being excited, but how many more of these announcements are we going to see? One for every Linux distro out there? I prefer to run AROS natively instead of putting it atop Linux and an API translation layer. This is no more exciting to me than running OS3.9 on top of Windows using WinUAE. Yawn....

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:24:00
#129 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

I see many other "news" postings (for every small update one big news f.e.) so I do not agree there. And there are others who like it.

ferrels 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:33:07
#130 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

Yes, there are a lot of people who like Linux, but I prefer to run OS3, OS4 or MOS natively. When I want Linux, I get Linux. I use Linux quite often and I develop mapping software for Linux but when I want to play with Amigas, I play with real Amigas, not Linux boxes with Amiga window-dressing or emulation/API translation layers obscuring the Linux underneath.

damocles 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:39:13
#131 ]

@ferrels

Quote:
Yet another Linux distro

You can stop right there. You are very wrong and need to rethink this over again.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 17:46:28
#132 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

AMINUX has nothing to do with ARIX, more similarities with Amithlon (if ever). So do not draw conclusions without knowing any facts (regarding ARIX).

Darrin 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 18:24:26
#133 ]
Team Member

@damocles

Before you start having a go at AW staffers I suggest you take a long hard look in the mirror.

Considering the last project you were involved in consisted of you making post after post of lies, lies and more lies, I'm not surprised that any new project that has your name mentioned with it also undergoes a thorough examination.

Let me make this clear for you right now, especially as you dislike the staff here so much, this is not going to become another outlet for your daily smoke and mirror games.

If there's a post here that you deem to be in a violation to the TOS or just plain unethical then report it.

Darrin 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 18:32:17
#134 ]
Team Member

@damocles

I've just looked at the abuse reports submitted and I agree with you that even though the information is available online, there is absolutely no reason to post pictures of the house and family members engaged in private activities, even if Google think they have the right to.

If someone wants this stuff they can dig for it themselves rather than have it served on a plate.

Note to everyone here: Pictures of business are fine, but pictures of private residential addresses (even if they are listed as a business) with peope going about their private lives is not on. The pictures will be removed and from now on the ARs will be approved.

Just because something is online doesn't mean that it needs to be shared, or shared in a particular way.

Last edited by Darrin on 12-Nov-2013 at 06:44 PM.

AP 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 19:20:47
#135 ]
Cult Member

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@AP

You are from austria? Then you know the phrase "not all what is legal is legitimate"

his "21 abuse report(s)" are certainly hard earned, gratulation to him

And propably this was only the starting point animating others to jump the bandwaggon. Was he directly responsible? Not in a legal way but indirectly. People here should start thinking how they treat each other. Terminills mentioned threat on his children, I think Dohnert said similar (children should become ill/die or similar). That is not only bad habbit, that is criminal and not justifyable. People seem to think they can do everything just because it is web, but it is not.

After looking at the photos again, I agree, that at least the private photos (especially when children involved) should not be shared here. Even if its legal, its not really legitimate (I know the phrase )

But again: If you found a company and go public, you will be public. If you wont take the risk, that your private life is to much involved, than you have to divide your private life from your company e.g. with a separate company-address or with a letterbox company.

saimon69 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 20:31:31
#136 ]

@Darrin

Well done :)

Last edited by saimon69 on 12-Nov-2013 at 08:31 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 20:32:27
#137 ]

@Darrin

thank you.

-- eliyahu

cheesegrate 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 20:34:59
#138 ]

{Post removed by Mod}

Last edited by Darrin on 12-Nov-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Last edited by cheesegrate on 12-Nov-2013 at 08:40 PM.

"Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!" - Monkey Island

saimon69 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 20:55:27
#139 ]

@all

Damn! This makes me wish not to touch anything Amiga related not even with a ten foot pole! Do you really all people there feel so ENTITLED to your technology to harm phisically or psychologically somebody that wanted to reboot it but not in the direction YOU like?

Is this a CULT with its own DOGMAS or what?

Overflow 
Posted on 12-Nov-2013 21:05:49
#140 ]

@saimon69

Shouldnt let a few people define a whole community.
All communities will have a few of those.

Up thru the years ive played a few mmos, and if you think this community
is bad, you would be shocked how far people can fall.

The posting of pics was very bad taste, but that shouldnt "scare" you away from
the hardware you enjoy.

Dont let the trolls win etc etc.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle