Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 41 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  40 mins ago
 Gunnar:  44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 12 mins ago
 eliyahu:  3 hrs 53 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 Marcian:  5 hrs 1 min ago
 michalsc:  5 hrs 1 min ago
 vox:  6 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
Bosanac 
Re: Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 17:58:36
#221 ]

@BigD

I do follow him. You don’t.

Profile     Report this post  
NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 18:02:30
#222 ]
Elite Member

@Bosanac

on facebook or twither?

Bosanac 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 18:08:04
#223 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

YouTube mostly 😜

terminills 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 22:48:25
#224 ]
AROS Core Developer

@NutsAboutAmiga

I followed him in a store one time.... Pretty sure he was shoplifting.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

Rob 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 23:13:56
#225 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

I once saw him at the side of road holding his thumb up. Pretty sure he was lift shopping.

terminills 
Posted on 4-Jul-2022 23:55:04
#226 ]
AROS Core Developer

@Rob

I wouldn't trust the guy hitch hiking.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

agami 
Posted on 5-Jul-2022 0:48:54
#227 ]

If I was going to follow a fictional character, it'd probably be Indiana Jones, a.k.a Dr Henry Jones Jr.
Weekday academic, weekend adventurer, searching for facts, hates Nazis, believes history belongs to everyone and not just rich collectors.

Or if I were looking for a martyr figure, then perhaps it'd be Lt Ellen Ripley. Logical, fights her own fights, descends into "hell" itself to fight "demons", sacrifices herself as an antidote to the irrational choices humans make in pursuit of power.

Bosanac 
Posted on 5-Jul-2022 4:51:01
#228 ]

@Rob

Quick, start a religion based around pretending you met Jesus.

It worked for Saul of Tarsus.

Plenty of money in it too! 😜

fishy_fis 
Posted on 5-Jul-2022 7:16:41
#229 ]
Elite Member

I've always found the quote, "You call him the messiah, I see a reckless faction based on mental slavery" incredibly accurate and concise.

Religious folk are essentially junkies.
Ever notice the glassy eyes and highs they get when getting their Jesus buzz on?
They get hooked on the chemical releases triggered, but don't make the connection, or live in denial that this is what they're experiencing.
They'll also go against all logic and common sense to keep chasing the dragon.

Last edited by fishy_fis on 05-Jul-2022 at 07:17 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 5-Jul-2022 12:50:56
#230 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

I don't see anything in the Bible about 'getting high' on the Holy Spirit or indeed constant 're-baptism of the Holy Spirit' which is probably the charisimatic/hippy type Pentecostal teaching that this has come from (not Biblical, although the Holy Spirit is sent once at the point of conversion). Anyway, this is very much NOT the main primary takeaway point of what it means to be a Christian.

1) God loves me
2) I have sinned
3) Jesus died for me (for that sin previously mentioned)
4) I need to decide to live for God

bhabbott 
Posted on 5-Jul-2022 14:13:23
#231 ]

@BigD

Quote:
1) God loves me

Evidence?

Quote:
2) I have sinned

Perfect God who can do no wrong creates Man in His own image. Man then 'sins'. Conclusion:- God deliberately put the sin in Man so He could punish us all forever. How sick is that?

Quote:
3) Jesus died for me (for that sin previously mentioned)

All powerful God couldn't get the sin out of Man, so He raped a virgin to raise a clone of Himself that He could have killed as a scapegoat. How sick (and illogical) is that?

Quote:
4) I need to decide to live for God

Er, no. I need to decide whether to believe this tripe or not. An easy decision.

kolla 
Posted on 6-Jul-2022 0:08:57
#232 ]
Elite Member

Religion is when you find it too troublesome to think for yourself and hence outsource your faith to someone else. Luckily the are plenty of “professionals” in the market who are only happy to provide you some faith, for “free”. It typically isn’t even their own faith, but mostly a set of dogma that has been passed down and “modernized” through time to fit the contemporary narratives.

The idea of a catholic (meaning “universal”) church existed already when jesus was born, all the different faith systems throughout the Roman empire was a constant problem and the idea was with one state religion, these problems would vanish. There were several candidates, but with emperor Constantine, it landed on christianity. The early christians had been troublemakers for quite some time already, better to embrace and extend, and create a monopoly. Also the empire was in stark decline, but those in power didn’t wish to loose it just like that, so… the holy roman catholic church was born, and rose out of the ashes as the roman empire collapsed. They even kept much of the hierarchy of the roman military. You can see similar “take over” in the russian orthodox church today, which grew out of the ashes of Soviet union, where most of those graybeard priests are former KGB and atheists. History repeats.

Last edited by kolla on 06-Jul-2022 at 12:10 AM.

agami 
Posted on 6-Jul-2022 1:44:00
#233 ]

There has always been a weird scam in the symbiosis of religion and the ruling class, which only works because so many people buy into it.
- Religion leaders legitimize rulers
- Rulers legitimize the religion

It's circular logic. Non of them actually had any legitimacy to begin with. They simply saw a mass of people eager for narrative, and they superimposed themselves into a story of their own weaving.

People like @BigD are comforted by their role in the narrative. So much so that they will twist themselves into untieable knots to turn their favorite fiction into non-fiction. They can't find greater or comparable comfort in the alternative narrative, irrespective of how much more aligned it is to our shared reality.

Our collective lot is a tragedy. It's inherent in the human condition, so we seek comforting stories to give the conclusion some semblance of meaning. Those focused on the "here and now", are happy with simple and small, if-this-than-that, stories. Those who's focus encompasses the "then and where next", do not cower from the complexity and grandeur of the stage, and are not in it to satisfy some primal "lizard brain" notion of happiness.

Hypex 
Posted on 6-Jul-2022 13:53:36
#234 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:
Pretty sure he was lift shopping.

What's that? Being in possession of stolen goods and putting them back on the shelf?

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 11:25:19
#235 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

I think it's quite interesting and ironic, that the thread has evolved into the dissection of the dogma surrounding religious ideology. And while people are quick to point out the contradictions, circular arguments and other logical fallacies to deconstruct religious beliefs, nobody has pointed out the obvious parallel to the gender identity debate.

I'm no conservative, but when Matt Walsh asks "What is a Woman", exposes the hollow nature of the whole concept. He also provides some exemplars of just how dangerous the ideology is. Meet Dr. Forcier, a gender affirming paediatrician: https://youtu.be/zdDB8wU73NA

GadgetMaster 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 12:27:17
#236 ]
Cult Member

@Karlos

Wait so you're saying these rainbow washers are fanatics and believe in one true way and that everyone opposing them is an evil devil incarnate that deserves cancelling of the highest order?

... You have a point

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
I think it's quite interesting and ironic, that the thread has evolved into the dissection of the dogma surrounding religious ideology. And while people are quick to point out the contradictions, circular arguments and other logical fallacies to deconstruct religious beliefs, nobody has pointed out the obvious parallel to the gender identity debate.

I'm no conservative, but when Matt Walsh asks "What is a Woman", exposes the hollow nature of the whole concept. He also provides some exemplars of just how dangerous the ideology is. Meet Dr. Forcier, a gender affirming paediatrician: https://youtu.be/zdDB8wU73NA

GadgetMaster 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 12:29:03
#237 ]
Cult Member

@agami

Why follow fictional characters when you can follow historical ones that actually existed?

Quote:

agami wrote:
If I was going to follow a fictional character, it'd probably be Indiana Jones, a.k.a Dr Henry Jones Jr.
Weekday academic, weekend adventurer, searching for facts, hates Nazis, believes history belongs to everyone and not just rich collectors.....

Last edited by GadgetMaster on 08-Jul-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 13:57:57
#238 ]
Elite Member

@GadgetMaster

If you listen to Dr Forcier, she doesn't accept any definition of gender based in biology. So, the question arises, what would she say to a young biological female who wanted to transition into being a woman? The absurdity of the question reflects the absurdity of the ideology that gender is a construct.

BigD 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 14:39:15
#239 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Obviously considering the parallels and differences between having faith in Jesus vs other world views/ideologies is not considered a worthy subject in most media outlets. However, believing in the existence of a 'gay gene' or thinking you can air brush away people's XY and XX chromosomes demands MORE faith and far less logic than believing Jesus was who he claimed to be!

Just as long as we accept these are all faith positions/world views that can change over time, we'll be alright. The Stonewall lobby seeks to destroy free speech, to promote 'pride' in sexual acts (an abhorrent concept since it's private and doesn't define you anyway), and basically aims to further their world view/ideology without ANY scientific justification. The media still peddles the agenda for them and the government funds their charity under our noses with our taxes!

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Jul-2022 15:03:00
#240 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

I genuinely don't think there's an actual belief in a gay gene among these particular Ideologues because that would anchor sexual preference in biology and they already don't accept that gender is rooted in biology.

Ironically, if there were a gay gene, the push to transform kids that have any such confusion to undergo a transition, beginning with puberty suppression and finally surgical alteration is a sure fire way to make sure it isn't passed on, seeing as they won't reach sexual maturation before their reproductive systems are destroyed.

Sterilisation of potential gays before maturation. Suddenly doesn't sound so fecking inclusive, does it? More like eugenics.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle