Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

t0lkien

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 t0lkien:  2 mins ago
 amigakit:  23 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  36 mins ago
 Troels:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  3 hrs 27 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 39 mins ago
 Comi:  4 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Street Fighter II - Capcom goes woke
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hypex 
Re: Street Fighter II - Capcom goes woke
Posted on 23-Feb-2021 14:57:53
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Amiga4000

Well what a bunch of wokers.

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Posted on 24-Feb-2021 11:13:53
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

Quote:

Yogi27 wrote:
... I am more than confident there are plenty of sites or social media apps, that you can have this conversation.

I am "more than confident" that you'd get banned from the Kinda Funny chat for questioning liberal/woke/snowflake worldviews. So no you're wrong that freedom of speech is protected in all corners of the internet. This is computer game related and the Amiga has a version of Street Fighter 2 so I say this IS relevant.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 24-Feb-2021 11:36:20
#23 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

MURDERERS

BigD 
Posted on 24-Feb-2021 16:41:08
#24 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:

MEGA_RJ_MICAL wrote:
MURDERERS

Retconing things out of existance like Bruce Willis in Looper is a kind of 'murdering of the past' IMHO.

Jose 
Posted on 24-Feb-2021 21:33:52
#25 ]
Cult Member

@simplex
"Trump incites a riot and Twitter bans him (yay!) but an ESPN contributor ..."

Except he didn't even incite any riot... It's amazing where we're getting at worldwide. There used to be some degree of honesty in the political arguments and in the reporting by the media.. I personally disliked some of his policies a lot regarding the environment, mostly pollution related stuff, not the carbon thing which is obviously exaggerated to tax us. But anything politically important should be debated in public honestly, whether you like the person or not!

On a related note, do any of you guys follow the EU's new policy maker trends regarding public social media that will go in effect within some years and maybe also affect discussion forums ? Is this site's gonna be targeted too ? There used to be some serious wars here regarding "Amiga politics" and when all was said and done I think it was better for discussions to be open. People could look back and even laugh at it.. That won't be allowed anymore if the laws some of the lunatics on the EU parliament want go into effect... Maybe they even passed already, I got fed up and stopped following that...
Aworld.net should start thinking about moving servers to a county where freedom of speech is not being attacked with false pretexts to avoid getting fined in the future... Maybe I'm exaggerating but I wouldn't be surprised...

Cheers, been some years since I posted here
[EDIT] Apparently I posted about an year ago so that's not years....:)

Last edited by Jose on 24-Feb-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Last edited by Jose on 24-Feb-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Last edited by Jose on 24-Feb-2021 at 09:39 PM.
Last edited by Jose on 24-Feb-2021 at 09:39 PM.

José

simplex 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 2:43:17
#26 ]
Cult Member

@Jose

Quote:
@simplex
"Trump incites a riot and Twitter bans him (yay!) but an ESPN contributor ..."

Except he didn't even incite any riot...

Trump spent two months riling people up. He lied to them that the election was stolen, that they had to act, etc. He filed frivolous lawsuits that were nearly unanimously rejected due to lack of evidence. He used inflammatory language and publicly pressured numerous government officials to break the law. He constantly pushed out conspiracy theories, both on Twitter and on public TV.

Your implication that this didn't have an effect on those fervent supporters of his who subsequently marched to the Capitol simply doesn't have merit. Trump may not have intended to incite a violent riot that led to 5 people's deaths, but incite one he did.

Last edited by simplex on 25-Feb-2021 at 02:45 AM.

samo79 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 5:15:50
#27 ]
Elite Member

@simplex

Quote:
The Italian Communist Party was for decades a full-on apologist, and continues to sport Soviet logos as their own and print it on their publications

Sure, and we are proud of this, and add that we will continue to do so whether the EU revisionists (and their masters in US) like it or not

Quote:
even after numerous Eastern Europeans pointed out that they found that no less offensive than Nazi symbols

Such eastern countries would do better if they stop licking the European Union's feet in an attempt to rise the worldwide Russophobia in order to obtain extra money from the European funds (of which Italy is the third main contributor)...
Any attempts to rewrite the common history of Europe peppering it with lies, will bring you nowhere...

Last edited by samo79 on 25-Feb-2021 at 05:16 AM.

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

simplex 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 6:25:34
#28 ]
Cult Member

@samo79

Quote:
Sure, and we are proud of this

Thank you for proving my point: the wrench turns in only one direction. Some people will never be made to answer for the blood they cheered or even spilled themselves, and communists are Exhibit A.

Quote:
, and add that we will continue to do so whether the EU revisionists (and their masters in US) like it or not

Man, if Europeans consider Americans their masters, then Americans haven't done a good job of training them. They're not very good at supporting us, that's for sure.

Quote:
Any attempts to rewrite the common history of Europe peppering it with lies, will bring you nowhere...

Grazie, ma conosco la storia dell'Europa molto bene, ho studiato la storia e ho passato tanto tempo lì con la mia famiglia e anche presso un'università italiano dove alcuni comunisti avevano preso controllo d'un edificio. Quindi sono ben informato sul rispetto per la verità tra i comunisti. Anzi, la mia moglie è una dei russi che insiste che Stalin non era assassino... mi sono sistemato troppo bene per questo.

samo79 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 7:10:18
#29 ]
Elite Member

@simplex

E' il bello del mondo moderno no.. potersi sposare con una donna Russa e magari farsi raccontare una storia diversa da chi quel mondo lo ha conosciuto davvero..

P.S.
Ah beh spero che quei cattivissimi comunisti non abbiamo preso possesso dell'universita' manu militari

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

Bugala 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 14:25:28
#30 ]
Cult Member

@simplex

regarding "Trump" lawsuits: https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/trump-is-winning-election-lawsuits-in-case-you-havent-heard

Main thing in this is that 25 of these lawsuits are still ongoing, and from 21 lawsuits that have actually been trialed, Trump has won 14. Unfortunately this article doesn't tell what these 14 lawsuits are or if they have any actual importance, regardless, the main point here is that News Medias were reporting about these law cases inaccurately.

First of all, to my understanding Trump has filed only very few of these lawsuits, I think at one point it was mentioned 3, don't know the current situation.
Second, the comment about these lawsuits having lost in court was slightly inaccurate. Point was that they weren't trialed at all for various mainly technical reasons, like filing too late, a person who filed not having the right to do so, etc.
So while you can say they failed at court in the sense that they were never trialed, that however gives a wrong impression, since that gives an impression like there was no basis at all, while reasons for courts not taking them were not based upon that claims had no basis, but based upon technicalities, the actual merits of those cases were never trialed.

BigD 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 15:45:43
#31 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

China being upset by the Rising Sun Flag is not accurate either!

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3007165/why-china-letting-japans-warship-fly-rising-sun-flag-sign

Capcom need to get a grip of real world events and stop acting like they feel the pain of the 'victims'! They have no idea!

kolla 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 15:52:06
#32 ]
Elite Member

If they replace E. Honda with D. Trump and the rising star with a MAGA banner...

BigD 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 17:14:43
#33 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

This looks kinda fun!

Trump Vs Clinton

Plus the official World Warriors III with Trump as a playable character didn't get funded

Kickstarter: World Warriors III

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 25-Feb-2021 17:25:24
#34 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:

MEGA_RJ_MICAL wrote:
MURDERERS

Retconing things out of existance like Bruce Willis in Looper is a kind of 'murdering of the past' IMHO.

The Universe, my friends, stops to spin and expand and contract RIGHT NOW.
It happened:

I fully agree with BigD on something.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR of the 1000 VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs

simplex 
Posted on 26-Feb-2021 0:31:26
#35 ]
Cult Member

@Bugala

I'm clearly referring to Trump's attempts to prove he won an election he didn't win, claiming fraud and demanding that the results be decertified. Check the dates on the decisions in the original source to LifeSite's article; many of them were filed before the election; they're conflating that with other lawsuits, and I suspect they're doing it on purpose: when you start counting lawsuits that occur after the election, you see that the vast majority are adjudicated as in favor of "Election Administrators" (obvious loss), or "Case not fully heard" (poor attempt to spin a loss).

If you withdraw a case because you can't prove, you've lost. That's especially true after your "crack" legal team spent months boasting they could prove it.

Likewise, when a case is dismissed, and the decision states clearly that "fraud allegations were vague and implausible, and their evidence was unreliable or irrelevant" (the words used in the Bowyer v. Ducey case), you've lost. Sure, technically they didn't rule against him on the merits, and why not? because there was no merit to the claim.

Sorry, this group, and LifeSite with it, is engaged in spin, nothing more, nothing less.

Finally, that article's from 3 weeks ago, and we know that there have been some negative results since then. Check the original source, which I linked.

Trump lost, and spent months lying about it because he isn't man enough to admit it when he's lost. He's a capital-L Loser, and will slink away into history bearing stain on his record.

Rob 
Posted on 26-Feb-2021 7:23:17
#36 ]
Elite Member

@simplex

Make of this what you will.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

BigD 
Posted on 26-Feb-2021 12:46:08
#37 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Also, considering they removed the Rising Sun from the E. Honda stage in SFV, how did this jigsaw not get vetoed by the Capcom 'Woke PR' department?

https://www.amazon.com/Together-Perfectly-Street-Fighter-V-ryu-Rising-Sun-Puzzles-Activity/dp/B08GFS1GVY?th=1

... not exactly consistant is it?

BigD 
Posted on 26-Feb-2021 12:55:42
#38 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

I particularly like this one!

"CAPCOM: Standing squarely behind the woke snowflakes and Koreans (the Chinese don't care) with our key ethos to eliminate the casual celebration of the Imperial Japanese Empire by middle American familes everywhere!"

bison 
Posted on 26-Feb-2021 17:30:28
#39 ]
Elite Member

@simplex

Quote:
Sure, technically they didn't rule against him on the merits, and why not? because there was no merit to the claim.

The 12-12-20 Trump v Wisconsin decision is an illuminating example.

Quote:
It has become an article of faith among ardent Trump followers that the election was stolen. The president continues to insist that this is the case, and these flames were further fanned by 19 Republican-controlled state governments, along with 126 Republican members of Congress, who joined the meritless Texas lawsuit, tossed out by the Supreme Court on Friday. The rationalization behind that stunt was that the president has been denied his day in court. But every time a court offers him an opportunity to establish by proof what he is promoting by Twitter, Team Trump folds. Why is that?

A Stunning Passage from the Latest Court Rejection of Team Trump

simplex 
Posted on 27-Feb-2021 1:40:02
#40 ]
Cult Member

@Rob

Quote:
The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.

Looks like people organizing, petitioning government to change laws, etc. I don't like all the things they worked for, but they're well within their constitutional rights.

Of course Time sensationalizes it. Our news media aren't good for much more than yellow journalism these days.

My first two voting-eligible elections were 1988 and 1992. Regardless of whether I liked the outcome, those were so much better. I've since had to live through 2000, 2004 (Democrats: "Diebold stole the election for Bush!"), 2008 (future Trumpists: "Obama was born in Kenya!" or whatever), 2016 (Republicans: "Flight 93 election!", Democrats: "Russian spy!"), and now 2020 (Republicans: "Dominion stole the election for Biden!"). And of course the media throws the spotlight on the worst players because nut-picking plumps the ratings.

Makes me long for the days of Marius and Sulla.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle